Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
age Fifteen years old birthday 9/7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team Member
Hana
Murahira
Do your best until you know better

once you know better, then do better

in life, honor - in death, glory
Hana's day had been interesting to say the least. 

She had met a foreigner earlier that morning who had offered to teach her some things regarding katon. They had worked briefly together before parting ways with an agreement they'd meet back up later after the Hyuuga boy had gotten settled in at his hotel and Hana had some time to work on a few things.

Since then, she had unraveled a handful of scrolls that contain basic methods for learning certain techniques. One of the scrolls was from her clan and contained a nifty little jutsu she'd save for later, but the other two were more commonly used around the world. She'd worked on them before but hadn't fully mastered them until recently. 

Today, she had put the finishing touches on them and was confident she could utilize them without issue. The other scroll, though, was one she was still uncertain about. She had only opened it up this morning. Would it be enough to have trained for a few hours?

Hana was uncertain. 

She had seen the technique used before, heard it used, and as such, knew the hand seals and the way the chakra needed to be moulded inside the body. It gave her an advantage when it came to learning such techniques, but she still had to put the time in to adopt the muscle memory to make it efficient.

Hana rolled up the scroll and set it aside with some of her other equipment on a nearby table. The rickety thing had seen years of service, but worked well enough for Hana's purposes, even if it could stand to be replaced.

She let out a sigh.

She'd been working hard and was tired and sore, but still had a lot of work to do that day. Admittedly, she was curious as to whether or not the Hyuuga would show up. Many might forget or get wrapped up in other things.

She'd hear him well before she saw him and it was about the right time for him to show up if he was going to commit. If not, she'd work on her own, but she was excited for a chance to see a foreign shinobi in action.

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS:

WORDS: 371 Words [1/8 Posts]

Fairemont has written 97 posts
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 20, 2022 13:42:55 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"ashes fall".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

READY TO RUMBLE

Shigure had trained with Azarea the afternoon, and the two made plans to go make some dinner together later that day, but he could still make it the training ground to help Hana for a little while. He had promised the young Murahira, after all. So, before the nightfall, he would make his way back to the very same training ground he had met her at. She would be able to hear him coming from afar due to her enhanced hearing, a gift from her clan, and he also had no interest in masking his presence.

Once he was within her line of sight, he would lift his hand and waive to her. "Yo! You are still training! Wild!" he said, with a large smile on his face and a quite enthusiastic tone. "I just finsihed some training myself, so I hope you are all warmed up and ready to go!" he said as he stopped a few feet away from her, stretching his limbs a little bit. He had just finished training, but if this was going to be a sparring match, he wanted to be fully ready.

"So, just your run of the mill sparring, or do you want to focus on something in particular? Any worries or concerns? Any things you want off-limits? I'm down for anything really." he said in a rather casual tone. With his experience as both a seasoned shinobi and an instructor, Shigure was used to many different types of sparring sessions.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Hidden Cloud's Training Ground
[]
[252 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 20, 2022 14:43:12 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

Hana was a patient sort. Even if Shigure didn't arrive on time, she had pletny to keep herself busy. But, true to his word, he showed up when expected. She had, as anticipated, heard him before she saw him, but when he got close enough, she turned to him and held up a hand in greeting.

"I am, though I did take a few short breaks." Hana replied. "I try to train whenever I can, or when I have nothing else that needs to be done."

Hana nodded faintly as he started to stretch a bit. "I am warmed up, maybe a little too much, though. It has been a long day."

Due to her extreme training schedule, it would be reasonable to assume that Hana was not in top form at the time. She was likely fairly fatigued so keeping up with the far more experienced shinobi was going to be tough - not that she would have stood much of a chance even in peak form.

Shigure just possessed far too many advantages that Hana was unlikely to be able to overcome.

"Sparring, yeah," Hana answered. "I have things I will be working on, but you won't have to worry about that. I can handle all of that on my own. As for stuff that is off limits? Probably no killing."

She made the last statement with such a matter-of-fact deadpan expression and extremely plain tone of voice that she could have been joking - or serious.

"All the tools I brought are training tools so they shouldn't hurt too bad. If you need some, feel free to borrow anything you want."

With that said, Hana turned to the open training field. "I don't know much about you, so I cannot say what you should or should not do, but I suspect you can use your own judgement."

She stepped out into the training area and wandered off a short distance before turning back to Shigure. She was ready.

