Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Bound to Be

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The flare of events in celebration of the day of union between the Daimyo and his bride seemed to light up the capital of Roran with excitement and pure joy. It had not been lessened in any possible way by the considerable short notice. A week had been all it took and despite Arashi's observation of these events, she had not done anything to stop it from coming about.

In truth, she was hoping that this would indeed aid in finally settling things once and for all...

For months she had been here acting as Kotohime, and at the very least, she had managed to narrow down her possible suspects as being the ones responsible for the attacks upon the Daimyo and his daughter. Sadly, any chance to confirm this had been halted with the lack of attacks since that mentioned event by the woman herself. Of course, Arashi had no intention of leaving things unresolved. After all, if these things weren't random, and she had given the all-clear, she'd have worse things to deal with as a result. Plus, Kotohime was safer within Sunagakure, and if she knew her father, he'd have already figured out the switch at first glance.

Not that it mattered as she expected that she'd still be dealing with an earful for just not telling him in the first place. But it wasn't as if she had completely neglected everything to do this. Her eyes were in the right places...and where they needed to be.

Such as here for one...

Looking on as the crowds began to march into the capital, she'd see the ensemble of people, gathering from far and wide to give their blessings to the new union. It was enough to make her wish she'd heard more of her own parent's wedding. Though she knew it was nothing like this. Especially with it being during wartime.

As she watched from her window, she'd hear a door open to see the Daimyo enter softly, his hands placed within his robes as he attempted to adjust his attire.

"Kotohime...I...I need some assistance..."

Looking in his direction, the young woman would rise up as she began to walk toward him. She'd see his hair, or what remained of it, was in some disarray, along with the collar of his clothes out of sorts.

"You look like hell..."

"Kotohime...language please..."

"Sorry..."

As the older male looked toward the girl, he'd watch as she gently began to clean him up, straightening his appearance as he began to raise his brow with a calm expression. He had noticed the changes with his daughter's demeanor, but he assumed it had much to do with the marriage prospects and the idea that this was a design that was meant to harm her. She had certainly seemed to hold a small bit of emotion-less responses and her vocab seemed to be much more...extensive.

"I know that you have been distant...especially after the announcement...but we spoke of this before..and Tendu is a wonderful and caring woman...."

"I'd imagine she must be..."

In hearing these words, the older male would then kneel down as he took her hands into his own.

"She is...but I recognize that she can not replace your mother....and that is not the reason why I am marrying her. She is special yes...but I feel as though it is time...but if you do not..."

"Da..I mean father...I..."

Honestly, it wasn't her place to say anything in regard to just how Kotohime might feel about this. Thankfully, such words were stopped from escaping her lips as a knock came on her door as a guard opened to give a message.

"Sir....The Kazekage and Jounin Hanchou have arrived...."

"Ah! Excellent! Thank you Masu..."

As the young man bowed, he'd smile back toward Kotohime as he then kissed her forehead.

"Be sure to greet them once you're ready! It has been some time since you and Arashi have talked I imagine. I have heard she's grown quite well in her mother's role by her father's side..."

In hearing this, the Daimyo would leave her and leave Arashi to release a breath before shaking her head.

"Probably not enough...."

----------------------------

The chambers of the capital. Ones meant to house many within its hall and to dictate the course of the nations were now colored in pink and white lilies and various desert flowers. The seams that seemed to cover each row and the many people that were shuffling to find their place were numerous. The sound of lightly played music echoed around them, though Kotohime was more so concerned about finding her father as soon as possible. Of course, she dared not leave out on her own. Not while she was here with both the Kazekage and his guards.

"I have yet to see him...it is likely he is preparing...Though I am impressed with how practical they have arranged the senate hall...."

With the young woman now having allowed herself to be taken aback by the arrangement of royal flowers, she'd stop before rubbing her hands close to her lap as she bowed her head in apology.

