where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]

compose a reply
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Oct 26, 2022 15:53:06 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"where's my money, man?".
"All I wish is to bring peace to this rotten world. [...] I do understand that we need to take any means necessary to built this world. That we need to get our hands dirty to clean the mess, like the root that sustain the tree from the dirty and rough underground."
MissingNo

Unexpected Visitor.

Wahei had just finished another one of his training sessions doing a combination of the cliff climbing with the concentration leaf practice. This had now become a habit into the chunin's routine. It was actually more like an warm up for his working progress special ability called the Yuken.

The moment he reached the top, though, and was about to make a kage bunshin to aid his solo training, he felt the presence of someone approaching from the shadow. As it was dark and starting a soft rain, the chunin narrowed his eyes until he finally recognized the silhouette of the person who was now approaching him. - Now, what you're doing here, Naomi- We don't see each other since our last great adventure together, and this is my welcome greet? You've changed, boy. - You're not supposed to be here. If anyone spots you... - Wouldn't you protect me, my valuable and brave white knight? - she teased him, pulling of a black scroll. - Seriously though, the family needs your services again. - Have they set a date for the meeting? It's been a while since the incident in Port City. - Not really. One of the headmasters are having trouble collecting their rental fees from some stubborn clients. A little business disturbance but those guys are superstitious. They won't leave their thrones until the mess are duly clean. And guess who are they favorite janitor? - Wahei facepalmed but started to walk towards Naomi. - Just give me the mission log, please.

Extortion is their name, getting paid is their game. A solo Chunin or group of genin have been tasked by the "Family" to go and collect extortion money from various shops in the market district. The shops are paying one of the 4 criminal cabals within Hi no Kuni to stay in business. The objective of this mission successfully sneak around throughout the village, as they head to the 3 stores. Once at one of the three shops, retrieve the payment using scare tactics but not overly physical methods. We don't want to alert anyone who'd happen to be patrolling or a random passerby. Chunin or a group of genin could intervene in these unwholesome activities however higher ranks wouldn’t normally be encountered in this mission; with usually the payee trying to fight back...

"I'm nothing but a memory. I have no name. I have no present or future. All that I am now, is a missing number."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
- The boy with no name. -
[FYI only: ]
[257 Words]

SUBMISSION THREAD.
last edit by Wahei on Oct 30, 2022 19:37:34 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 491 posts
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Oct 26, 2022 16:27:34 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"All I wish is to bring peace to this rotten world. [...] I do understand that we need to take any means necessary to built this world. That we need to get our hands dirty to clean the mess, like the root that sustain the tree from the dirty and rough underground."
MissingNo

Mission Log.

Naomi handed the scroll and fill Wahei with further INTEL about the targets. Wahei frowned his eyebrows when she explained the details of the mission and this was pretty much an easy task for the mission to be classified as B-Rank. - Alright. And what's the deal here? - he'd ask right after she explain that he'd have to travel among few cities to get to the targets - What do you mean?  - This is an B rank mission. But the task you've explained this far is not much different from the minor ones I've been working on. - Well, the reason for that is pretty simple, actually. They wanted you but since you're now some blackops dog, they had to higher the price and that's the only way they found to do so. - This is not how things work, you know. - Quite the contrary, my dear. This is exactly how it works. You can ask your boss... he already gave us the green light - What? And no one noticed me? - Why do you think they send me here for? Oh, you're still so green that hurts. Lucky for you that you're cute and I'm here to cover your mess. - she said, winking and making a grimace with her tongue. - Furthermore, you're still in probation so you have to prove that you worth your new paycheck. - Well... - the chunin sighted, wondering which surprises would arise from this mission - Anything else I need to know? - Yes. Remember the Zoans? They not working to the family anymore. And they are quite the ones protecting our targets. - So, there are other ninjas involved on the other side of the table and that's justify the classification they made. You were just teasing me this whole time, weren't you? - And you've just made my day. Good luck, pumpkin!

"I'm nothing but a memory. I have no name. I have no present or future. All that I am now, is a missing number."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[318 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Nov 6, 2022 14:43:36 GMT -5
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Oct 26, 2022 17:17:23 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
MissingNo

The first shop.