TITLE:
 Ashes Fall

TAGS:

WORDS: 329 Words [2/8 Posts]

Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 20, 2022 15:22:47 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"ashes fall".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

SO IT BEGINS

He was happy to hear she somewhat listening to him and did take a few short breaks to rest, but otherwise, she was all warmed up and ready to go. A sparring match was indeed what she wanted, and the restriction she mentioned made him laugh and shake his head. "Of course! No point in killing allies! Or maiming them for that matter, hahahaha! Don't worry about that." he said, with a friendly smile on his face. As for the tools, he shook his head. "Don't worry about that, I have all I need right here." he said as he showed his hands to the fox-girl.

Then, as they both positioned themselves, a fair distance from one another, Shigure would frown his brows slightly and the veins around his temples would bulge with the activation of the Byakugan. He would fall into his Gentle Fist fighting stance, which seemed quite relaxed, but also devoid of any obvious breaches to his defence. "Ready?" he would ask her, and if she confirmed she was, he would waste no time in taking the initiative.

Charging against her, his body moved immediately, without the need of any momentum - a testament of his impressive agility and body awareness - and his speed, it was indeed something astonishing, especially for someone like Hana, who was a skilled, yet still fledging shinobi. In no time, he would close in to melee range, his left hand aiming to hit the girl on her solar plexus. His attack speed was also impressive, and extremely hard to follow, being a master of Taijutsu, Shigure was an impressive opponent to face.

If the girl was hit, she would feel like she had been lightly tapped, but a moment later a sudden and intense pain inside of her body would emerge, revealing a bit of how his fighting style worked.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Sparring
Charges at full speed for a solar plexus palm strike
[]
[316 words]

SA used:

『 GENTLE FIST SAVANT 』

Shigure is a natural savant at his clan’s legendary Taijutsu style despite being a sort of a late bloomer. He has developed an incredible proficiency with the techniques of his clan, that allows him to stand out above even his fellow kinsmen. With his current level of understanding and application of his techniques, the heir to the clan brings incredible precision and swiftness to his attacks, rarely ever missing his mark once an attack is launched.

Guided by his potent doujutsu, he became an expert at shutting down his opponents chakra network, as well as combining the techniques of the clan together to deliver even more powerful attacks. He can, while using the Gentle Fist and it's techniques, also land more blows per second than most of his peers, moving so swiftly that it’s even hard to keep up. This makes him an incredibly dangerous opponent to fight at close quarters, as he is capable of giving even higher ranking Shinobi a real challenge.

『 MOVEMENT SPEED 』

Shigure's speed is no longer solely restricted to his reaction speed in a fight; he can also move extremely fast. The Hyuuga can run at an incredible speed, capable of matching higher ranking shinobi. Keeping up with his pace is an strenuous task for those who are not skilled in close quarter combat, and to the untrained eye his movements will appear like a blur. If his opponents do not have superior reaction speed, they may struggle to evade him from closing in during battle, or from catching up to them in a chase. As consequence, he is also quite capable at retreating from combat, as few can match his full speed.

『 SUPERIOR AGILITY 』

The Hyuuga has improved his melee dexterity dramatically thanks to his intense training, dedication and hard work. His body learned to move with grace, no matter to which direction (forward, backwards, sideways), without straining his muscles, which are now capable of handling his body weight and swiftness in battle. Due to this, he can move around with near-perfect movement precision, making so that no wasteful movement is used, and his body moves at full efficacy. This allows him to move without any momentum, giving him an advantage in combat.

This ability, which helps him to maneuver without being hampered by his own body, makes opponents of similar level have a terrible time landing a blow on him.
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 20, 2022 18:15:09 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

As the two squared off, Hana heard something - something different. Chakra flowed through Shigure in ways it didn't normally move through a human. It moved up and to his eyes as he activated the Byakugan. That most fearsome dojutsu may not look like much at a glance, but Hana understood well what it meant - that she'd have to fight as hard as she could or she'd be defeated in an instant.

His stance wasn't too different than Hana's. The Subakage-ryū of the Murahira paired numerous disciplines together, including Taijutsu, but could certainly be used on its own. Unfortunately, Hana's mastery of the school was far from complete. Worrying about it wasn't something Hana was prepared for, so she didn't. 

"I'm ready," Hana replied.

