late autumn rain [Mika]

compose a reply
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 3, 2022 16:46:30 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"late autumn rain".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

JUST THE TWO OF US
It was early in the morning the day the Chuunin Exams had officially started. All the participants had already departed from Kuwana to face their first challenge. He was a bit concerned about his students, the fellow Leaf shinobi, and of course his fiancée. Chuunin Exams could be brutal, and although the first round usually didn't involve immediate risk of death situations, the rules were entirely up to the people organizing it, and he wasn't sure how rough the shinobis from the Hidden Rock Village were; back in the Land of Water, they were all poisoned and were manipulated into thinking one of them would have to die. Just thinking back about that experience gave him shivers, but he quickly shrugged them off. It was done now, and he had surpassed that challenge.

To keep his mind off the exam - thinking about it would do him no good and just trigger his anxiety - he decided to go to the training grounds to do his morning drills and try to empty his mind. The weather was particularly cold today, and even though he generally liked the colder climate, he was still getting used to the general difference in the weather in the Land of Earth, which was much colder and windy than his home country.

As he approached the training grounds, he activated his Byakugan to check how busy it was. To his surprise, nobody was there. Well... Almost nobody. In one of them there was a single woman training. Shigure's eyes narrowed as he watched her figure from afar. He didn't really recognize her, but if she was there, it meant that - much like himself - she was accompanying the members of her village, whichever that was. Decided to try and maybe get a different sort of training, he would make his way towards that particular training ground, and once he was there, Shigure would make himself known by greeting the woman. "Hi. Am I intruding?" his tone was cautious, but still rather friendly.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Approaching Mika in one of the training grounds
[ ]
[344 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Nov 3, 2022 16:47:40 GMT -5
Ren has written 1,690 posts
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 4, 2022 22:50:35 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday March 3rd rank Chuunin occupation

you're gone, gone, gone away
I watched you disappear
all that's left is a ghost of you

Masami wasn't one who easily slept at night. No matter the name or face that she used, and no matter how drastically she altered her mannerisms, voice, or behavior, there were some tells that she could never properly disguise. She never went without her two katana, for example. One of them may have been sealed into the palm of her hand, the marks seared there indicating of its presence masked by the bandages she wore, but even the simple, plain katana that she kept at her hip was recognizable enough if one paid enough attention. Typical, with black wraps and nothing particularly noteworthy about it--a regular katana that anybody could get their hands on for a decent price; distinguishable only by the lucky charm that had been tied to it--a small blue pouch with a red octopus attached to it, designs and patterns of waves woven into the fabric. It wasn't glaringly obvious--but it had been there, consistently, since she was a genin.
    Mikazuki had the lucky charm attached to her katana. Squeakers did. And so, too, did Masami.
    There were other obvious signs, but only to those who knew any of the jinchūriki's faces well enough to have known. Her nocturnal and insomniac habits were hardly glaringly obvious when under her disguises. She could hide her tiredness behind makeup or a white mask, but whenever someone saw her in her true state it was painstakingly obvious how exhausted she always was. Those traits always linked up to one-another, as well.
    Though, Masami wasn't particularly worried of being found out. While it was something that did cause her some level of grief--which was exactly why she went to such extensive efforts to change her face every so often to hide her true identity--she knew there were some things that she hadn't quite figured out how to mask, yet. Some things that wouldn't--or couldn't--change, some ways she would always be able to be identified if anybody really tried looking hard enough.
    But most people weren't looking. Most people didn't know what to look for, let alone that they should have been. She didn't make it obvious that she was a jinchūriki. She didn't make it obvious that she was the Masked Monster of Amegakure. And if she didn't raise suspicion, most wouldn't pay enough attention to even notice the slight discrepancies. And she knew she could never be perfectly safe--but if she was relatively hidden, that was what she sought.
    The young woman sheathed her weapon from where she'd been lightly training in one of the yards. During the night, it was quieter. Most of the genin were gone, now, as the exams had officially started. And that left the rest of them as civilians or higher-ranked shinobi. And while it was always good to train, getting proper rest was part of a healthy balance. There were plenty of opportunities to train during the sunlit hours, and fewer who pushed themselves to the extremities of the evening hours. That zeal was often left for the young and immature, who were desperately yearning for something out of their grasp. Naivete. Stubbornness. Impatience, too.
    Mika had been like that, years ago. A part of her was still like that.
    The young woman turned her head when the soft voice of the stranger graced her attention, and she stood fixed in place.
    "Yes, you are." A simple reply; a simple truth. Her voice was cold as the grave, her gaze ever-sharp. But, even despite the seriousness in her tone, her eyes didn't narrow in hostility or resentment.
    Masami was not one to wear the mark of her village under regular circumstances. Not as a genin, not as a chūnin, and if she ever became the Ame Lord--she doubted she'd wear one, then, either. So when the Konoha shinobi approached her, if he wore his sigil it would become readily apparent that he hailed from an enemy nation to her--but he'd be none the wiser in her case.
    Still, oddly enough, Masami held little resentment for the shinobi of enemy nations.
    That didn't make this situation safe, however.
    The Chūnin Exams were a self-proclaimed cease-fire where everyone in villages across all the world could come together with good spirit and compete to progress their genin to the next level. But that did not mean they would always stay that way. It only took one moment for somebody to try breaking the glass for the illusion of peace to shatter properly. One moment of naive trust and vulnerability to be turned astray.
    And while Masami was not the anxious young girl she used to be, she was not stupid. She didn't worry that she might become a victim, but the possibility never strayed from her mind.
    "What are you doing, approaching a stranger in the comforts of the shadows of dawn, in the silence of isolation, shinobi? Do you think it wise?"

