Tidings [C-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 7:31:41 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Orders

Azarea's smirk never faltered her confidence unwavering and if nothing else it crew to a mean grin to match Hibashi's disgruntlement and ire. Sometimes it was fun not being in the lead. It allowed her a few moments like this off the leash. "I'm sure Shigure-sama can address your concerns about being outdone by the various 'side-bitches' as it were should you wish to pose such questions." The red head quipped her tone polite even if her words were barely couched insults. She doubted Hibashi actually would bring up the subject as it would mean a duel with the current head of the Hyuuga and one he wouldn't win. Though at his accusation that this was not the 'Hyuuga' way the Kunoichi's scarlet eyes hardened and narrowed with cutting fury.

"I know for a fact you are aware of the various ways the position of heir and head can pass within your clans." She states her voice hard and all teasing temporarily forgotten. They'd been sent here to send a message and not merely just the one on the scroll. "The orders written on that paper are to be enacted immediately and any attempts to utilize the seal will be treated as a breach of them and dealt with harshly." Azarea firmly cautions for as much as she and Hibashi might butt heads and enjoy one another's suffering she didn't want to see the man dead. However if he turned around and attempted to utilize his privilege's as a member of the main house to the detriment of the branch then his life was forfeit. Perhaps she was too kind in this.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 260 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 11:25:40 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank occupation

"You know what, exiled? If you were not such a pain in the ass, I would take you as my own side-bitch. That's as good the likes of you could ever hope for. Bastard scum." he scoffed, apparently showing to be aware now that she was not the offspring of Hiroshi. Word travelled fast when it involved the great clans of the Leaf, and the Aburame and the Hyuuga were close. Still, it triggered him to no end to hear the words 'Shigure-sama', something even he would have to use moving forward, and it left a terribly bitter taste in his mouth.

His eyes would then shift towards Urikohime, who was now showing she was not just a doormat, but also had some spice in her, for her tone - albeit polite - showed she was way sharper than that. "What the fuck is wrong with Genin nowadays?!" he thought to himself in frustration. "Are you mocking me, you stupid brat? I understood this absurd message." he snarled at the green-haired lass, before turning his white eyes back to Azarea, sighing sharply and then, finally, slowly nodding. He knew there was absolutely nothing to be gained from fighting a losing battle, and as much as it hurt his pride and his perceived standing, he wasn't stupid. "Let's hope Shigure-sama will live long enough to make sure those changes are permanent then. As for you two, well, I can only hope you have a safe journey back to the Leaf. These roads can be quite dangerous." was that a threat? That wasn't clear, but Hibashi was ready to leave, and with that being said, he would get ready to slam the door in their faces.

The message had been delivered, yes, and he seemed to have obliged to it, although not without throwing a bit of a fit first. Still, his words... Maybe this mission was not entirely over just yet.
Ren has written 286 posts
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 15:41:36 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Uriko retained her smile, even as Hibashi snarled at her, the knowledge that he had been aware of the veiled insult more amusing to her than his own brash vituperations. "Why ever would you think I was ridiculing you, Hibashi-dono?" she asked, maintaining the softness in her voice, as she held his gaze. "Rest assured, my mockery is only reserved for ill-mannered children, not respectable people. As a 'brat', I know my mates."

It seemed that Hibashi, despite his petulance, understood that Azarea was right, and was unwilling to keep butting heads with her. Still, he did have some ominous words, both for the new head of the Hyuuga, as well as for the two kunoichi, who were prepared to make the return journey to Konoha. Uriko was immediately reminded of what Azarea had told her on their way to this place, and she kept herself from shaking her head. "Hibashi is such a child!" she thought to herself. If she had been in Hibashi's shoes, and had any reason to plan harm against people, she wouldn't even so much as hint at it. But that was the way of bullies: they tried to make you scared of them, employing aggressive words and actions. Such people disgusted her to no end. If she was any less cultured, she would have spat.

