When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Dec 14, 2022 23:09:34 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
After the last mission she had had with Azarea, Uriko had decided that the Hyuuga indeed needed a change. She really had no stakes in the matter, but she considered Shigure a respected senior, and something of a friend. He was, after all, always gracious to her  (and others as well, she had heard), despite the fact that he was an impressive ninja in his own right. Such a decent person deserved to lead the Hyuuga. And yet, from the last mission, Uriko had realized that it was likely that many Hyuuga, especially of the main house, would be pleased that Shigure was trying to extend his graciousness to members of the clan who needed it most.

As a friend, she would help out how she could. Uriko didn't have either the clout or resources to do anything notable, but she could take missions. There had been so far a number of missions involving spreading the news that all Hyuuga had the same standing now, and Uriko had taken one, the same one that had made her all the more eager to help the Hyuuga clan's transition, though she was sure she would be very pleased if she did not meet any pathetic piece of trash like Hibashi, the man to whom she and Azarea had delivered their message in the north. Still, the knowledge that doing missions like this made people like him less privileged was a satisfying thought.

Today would be fun for two reasons. Firstly, she was going to no other place than Tengoku Shihon itself, the capital of Hi no Kuni. She'd never been there, but like most, if not all, of Hi no Kuni's inhabitants, knew enough about the place to want to visit it. And the second reason the day would be interesting was because she was going with a friend again. One she had grown rather fond of.

last edit by Kayahara Urikohime on Dec 14, 2022 23:09:55 GMT -5
Ronin has written 328 posts
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 6, 2023 0:36:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 207 | notes
"TEN-GOKU SHI-HON. TEN-GOKU SHI-HON! WE'RE GO-ING TO THE CA-PI-TAL, THAT'S TEN-GOKU SHI-HON!" Miroru shamelessly sang the children's rhyme to herself as she marched out of her room and through the halls towards the front door of her family compound. She was dressed, she was armed, and she was ready to travel, loaded with gear and goods and a good night's sleep. She was going to be travelling with Uriko today, which was exciting- but also meant she was the last stand between the Old Fox and everyone else. No Kazuto to keep her in check, no Shigure. And she wasn't going to do Uriko like Azarea had been hurt.

No, sir. She learned from her lessons.

No longer chanting the childish words, but humming the playground melody, Miroru wandered through the streets towards her meet-up with Uriko, cheerful and chipper as ever! As she approached, she lifted a hand to wave brightly, smiling in the older girl's direction! "Hello, Uriko-chaaan! How are you doing? How goes your re-co-ver-y from our last practice session~? Healing nicely~?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 6, 2023 23:50:01 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
As Uriko waited near the gates of the village, she thought about how the last mission had gone, and wondered whether the Hyuuga to whom the Konoha ninja were being sent would be more appreciative of the message being delivered. That was when she noticed the redhead approaching, waving at her and smiling happily. Uriko returned the smile and wave. "Miroru-chan! How've you--?" The question remained unfinished as she heard the words of the Uchiha. Her face changed into a scowl of mock anger, as she snorted derisively. "My insulted butt cheek is swiftly on the mend, thank you very much, in the absence of similar assault," she replied. "I do hope you, for your part, have been living in fear of my Sennen Goroshi! I'm even learning to incorporate wind chakra into it. Let's hope you're ready for when next we clash!!"

In all honesty, Uriko was neither trying to learn such a technique, much less waste useful time trying to infuse it with elemental chakra. As far as she was concerned the Thousand Years of Death was a technique as distasteful as it was worthless. But it had seemed the younger girl had been frightened of it, and so Uriko was glad to dangle the threat over the Jinchuuriki when she was reminded of the embarrassing way Miroru had attacked her during their last training together. The gate guard had no idea what the girls were talking about, but he, with an uncomfortable expression on his face, checked out their documents, and let them pass.

"Say, Miroru-chan, you ever been to Shihon before?" Uriko asked, as the two kunoichi left the gates of the village behind them.

When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 14, 2023 16:18:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 244 | notes
"Wind chakra?! Uh... h-HA! Rookie mistake! You should know that it was discovered in the explosion of '23 that wind chakra combined with the Sennen Goroshi is nothing but an invitation to wish for death as the stink you summon strikes you down! One cannot just *wield* wind where one *breaks it*, after all!"

It was... absolute baloney. Every word of it. But that whole idea was terrifying and making fun was the only response Miroru could think of to spare herself the terror!

"Been there? Uh- no, not actually. I know the kid's song, but I don't really get to travel much. That was usually reserved for the promising kids. Nobody really wanted to haul me out on a cross country trip when I wasn't even gonna develop the Sharingan, you know? Priorities." Miroru's tone dulled a bit talking about this. The whole matter bothered her, even if she understood it on a practical level. "What about you?" She asked as they trotted along. "Ever been?"

From the grasses to the side of the road, a couple of small shapes bolted over to the pair. One of them scampered straight up Miroru's clothes to sit on her shoulder. "Nothing at the moment. I'll go ahead a bit and report any concerns."