820 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
last edit by Mikazuki Aikawa on Nov 4, 2022 22:53:32 GMT -5
Mika has written 1,142 posts
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 4, 2022 23:06:49 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"late autumn rain".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

HARSH EXCHANGE

His eyes widened when he heard her reply. Her tone wasn't particularly aggravated, she didn't look annoyed or hostile, but still, she was pretty clear in stating that his presence there was not necessarily welcomed. It was a bit embarrassing, if he was completely honest, and even if he was trying to keep a cool expression, the redness in his cheeks betrayed that attempt. "Oh..."

There was no indication of to which village this person belonged, no traces of a forehead protector, or anything of the sort. She carried swords, yes, but that was hardly any evidence of affiliation. Meanwhile, Shigure adorned the Hidden Leaf's forehead protector and the traditional olive flak jacket. Moreover, depending on how much the woman knew about clan's heraldic, she may notice the Hyuuga clan symbol on his left, beige sleeve. Everything about his allegiance was in plain sight, no room for doubt.

When he spoke to him again, questioning how wise it was to approach a strange shinobi, he folded his arms in front of his chest, narrowing his eyes. "We are all here in a cease-fire. Only an idiot would start a conflict of international proportions. Now... If we ignore that, yes, you are right... It is not very wise. Curiosity got the best of me." he admitted, and yet he made no attempts to leave the place. He didn't stand there in defiance, but he wanted to at least now who was this kunoichi. That she was likely accompanying some people that was almost a given, as most of them were. But there was always the possibility that she was from the Hidden Rock and was just a part of their own defence forces.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Conversation
[]
[282 words]
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 4, 2022 23:29:01 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

I watched you disappear

His disheartened "Oh" made Masami want to grin--but she supposed there was no other way for him to have responded given her coldness. So, despite the temptation, the jinchūriki kept a cool expression and didn't give away--just yet--that she wasn't actually hostile. He stood his ground as he offered a retort, but he wasn't aggressive or demanding in his tone or posture.
    She moved slowly but casually, placing her bandaged hands on her hips as she tilted her head downward slightly as she studied him a bit more. He seemed pleasant enough, and hadn't been completely thrown off despite Masami's... way. Her expression was curious, as was she, and she made little effort to mask it as she gauged his actions and words. He was from Konoha, that much was obvious to her. And while the jinchūriki did not recognize the clan insignia he so proudly sported...
    She recognized those eyes.
    "Yes, it would be foolish to cause a needless skirmish considering the time and place. But, still... a strange man approaches me while I'm alone, all the way out here, in the dark of the early morning...? A young woman might grow anxious at such circumstances." While it was true that she was as much of a potential threat as he was, it was easy to flip the narrative to make herself seem less imposing or dangerous. She sounded sincere enough as she'd spoken, and the claim was logical. Even if they were shinobi, Masami was well aware of how women--kunoichi or otherwise--sometimes had... additional concerns to be weary of. Fear was a natural, human emotion. There shouldn't be shame in experiencing such, even at their status.
    "What were you so curious about?" Whatever it was, he was no longer the only one.