"I'm sorry...we should be focused yes? Perhaps if not my father, we should seek out Arashi..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Dec 6, 2022 11:12:11 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Dec 14, 2022 12:18:47 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

It would have been easy to get lost in all the pomp and circumstance of the event they had traveled here to witness. Roran was practically buzzing and it looked like they had spared no expense to celebrate the occasion which, in such short notice, was nothing short of impressive. After all it wasn't everyday that you got to attend the wedding of a Daimyo. With that said, however, there were just as many reasons that prevented Asahi from getting caught up in the festivities. His sole reason for being here was to guard the Kazekage and he was ever vigilant as the caravan crossed into the city limits. There were tons of people lining the streets all trying to get a view of the most powerful man in Suna and it was his job to ensure that no funny business happened. If only that were it...

Also in tow was the supposed Jounin Hanchou, in reality the daughter of the soon to be wed Daimyo in disguise, who no doubt would be eager to lay eyes on her father after all this time. Witnessing the conversation between Kotohime and Takato when she came clean about the ruse was not a pleasant experience but the timing of the wedding prevented things from escalating further. Attempting to remain inconspicuous while pinpointing the mastermind behind the attacks on the Daimyo and his daughter was not going to be a simple task and Asahi hoped that Arashi had found something during all her time here though that remained to be seen.

As to be expected the great hall was decorated to the nines with all manner of flower, ribbon and accoutrement for an event of this level and it was hard not to notice the fancy attire almost everyone else was wearing while the chunin was draped in his usual shinobi attire minus the headdress and instead opting for just his hitae-ate. He had thought about wearing something a bit more formal but opted for familiarity and being able to have access to all his equipment should the need arise.

"I'm sure one or both of them will come to greet us here shortly. Best not to split up." Asahi would reply attempting to temper Kotohime's eagerness to run off.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 608 posts
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Jan 2, 2023 22:29:35 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

An annoyed grimace settled on his features. Each step felt like a chore, a task imposed by the sense of duty to just appear and smile. His step was hurried, his new cloak, that had been fashioned for this sliding on the smooth floor of the capital's main palace. The surprised looks of nobles, minor and greater alike as they parted away told him the story that they didn't expect him to come. He never did, he saw everywhere he would place his gaze waste of resources that could be put into creating new business, new crops, anything.

It was, in his opinions, the ugliness of the nobility of his land in full display, masked in the marble, and the scents, and the music, and the gold of beautiful occasion. But even all that didn't hide the reality. The sound of music at the distance on different sides of the palace gaze him a dull ache on his temples. If his mood had been sour, now it was worse. A set of steps trailed behind him, the sound of equally expensive clothing sliding over the smooth floor, he felt an arm snaking around his before he turned to see a young woman, much like his daughter but the nigh imperceptible differences being evident to him.

"My dear." Takato heard himself say, trying his best to pretend this was his child and not the princess. The girl looked at him, her mind trying to go for the right inflection, the correct tone that Arashi would use in a normal conversation. "F... Dad, you look upset." Quietly he turned to the girl as they passed through a grand processional hall, crowned by an arch.

"Yes... Not fond of parties. Not even this." He replied. The girl made to open her word but something dawned on her before she spoke, her lips closing just before she would speak. "Don't like the artists?" A groan escaped him as he stared ahead. "I don't like mimes, minstrels, thespians, acrobats, jugglers, troubadours or tumblers. Flutists give me a headache. I particularly hate jesters." He replied and the girl felt silent at the grim sentence. Soon enough however they reached their destination and he could only begin to count the seconds for this charade to be over.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 418 posts
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Jan 2, 2023 23:13:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Bound to Be

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Oh?...I'm sorry you fell such a way F..father...I had no idea that such things were to your displeasure..."

Even with her best attempts to try and raise the spirits of her companions, it appeared that each seemed to be set on task in finding Arashi and the Damiyo. The Kazekage himself seemed absolutely grim with his depiction of such celebration and merriment. But perhaps, it was to be expected from him considering the situation. Or maybe it was simply present company involved.

"Ahh! There he is! Lord Oonakayama!!"