As she spoke, she activated her kimono, Moyakikō. Hana had no idea if it would have any impact on Shigure, but assumed it wouldn't. Her kimono was an armor of sorts that distorted the view of the wearer and made it more difficult to focus on her, as if she was hidden behind a haze. But the byakugan didn't need to see the physical realm, so Hana was relying on her armor's ability to make her a bit more mobile.

She'd need all the speed and agility she could get, because Shigure was a lot faster than her. 

At least most of the time...

Hana's ears picked up the sounds of footfalls, of muscles straining, of clothes in the wind. Her eyes may not be able to keep up as well with Shigure's speed, but her ears were not easily deceived. 

She formed several hand seals in quick succession, taking advantage of the gap between them. However, she wasn't quite fast enough to fully complete her hand seals. 

Hana had her defenses, but they were to be used sparingly. Just as Shigure was to strike, Hana practically vanished from sight. It was no shunshin, but it was fast - very fast. In an instant Hana circled around behind Shigure, dust bursting from the ground where she passed. Subakage-ryū's Sonído was fast enough that the explosive power created a sharp bang from the force - but it had adverse effects on Hana. Using it too frequently would prove dangerous!

Her fourth hand seal completed as she finished moving. From nearly a meter away she created a blazing blue ball of fire between her hands and launched it towards Shigure.

"Hidama!"

It wasn't tremendously fast. Not so fast that the superior shinobi couldn't avoid it, block it, or something else. Hana knew that. But Hidama's usefulness was not entirely in its first form. Before it reached Shigure, or before he could truly do anything to block it (probably), she formed another handseal and the fireball burst apart into a plethora of tiny balls that would seek to buffet him.

They were not dangerous, not really. Enough could cause first degree burns, but it was unlikely he'd endure that much, not to mention Hana's technique was imperfect. It's heat wasn't all there and the control of the mini-hidamas was non-existent. They just burst apart like a directional explosive.

Hana had to do what she could early, because now that Shigure was this close and the gap between them didn't give her as much time to act, Hana was going to be in trouble!

Equipment Activated:
Moyakikō

Techniques Used:
Subakage-ryū's Sonído [New Shadow Style: Reverberating Turn]
Kitsunebi: Hidama [Fox Fire: Fire Spirit] (Training)

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS:

WORDS: 555 Words [3/8 Posts]

last edit by Murahira Hana on Oct 20, 2022 18:15:39 GMT -5
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 20, 2022 19:15:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"ashes fall".

ROTATION

His attack was very fast, but also quite direct, for he was testing her fighting ability, and Hana did not disappoint. As a matter of fact, the speed and agility she displayed were quite impressive, especially considering the fact that she was still a Genin. The haze generated by her chakra conductive clothing meant nothing to his Byakugan, who could easily see through it, but he noticed that the cloak empowered her body by means of increasing her speed, and that was quite the interesting thing. He also noticed the chakra inside of her body further empowering her body, to the point she moved quite fast, and if it wasn't for his sharp reflexes and mastery over his doujutsu, it would've been hard for him to follow her. Fortunately, with nearly three-hundred and sixty degree sight, he could see her when she appeared behind him. "You are fast!" he said with an enthusiastic tone.

The technique would be executed, but as it got close to Shigure's body, they were stopped by what initially looked like an invisible force. In a split of a second, Shigure's body went from idle to rotating at an absurd speed even when compared to what he had displayed. Chakra came out of every single one of his tenketsus, creating a dome of chakra that blocked - and destroyed - every single fire ball, and if Hana didn't move away in time, she would also be caught by the rotation. "Hakkeshou Kaiten!" he exclaimed.

If the girl was indeed caught by it, she would be sent flying away from him, repelled by the sheer force of the Hyuuga's absolute defence, leaving a small, shallow crater where he once stood. Regardless of that, Shigure would move immediately after using his defensive technique, closing in on Hana once more and aiming for another strike, this time to her lower stomach. His hand moving with incredible speed and precision. "Interesting technique there! I counted over thirty fire balls!" he said.