296 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 0:01:43 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"late autumn rain".

PEACE OFFERING

On the bright side, the woman didn't seem really aggravated by his presence there, and since he was also working towards keeping things the least hostile as possible, it seemed like they would be able to at least talk this out. The woman agreed with his statement, but she still highlighted that she thought it was strange for him to approach her while alone, and that part sort of confused him, and he made that clear on his expression, as he tilted his head to the side. He wasn't entirely sure what they meant by that statement.

"I don't follow. I usually train alone, and some times people approach. Curious, or interested in getting a training partner of sorts. Well... There are many reasons, really, and not all of them need to be negative." his tone sounded sincere at the very least, and when she asked what he was curious about, he nodded to her, ready to give her his answer. "Well... All the Genin are gone, taking part on the first round of the exams. Everyone left behind is here accompanying them to a degree... Which means they are likely strong. You are small, but something about you, your body language... You look like you are strong, and I got curious. We don't get many chances of interacting with other villages in a peaceful way other than the exams, so..." he said, cracking a somewhat friendly smile. "I thought it was worth coming by to say hi. I apologize if I bothered you, though. And while I don't have much on me to offer as an apology..." he paused, reaching out to his pocket.

Despite the action being potentially suspicious, nothing in his body language indicated aggression, and after a short moment, he grabbed an Onigiri wrapped in some thin paper. "I have this Onigiri I made." he said with a soft chuckle.

Training
Offering an Onigiri
[]
[316 words]
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 0:25:04 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

I watched you disappear

The man seemed blissfully unaware of how being approached at such a late--or early, depending on how you looked at it--hour while alone could cause a woman some sense of anxiousness. He was right, though, and in truth Masami shared his mindset. She wasn't anxious or nervous by it--it hadn't been the first time that somebody had approached her while she'd been training, and neither was she foreign to walking up on strangers who were practicing their art in the late or early hours of the day. So, she'd move on and cease her teasing.
    She had, of course, only been meaning to play with him a little.
    So, when he made his peace offering, the woman cracked a smile and waved him off with one hand. "Keep your treats and your apology, I'm only giving you a hard time." She lowered her hand to cross her arms, smiling lightly as she cocked her head to one side. "I'm not bothered, and I hold much of the same sentiments as you. I appreciate much about the Chūnin Exams, and a large part of that is for these opportunities that it allows. Even for those who are not participating in the trials... My name is Masami. What's yours?"
    She was hesitant with the information that she supplied. Even now, in her disguised state, she wanted to be cautious. While it seemed apparent that this man had no ill intent--and she wasn't particularly scared of being harmed or killed by him--information was information, and she was acutely aware of the web of lies she was crafting.
    Every string was connected.
    And she had to be cautious of who knew what, and aware that information could spread.
    The more pieces she supplied, the more of the puzzle that could potentially be placed together.
    While it was just paranoia, and the likelihood was slim... it wasn't impossible. And it was that which she tried to prepare for.

324 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 0:48:50 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"late autumn rain".

INTRODUCTIONS

Despite the fact that his peace offering had been refused, the tension vanished from the environment as the woman cracker her smile, saying she was giving him a hard time. He chuckled softly and nodded at that, placing the Onigiri back on his pouch. He was almost relieved when she said that she held much of the same sentiments as him, and said she was an appreciated much about the exams, and the opportunities it surely provided. This was the fifth exam Shigure had taken part in: three of them as participant, and another two as an observer.

She also introduced herself as simply Masami, no last name, an indication that she probably didn't belong to any clan. As for him? He had no reason to really hide it; his eyes were a testament of his lineage. "It's nice to meet you, Masami-san. My name is Shigure, head of the Hyuuga clan." yes, the new title still didn't feel right. It was fairly recent, and he was yet to actually start his reforms, but he was trying to get used to that and more confident about his own position, and one way to do that was to adopt his new moniker until it sounded natural.

"And I think it's fairly obvious from which village I come from." he said, as he touched his forehead protector with his thumb, widening his smile, showing he was proud of being a shinobi from the Leaf.