The booming voice would echo through the hall as the man came down the stairway to greet the Kazekage. In bowing toward him respectfully, he'd soon extend his hand out with a grin. He was clearly dressed for his day, regally garbed as his expression was nothing short of jubilation. It was his wedding day after all, and while he knew Takato was not one for attending such affairs, he could not help but feel honored to have the country's regent here.

"So good of you to make it my old friend! I am honored to have you and so happy to see you are well in health!"

Kotohime would remain calm as she looked toward her father, though she did her best to hide the relief in seeing him unharmed. At the very least, Arashi had kept her promise in his safety. Soon enough, she'd have to do her best to reframe herself as she soon watched his gaze shift to her, prompting a smile to cross her lips as she stopped short of hugging him as he bowed politely in her direction.

"And Lady Arashi as well! Thank you both! I am sorry to hear that Lady Oonakayama could not attend. But you both being here is quite wonderful!"

Moving in close to Takato, the Damiyo would continue to laugh as he looked back toward Kotohime and then back at the man with a calm expression.

"I dare say...when they were younger I swore up and down that they could possibly be twins...but seeing Arashi now...it's near uncanny. If Ming were here, she'd be beside herself...Kami be with her...."

That said, the Damiyo would soon look toward Asahi with a blank expression.

"Your...um.. guard appears to be...far younger than I remember..."

With a blank expression, he'd prepare to speak again before hearing a voice come from behind him.

"Father...perhaps you may wish to speak with the other guest before they feel slighted...after all, they also have a rich reputation as well...one that would not be wise to upset..."

Moment Music

In hearing this, the man would turn and there would be his daughter behind him. The elegantly dressed female would remain at his back as she moved forward about being addressed, her form set for the occasion as she held a calm expression on her face, soon allowing it to smile as she bowed in the direction of the kage.

"Ah! Kotohime! Yes! Takato! You remember my daughter...Kotohime...and Arashi as well!"

Looking at each other, both females would seem to bow respectfully, though Kotohime seemed to look toward Asahi with a calm expression. There was certainly a lengthy stare, as though she were trying to work on just what she wanted to say, but then finally, she'd bow as well before shifting her eyes slightly.

"Yes! Kotohime! Please...attend to the Kazekage and Jounin Hanchou...while I go and see the others! It will be a wonderful day! A wonderful day indeed..."

When it seemed as if the man was now out of earshot, Arashi would seem to release a breath as she looked toward Takato with a calm expression before then looking down slightly.

"So I take it that Lady Arashi has informed you both of the situation?"

Despite her continuing with the facade, she'd clearly figured out the truth as she released a breath and began to sound more like herself.

"I never would have thought you'd show up to this...you hate parties..."

Her tone was calm, though it was clear that there was certainly no hostility in it. If anything, there was some comfort in seeing his face.

"And you....I..."

Glancing at Asahi, her voice seemed to go away as she then took another breath before shaking her head as she just allowed a small smile to cross her lips.

He isn't dead after all...Heh....and I'm not dreaming this time...

"Wait? So you realize that your father knows..."

"Well yea...otherwise ya never catch em anywhere near this place...he can't stand functions like this..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Jan 3, 2023 15:56:24 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

He had always heard rumblings and rumors that the Kazekage didn't enjoy superfluous gatherings and while it was always believable given Takato's stoic nature it was another thing seeing it in person. In between sweeping glances around the area Asahi would catch a glimpse of the man's near constipated face as if he was mere moments from bringing down every gaudy and glittering decoration in a wave of iron sand. That may have made things more interesting, truth be told, but there was a lot riding on things going as smoothly as possible up until a certain point and even the leader of Suna had his part to play.