One of the Shops were located in the outskirts of the Hidden Leaf Village, close to the southern gate. Wahei have been there before, with Shigure, in their mission to dismantle a counterfeit scheme. That was his first assignment where he started to deep dive into the plots of criminal organizations. That time, though, he still played by the book. Getting there, he watched how the community had grown.

He was using his black cape and dark mask, albeit his sword was in the Ne hideout. - "This place seem calm and peaceful" - the shop was a place were drinks and tobacconist stuff were sold, but the place also held some gambling game tables as some sort of bar. The people entering there wasn't exactly the most kind ones, but the place didn't seem to represent danger to the local community.

Scanning the area, but mainly the place with his byakugan, Wahei dig out the overall information he needed. He would wait until noon, when the place would close to only open again close to sun set. The merchant in charge was organizing the last things, when a noise in the basement called his attention. He went downstairs to be sure no cat had entered his business place. Getting there, he would be surprised by Wahei. - Are you... Otaka-san?

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[224 Words]

Just to formalize that it has been brought to my attention today (OCT/30/2022) that a chunin cannot go solo for a B-RANK mission, even though it was approved by STAFF (AUG/11/2020) in the SUBMISSION THREAD, as per the following decription quoted:
"Extortion is their name, getting paid is their game. A solo Chunin or group of genin have been tasked by the "Family" to go[...]"
I've not found this specific rule in the Mission Guidelines topic but better safe than sorry, so I've asked to NPC mod this one for me and I'll reset the post counting JIC.

LATER EDIT: the said rule is set here in Promotion System. In discord Ask a STAFF it was authorized the NPC so we can proceed.
last edit by Wahei on Nov 2, 2022 23:09:24 GMT -5
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Nov 6, 2022 6:54:17 GMT -5
Keen
Fall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight.
Keen Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Otaka-san
Where's-my-money-man

Otaka-san looked as though he had lived a rough life. One of the mans eyes was white and unfocused with a scar across it and his nose looked as though it had been broken numerous times. His hands were large and calloused and his one good eye a sharp dark grey like a whet stone, but time and age had suffered his thuggish looks into something rougher and warmer as laugh lines had begun to creep in at the edges of his eyes and forehead. The day had been a good one for business. He'd had a few higher paying merchant clients looking for something fancy to impress who didn't know their ass from a tea kettle when it came to tobacco so he sold them a pipe worth their coin and cheap smoke that certainly wasn't, but helped to line his pocket. Humming low and tuneless under his breath he heart the soft noise downstairs.

"Stupid shopcat. Always getting into things." He grumbled his voice fond. He really didn't dislike the mangy little tabby he'd adopted to keep rats out of his stock, but they did have a habit of sleeping atop boxes and sometime knocking them over in the process. As grabbing a few crates he needed to take downstairs anyway he headed down the steps.

"Shishi you'd better not be getting into those empty bo~" He calls out to the feline only to stop short in his tracks expression immediately hardened at the sight of the masked and cloaked individual in his basement storeroom. "And what if I am Shinobi-san? You're certainly not the stray I came down here looking for." Otaka-san rumbled out in a low drawl fingers tightening on the crates in his arms.

Jutsu
Made By Keen of NFB
has written 56 posts
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Nov 6, 2022 14:59:52 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
MissingNo

The first owner.

Otaka-san was a living stamp of the meaning of a rough life. Of course Wahei have reviewed his background and the reports sent to him in the mission file. But it was curious how instinctively the boy picture the people he was suppose to find and they was quite different that he assumed. Sometimes even the pictures couldn't reflect the real person face to face. But there was no doubt it was him. - "Meaning that this MF is uly as f-" - "Irrelevant. Focus on the task" - "I'd say front-train collision. What's the big deal?" - "I'd love to eat a train of food".