Sparring
Blocks attacks with Rotation, lounges in to attack her lower stomach.
[]
[337 words]

SA used:

『 BYAKUGAN 』

Like all members of his clan, Shigure also has the famous Byakugan as one of his signature traits. Naturally, Shigure’s eyes have a near 360 degrees field of vision around himself, save for a small blind spot at the back of his neck above the thoracic vertebra. His eyes are capable of seeing through most objects, giving him great perception of his environment, and making quite the challenge to surprise or ambush the Hyuuga when his doujutsu is activated. Having been seriously trained to develop his sight, Shigure managed to increase the range of his Byakugan to a respectful 4 kilometres range, which makes him quite the competent tracker in missions. His eyes also allow him to see infrared, through chakra barriers, discern clones from their makers, determine colour of someone’s chakra, and determine if a genjutsu is being used or not.

He is also very capable in his ability to see chakra, including the chakra circulatory system inside a person’s body, thus allowing him to easily identify the precise location of the tenketsus, which is paramount in the use of the Gentle Fist to its maximum capacity, power, and finesse. On top of it all, Shigure’s training and experience as a people’s person allowed him to add this insight to the power of his Byakugan, thus making him quite competent at reading people’s emotions. Therefore, when using his Byakugan, Shigure can usually detect if someone is lying through the impulses of their brain, heartbeat, and general body language. Moreover, when focused on an opponent, Shigure can even anticipate their reactions based on their muscles and body functions prior to the execution of an action.

『 ENHANCED COMBAT SPEED 』

What Shigure lacks in physical strength, he definitely makes it up in the combat speed department. Having trained the Gentle Fist since his early childhood, the Hyuuga learned that raw power and superior strength were borderline useless for his style since, in the end, nobody can train their inner organs to become stronger. Therefore, the chakra reliant style of the Hyuuga fighting style was more than enough for him to achieve the desired results in battle. Thus, the truly efficient way to improve his fighting capabilities was directly associated with how fast he could act and react in a fight.

Shigure’s reflexes are absurdly sharp, and he can react almost instantly to attacks, which makes him quite skilled at counter attacking with his deadly Gentle Fist, making it difficult for opponents to actually land a blow on him. In short, he can react fast to combat situations.

『 ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL 』

Due to the intensity of his training and his overall style as a practitioner of the Gentle Fist, as well as his Hyuuga genes, Shigure was able to develop a level of chakra control that puts him above that of his peers, equiparing himself to those a rank higher. His level of control is remarkable and allows him to optimise the usage of chakra, avoiding any unnecessary waste while using his techniques. This ability gives him an edge on the battlefield, as he is able to use more techniques, with more frequencing, while also avoiding the draining effects of running out of chakra due to waste.

『 GENTLE FIST SAVANT 』

Shigure is a natural savant at his clan’s legendary Taijutsu style despite being a sort of a late bloomer. He has developed an incredible proficiency with the techniques of his clan, that allows him to stand out above even his fellow kinsmen. With his current level of understanding and application of his techniques, the heir to the clan brings incredible precision and swiftness to his attacks, rarely ever missing his mark once an attack is launched.

Guided by his potent doujutsu, he became an expert at shutting down his opponents chakra network, as well as combining the techniques of the clan together to deliver even more powerful attacks. He can, while using the Gentle Fist and it's techniques, also land more blows per second than most of his peers, moving so swiftly that it’s even hard to keep up. This makes him an incredibly dangerous opponent to fight at close quarters, as he is capable of giving even higher ranking Shinobi a real challenge.

『 MOVEMENT SPEED 』

Shigure's speed is no longer solely restricted to his reaction speed in a fight; he can also move extremely fast. The Hyuuga can run at an incredible speed, capable of matching higher ranking shinobi. Keeping up with his pace is an strenuous task for those who are not skilled in close quarter combat, and to the untrained eye his movements will appear like a blur. If his opponents do not have superior reaction speed, they may struggle to evade him from closing in during battle, or from catching up to them in a chase. As consequence, he is also quite capable at retreating from combat, as few can match his full speed.

『 SUPERIOR AGILITY 』

The Hyuuga has improved his melee dexterity dramatically thanks to his intense training, dedication and hard work. His body learned to move with grace, no matter to which direction (forward, backwards, sideways), without straining his muscles, which are now capable of handling his body weight and swiftness in battle. Due to this, he can move around with near-perfect movement precision, making so that no wasteful movement is used, and his body moves at full efficacy. This allows him to move without any momentum, giving him an advantage in combat.

This ability, which helps him to maneuver without being hampered by his own body, makes opponents of similar level have a terrible time landing a blow on him.