"I am touched that Hibashi-dono cares for our well-being," she answered, the only proof of sarcasm in her words being the fact that it was obvious there was no love lost between Hibashi and the two kunoichi. "I shall be sure to remember your concern." She couldn't keep the sneer out of that last word, though. In any case, they were done here. "Shall we, Azarea-senpai? The sooner we brave the dangerous roads, the better for everyone of us." She turned on her heel and began walking off, as a sign that she was done here.

Ronin has written 328 posts
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 19:00:27 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Below-Me

"I'll cease being a pain in your ass when you cease being a bottom bitch below me Second-Best. Learn to top and we'll see." Azarea quipped batting her eyelashes at Hibashi mockingly as she smiles sweet as a honey coated knive's edge. "However you are of course welcome to challenge me to a spar on the public training grounds any time. I'm certain a six year handicap and a rank change will allow you to finally best me after all these years. Though given how often you ended up with your back on the ground I'm starting to think you're just into that." She offers confident that while she perhaps might find a special jounin a challenge that an unspecialized chuunin the likes of Hibashi she could handle even with their differences. Though maybe it was just a Hyuuga thing to find women that could put them on the ground attractive. Azarea didn't know and she had no interest in knowing further. The woman half turning as she flicks her long crimson locks over her shoulder giving Urikohime a nod of confirmation.

"You're of course right Kohai. We've spent enough time here. I'll be certain to pass along your concerns in regards to his health to your Clan Head Hibashi-kun." She stated giving the man her back to show just how little she thought of him while keeping her senses heightened as she signals for Uriko to descend. The two Kunoichi heading down the steps.

"Go ahead and ask. I can practically hear the questions burning the tip of your tongue." Azarea quips giving Uriko a non signalling she was free to pose what questions she might have. The woman's mood seeming just as bright and vindictively cheerful as it had beforehand. The prospect of 'trouble' a strangely welcome one when her adrenaline was beating through her veins like a drum.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 311 |
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 19:06:57 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull

Hibashi was absolutely livid, but he knew it was unwise to do anyting against the two kunoichi out in the open like that. No, if he was going to punish them, it needed to be well thought, and as tempting as it was to send some goons their way, they would likely fail and just make him look incompetent. No, things would be solved another way, for he knew there were others like him within the clan, not happy with the stupid reforms that idealist brat of his cousin was pushing forward. Shigure's dreams would be his downfall, and he wanted to be there to watch it, but for now, he would play ball, despite issuing a threat, as empty as it may be.

Still, Azarea's words made his blood boil, and he watched in silence as she turned her back to him and started to walk away. "You may be bold, because he likes you. But this is a big world, and we often find ourselves alone. And you, red bitch, you don't have many friends left. We already got rid of that dog fucker." he said, cracking a smirk to her as he clearly mentioned Tsukimono, who had - for all he knew - fled from the village as a criminal after killing a member of the branch house.
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 22:01:18 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
To Uriko's delight, Azarea seemed just as willing as she was to leave the area. Hibashi called out more threats as the two left, pointing out that Azarea was losing her friends. While that was another thing to be curious about, Uriko was sure she had no idea of whom the insufferable Hyuuga was talking about, when he mentioned the person they'd already gotten rid of. But the mistake Hibashi seemed to be making was that he didn't realize that people could get stronger, improve, make new bonds. Even though Uriko wasn't sure of how worthy she was as far as combat or connections mattered, she was sure she could call herself Azarea's friend. And even though the redhead seemed a bit scary at first contact (when she wasn't masquerading as the white-haired trickster), Uriko was sure that someone as decent as Azarea would not lack what mattered most: true friends.

She was mildly surprised that her senpai had preempted her and told her to ask whatever questions she had. "Am I really that obvious?" Uriko asked with a laugh, as the two kunoichi got down the stairs and began the trip back home, the green-haired girl's eyes and ears peeled for signs of trouble. "You might be surprised to know that I don't have too many questions. But the way you answer may create more. What is your history with that immature twit? And I assume the 'he' that 'likes you' is Shigure-kun, yeah?"

Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 7, 2022 22:39:09 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

What's Yours Is Mine

Doing Tsukimono proud Azarea responds to Hibashi by tossing him the bird as she struts away with Uriko, but as the girls venture back onto the path and enter the woods once more the Kumo nin sighs. Her shoulders sagging and the almost childish vindictive glee that had made her look her age seemed to fade. Leaving behind the quieter more battle hardened woman the green haired girl had begun to get to know with all her tricks.

"Members of the main branch of the Hyuuga are not allowed outside of the compound until they come of age to attend the academy to prevent kidnappings or theft of their eyes. The heir of the clan could not be without entertainment however, but nor could they lower themselves to playing with mere branch members and at the time there was no children close to the heir's age. Thus I was brought in to be Shigure's playmate." Azarea explains with a soft sigh of exasperation and nostalgia. Yet her answer left so many more questions. 'Why' had Azarea been selected as playmate? 'How' had she been exiled? Among other things.

"Hibashi is Shigure's older cousin by two years and was candidate for heir should Shigure or his younger sister ever be killed or determined to be unfit. Thus he was always treated as a defacto heir and demanded the same privilege's. Shigure got a new set of toy kunai Hibashi demanded the same set, but nicer. Shigure got a pet bunny. Hibashi demanded a rabbit hunting dog. Every. Single. Time. Shigure got something of his own Hibashi had to have the same thing or better." She elaborates as she lifts a hand brushing a few stray locks behind her ears as she lets her eyes drift skyward as if beseeching the gods for patiences with the irritating Hyuuga as she kept her senses sharp and on the look out.

"Until me." Azarea admits.

"Only the heir was allowed a playmate besides their cousins. Hibashi didn't take well to that refusal and demanded that Shigure 'give' me to him as if I was a thing. He grabbed me by the hair and tried to drag me off with him and I bit his hand so hard he had to get multiple stitches and probably still has the scars." She adds her lips quirking into a fond smile at the memory. "but that rather cemented him coming over to tug on my hair and torment Shigure and myself daily."

"I suppose you could say that to him I represent the inequality between himself and Shigure," And children were bad at hiding how much they cared making it all too easy for Hibashi to zero in on her as a target to make the clan heir hurt when he was forbidden from laying hands on Shigure himself, "So he's always been antagonistic." and perhaps just a little dangerously obsessed.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 485 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Dec 7, 2022 22:44:04 GMT -5
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 8, 2022 11:30:39 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull

Despite the vague threats that Hibashi had issued, nothing seemed to be happening on their journey back. Mayeb the two kunoichi had managed to make the man fear that they could blame him for whatever came to pass with them, or perhaps the fact that he had lost power over the members of the branch house posted in the area made him realize his precarious position. In any case, the trip back would be uneventful for the vast majority of it. The roads of the Land of Fire were becoming safer thanks to the huge effort of the Leaf shinobi and their allies, working towards making their country a better place to live. There were still many problems, that was true, but there was hope for improvement.

When they got closer to the Hidden Leaf Village, after their trip, Azarea would feel a chakra signature that seemed familiar, but this chakra signature would be quick to leave the range of her Mind's Eye. Still, the former Aburame would feel herself unable to brush off the unease feeling that the sudden flicker of that chakra signature caused, almost as if they were being watched from afar. And the Hyuuga were quite accomplished in watching people from afar.
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 8, 2022 21:30:12 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
It seemed the Hyuuga clan did have a lot of apparently unnecessary rules; even though there was an explainable fear of having the eyes of a main house member stolen, it made little to no sense, in Uriko's opinion, to not allow people from the branch house interact with those of the main house in matters as trivial as children playing. As Uriko suspected, in any case, Azarea's answers created more questions, which she wasted no time in putting forth. "While I see nothing wrong with Shigure-kun having you as a playmate when you were younger, may I ask why it was you specifically? After all, I'm sure that there'd surely have been other kids in the village who would have been of similar age to you both, wouldn't there?"

