Any day but todayNov 25, 2022 22:20:49 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It was just around the end of October the anniversary of her uncle’s passing was coming around and the girl wasn’t feeling too high on herself, she’d done a great deal of work but despite everything in seemed as thought everything was coming to a head. She’d find herself in the cemetery looking over a large pillar the center for Shinobi who were missing or killed in action. On it the name "Tetsuya Okada.” a sight that brought the girl to tears nearly every time.

She tried to avoid coming here too often but always would visit it with her cousin on the anniversary of his disappearance. Her hat off of her head, and her hands resting on the small railing around the monument. "I’m sorry Uncle…I’m doing my best but I guess it just ain’t enough right now.” the girl had saved team 11 and had gotten a good degree of credit for it but in the end she just wasn’t exactly up to snuff.

And despite all the work she had amassed she felt like she wasn’t getting anywhere all of her leads drying up. As she looked over at his name, the girl would rest her head on the granite letting out a sigh, her face scrunching up as tears began to well on her face. "But I promise...I'm comin..." the girls grip almost enough to crack the granite.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

234 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Any day but todayNov 26, 2022 20:30:44 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 250 | notes

"I thought I would find you here."

Souma's steps weren't precisely quiet, but she moved with grace that belied the muscle under her clothing and the armor she wore besides. She approached, carrying a small basket and a thermos.

"Three years... right?" She asked as she moved to stand by her friend. "A long time. Longer still to be working as hard as you have." She set down the thermos and pulled a teacup from the basket, filling it with tea and setting it at the base of the memorial with a bowl of rice- chopsticks upright- and a stick of incense lit with a match. To Taki, she passed a cool bottle of sparkling water, taking a second for herself. She'd clearly thought this out with Taki in mind. "I know he is just missing, by the by. The offering is for the departed. And the water, I brought for you." She didn't demand anything of Taki, didn't insist on her thoughts or secrets, just... showed up.

Shared.

Was there for her, when needed, without asking. It wasn't about doing as she was told, or even expected, it was just a natural outpouring of her sincere care for Taki and concern for her well being.

"He will be proud when he sees who you have become, you know."

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 348 posts
Any day but todayNov 27, 2022 0:05:27 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

Taki would hear the arrival and see the rice set right by her and a bottle of sparkling water, Taki’s favorite flavor "Pinnaple Orange.” a disgusting flavor to most but one she had come to adore, but right now not even the sweet taste of citrus could wipe the bitter feeling in her heart, But dispute how hard she chooses to work it obviously hasn’t been helping she hesitated not wanting to take the water tossing it aside. "Yeah right, if I was so strong I’d a done it by now!” the girl would say rather quietly shouting the last few words.

"Maybe Mari was right…maybe I should just…give up I get so close and it just don’t get nowhere!” she’d turn back towards Souma her makeup ruined cheeks stained with tears. "Do you know what’s dat like…to be in my shoes to be so strong and fail at every corna!” she’d clench the edges of the granite one last time, her voice awash with grief and agony her head would crane back as she looked over the words of the monument. "Killed in action." "Da woist part is…I know he’s out dere…but I don’t even know if he’s alive…and if he ain’t…” her face would scrunch up one more time. "Den it’s awl my fault…” the girl had put the weight of her family on her shoulders when no one had asked her too and has been feeling the price of it ever since. She could give up at any moment and no one would blame her but she chooses to keep going now simply because she feels she has too.

The only thing she has to hold onto is her progress but everytime she gets stunted for as far as she’s come it only serves to get worse for her mental state. The only thing really keeping her going is her obligation that she now feels she has to her family and to her village as a member of the military. This isn't the life she wanted but its the one she has. And while outwardly she’s happy to make a difference it doesn't change how torn she feels about where she's ended up, all of this pain capped off by her personal failures as a shinobi and her quest for revenge.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

376 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Nov 27, 2022 0:13:34 GMT -5
Any day but todayNov 27, 2022 3:24:53 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 532 | notes

Souma blinked and pulled back a touch at the thrown-aside water bottle, startled but not moving away. She listened closely to every word, withholding judgment, nodding to show she was tuned in, holding Taki's gaze when it was turned her way, glancing away only to consider some things said while Taki wasn't looking her way.