Training
Introductions
[]
[241 words]
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 1:27:33 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

I watched you disappear

Head of the Hyūga clan? Now, that did interest her, and the moment he gave the introduction it was difficult for her to mask her intrigue. She had grown skilled at hiding her expressions over the years--from keeping her internal dialogues masked to herself, giving a poker face and not raising suspicion while carrying some dark secrets of the world, and mastering the different faces and mannerisms of the people she created as disguises. But she was not perfect, and moments like these were ones where, even if only slightly, something slipped through.
    He wasn't just a Hyūga. He wasn't just somebody from the same clan as Sanosuke and that Konoha woman--Shodaime. He wasn't some random clansman from the same group--though even if he was, that wouldn't have been an insignificant detail.
    No, he was the guy in charge. The head honcho. The top dog, so to speak.
    And that certainly complicated things.
    Even if they were going to be civil due to the nature of the Chūnin Exams, she wondered if he'd make an exception if he knew who she truly was. If he knew that she'd played a part in spiriting away one of his clansmen. Would he be cross? He'd have all the authority and justification in the world to lash out at her.
    She raised a bandaged hand to her mouth, a finger lightly brushing her lips as she mused over the situation--alarm, caution, but also entertained at it all.
    "Yes, it is quite obvious where you hail from," she spoke plainly, not breaking her gaze, eyes locking onto his. "Still, I wouldn't have guessed that I'd find myself in the company of someone quite so important. I wonder how you'd feel to know you're in the presence of a shinobi from Amegakure." Considering... everything that had happened in recent events.

308 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 1:36:28 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"late autumn rain".

CONCERN

His cheeks flared a bit when she mentioned being in the presence of someone quite as important, but that flustered feeling quickly faded away when she continued her sentence, revealing she was a shinobi from the Hidden Rain Village. The shock in his expression was completely evident, mouth agape as his mind raced through so many thoughts it was hard for him to even try and keep track. Noticing his dumbfounded expression, he quickly shook his head, recomposing himself. His expression steeled, but his eyes showed a different emotion. No, it wasn't anger or resentment, it was pure concern.

"The Hidden Rain?!" he exclaimed, pausing for but a moment. "Is Shodaime okay? Is she being treated well?! You don't have to reveal any details to me, but... Please, at least let me know if she is alright! I beg you!" and as he said that, he offered Masami a very formal and deep bow. His tone was not quite desperate, but it was clear that the subject was of extreme importance to him. Shodaime's well-being clearly sounding very important to him, and being the very first thing that crossed his mind and came out of his mouth.

Despite everything that happened, Shodaime was his family, and he hoped that wherever she was, she had found the happiness and freedom she craved for. He wondered if she had managed to stay together with Kayaku, which also made Shigure think about the missing-nin for a moment.

Social
Conversation
[]
[243 words]
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 2:03:50 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

I watched you disappear

Her curiosity was quickly satiated when the man before her exploded into a display of exasperation and concern. Bombarding her with questions and begging for some kind of confirmation that the traitor was safe and alive, bowing to the jinchūriki in a display of sincerity. She stood there for a moment in shock, trying to properly process what had just happened, or even how to respond.
    He's begging! Hilarious! Humans and their overbearing emotions never cease to amuse me! Look at how pitiful this so-called head is! It's such a vulnerable moment, you could so easily torment him.
    She didn't know how to respond.
    Yes, I'm sure it's quite amusing for you. As it always was for Gyūki. "It's not befitting for a leader to beg," Masami spoke quietly. There were times and moments where it was appropriate. And... she would not shame him for his actions. He was sincere, and it was clear that this matter was of great importance to him. She was certain that she didn't need to remind him of status. It showed great humility, and quickly conveyed where his priorities were--and just how strongly he valued them. It was not wrong for him to do so. She wasn't scolding him.
    But, again, she didn't know how to properly handle the situation.
    In the back of her mind, Gyūki howled in laughter at her awkwardness.
    She looked away, averting her gaze from him. "Do not bow to me..." Her command wasn't spoken with venom, but she was assertive nonetheless. "And yes..." She lightly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, still not looking at him properly. "She's alive and she's safe, now. Lord Sanosuke made certain of that... He cares about her, too, you know."

293 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 5, 2022 16:17:00 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"late autumn rain".

KINSHIP

When she said it was not befitting for a leader to beg, he looked her in the eyes. He had no shame in them, or any sign of regret. As a matter of fact, he kept the serious expression he had showed before. "It is the duty of a leader to ensure their clansmen are safe and thriving. I'm responsible for them, and even though she left the village, and home, I still care about her." he admitted, and his tone sounded sincere. Shigure and Shodaime may have had their differences, and her relationship with Kayaku was something he didn't approve, especially considering the fact that Kayaku committed crimes not only against the Hidden Leaf, but against the shinobi world as well. And still, he could understand that people didn't choose who they loved, and that love was a powerful driving force, one that can - at times - be too much for reasoning to prevail.