Azarea's description of Hibashi as a child did paint a rather unflattering image of the man, though Uriko was certain that her senpai was not being untrue in the least. Given the pompous, yet sniveling nature of the Hyuuga whom Uriko had the distinct displeasure of having met, she was quite happy that no matter how awful the Hyuuga clan had been, the cardinal mistake had not been made of instating Hibashi as clan heir. It did make her shudder to think that if Shigure had died, that mistake would have been made without a second thought. The changes to the Hyuuga were apparently worth it.

"Well, I'm not one for swearing, but 'bitch' doesn't even do Hibashi sufficient justice," Uriko huffed, before pausing to take a sidelong look at Azarea. She was about to ask a question which she was sure might dredge painful memories, but she had to know, if Azarea was willing to tell her. An opportunity like this might never arise again. "So," she finally stated, "since it's clear you were once a Konoha ninja, why are you now bearing a Kumo hitai-ate? Hibashi called you 'Exiled'; what happened to lead to this. You don't have to divulge anything if you'd rather not."

Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 8, 2022 23:02:25 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Debts

A soft mirthless laugh spills from Azarea's lips as she focuses on the little blip of a chakra signature just barely on the edge of her rage. The Hyuuga were watching though whether they would try something before they reached Konoha or not was yet to be seen as the distance between them and their destination narrowed. Still what could she say? That she had been selected as Shigure's playmate to make her biological Father, and Shigure's mother suffer? That Shigure's mother had taken pity on a mostly abandoned child? That Hiroshi likely got a sick sense of satisfaction allowing her to grow and learn to want what she could never only to throw such a fact into her face? The reasons for the choice were as endless as they were cruel and the fact she and Shigure had made something more of it was a miracle in and of itself. So the red haired Kumo nin simply settles on "Politics mostly." It's a short answer if a telling one.

Urikohime's final question however leaves Azarea tensing with displeasure though she knows the other girl hadn't meant to question her loyalty though such was what her words might imply, "I am not bearing a Kumo hitai-ate. I am a Shinobi of Kumogakure no Sato first and foremost." She states voice firm and unwilling to have her past associations have bearing on her true loyalties. "As for why Hibashi calls me Exile... When a parent commits a crime and perishes before their debts are settled then those debts fall upon the shoulder's of the child. Though my Mother was a loyal Konoha Shinobi she turned traitor on her clan and perished in the process. I was left to settle her debts and then like any loser in such conflicts I was exiled to prevent being lynched by the victors." Azarea intones her voice emotionless, her gaze straight ahead of them. It's a painful memory, but one that must be made known in case her kohai decides it's a good idea to try to talk her into returning.

Sadly with them being watched there was little Azarea had in regards to methods to warn Uriko without giving away her sensory abilities to the spies following them. Though at least so far none had yet to make a move.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 380 |
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 9, 2022 8:59:22 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was sure she could understand the short answer Azarea gave her regarding why the redhead had been selected as a playmate for Shigure. This likely suggested that Azarea may have likely enjoyed a privileged position in her own clan, in earlier years. The Aburame were, after all, a notable clan in Konohagakure. As someone who herself was not familiar with the inner workings of clan politics, Uriko was sure there were probably a lot more undercurrents in this story, but she was likely not going to find out the details. She wasn't even going to try, unless it was asked of her. It was technically not her business, after all.

Azarea seemed to take some displeasure at Uriko's use of words, regarding the second question. "Gomen nasai, Azarea-senpai," the green haired girl said softly. "It was not my intention to offend you by my questioning." She had sensed the edge in Azarea's voice, and while Uriko suspected it may have had to do with Azarea's loyalty to her new village, the Konoha nin was not willing to voice any conclusions she had arrived at merely by mental analysis.

