Lighthearted Fun

compose a reply
Lighthearted FunNov 7, 2022 16:28:35 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Success is measured in blood. Yours, or your enemy's.
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday April 21st rank Jounin occupation Anbu

Yusaku let out a chuckle, looking at the festival from outside the window of their inn. He had made sure to take the suite on the top floor, so that no one would be able to bother them and they had more then enough space to be comfy. There was the sound of chatter, music and daiko drums coming from the streets, and he could already spot a few people with rather extravagant getups.

Pushing off the window, Yusaku's naked feet didn't make a single sound as the jounin moved over to his bed. There was no point in delaying the inevitable, plus it was going to be so much fun. He would carefully grab the costume laying there and flip it over until he loceted the opening on the back. He would quickly feed one leg into it, then the other one. Wiggling his now clawed feet to test he had worn the thing correctly, the hyuga would stretch the elastic cloth over his legs and pull it over his waist. He looked rather satisfied to hear a nice tip-tap sound and a light squeak of smooth rubber soles against a tatami as he hopped off the bed.

"You still having doubts, Shigure-kun?" Yusaku would playfully state, looking towards the other hyuga in the room being a little apprehensive about wearing their own fox costume.

"I probably lost count of how many times I have told you it looks good on you. Clearly you don't really mind wearing it, since you both kept it and agreed to come to the festival with me. Besides being kitsunes for a day sounds positively fun."

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

Nightshade has written 193 posts
Lighthearted FunNov 9, 2022 18:58:33 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"lighthearted fun".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

YIN AND YANG

The day had come and Shigure was nervous and a bit embarrassed, but, if he was being completely honest with himself, part of him was a bit excited too. As silly as it may sound, he liked how light-hearted things were when he was around Yusaku. His cousin was an example of positive attitude and outlook in life, no matter how many miseries crossed his path, and he believed there was some wisdom to be learned from that. The festival had already started, people were crowding the streets and celebrating, enjoying their lives, while the two Hyuuga, inside the inn, quickly got ready with their costumes. Shigure had learned how to properly put it on and once he had everything set up, Yusaku would look at him and ask if he was still having doubts.

Shigure pondered for a second, and then shrugged and shook his head. "I thought I would have, but actually? No..." he admitted, chuckling lightly at his own realization. "I thought it was silly at first, but you know what, bud? It is actually fun. And I don't get to enjoy some light-hearted fun very often. I guess I still have a lot to learn from you in that regard." he said in a rather enthusiastic tone, considering the fact that he was still a tad bit nervous.

Looking towards the window again, he would watch the festival and then look back at Yusaku. "So... What's the game plan?" he asked, as he began to stretch out.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Hidden Leaf Village
Inside the Inn
[]
[255 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Lighthearted FunNov 10, 2022 3:06:10 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku nodded, watching Shigure get ready and moving to wear the entire outfit himself. "If I were to sulk and keep on wailing about all of the bad stuff that happens I'd never stop crying. I'd rather have a few moments to leave my problems out the door and just...be someone who doesn't care about those for a change."

Having stuffed his hands inside the costume and now fiddling with the would be anbu outfit to be worn on top of his fox costume, Yusaku replied to the question given. "The plan is to have fun, by that I mean we're not on a mission, so we can just do what we feel like. Let's just get out there, play around a bit as Yin and Yang, if something tickles our fancy then we can indulge with it."

Yusaku would finish up getting the fingerless gloves and all the straps ready, grabbing the white fox head he was supposed to mask up. He raised it up and stretched over his own face.  Now fully suited, the white fox would mimic the black one, stretching out as he got comfortable in his new body.

"So, Yang, anything particular about festivals you like? Food? Or perhaps all of the games around? We may have no plans but we gotta start somewhere. With how cool we are we are also bound to get some attention, make sure you smile and give kids a good hug when they ask yeah?." Yusaku snickered and booped Shigure's snout "Just like you did last time, you act cute when you're flustered."

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

Lighthearted FunNov 10, 2022 12:48:45 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"lighthearted fun".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

READY TO PARTY

Shigure took Yusaku's words to his heart. The pain the man fell was intense and constant, and required him a conscious effort to try and change the way he dealt with that. That was quite the wisdom, and Shigure admired that on his cousin. Some people may have called him 'Prince', but in truth he was a Warrior, and a valuable shinobi to the Hidden Leaf Village.

Yusaku responded by saying they didn't really have a game plan, and the goal was to just enjoy themselves and have fun, and Shigure nodded to that. As the two adjusted the final touches of their costume Yusaku already got in character and asked what Shigure - or rather, Yang - liked about festivals. Pondering on that for a moment, he nodded to the man. "You see... uh... Yin!" he said, using their costume's name. "I do enjoy festival food and games, but I also love the fireworks. So... Let's go enjoy the party and bring joy and smile to the children?!" he said, trying to sound more enthusiastic, despite his shyness. Still, he tried to make himself move more and gave Yusaku a 'dab'.