There was also no telling how long Asahi would be able to keep Kotohime from bounding off to lay eyes on her father --and Arashi-- so he hoped one or both would soon make an appearance to ease her worries at least momentarily. Thankfully word had traveled quickly through the estate and with it came the appearance of the leader of the country himself with 'daughter' not far behind. The chunin didn't know much about him outside of currently relevant information and what Kotohime had divulged but he seemed every bit the opposite of Lord Takato. The young shinobi would simply give a bow at being off handedly slighted but it was a notion that had been expressed to and about him since the day he had been appointed as a bodyguard for Takato and over time he had learned to just shrug it off.

A second, familiar voice would call behind the Daimyo and it belonged to none other than Arashi. An internal sigh of relief followed immediately by an awkward feeling causing his eyes to wander elsewhere, only stopping to meet Kotohime's gaze as she looked ready to burst at the seams. While she didn't speak his name Asahi knew that the 'You' was all but directed at him and for a brief moment the boy would look up right as things went silent. Simple as it would have been to just be a fly on the wall for all of this with people's lives being at stake no one could afford odd feelings in this important moment so they'd just have to power through. "Good to see you're well, Lady Arashi."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Jan 24, 2023 21:06:04 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato felt himself as he physically aged as he heard the voice of the daimyo boom about in the hall. Letting out a night imperceptible grunt, he faced the princess for a brief second, taking in a breath before regaining enough composure to look at the very least amicable to be there, even if the opulence in display left a sour taste in his mind. "The honor is mine, my liege." The Kazekage replied, taking hold of the hat that crowned him and shadowed his features and placing it against his chest as he curtly nodded towards the man.

Straightening, the Iron Lord replaced the hat in place, staring at the man and hoping that his faint smile was to be enough to convince that he was here from his own accord. As the man would prattle about the similarities between the princess and his own daughter, he simply nodded, taking note that the man referenced Asahi as simply a younger guard. "Asahi has shown great quality. I've chosen him for that and because I see great potential in the boy and wish to nurture it for the benefit of Kaze no Kuni and Sunagakure." Takato explained.

That wasn't a lie. Despite the fact that he knew that Asahi and his daughter had affection for each other, the boy was someone he approved of. As the man left, Takato retained the faux smile, only relaxing when he was out of view, releasing a sigh before he saw the interaction between Arashi and the Princess, noticing how cold Arashi seemed to act towards him, deciding that for now it would be best not to bring that up. "Of course I knew." Takato replied in a matter of fact tone. "Me being here is the only reason why I attend. She is right, official ceremonies tend to irritate me."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 418 posts
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Jan 24, 2023 21:44:49 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Bound to Be

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Good to see ya too dad..."

Her smile was mild at best, but it was indeed genuine despite her tone. Things had been left a bit unresolved between the two and the matter of Asahi had been one of the reasons for it. Though she could have attacked at that moment, the truth was that she had missed him. Pretending for months to be someone else had given her a bit of insight into a lot of things. Some of it was due to her training, but in all, it came from realizing the position in which her father was in. Where he had always been. She had known of it, but never really understood it.

Yet with Asahi having given a more respectful and dutiful response, she was quick to nod in his direction, her hands resting within her robes as she then heard Kotohime speak with a bit more eagerness than she had been ready for.

"I am sorry to make this more dire, but your lack of contact has made it so that it was necessory for me to return. For one, why is it that my father is being wedded to...that...woman!?"

Looking around, Arashi would release a breath as she began to explain.

"Yea...like me going up to him and tellin him not to get married would work just as well from you as from me...it happened without me even realizing they were an item. Far as I knew...they had just been meeting up and...well...yea..."

With a shutter, the two females would shake for a moment before Arashi continued.

"Besides....there hasn't been a signal threat against your old man since I got here...proving what I said...it isn't anyone from Sunagakure...meaning its someone in this court..."

Closing her eyes, she'd then release a sigh as she began to speak.

"I have a feelin on who...but I couldn't very well just go and detain them...."

"I do not see why you couldn't...after all...you are the Jounin Hanchou are you not? Apparently my father believes you quite the individual..."

"Testy aren't ya? These people are ready to start breakin off from the country because they think my dad is literally trying to rough-shot his way to the top. Who do ya think gave em that idea? People like you..."