She let her get every single word out, and then- only then- responded. Not, at first, with words, but with a gesture. Stepping up behind her friend and closing her arms around her, resting her cheek against the back of her shoulders.

"NONE of it is your fault."

She squeezed, gently, before speaking further. "You were an academy student, or almost one, when he disappeared. There is nothing you could have done to send him into the field, or stop him from doing so. There is nothing you could have done to prevent his defeat, either. So it was not your fault then that he was gone."

She turned, her other cheek resting on Taki's back as she spoke. "You became a genin two years ago. Even then, as a genin, it was not in your power to pull him from the grasp of his defeat, however it played out. So it was not your fault then, either, that we was not returned."

A shift, her forehead against Taki's back now. "You became a Chuunin only. This. Year. In April. We both did, and we both know the only reason you haven't been recognized further is that it take longer to confirm whether a promotion to Jounin is in order than most other considerations." She finally placed her hands on Taki's shoulders to turn her to face her, staring up into her eyes as she spoke in that calm, soft, level voice that was like standing on a beach as the tide went out- it wasn't that it was forceful, but it pulled the sand out from under you and inevitably pulled you right along with her.

"You realize that means you advanced through the academy; being a genin; being a chuunin; and becoming the village Sage, all in the past three years? The last time your uncle knew, you were just some blonde kid with a wrestling career ahead of her. Do you really. Seriously. For a SECOND. Think your uncle is sitting there thinking, "Gosh, I remember that kid, Taki, she sure has been lazy if she has not come to break me out of a foreign national shinobi prison in three years, what a failure."

She shook her head, the soft blue tendrils swaying side to side. "No. No, and no again. He is not. Nobody blames you for not rescuing him yet. Nobody had expecations on you to become a Jounin Sage in three years time, but here we are. I said it before, and I will say it again, and this time, Okada Taki, I want you to LISTEN to me, and not just hear my words:"

"Tetsuya-san will be proud
when he sees the person
you have become."

Any day but todayNov 27, 2022 12:14:35 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

Souma would hug the back of the young girl telling her that none of this was her fault. She wasn’t aware of her evaluation that she was under going but at the same time she was hurting and it always came down on her this way around this time of year. Souma’s words made her feel somewhat better but the weight was immense. She would tremble under the weight of her words. "I know but what if I don’t get it….what if I ain’t good enough!” she’d grip the girls hands vulnerable at the moment. But at the same time as she kept speaking she’d note what she’d say about how her uncle would feel about her.

"I just want to bring him home…I gotta…” the girl would say looking towards his name recalling his visage in her mind her hat on the floor beside her foot that hat as well as her gloves gifted to her before her first match when she had begun her career as a performer. "And everyday when he ain’t here…I feel like I’m letting everyone down.”

The girls emotions were getting the best of her, her anger now washed away becoming a reflection of her failures encapsulating her sadness but when Souma spoke her last words the girl would feel something like a weight come off of her. Thinking on all she's accomplished in the last three years and trying her best not to wallow in her pain too much it still hurt but she's done so much more in that time and needed to realize that, but the weight of her lack of progress was growing on her and after 3 years it was becoming harder to bear. But with Souma nearby the pain felt easier to bear. "Why are you always so nice to me man...I'm such a shitty friend..." the girl would state through her tears smiling somewhat.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

321 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Any day but todayFeb 21, 2023 22:54:29 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 350 | notes

Souma did what she did best and listened again as Taki laid herself bare all over again. As she curled her hands into Souma's, as she reiterated how badly she wanted to bring him home, how she was the only one determined to see it happen. "I know. And you feel that way because when you see something that needs done, you feel like you are the one that needs to do it. And then you make it happen. And this thing is still standing out there, taunting you. So I understand why you feel that way- and it is all because you are not willing to let things become the problem of someone else.