When he booped his costume's snout, Shigure's cheeks flared, even though nobody could really see it. "T-thanks, I guess... Haha! Well... Let's get going?" he asked as he approached the window.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Hidden Leaf Village
Standing by the window
[]
[226 words]
Lighthearted FunNov 11, 2022 21:30:55 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku snickered and moved to the window, finding no trouble in moving about while in the fox costume. By now he had been using it for a while, so he knew exaclty just how far he could push it actobatic wise. He reached for his "brother" and helped him out. With a hop, the two kitsunes were on the floor and onto the main thoroughfare of the village. He grabbed Shigure's hand and began tugging him along. "Fireworks eh? Well there are bound to be some once the sun properly set. I guess though we could make one or two kids happy in the meantime. For now though, if you wanna learn something from is to just let yourself go with the flow, Yang. Maybe after its over we can thank Shigure and Yusaku for lending us their bodies."

It was clear that the white kitsune wasn't going to break character easily. Wouldn't be long before the two attracted attention either, being two fan favourite characters of a rather famous show. When someone approached the two and asked for a photo, Yin would quickly spin around, hug Yang and give the fan a funny pose. The hug was genuine though, 

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

last edit by Yusaku Hyūga on Nov 11, 2022 21:37:21 GMT -5
Lighthearted FunNov 14, 2022 14:44:26 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"lighthearted fun".

GENUINE FUN

As the two leaped off the window, they would find their way into the main street of the festival. Shigure's cheeks were burning red from being in a costume in the middle of the crowded area, but luckily the mask covered his face, which gave him some relief from his own embarrassment. He would follow Yusaku as he guided him through the place, responding to his mention of fireworks, which would be likely saved until the very end of the event, probably at sunset, or shortly after that. He nodded at the man's words and tried his best to get into character. "I-indeed, Yin-san! We shall thank their kindness, for now we are here to bring happiness to all!" he responded with more confidence in his tone, despite the initial stutter.

Shigure was playing along well, and although he was way more stiff at first, with time, and as more people approached, he would start growing comfortable with his role, and even initiate some of the poses for photos. He was good with kids, but that was a no brainer; he was an academy instructor after all, and he enjoyed his job. As they continued to enjoy the festival and bring smiles to the faces of the enthralled kids they came across, he would turn to Yusaku, chuckling with genuine happiness. "This is a lot of fun, Yin-san!" he admitted with a firm, and enthusiastic nod.

Hidden Leaf Village
Enjoying the festival
[]
[239 words]
Lighthearted FunDec 16, 2022 13:50:00 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku would gradually back off more and more from directing interactions. He would allow the other fox to start feeling out things for himself and start to interact more. He was more than happy to see Shigure slowly getting more and more invested, more and more into character.

Eventually, Shigure seemed to have finally allowed himself to embody the black furred fox in both mind and spirit. What a sight to see that was. He was a complete natural, as if he was made for the role. 
"I am glad you like it, Yang-kun." He would quickly reply with a hearty snicker.

Eventually, the two would find time for a breather in a less crowded spot in town. The white kitsune would happily sit down near a tree and pat the spot next to him for Yang to rest, only for a last minute couple dropping on them asking for a photo fo the two foxes. Without missing a beat, Yusaku quckly scooped up Shigure in his lap for a nice heartfelt hug and had the two in a cute pose for the couple to take their photo.

With that also taken care of, Yin would still keep Yang there for a moment longer, though he wouldn't oppose him if he wished to remain there. He wouldn't mind using their current pretext to show more attention to his little cousin and now would- be brother.

"Man, it's fun but sure is draining...eh Yang?" He noted, reaching up and pointing at their face. "Perhaps we should take a moment for ourselves yeah? Mask off? We can mask back up and go another round before sundown or you know, just enjoy the rest of the festival as Yin and Yang by ourselves. Truth be told, I quite enjoy being your brother." He concluded with a wink. If shigure wished to remain masked, he wouldn't mind as well.

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

Lighthearted FunDec 18, 2022 17:46:38 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"lighthearted fun".

BROTHERS

The black fox would nod firmly. "How could I not? Bringing smiles to people is what we are meant to do, Yin-san! So let's do our best, eh?" he said, with a muffled, yet enthusiastic laughter coming from beneath the fox mask. And after they interacted with the people a bit more, they would take some time to rest, sitting in a less crowded spot in the village, beneath a cherry tree. Still, before they could be entirely at ease, a couple would come asking for a picture, which the two foxes would happily comply, posing with them.