The red-haired asked him not to bow to her, and he nodded in agreement; if that made her uncomfortable, he would respect that. As she responded his question, however, a great wave of relief washed over his very core, and a subtle, yet joyful smile appeared on his face. Shodaime was alive and safe, and the Rain Lord had personally made sure of that. To hear that he carried about her as well added to Shigure's relief, but it sparkle another thing. "This Sanosuke-sama... I heard the reports about him. He has Hyuuga blood as well." that was not a question but rather a statement. "It makes sense... As distant as it may be, we are family." he said, his smile gaining bittersweet traits.

Despite that bond, they were from enemy nations, and as much as Shigure wanted to build bridges, he knew that grudges ran deep in the shinobi world. He was not as naive as to think that he could erase such grudges by himself.

Social
Conversation
[]
[320 words]
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 6, 2022 14:35:14 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

I watched you disappear

The man opposed her words, speaking in sincerity but firmly in his stance. Again, he spoke words that she believed in--an idea that she shared. And, really, she wasn't any different than him--if it was for the few people that she loved, she'd done just about anything in her power to keep them safe. If Takeo would be arrested should he even step foot in Arashi no Kuni, then she begged him to stay away and never to visit her. If there was a chance that Botan could be targeted or harmed for the sake of manipulating her into obeying someone else's will, then she pleaded and begged that he be taken out of the village, without anybody knowing of his true lineage. Those had been painful, difficult choices to make--and she'd had to lower herself and plead while in her most vulnerable. But she did it, and she'd do it again, a hundred times over, if she needed.
    "It's not that I disagree with you... and in truth I find your virtues quite admirable," she spoke quietly. "But I'm not used to... being the one people plead to, or being in a position of power where I have something--even something delicate as information--that somebody else would be so sincere in seeking. You're right. As a leader, ensuring your people's safety is a priority, but, please... don't beg. Not to me." Masami smiled to him lightly. "Asking regularly will work just fine." At least with her.
    She supposed that if she was ever to truly become a figure of authority and power, she'd have to get used to it. She'd likely have to change her mindset, and become more comfortable with the dynamic.
    But she wasn't. Not right now, and... truthfully, she wasn't certain if she ever would be.
    "Yes, he does share your bloodline," she confirmed--though from the resolution in his words, she doubted he needed the confirmation. "I do not know much of the Hyūga family, of your culture or relations. But Sanosuke is also a Takeda, and whether distant or close, family is something he views in high regard. There's scarce more important to him." It was something she was beginning to understand.
    Something she'd never fully grasped in her younger years--family had never meant anything to her. Her village never meant anything to her. Friends and other bonds--she'd never had any use or need for them, and only saw them as weakness. Vulnerabilities that were foolish to engage in actively. Family only caused you harm and suffering, why did sharing blood hold any significance at all? She'd never cared about such things.
    But she was older, now. She'd made friends--as few as they may have been. She had a family. And she could see their value. Even if it was true, still, that they were a weakness and a vulnerability that perhaps would be safer not to possess... they were something worth keeping. And she saw that. Though, perhaps, she held more value to the bonds that one chose, over those handed to them. But, still... she was beginning to understand. If only slightly.
    "I don't fully understand why she left your village and turned her back on her clan. I've not really cared to ask. I don't respect her actions or decisions, but I would say that after all that has happened, she is no longer your responsibility." She could understand him still caring for his lost kin, but... She had severed whatever tie there had been. She'd turned her back on their family and with that came various consequences. "I only hope that you can trust Sanosuke to be an adequate vigil in your stead, now that the tides have shifted."

618 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 6, 2022 16:04:29 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"late autumn rain".

TRUST

It made him happy she thought his virtues were admirable, but he didn't care too much about that. At this point, his focus was on getting some information about Shodaime's well-being, and since she seemed to be in good hands, as far as he could tell, part of his heart could rest more at ease, even though he would still be concerned until he could actually talk to the woman. Masami continued on to say she was not anybody in a position of power, or anything of the sort, and that he should not beg and just ask, and he could indulge in such request moving forward, so he gave her an acknowledging nod. Shigure listened carefully to her words, and her confirmation that Sanosuke had his bloodline was mostly a formality rather than a necessity; he had read the reports. But it added to his curiosity to have one of his comrades confirming the fact.