Technique used:

NAME: Hakkeshō Kaiten [Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
DESCRIPTION:
A secret jutsu only handed down within the main house of the Hyuga clan. For this technique the user is expected to expel a huge amount of chakra from all the chakra points from a user’s body and start rotating their bodies. This will create a barrier around the user, which will shield them from nearby attackers, tossing and deflecting them away. The user can actively control the size of the sphere and thus make it bigger or smaller depending on the situation. If the user can not spin, however, their protective field will become weak and vulnerable.
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 21, 2022 8:13:31 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

"I am not as fast as you," Hana replied.

Hana knew it. By using such techniques like Shunpo or Sonído, even as a genin she could keep up with or outpace just about anyone. The only problem was the strain. It could not be used repeatedly, and it only spanned so much distance at a single time. Shigure's speed was just all him and had no such restrictions. Hana knew it would be the biggest hurdle she had to overcome if she hoped to last even a few seconds in this battle.

Shigure's rotation was... a little unexpected. Hana knew they had a 'rotation' technique but didn't expect him to actually spin himself to make it happen. It was an interesting technique. It was loud. Chakra roared all around. But she could tell his feet were still on the ground, moving rapidly to allow for his spin. 

Could such a technique be interrupted in some way?

Perhaps she'd try sometime...

But for now, she had to get away. Hana hopped backwards a few paces to put some distance between them. She had no idea what sort of range that technique could have on it, but she wasn't ready to take any risks. As soon as she was confident she was safe, Hana prepared her next technique by moulding chakra in her abdomen.

Her Hidama had not been of much use. She hadn't expected it to be. It was rough around the edges at best, functional in a miraculous way, but not something she'd rely upon in a real battle.

But Shigure's assault was not over yet. Hana began forming hand seals again and when Shigure rushed her, she blew a large stream of ash straight towards his face. Ash wouldn't impact the byakugan's sight, but getting ash in his face would be, in her hopes, enough to stun him briefly. If nothing else, it'd make breathing troublesome for a brief moment and maybe sting his eyes.

But she also completed the hand seal chain and created another hidama between herself and Shigure. It wasn't a defensive technique by nature, but she shoved it out to meet her assailant, hoping that, as she moved backwards and away from his strike, he was stunned enough that it would strike him full force. It wasn't too dangerous, but a full-sized hidama could certainly take a shinobi off their feet!

She may be surviving, but she was burning through what chakra she had rather quickly. It was only a matter of time before she lost the battle of attrition and could no longer hope to stand against the more veteran shinobi.

Techniques Used: 
Katon: Haijingakure no Jutsu [Fire Release: Hiding in Ash and Dust Technique]
Kitsunebi: Hidama [Fox Fire: Fire Spirit] (Training)

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS: 

WORDS: 437 Words [4/8 Posts]

Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 21, 2022 13:51:02 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"ashes fall".

TRUE SPEED

That she was not as fast as Shigure was a fact, but considering their gap in age and experience, her feats were no short than impressive. As Rotation took care of her attack, but Hana managed to back away just in time, before getting caught by the technique, but he wasn't going to let her have an easy time casting her techniques, and once he stopped rotating, he was already charging against her with the Gentle Fist. He noticed the moulding of her chakra, and recognized the hand seals. "Iruhi's technique." he thought to himself as he quickly dashed to the side, avoiding the straight stream of ash from touching his face. Of course the ash would spread, but at this point, his eyelids were already shut close; he could see through them, so that was not a problem for him at all.

It was time to show her the full extent of his agility, speed and reflexes. With a smirk on his face, the Hyuuga would then begin to avoid every single one of her fire balls, moving his body with grace, and seamlessly changing directions completely, without delay or need for extended momentum, showing his uncanny body control and awareness. Still, he had to commend her, for the technique - although not entirely perfected - was being manipulated well enough. "Seems like your fire release is becoming quite something! I'm impressed! You grew a lot, even compared to just this morning, Hana-chan!" his tone was rather excited, almost as if he was proud of the girl.

Given a little more time, and maybe she would force him to actually need to use a technique in order to avoid her attacks. But to push him to use the full extent of his speed was already something worth of his respect. He was Shigure of the Tornado, after all. "You will become an amazing kunoichi!" he added as he closed in enough to be in range for one of his mid-distance attacks. "Hakke Kushou!" and pushing his hands forward, he would launch an attack with such an incredible speed, not only due to the nature of the technique itself, but also because of how good he was with the Gentle Fist.