When the couple left, the two could finally rest for a bit, and he had to agree it was a bit draining. "It is. Not unlike training, in a way." he admitted with a slow nod. When Yusaku suggested taking a time for themselves and remove the mask, Shigure agreed and slowly removed it. His face was covered in sweat, but he had a nice smile on his face. "But we are like brothers. We are family. And you know you can rely on me. This... I thought it was silly at first, but it has been an important experience for me. Sometimes I get too deep into the shinobi life, to the point I forget to live a little, ya know?" he admitted, with a bit of a melancholic chuckle.

Hidden Leaf Village
Rest
[]
[229 words]
Lighthearted FunDec 19, 2022 18:57:23 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku would soon pull the mask off his face and get a few breaths of fresh air in unimpeded. What Shigure said warmed his heart. He was more than happy to share such a deep connection with him.

Yusaku would wiggle into a comfy spot, before pulling Shigure closer and have him cuddled up in his lap. From there, he would wrap his arms around the other and have him in a warm hug. He would then rest his chin on the top of Shigure's head. 
"I am happy you enjoy suiting up as Yang. It took some convincing but I knew that in the end you would enjoy the ability to just have fun and play around. We should do it more often. Besides, Yin and Yang can't have fun without us lending them our bodies wouldn't you think, lil' bro?"

Finishing the last phrase in a snicker, Yusaku squeezed the other Hyuga closer. He was so happy to be spending time with him. Moreover, he was even happier the experience was allowing them to bond even further. Perhaps he could convince Shigure to try out one of his battle suits and train with him later on. He could also go help more with the accademy too.

If anything, it was grateful he was able to have that moment with him. There was more fun to be had as soon as they resumed being their fox alter egos, but for now he would enjoy the time he got for what it was. An intimate heart to heart with his little brother.

"What is the thing you like most about Yang?" He would ask, glancing at the masks besides them. "You know, everyone has things in common with the characters they choose to dress up as, but there is that one thing that makes it fun to be them. For example, I enjoy walking around as Yin simply beacuse it affords me a chance to see how a person reacts to me without prejudice. Outside of doing cool poses or pulling pranks that is. They don't see a hyuga or a shinobi. Interactions feel more genuine. What about you?"

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

Lighthearted FunDec 20, 2022 16:00:41 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"lighthearted fun".

ANNOYNYMOUS

Shigure responded to Yusaku's hug with one of his own. He wasn't very used to hugging many people, never ever being held by his own father in his entire life, and even his mother, who truly loved him, was heavily scrutinized by the former head of the Hyuuga clan. So Shigure had grown up in an environment basically devoid of human touch. But as awkward as it was to him, in a way, he was happy for the bond he was able to build with his kin, and he hoped that with his actions, the Hyuuga clan would grow and become able to melt the ice that separated its members from one another. "Hahaha, that is true! It has been fun." he admitted, when Yusaku mentioned that the foxes needed them to lend their bodies.

Then, Yusaku would ask him what he liked the most about Yang, and as Shigure pondered about the question, Yusaku gave him some help by saying what he liked about dressing up as the fictional fox, and once he was done, Shigure quickly nodded. The Hyuuga would get up and walk a bit, staring at the skies, with a subtle smile on his face. "That is quite the interesting perspective. I think I like the fact I can - for once - walk around without the weight of the Hyuuga clan on my shoulders. To be just Yang, and not have to worry about anything. It makes the world more simple. It makes me forget, even for just a moment, that I'm a shinobi, and that we live in a world cursed by hatred. It is... Relieving..." he admitted, exhaling deeply as he did so.

Hidden Leaf Village
Conversation
[]
[278 words]
Lighthearted FunMar 7, 2023 12:57:35 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku chuckled, observing Shigure pace around. Even when in a completely different zone, he was still elegant and deliberate. He really gave Yang a more regal poise. And it was so much like him to give a super deep answer even when the question wasn't all that heavy.

The older Hyuga would smile at the other's reply, however. He agreed completely. 
"That is exactly why I wanted you to try. Life isn't always about responsibilities. You can let go for a while, only does you good. You should find more time to be Yang, find more ways to empathize with what he stands for. What he allows you to do. If you have a little time, maybe wear him on a free night. Go around a few rooftops, or maybe just go somewhere you wanna go. What I'm trying to say is... find more ways to make him truly yours. Make him part of you. You'd be surprised how much you can learn in someone else's...paws I guess."

With that, Yusaku would strech the fox's head over his own again, making sure to pull the mask all the way down. "Yin" hopped back up and stretched. He had enough of a pause. They could move on to the rest of the day. Or, at the very least, Yusaku was in the mood to return his mindset towards more lighthearted fun.

"Besides, it's not like people know who's behind the mask." Yusaku would say, using Yin's tone to casually stoll over to the other Hyuga so that he could offer him his own mask to wear. "Besides, we can even change our voices and truth be told, sometimes is fun to ask people's opinions about yourself without them realizing it's you. In any case, I dare say we can go have a little more fun before the end of the day yeah?"

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

quick reply

compose a reply