Wahei was focused on reading the man with his byakugan hid under his mask. Of course he wouldn't wear his habitual shinobi gear since he was working for criminal forces at the moment, but the hood and the mask was very worthy in those endeavors. - Family send me. This is not the first time you Sir late the due rental payment. So the boss himself asked to come here and collect. Extra 10% fee this time. - he said, monitoring his body reactions since the very beginning. His feelings would tell a lot - And as far as I can see, lack of money has not been the real problem since business is going great. - he sit in a box and folded his arms, aware for any sudden movement or threat sign. All he needed to do is collect the money so if everything went OK, he'd just take the money and leave ASAP.

It was, though, quite unusual to have a ninja there to do some collection. And as the old dog he was, Okata-san would probably know that. But it was on him how things would be handled.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[301 Words]
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Nov 10, 2022 7:32:32 GMT -5
Keen
Keen Avatar
groupnull
Okata-san
Where's-My-Money-Man

The old thug pulls his lips back into a furious sneer as he tenses anger written into every fiber of his stance, "Ten percent? That's fucking daylight robbery! It's not my fault the two-bit shitty lackey's he sends to collect the money can't keep it and end up late or robbed bringing his rent back." The man growls out as he turns to head back up the stairs grumbling the entire way.

"I sure as hell ain't footing the bill for the bastards incompetent shit heads. He'll get his usual payment. You want the ten percent extra then take it out of the fuckin thieves down the road that been jumping his boys. I ain't gonna tolerate them saying I'm skipping payments and the reason they're late when they can't hold onto the money to save their damn lives." Okata spat as he opened up the box and counted out the usual payment before putting it in a bag to hand to the ninja. He didn't want no trouble, but he wasn't so much of a push over to pay for others mistakes.

Jutsu
Made By Keen of NFB
has written 56 posts
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Nov 14, 2022 16:13:25 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
MissingNo

How business works.

Of course Okata was pissed. No one's likes to pay fees. And everyone hates to pay extra fees, specially when they haven't did anything wrong to deserve it. Well, Wahei couldn't care less. He was no small business runner trying to make his life. He was in his own terms exploiting people's weakness and as far as the chunin could tell, that was none of his business until the very moment that got into the arrangement of that very specific meeting. - Sorry. This is my bad. I think I give you the impression I'm here to negotiate. Let me get this straight though. - the boy who was until now walking and listening carefully, getting the chance to now better the man from within, was now using his killing instinct to seriously intimidate Okata-san. - Family has sent me to collect the payment. With a 10% extra for your delay. - a senbon flew from his vest and pierced the man's hand on the wall.

Even though it would hurt as hell, only a single drop of blood would come out from the pierce wound. Wahei went for a specific target spot that would trigger the man needle to survive, raising his fear levels making himself even more intimidating by the eyes of his prey. That was some interesting trick he had learn from some acupuncture book. It would take a while, but the man would manage to take of his hands and the boy would approach it, grabbing it and subduing him again, but aware just in case the man try anything.

- Oh, and I can see you are telling the truth about this troublemakers. - he said in a condescending tone, while the wound in his hand would start healing by his proper mystic hand jutsu and getting his senbon back from the pierced wall -  Don't worry. I'll find them for the sake of your community, and make them an example of what happens with those who get in our way. Consider this a show of good faith and a courtesy from the family. - he chuckled and stepped away from the store - After all, this is how business works. Right? - and so the boy left, vanishing in the shadow, looking for that robbers the man has just mentioned. And the best way to lure predators, is to become a potential prey. Sometimes the "good and bad cop" thing is a role for one.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[414 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Nov 14, 2022 16:15:03 GMT -5
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Nov 18, 2022 10:51:24 GMT -5
Keen
Keen Avatar
groupnull
Otaka-San
Where's-My-Money-Man

As the senbon pierced his hand pinning it to the wall Otaka-san howled in pain stumbling back to follow the motion of his hand nearly stumbling over a box as the cat he'd been previously looking for shot between his feet with a matching yowl of terror. The former thug reaching to try and pull the senbon from his hand, but he was too slow as Missingno yanked it out and pinned him letting the old store owner know exactly how things would be going from then on out. "Fine! Fine! You fucking animal! Get off me!" The man roared practically foaming at the mouth as when he was let up her lurched towards the till pulling out the last of it as he shoved it into a bag and more or less threw it at Wahei's face.