If Hana was caught by this one, she would be sent flying away, but the pain would not be coming from her flesh, but from inside of her body.

Training
Perceiving the incoming attack, dodges it and continues to move in an irregular pattern, avoiding the next attack, until closes in to counter with Vacuum Palm
[]
[422 words]

Technique used:

NAME: Hakke Kūshō[ Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
DESCRIPTION:
To perform this jutsu, the user makes use of the Byakugan to pin point the enemy’s vital points and releases a high-speed palm thrust. It will then work similarly to a mid-distance Gentle Fist strike, however it is quite stronger and able to knock the enemies off their feet with tremendous force even faster than they can tell they have been attacked.
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 21, 2022 14:59:31 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

It wasn't about winning; it wasn't even about landing a hit on Shigure. For Hana it was all about improving. When he made note of her improvement it was enough to elicit a small smile from her. It meant that everything she was doing was paying off. Not just in small amounts, either. It was something that others could notice.

She was the Future of Kumogakure for a reason, after all!

The ashes had missed but had stopped Shigure's assault. He had even dodged her follow-up technique without issue. It was to be expected, though. 

But she was getting an idea of what he was about, and now neither could really see - but neither really needed to see like others did. 

Hana heard the chakra flowing and Shigure creating his hand seals, but she didn't know what it entailed. He was far enough away, though, she suspected it had to be a ranged technique of some sort. But that hyuuga technique moved faster than she expected.

Her ears warned her earlier than most would have, and so she was able to move out of the way a little bit. The vacuum palm didn't hit her square center like it could have but clipped her hip pretty badly and spun her around and even knocked her to the ground. It was enough that it caused her to let out a startled cry.

But not enough to keep her down - not yet at least.

Hana reached behind her back as she got up and took one of her etched cubes in hand. Though small, it served a purpose in her arsenal that many did not anticipate. She threw it, and then rushed forward, vanishing from sight again. But this time it wasn't the same technique, but shunpo. Unlike Sonido, it was used to travel longer distances in a linear fashion, and greatly exceeded the speed of that cube.

While in motion she performed the hand for Kinbaku. It was quick, it was easy, and it was generally very effective. As she reached Shigure, she dove forward and planted her hands on the ground about a meter away, letting the seal expand to its full size in an instant. It'd try to pin his feet in place so long as he didn't destroy the seal, but not everyone knew how to get rid of it.

But that was only the beginning. She pushed down hard and thrust herself into the air, flipping up over his head to land on the opposite side. It was to distract him, if nothing else. Against someone else it'd work better, but the Hyuuga could see all around. Her technique wouldn't be as tricky.

She formed a couple more hand seals and the cube that flew towards Shigure expanded up to a cubic meter in size and gained an incredible three hundred pounds. It was enough to take someone right off their feet, but him? It was likely not enough, he'd probably see it before it could hit him, but could he get away? If her seal caught him it might be too late!

Unfortunately, Hana had burned through a lot of chakra and had very little left.

She was breathing heavily and her legs were shaking partly from the vacuum palm hit to her hips and because she had been pushing herself so hard. Hana was about done, but her eyes said she hadn't given up yet!

Techniques Used: 
Subakage-ryū: Shunpo [New Shadow Style: Flash Steps]
Kinbaku [Bind Tightly]
Ōkina Kakuchō [Great Expansion]

Senkin [Great Weight]

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS:

WORDS: 570 Words [5/8 Posts]

Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 21, 2022 15:44:31 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"ashes fall".

SEALING TECHNIQUES

Hana didn't seize to surprise him by narrowly dodging the Vacuum Palm, but the grazing of it was still quite painful, and it got a startled cry from the girl, who had been knocked to the ground. "Not many people can avoid that technique. Good job there, Hana." he commended her, giving her the courtesy of letting her get up before he they continued the sparring. He saw her hand reaching to a cube and then she threw it at him. Almost at the same time, he use the Vacuum Palm once again, this time aiming the chakra at the cube. With his Byakugan and knowledge of Fuinjutsu, it was easy for him to pinpoint the chakra in the cube and destroy it, sending the object flying away. Hana used her technique to move away. It was different than the one she used before, but similar in concept. One of the main perks of the Gentle Fist was its ability to destroy any chakra based substance. It was part of the reason why it was considered one of the best Taijutsu styles in the ninja world.