The red-haired also revealed that Sanosuke was also a member of the Takeda clan, albeit admittedly Shigure knew very little about them, but he would keep his eyes open for more information if he could come across it. It was - in a way - reassuring to hear that Sanosuke thought family was important, which gave him a little more confidence on Shodaime's well-being in the Hidden Rain.

When the subject changed to the reasoning behind Shodaime leaving the village, Shigure's smiled faded, the subject still being a sort of a sore spot for him. He didn't want to reveal too much about it. "I'm sure she will reveal the reasons once she grows comfortable. And in truth, she is the only one who can truly explain why she left." he started, pausing to hear her words. Shigure would sigh at the mention of trusting someone he never met. "I may, one day, if I ever get to know the man. Thus far, the only thing I know about him was that he managed to survive against strong Jounin from my village. Hardly something that would help develop my trust. Still... I don't like to judge people I do not know." he explained.

Social
Conversation
[]
[356 words]
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 11, 2022 2:30:55 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

I watched you disappear

Shigure's words only sparked more curiosity within the jinchūriki. So, it seemed that whatever reasons she'd had for leaving the village, she'd not shared them. Of course, that seemed like a logical thing--no reasonable person should announce their departure if they were defecting from a shinobi village. But, still. This man had been from her village--from her clan. Surely there had been some signs? Surely there had been an obvious, jarring reason or event that would cause her to abandon her village, no? Even if she hadn't said it, did they truly have no idea what had triggered that response in her?
    Not impossible or even unbelievable. Merely intriguing.
    "I never said you had to trust him as a person or as a political figure," Masami spoke bluntly. It was true that they were of enemy nations, and Sanosuke had made no effort to be civil. While he'd not been bloodthirsty or cutthroat--like Mikazuki would have been--he'd not had any problem making a display of something that he'd not needed to get involved in, at all. He hadn't seemed like a trustworthy individual, at all, with what he'd shown to Konoha thus far. And, really, it wasn't in his interest or responsibility to, either. The leaders of enemy nations had no real reason to try impressing one-another with their hospitality or grace. "But I'd like to think that you can trust him to keep her safe and well-looked-after. The incident between our villages, if anything, should have been demonstration enough that he's capable of protecting her, even against your best."
    And if Shigure was worried for her safety, surely, even if he didn't trust Sanosuke as a human being--he could trust the man's ability to keep her safe.
    After all, if it hadn't been for them--Shodaime wouldn't have made it out of there alive.

305 words

MADE BY ★MEULK
late autumn rain [Mika]Nov 11, 2022 9:42:16 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"late autumn rain".

A FAVOUR

Shigure knew exactly why she left. He was there the day she decided to leave, and in a way, he could've stopped her if he wanted to. He stood before her with Hanako, and he had the power to activate the Caged Bird seal on her forehead and incapacitate her, but he chose not to do so. He never used the seal, and he vowed never to use it; it was a power he had, but if he wanted to change the Hyuuga, he needed to assume the responsibility of making sure the seal was never again used on anybody. They were equals, regardless of which house they were assigned to at birth, and that was very important to the young man.

Still, her words regarding Sanosuke's actions made sense. It didn't sound like she was just trying to make her lord look good. The Rain had gone a long way to protect and rescue Shodaime from the Hidden Leaf's hunters, so it was fair to say he COULD keep her safe. Now if he would do it, he couldn't be sure, but as of right now, all he could do was to hope he would. "I guess my only option is to believe that he will keep her safe, and not just dispose of her once she is no longer useful for him. Sometimes we just have to have a little faith in things that are beyond our control." he sighed, shaking his head and folding his arms in front of his chest.

"Still... I appreciate you sharing that much with me, Masami-san. And if you can do me a favour... Please tell your lord that I would like to meet him one day. Maybe he will want to talk to the head of the Hyuuga clan, as he seems interested in this side of his family." he added, hoping that his message would reach the man's ears, hopefully during the Chuunin Exams, where such a meet could happen without further complications to their villages. "I will be in Kuwana until the exams are over."

Social
Conversation
[]
[346 words]

quick reply

compose a reply