The disguised representative seemed almost in shock, but she'd narrowed her eyes as Arashi would keep hers locked into her, despite her wavering eyes.

"The fact that they think that is because of your nonsense. You got people thinking that the militia is under the thumb of the Kazekage and that they are ready to take over the nobility. The minute I even tried to say something against such a claim they would go and try and discredit every shinobi in Kaze no kuni. Ya bet ya ass I didn't say a thing..."

While her claim was bold, it was true. Every meeting in court, every backstage conversation, there had been nothing but rumors and possible scandals of just how much power Sunagakure had within the nation. Takato being the Regent only made matters far more pressing and people within the higher positions of power were getting nervous of what may happen if he decided to do more than what he had promised. If he might attempt to topple everything and supplant himself as the true authority.

"I...I only said what I believed was the truth. I didn't realize..."

"Ya didn't think...which isn't something someone in your position can't do...especially when you have the power to reach way beyond this place...."

There was a pause for a moment as Arashi began to have what could be clarity of something. But that would have to wait.

"Anyway...I did...which is why I've been just waiting...this wedding has to happen in order for us to catch the ones responsible..."

Her expression was serious as her hand rested upon her hip.

"Course...I still haven't gotten a hint of any foul play since this morning...which was basically just two people fighting over what to put in the punch bowl... pineapple...blech"

As her gaze shifted away from the now disheartened Kotohime, she'd let it look upon both the Kazekage and Asahi.

"The two people possibly responsible are the bride-to-be Tendu Urashu....and a senate member...Henkai Azuki..."

"What?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Bound to Be; Royal Accusations[Invite]Jan 26, 2023 17:08:54 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

It took nearly all of his resolve not to crack a smile upon hearing Takato's glowing words for him in front of the Daimyo. He was a little embarrassed to boot but hadn't felt this proud of himself in quite some time. Doubt had creeped in the last few months tagging along to the stagnant rut Asahi had felt himself in concerning not only his abilities but his place in the world as a whole, but this singular affirmation from the Kazekage had done wonders for his self esteem. Alas the man wasn't much the type for tear jerking conversations so the chunin would simply have to show his thanks via his performance.

What came next could only be seen as natural but it was uncomfortable to witness all the same. Kotohime had many questions about what had been transpiring the last few months, none more important than how Arashi allowed things to get to the point where her father was about to remarry without so much as a peep reaching her ears until right before the nuptials. Arashi, understandably, was none too pleased at the insinuation that she had been doing nothing in regards to keeping the Daimyo --and by extension Kotohime-- safe and rightfully questioning if it was truly her place to meddle in the affairs of the heart while under the guise of his daughter.

Asahi could feel the tension steadily rising between the two and could only hope that they wouldn't resort to yelling at one another in the middle of the ceremony hall as enough eyes were already on them given that this was the Kazekage's caravan and as Arashi had just pointed out quite a few in the capital believed that the man was setting himself up to usurp complete power at any moments notice with him being named regent. Once cooler heads had prevailed or more correctly Kotohime's brazen attitude broken by the facts presented by Arashi, the Hanchou explained that her investigations had narrowed down the possible suspects to the woman who was soon to be wed to the Daimyo and one of the senate members.

There were probably quite a few more involved in the plot but finding out who was spear heading the operation was of utmost importance, and while it was unclear how long Arashi had been sitting on this information she surmised that the best way to get clear cut evidence was to let things play out... the wedding included.

"So what exactly is their play? Attacking during the ceremony is risky, but if there are members of the senate involved then it wouldn't be too difficult to frame things how they see fit to try and regain power." Asahi questioned as the possibilities ran through his head. On one hand it could seem too obvious if the Daimyo and his daughter were to be attacked in such a public display that members of the senate were in on things, but if resentment and fear had gripped enough people then labeling it as an unfortunate accident while quickly shifting the balance of power would not be a hard thing to accomplish.

MADE BY VEL OF GS