But it leads to what you said the first time- to that fear that you will not be good enough. If anybody ever will be, it will be you, Okada Taki. And if you still are somehow not enough-"
Souma squeezed the hands in hers. The strong, calloused hands that had fought so hard to be where they were. "-that is what you have me for. To make sure you can do it anyway."

Taki had a question for her after that, though, and Souma tilted her head a bit, blinking as she peered at Taki. "I am not always nice to you. I am always -kind- to you. Because you are someone I admire. Someone I care for. Someone I want to see succeed. And maybe most of all- because you forget to be kind to yourself. So somebody has to." She brushed off the comment about being a shitty friend. "You are a distracted friend. Not a shitty one. At least not now. You were kind of a bad friend when you were head over heels with your girlfriend- but most people are worse friends when they are trying to impress their significant others. So I did not think much of it."

Any day but todayFeb 21, 2023 23:55:37 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

Souma would hear the girls words as she made her remarks squeezing her hand telling her exactly how she is and what makes her the way she is, taunting her was right she understood why she was feeling this way and how she should let her carry the burden. Saying that it was why she had her. "At least someone has faith in me.” the girl would think to herself she wasn’t sure how her family members had felt or even some of the others within the village based on her actions and attitude but she was thankful for Souma.

However as she spoke her words she’d feel a slight stirrup in her heart. But it worried her, Souma’s care for her, her devotion it was nice to have but she worried that the girl put too much of herself into Taki and didn’t think about her own well being she was kind almost too kind. "You don’t havta ta doo dat?” the girl would say. "But thank you…I guess I can’t stop ya huh.” the girl would say.

With that she’d turn around and turn to face her, wiping away some of her tears a half smile forming on her face. She’d let out a sigh as she looked in the woman’s direction still emotionally raw from letting her feelings go. She didn’t really have much to say other than to simply oafishly stand around she felt a little better, however hearing the significant other comment made her blush a little bit.

"Still doesn’t make how I treated you any betta…I’m sorry, I mean dat.” the girl would say with a heavy sigh, shortly after she'd snap her head up. "And its okay to get mad at me…I want you to get mad at me.” the girl would say pressing her hands against her chest, speaking her words with some gumption almost as if she were slightly upset with her, she'd only ever seen her stand up to her on one occasion and wish that she did it more.
One of the issues she'd had with Souma was how she always worried that Souma was a bit on the softer side with everyone including her, she didn't want to push her away she wanted her to stand up for herself.

She'd smile to her. "I care about you too and the last thing I want is for you to get walked on by anyone...stop bein so soft." Taki emotionally was all over the place. "A-anyway...I didn't really have too much else to do today...you mind hanging out wit me?" the girl would say it was her way of asking to not be alone not that she would outwardly say that.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

341 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Feb 21, 2023 23:57:36 GMT -5
Any day but todayFeb 28, 2023 12:21:52 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 383 | notes

Souma nodded firmly. "No. You cannot stop me from supporting you no matter what you do." The apology made her smile gently. "Thank you. And no, it does not, but it is understandable. And common with new relationships. I am just happy that we got each other back when that fell through." The comment about getting mad made her smile more. "I DO get mad at you. And other people, all the time. But I also stop and consider if it is worth staying mad. So many of the things that upset me are not people trying to be mean, or cruel- they are just people living their lives, and happening to not prioritize me in that decision. And when I remember that there are plenty of people I do not prioritize in my own decisions, it is much easier to decide not to be so upset. But when it matters- for instance, when there is some big dangerous secret being built up that I am not privy to, for instance," Souma stated, tilting her head down and peering at Taki through her lashes to make a point. "-then when I get angry, I will make sure to let you know."

"I have stronger principles than I think you have had occasion to see in practice. I tend to arrange my life in alignment with those principles to minimize conflict because I am bad at resolving it outside of violence. But if you or anyone else truly pushed me past what I was comfortable with, my heels would be six inches deep in stone before anyone made me move another inch. Please do not worry about my ability to stand up for myself- the fact you have so rarely seen it is evidence that you have been treating me well, not that I am incapable."