Hana, at this point, was near him, her hands reaching the ground almost at the same as when he leaped away from where she was, narrowly avoiding her fuinjutsu to keep him locked in place. Landing just a couple inches away from the range of her attack. "Your fuinjutsu is quite good. Almost as good as your Fire Release. I may have been caught by that if I wasn't knowledgeable on sealing techniques, so I will give you that!" he said with a firm nod as he watched her from the ten metres distance they had between one another now.

"However... Seems like you are running out of chakra. Are you sure you want to continue? This has been a good spar so far." he asked her. He didn't want to push her to the point where she would injure herself, but he also didn't want to decided on calling it a day without her consent; if anything, she earned his respect as a shinobi, and if she wanted to keep on pushing herself a little more, he would accept her determination.

Training
Uses Vacuum Palm to destroy seal and send the cube flying away. Leaps out of the range of her fuinjutsu, asks if she still wants to continue after noticing her fatigue and low chakra
[]
[400 words]
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 24, 2022 9:07:12 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

Hana believed what Shigure said. Not everyone was able to anticipate something in quite the same way a Murahira was. Sometimes, it made it easier to dodge - or at least be ready to. That vacuum palm technique moved fast and she was even a little surprised that she had managed to move out of the way. All of her intense movement practice lately had paid off!

Instead of replying, Hana pressed the attack. She needed to, or she'd get overwhelmed. Much to her surprise, Shigure sent her tiny cube flying off into the distance with rather extreme prejudice. Either he was overly cautious, didn't like small cubes, or had some idea of what she had up her sleeves. Either way, it baffled Hana for the briefest moment.

Hana's shunpo is quick. Most people cannot track something like it, much with shunshin, but Shigure was not most people. The byakugan was certainly an advantage, though Hana was pretty sure her ears would give her the same warning if their positions were reversed! But he was able to react quickly and avoid her. It shouldn't have surprised her, but it did. She wasn't quite used to such advanced opponents, after all...

Obviously, since the cube she threw had been blasted to who-knew-where she'd have to go find it later, but she didn't bother with the associated techniques. It helped conserve a bit of chakra, but it was mostly moot at that point. She was getting exhausted!

Hana took a deep breath as Shigure spoke. "You're a lot faster than me, too... so catching you with such a simple technique wouldn't be easy."

Hana wasn't quite ready to give up. Not yet at least.

She formed several more hand seals in a last-ditch effort to do something at all to Shigure. Two Hana's coalesced from the ash she had blown around the battlefield earlier and move to strike from behind. It wasn't much, but it was a distraction. Fortunately, the existing ash made using the technique way easier than it normally would be.

To follow up, she used her fancy new technique again, hoping that she'd have some success while he was distracted. However, she didn't break the primary hidama apart this time. She let it go forth as one larger fireball.

After that, Hana was well and truly emptied of chakra. She pushed herself to her feet and stood there on wobbly legs, doing her best to not fall over while she composed herself and began generating more chakra to replenish what she'd used.

Techniques Used:
Hai Bunshin no Jutsu [Ash Clone Technique]
Kitsunebi: Hidama [Fox Fire: Fire Spirit] (Training)

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS:

WORDS: 422 Words [6/8 Posts]

Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 25, 2022 15:37:18 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"ashes fall".

LIONS AND FIRE

He chuckled at her words. "Your speed is pretty impressive as well. I commend you for being so quick. I've been training really hard to get to this level." he admitted, thinking back on all the countless hours of effort, to the point he almost passed out more times than he could even remember. But as she still seemed eager to continue their bout, he would nod in acknowledgement to the Murahira and ready himself, sticking to the main stance of the Gentle Fist.

With the Byakugan, he noticed two Ash Clones forming and coming to strike from behind. Shigure remained idle until they were extremely close and ready to attack, and when they did, he leaped backwards in a somersault, hitting them both with the Gentle Fist as he did so, which was strong enough to destroy them, as they were chakra based constructs. As his feet touched the ground again, he was now ready to face the fireball coming his way, and with both his hands forward, chakra erupted from it, taking the shape of two big lion heads made of pure chakra.

"Juho Soushiken!" he exclaimed as the lions stretched forward, clashing - and obliterating - the fire ball thrown his way. With that taken care of, the sparring match was basically done. Hana was almost completely out of chakra. "That was my favourite technique. It is a technique capable of destroying chakra to an impressive degree." he explained, as he adjusted himself in a more relaxed stance.

