An Unexpected Letter | Shigure

compose a reply
An Unexpected Letter | ShigureOct 23, 2022 21:40:36 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
Shodaime was in her apartment where she began to contemplate her escape from Konoha and the loss of her left arm. She had left so many people behind in the village, from the people of the hospital to looked up to her, to Shigure, the one person she could trust in the main branch of the clan. Her departure had stirred the hive in Konoha and she knew she only tightened the restrictions of the shinobi and the side-branch members there. She felt guilty for that, but didn't regret leaving because she was free. To ease her conscious of the people she left, she would write a letter to Shigure.

A letter addressed to Shigure would arrive in Konoha. There was no return address besides Amegakure written in the top left corner of the Envelope. Anyone who checked it for booby traps or seals would find nothing and note that it was safe to open, as it was just a simple letter.

To Hyūga Shigure

Dear Shigure,

I hope this letter finds it's way to you. I know I'm probably the last person you would want to hear from after all that has happened since my departure from Konoha. I'm sure things haven't been easy for the side-branch members since my defection. I ran because I was afraid, afraid of what the main branch would do to me and what the Hokage and the rest of Konoha would do to me. I knew they wouldn't approve of my relationship and I knew they would want me gone for it. I'm sorry for running and I wish there was a better way for this whole situation to be solved. I don't expect you to forgive me for what I've done, but I do hope one day that the Hyūga clan could one day become one and not have the separation that continues today and that we could have each member be equals. I can understand if you don't write back to me, but I figured I should send a letter to say that I'm alright, albeit a little battered and bruised.

Sincerely,

Hyūga Shodaime
Shodaime has written 355 posts
An Unexpected Letter | ShigureOct 23, 2022 22:40:21 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
While Shodaime had garnered more privileges during the time she had been here in Amegakure there were still things that she was not allowed to do. One of those things was reaching out to unknown parts of the outside world. However, there were a few exceptions and those exceptions were expressed to those that were responsible for watching her. As the Hyuuga sent the letter out it would almost be immediately received by JITE personel.

A thorough look would be given to the seal as they might attempt to reseal the letter in a similar enveloped depending on what was read. Once the letter was remove it would be given a read to reveal that she was reaching out to someone who appeared to have high status amongst them. A name that was provided to him not long after she was brought here. Seeing as there was no signs of deception or address the letter would be allowed to leave the village in the hopes that it would soften the relationship Sanosuke wished to build among his people on the other side.

*JITE keeping watch of Shodaime's actions in thread, intercepts letter then reads, and then ultimately sends it back out resealed*

| AP has written 801 posts
An Unexpected Letter | ShigureOct 23, 2022 22:50:26 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
After the ANBU had assessed the letter, it would have been delivered to Shigure, and after his own letter had been read by village officials, he would be allowed to send it. However, the letter received would come from the Land of Fire, but not from the Hidden Leaf Village, it lacked any identification, but the name of who it was addressed to. But the handwriting would be one Shodaime would have recognized, and his signature.

[googlefont=Edu VIC WA NT Beginner]

To Hyūga Shodaime

I can't talk to you through letters, we are both shinobi, we know privacy is not something we can enjoy. I do wish to talk to you, however. If you are able to, meet me in Kuwana, for the Chuunin Exams. As a neutral place, I assume it will be a reasonable enough spot for us to talk without risks involved to either side.

Sincerely,
Hyūga Shigure"
Ren has written 1,690 posts
An Unexpected Letter | ShigureOct 23, 2022 23:18:24 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
JITE remained on watch as instructed and per usual whenever a letter appeared to have come from unusual sources they were to be sent out to the special ops team for observation. The letter appeared to be from the land of Fire, but only the inside contents would prove that. Once opened the letter addressed Shodaime directly. Likely coming from this Shigure person she'd reached out to, or it could be a well craft trap.

The only person that would be able to truly confirm that was Shodaime. Another written copy of that letter would be sent back to Lord 6th as a means of keeping track of her whereabouts before the original was resealed and sent to Shodaime. As a Jounin it was likely that she would pick up on their actions. Maybe not from a looks standpoint, but the fact that she would have gotten the letter in the first place would be proof of their intervention. Her reaction-which would be guarded closely would reflect whether or not it was indeed this Shigure reaching back to her. If so Lord 6th could make plans to finally make direct contact with the clan.

*JITE continue to observe Shodaime's actions in thread, intercepts letter then reads, writes another copy to lord 6th, and then ultimately sends the original back out to Shodaime resealed*

| AP has written 801 posts
An Unexpected Letter | ShigureOct 23, 2022 23:41:27 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
Shodaime would receive the letter back from Shigure. It was odd though, the letter looked as though it was resealed. It seems that someone was going through and reading her mail. The next time she met with Sanosuke she would bring this up to him. She was hoping she would have a little bit more freedom, but going through her mail was crossing the line for her privacy. Reading the letter though, she would find that Shigure wanted to meet up and talk at the Chunin exams. She needed permission from Sanosuke in order to go anywhere outside the village and she had no idea if he would approve of it, though she knew that he was interested in the Hyuga and this would be the perfect opportunity for him to learn more. Maybe it was time for her to meet with Sanosuke again for a chat.
Shodaime has written 355 posts