The request at the end softened Souma's expression into a gentle smile. "I would be very happy to spend time with you. Are you enjoying the rainfall, or should we find someplace to dry off, and maybe get some food?" One thing both girls shared- active metabolisms. There'd always be food to bond over!

Any day but todayFeb 28, 2023 23:38:17 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

After her remarks Souma would tell that she couldn’t stop her from caring about her and would go on some long winded schpiel about relations or something or other and Taki couldn’t really piece it all together. "Dere she goes again…” the girl would say as she kept hearing her ramble on and on but the entire time she was smiling it was cute. When she had made her remark about her getting angry at her she kept smiling she’d tell her that she did get mad at her and go on to explain just what it was that made her mad, the last sentence resonating with her.

"Like that time I almost broke your fingers.” she'd mutter to herself in recollection, it had somewhat clicked with her Souma got angry when people didn’t consider her and it was probably why she was smiling when Taki was asking her to get more upset with her cause it meant she was considering her feelings. ”You know I tink dat might actually be da foist time you said somethin I actually understood.” that was almost insulting or was it insulting she wasn’t really sure, but she did also sound a bit upset that Taki was keeping her out of the lurch on something.

"H-hey I…told you I'd tell you about awl dat...eventually.” the girl would say trying to play it off not wanting to make her too mad. But then there she went back to rambling again, but she opted to actually listen and not tune her out maybe if she did she’d understand her more. "Well I guess I could always do betta.” the girl would say a little bashfully since she knew that she was privy to doing so. With Souma’s acceptance of spending time with her Taki couldn’t think of anything. "Uhh…you wanna maybe go back to my place and uhh…listen to some tapes wit me? I got a few new ones you might like em.” the girl would say as she strides along with her companion out of the cemetery and onto something a little less dreary.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

344 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Any day but todayMar 2, 2023 0:45:55 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 225 | notes

"Like that time you almost broke my fingers," Souma confirmed calmly, clearly holding no worry about it now. She perked up as Taki commented she said something she actually understood, flashing a beaming smile her way. "Excellent! If I can learn to do that more often, perhaps I will get a response besides that little grin you get when you are just listening to my rambles," she teased. "And yes. You did say that. And I am trying to trust you will do so. I respect your privacy and trust you with your secrets- what I am mostly worried is that you will wait too long. That there will be a time you need me there and I am elsewhere. That is why it upsets me a little, and why I remind you it does so."

Souma smiled, tilting her head faintly, transparently happy despite the rain washing down her face. "You could. But so could I. Everybody can do better. What matters is I know you'll try."

"Hm. I would like that. But my clothing is soaked. I will probably need to borrow a robe or yukata while my things dry out. Is that alright for listening to music together?"

Any day but todayMar 2, 2023 1:07:55 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl would make her remarks about Taki possibly understanding what she has to say and respecting her wishes the girls would find themselves spending more and more time out in the rain, it was nice to hear her ramble on and on it was like having background noise but pleasant sounding background noise.

As the rain down poured onto the too of them Taki’s leather would start to get a tad drenched and her leotard was starting to leave very little to the imagination. She’d start making a bit of a run towards her house. "We can tawlk about dat layta, and yeah sure I'll let you borrow somethin in my closet now c’mon!” the girl would say with a laugh as she made her way into the rain she looked down at her hand extending it out towards her friend.

"Now c’mon I tink we’ll both need a change o clothes afta we get home!” with that the two girls would make their way towards the Okada compound doing their best to make their way out of the rain and trying not to trip in any puddles as they splashed about. Upon making it to her home she’d pull the girl inside and give her some room to take a shower taking her clothes and setting them out to dry, the sun finally breaking through the clouds with a friend like her maybe things wouldn't be so dreary after all.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

231 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Mar 2, 2023 1:08:55 GMT -5