"But your fire techniques... They are not only versatile, but quite powerful. The Murahira are truly impressive, I've gotta say, Hana-chan." he said, giving her a very large and friendly smile.

Training
Somersault back and hits both Ash Clones, then intercepts the fireball with Twin Lion Fist, destroying it in the process
[]
[300 words]

Technique used:

NAME: Jūho Sōshiken[ Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu,
DESCRIPTION:
The user changes the shape of chakra released from both hands into large guardian lion-shaped shrouds. Doing so greatly increases range and destructive power. The lion heads drain the chakra network of those they touch. It is an extremely difficult ability to learn, as the slightest mistake in chakra control will lead to failure, meaning it is a feat requiring the Byakugan. This technique can be used in conjunction with the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms.
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 26, 2022 9:59:27 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

Even a multi-front simultaneous assault was not enough to land a blow on Shigure... but Hana had figured that'd be the case. There wasn't anything left for her to do - even if she had any energy left to do it.

She let out a sigh.

Her legs wanted to give out and her body wanted to just collapse and rest, but she refused to let it. Someone as talented as Shigure had recognized and acknowledged her prowess, so falling down now wouldn't look good. 

"Your technique was impressive," Hana stated with a long sigh at the end. "Greater than mine, that is for sure. But I can't say that mine is fully ready for actual use at this point."

Hana moved back towards the table where she had left all of her extra equipment earlier and began to gather things up. Her training for the day was basically finished, even if it was earlier than normal.

"It's a nice technique, but a little basic at this point," Hana explained. "It can be used in a couple of different ways, but the actual offensive power is low compared to some, but it is necessary to learn so I can improve to the next level."

Hana eventually turned back to Shigure. "I may never catch up to you, but I intend to become the best shinobi in Kumogakure. So, I will eventually be as strong as you are now. At least, that is my hope."

"So, thank you for taking the time to work with me," Hana added a little bow at the end.

She did manage to stay standing, at least.

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS:

WORDS: 270 Words [7/8 Posts]

Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 26, 2022 14:42:23 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"ashes fall".

'TIL NEXT TIME

Indeed, Hana was still a young shinobi. She would continue to develop her skills and techniques through the years, and if she remained as dedicated as she was now, there was no questioning she would become quite the fearsome opponent, and he was feeling quite grateful to have had the opportunity to throw hands with a member of the Murahira clan. It had been a learning experience for him as well. As they called it a day for their training, she talked about the technique and he nodded. "Those techniques are still quite useful, and are building blocks we need to proceed even further." he agreed, then, the girl would turn to him and say that although she may never catch up to him, she still had the goal of becoming the best one in the Hidden Cloud. Shigure's smile widened at that bold statement. "Then I will be looking forward watching you grow, Hana-chan. And I will want to train with you again." he affirmed. "It was indeed a pleasure." he added.

Still, it was getting late, and he had plans to hang out at Azarea's place. "Well... I will have to get going now, but next time I'm in the Cloud, I will look for you. And... Of course you should visit the Leaf one of these days. I can show you around, and take you to a nice Training Ground!" he winked at her, knowing just how serious she was about training. Then, with a short bow, he would bid his farewell.

Training
Exit Post
[]
[256 words]
Ashes Fall [Training]Oct 26, 2022 14:59:55 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

"My instructors have always told me that if we forget the fundamentals, we have to relearn them every time we wish to improve ourselves," Hana replied.

It had been something that really stuck with her. Hana was all about making herself the best she could be so she could adequately serve the village and getting that in her head had caused her to double-down on mastering the basics.

"If you are here for a while, or come to Kumogakure again, you should be able to find me without any issue," Hana answered. "I would be more than happy to have you as a training partner. Maybe next time I will be able to put up a challenge, though..."

Hana waved to Shigure as he left. He had been inspiring in a way. They hadn't spoken much, but she had a good idea of what an advanced shinobi felt like. She had also learned a bit about how the Hyuuga fought which she might be able to incorporate into her own stuff.

Hana had never considered going to Konoha until then. However, her recent experience had opened her eyes to some things, and she could certainly see how such a trip might be beneficial.

Maybe she'd have to talk to Eri about it and see if they could take a trip to Konohagakure.

TITLE:
Ashes Fall

TAGS: 

WORDS: 222 Words [8/8 Posts - Complete]