"You've got your money no get out of my fuckin store!" Otaka yelled turning his head to spit as he snarled a the little masked shinobi pride wounded and resentful. Thankfully Missingno would likely not have to deal with the man again as money claimed he vacated the building out into the quiet late night streets. The sun long having set and the only light a few low flickering street poles and a couple of red lanterns marking business that offered more... pleasant company for the evening. In the distance the faint sound of laughter could be heard raucous and hyena like

Jutsu
Made By Keen of NFB
has written 56 posts
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Nov 20, 2022 14:02:01 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
MissingNo

Killing in the name of.

All and all, he collect the due amount and what he needed to do there was duly done. Though, Wahei has not built his currenty reputation and trust earning with the family by simply doing what was scripted in the mission log. Grinding in the underground required the guts to do harsh things, which was expected. What was not expected was playing the right dices every now and then.

The Family was beyond any ordinary criminal organization. They were like an ideology. It has principles that guided the leaders to their current position of influence. And the best way to pave an upward way towards top was, actually, a thin combinated line in-between fear and respect. Once and only beared with this right mindset one might have the chance to hoist the flag among that 1% who made dreams and/or ambitions come true.

"Speaking of ambition... Look at your 3'... Hear the fuzzy crying of starving hyenas who had just flavored their filphy hungry-taste for blood" - with the byakugan travelling fast towards where the sound was coming from, Wahei wondered if the troublemakers he was looking for finally decided to show up.

The family was paid for securing the area. If rats or hyenas started to run free and causing trouble in their area, they would be sending a message as wrong as letting clients run free when they fail on paying for the hired services. So Wahei knew that he'd have to jump into that sooner or later, so why not make those bastards an example once for all? - "Looking at the bright side... consider this a... 'killing in the name of' side quest. As long we got due paid, everything is going to be worth it".

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[295 Words]
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Dec 31, 2022 19:43:56 GMT -5
Keen
Keen Avatar
groupnull
Thugs & Captive
Where's-My-Money-Man

As Missingno activated his Byakugan the situation became clear. A group of five thugs ranging in age from boys around eighteen to two men in their early twenties had cornered a girl no older then sixteen against a building wall. The girl, clearly a serving girl was pinned there as one man held her by the throat his other hand muffling her screams for help. While another thug dug through her yukata and pockets likely looking for her nightly pay and taking some liberties to get handsy while he was at it. While his friends circled around jeering and laughing at the poor girl's misfortune.

"Come on Techi don't leave us hanging~" One boy quipped with a lewd grin, "Does the girl actually got tits or that all just stuffing in that yukata?" He questioned of the man currently 'liberating' the girl of her purse. The older of the two, Techi, glancing over his shoulder with a cruel smirk. "It's real despite her bein a slip of a thing. Maybe we should 'invite' her back to spend the evenin with us?" The man suggests as the girl kicks out and struggles against her captors all the harder with an angry muffled scream.

"Dont think she likes the idea of that much do ya doll?" 'Techi' jokes as he taunts the girl.

Jutsu
Made By Keen of NFB
has written 56 posts
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Jan 5, 2023 14:35:28 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
MissingNo

Drop the ball.

After locating the target, Wahei not only assessed the situation but the ones involved. His clinical eye were trained to read people, their emotion and that itself could tell a lot. - "Those jerks!" - a shouting voice stunned his brain - "Rip their balls of!" - Whilst Wahei was trying to put the pieces together and recover from the boost of anger and screaming inside his head, Lust was drowning in rage, something none of them have ever seen before.

Well, the situation itself was quite pathetic. What those men were suggesting was one of the worst crimes one could commit. It was beyond violation. Feeling the discussing and apathy grows, Wahei took a longer breathe and waited for the proper moment to start his movement against them.

He was outnumbered, so he would have to be sure that they were just the usual lame smugglers he was used to meet. Plus, he needed to be sure that the girl was actually a victim there, and what exactly they were taking from her. - "What the hell are you waiting for, brat, get you ass there and help her?". 