The Aburame's allusion of a parent dying before their debts were settled reminded Uriko of matters concerning her own self. She had never met her parents; her mother had died at childbirth, and her father months before she was born. Her grandparents, who had raised her, had never told her much about her father, and while it was clear that they didn't seem to have anything against him, they had never been willing to discuss the matter with Uriko. She had suspected that the movements between Heiwa and Konoha in her earlier years may have been tied to this, though she had no idea whether there was still a debt left unpaid by her father, which she would have to eventually reckon with.

"We are getting close to Konoha. Will you let me buy you lunch when we arrive?"

Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 10, 2022 7:43:32 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Return

"It's fine Urikohime. Konoha is Kumogakure no Sato's ally, but I can't say I ever felt like it was home. Nor do I think I will ever be fully welcome to walk it's streets. Not for a while yet at least, even if certain factors have made it safer for me to approach." Azarea admits her voice soft and her expression a mix of sorrow and anger at the age old memories. "We should be careful though for the next few days. Things are changing in your village and change can sometimes be painful." She cautions the green haired girl as best she can without giving away the game afoot.

"But I wouldn't mind grabbing lunch together though it'll have to be outside of Konoha. I do know a nice little stir fry place just outside the village." Azarea offers with a lopsided fanged grin. After all while she wanted to avoid the hidden village due to clan complications she also knew that if she entered those gates her first instinct would be to seek out Shigure and she knows the Hyuuga clan head doesn't want her to see the surprise he's working on until it is fully finished. Nor could she really afford to wind up on the main branches radar as anything other then a cocky washed up genin. Not when things were in motion that must reach their apex before Shigure's enemies had any hope of stopping it. The fun was only just beginning after all and the show must go on.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 254|
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 10, 2022 14:18:04 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull

The two kunoichi had a safe trip back to the vicinities of the Hidden Leaf Village, which could already be seen in the distance. They were just a few more minutes away considering their pace, when Azarea would feel an eerie presence. The presence was filled with ill-intent, and was standing just on the border of the passive range of her Mind's Eye. It was a member of the Hyuuga clan, that much she could determine even from the distance, and once her gaze fell upon him, the man would crack a wicked smirk, staring right into her eyes with his Byakugan.

A sudden gust of wind, blowing leaves all over the place, was enough to push the man's pitch black hair from his face, ruffling in the wind, revealing, even from the distance, the caged bird seal imprinted on his forehead. That was not a face Azarea would recognize; the Hyuuga were a large clan, and it had many members, and those belonging to the branch house were often busy doing the biddings of the main house, with a fair number of them posted in different locations. Still, there was something really unsettling about this man.

Regardless, he would vanish completely not long after that, disappearing from sight and out of her passive range. Maybe if she opened her Mind's Eye she would be able to tell where the man went, but just maybe.
Tidings [C-Rank Mission]Dec 10, 2022 18:01:55 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
It was expected that even though Kumogakure was a military ally of Konoha, and as such Azarea, having been a former member of the Leaf, could go about her business there as a ninja of the Cloud, the fact remained that she would most likely not be as trusted as a native born Kumo nin. In addition to this, even though Uriko was desirous that the peace among the ninja nations would last, and especially hopeful that Konoha would not only retain its allies but make new ones, it was necessary to remember that unfortunately, alliances were often temporary, even if they were strong, and according to the history books, Kumogakure had been an enemy of Konohagakure in the First Shinobi War. Their relations had mended over the years, but it was an unhappy reminder that things could just as easily turn the other way.

Change was a thing Uriko regarded with mixed feelings. While some changes were good, like the more equitable one being seen by the Hyuuga clan, Azarea was definitely right; there was sure to be some degree of hurt, bloodletting even, regarding a big change such as this. But hopefully, the Hyuuga would emerge better and stronger for it. Happily, Konoha's government seemed to have no issues with the new direction the clan was going, and so there would likely be no issues from the village's government itself.

The idea of stir fry after the mission was very welcoming. "Great!" Uriko said in reply. "As soon as we turn in our reports, please lead the way." In any case, she had no awareness of the ominous Hyuuga presence. Out of sight, after all, was out of mind.