Wahei's eyes rolled, in part for the numb of her cracking tone, but also because he was getting upset. They were still in a mission after all, and they couldn't allow their emotions to get in the way of whatever. Furthermore, they were no heroes. The were just playing part of a whole scheme for some bigger goals to be achieved.

So he would wait for the proper time, moving from ceiling to ceiling until he find an opening to strike. After some preparation, specially with a few water and another shadow clone.

The first would use the substitution jutsu but on the contrary, to replace the lady in the man's arms and striking him abruptly in the balls, ripping it off as requested by lust, then hitting his chin with a strong knee to pass him out.

The other ones would be taken from behind, having the other water clones to also rip their balls off with their bare sharp-bladed hands. The shadow clone, though, would remain with the replaced lady - Are you alright, Ma'am? - the shadow clone asked, whilst original Wahei would be hiding and watching the whole scene in the alley from the ceiling.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[392 Words]
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Jan 9, 2023 16:02:30 GMT -5
Keen
Keen Avatar
groupnull
Thugs/Victim
Where's-My-Money-Man

The clones felled four of the five men with relative ease. The thugs going down with horrific bloody screams that leaves the girl flinching in the clones arms. Her face wet with tears as she buries her head against Wahei's chest fearful and trembling a bit at the sounds. Not wanting to see what befell the men even if they deserved it. The last, and older of the group however managed to spin out of the way of one of the water clones strikes with a quick and desperate application Kuikkurōtēshon. The man apparently having some training as he lashed out at the clone with his leg with a harsh round house kick of theTatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku technique.

Growing a little bolder the girl glanced up peering nervously at Wahei's masked face when he failed to push her away or further harm her. "I... thank you." She murmurs biting down nervously on her lower lip fingers curling into his front like he was her lifeline in a stormy sea.

NAME: Kuikkurōtēshon [Quick Rotation]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0

DESCRIPTION:
Utilizing chakra in the feet, ankles and legs specifically. It is a small amount of energy, but used precisely on reflexes and timing. This technique is gauged this way. When timed, the user can twist themselves abruptly out of the way of an attack. Like a speedy side-step, but a rotation of one's body to the side. A spin-move. This is only attacks in an immediate vicinity(three meters) anything else is too big an attack. Usually Taijutsu, but sometimes this technique is effective against close-range ninjutsu.

NAME: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku [Tornado Whirlwind Leg]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0

DESCRIPTION:
With a step forward the user delivers a roundhouse kick to their foes, however because they use a much greater momentum to the launch of the kick they can follow up with one or two more kicks by spinning their body as quickly as possible while moving forward in the air. Essentially they can deliver up to two blows with their kicks on a single foe if they can keep themselves in the air for that long.
Made By Keen of NFB
has written 56 posts
where's my money, man? [B-rank + NPC]Jan 9, 2023 16:21:23 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
MissingNo

A wild ninja appear.

Albeit most of the thugs has been taken off by Wahei's water clones, one of them had proved himself more worthy and taijutsu skilled. - "Huh? This one got reflex and speed" - as his clone poofed out into water again, the other ones surrounded the target in a way that the remaining pool would be close to his feet.

- Get him. - said the shadow clone, holding the terrified but apparently relived girl into his arms. At that precise moment the chakra blade formed into the clones hands and they started to go for their target's flank fiercely, but also with the precaution to not fall into his same trick again. If he was good enough to escape from them, original Wahei would be at the ceiling gathering enough INTEL and to cast a surprise attack from behind.

And so, from the very pool, another water clone would raise from the ground, grabbing at the man's ankles and ripping his nerves and muscles, breaking his balance so the rest of the clones could knock him off. If all went well, the Shadow clone would be able to take the youngster away and get information from her, whilst original Wahei would prepare to interrogate the captured enemy. - "It seems I'm not the only shinobi around. Which makes things slightly more serious than I thought" - "It seems the family is not the only one hiring ninjas for the dirty work anymore" - "That's actually pretty common if you come to think. But yeah I do noticed the irony." - "Good and ol' glory times, mate. Good and ol' times.".

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Priceless Money ! ! !
[Solo Mission]
[275 Words]