MISSIONS
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 17, 2023 16:34:20 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko raised an eyebrow as Miroru announced that wind chakra incorporated into the Sennen Goroshi was going to be a failure due to lack of experience regarding some specific matters of intestinal movement. The response was a half-laugh, half-choke from the green haired Genin, as she found herself both disgusted and yet amused at the same time. It resulted in a momentary fit of coughing, though Uriko recovered herself quickly and shot Miroru a mock-reproving glare. "Don't ever do that to me again," she said, trying to prevent her face from showing any signs of humor, "ever!"

It did sound a bit unfair that someone would not be allowed to travel, simply because she was considered the bottom-barrel of the hierarchy of a clan. As a medic, and thus being conversant with a number of subjects in Biology, Uriko knew that in most cases where a particular genetic trait did not manifest, it was almost always the "fault" of the parents, as they were the ones who passed on the traits that their child would inherit. But classifying people based on what they were, or were not, born with, was quite stupid, as far as Uriko was concerned. She wondered whether the Uchiha would experience any sort of reorganization like the Hyuuga currently were experiencing. Presently, it was unlikely, as the Uchiha were not as extreme as the Hyuuga in their classifying of clan members, but it seemed the discrimination was still there. It was probably going to be something similar in almost every clan in the village.

"I've never been there either," Uriko replied, though her reason was simply because she'd lived a bit of a sheltered life before she resumed her vocation as a Konoha ninja. She was about to continue talking, when a bunch of tiny foxes emerged from the vegetation by the roadside and ran up to the pair, obviously Miroru's companions, by the looks of it. "Oh, well, scouting would be a great idea," Uriko acknowledged. "There were threats of violence the last time I was on a similar mission, but they did not come to fruition. It would be unwise to assume something similar would not occur on this one."

When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 19, 2023 17:31:39 GMT -5
Ren
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank occupation

As the two girls continued their journey to Shihon, things seemed relatively peaceful, with nothing but the gentle breeze of the wind and the beautiful landscapes of the Land of Fire as their companions. The small foxes were up ahead to scout, and thanks to that, they were able to receive the warning in time, as one of them would reach for Miroru and inform of the ambush up ahead. Five individuals, with masks covering the entirety of their faces, would charge against the girls, running at a respectable speed; they were not the average thug it seemed, and while that was not supernatural, it was concerning.

They would reach for their pouches and each one of them would throw three shurikens their way, aiming to incapacitate both girls. "Do not kill! We are here for the scroll!" one of them would warn the others. The shurikens were not aimed at vital spots; instead, they were aimed at their legs and arms, so that they would be injured and perhaps unable to fight. Still, thanks to the warning, they had enough time to prepare and react to this attempted ambush. Being cautious on the road did pay.

Word Count: 201

C-Rank Count [6/15]

Ren has written 286 posts
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 22, 2023 21:43:01 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Again?" Miroru chirped guilessly. "So that means I can do it ONCE."

Of course it didn't. But she wanted to see that brief flash of panic!!!

"Oh, for sure! It's better than you know, actually, these little buddies talk to each other at a distance! So as soon as our scoutin' buddy sees something, we'll-"

"Five ahead. Masked, already moving. Get ready."

Miroru put her hand behind her head and flicked her staff up off her back, flashing a quick handsign to create a trio of clones that held a steady pose in the smoke as Miroru flashed through the academy version of the jutsu, doubling the clone numbers with fakes! Eight Mirorus- four fake, three clones, and the real one! She really was quick with her hands!

One of the clones grabbed a scroll off the real Miroru's pack as the five shinobi broke cover and attacked, hurling a flurry of shuriken their way! The clone with the scroll grabbed Uriko and blurred into the woods back the way they came, taking cover with her in the trees and unraveling the scroll to unleash it, quickly flooding the low-lying spot in the forest in an inch or two of water. Harmless... unless someone had Raiton to abuse it.

On the road, Miroru, her two remaining clones and the images all wielded their impressive reflexes to smack the shuriken out of the air. It just... didn't do anything when the fakes tried, popping into smoke, leaving a trio of, presumably, clones.

Playing her role of "distraction" to the tee, the trio of clones brandished their staves and confidently called out, "I know, I know- you're all very impressed. I will now be accepting unconditional surrender as a reward for recognizing my talent!"

It sounded like the sort of thing a kid would say after already abandoning the battlefield.

But buying that roleplay would prove very unfortunate~

Used both Shadow Clone and Clone Jutsu to crowd the field with fake targets.
One clone grabbed Uriko and Raiippo'd into the woods for cover and a chance to use one of the original's scrolls to flood a small part of the forest, making sure Uriko kept out of the water!

The two remaining clones and Miroru smack the shuriken out of the air with their staves, but the fakes pop, leaving three "shadow" clones to taunt the five with a demand for surrender, intending to drive them to try to pursue the real target!

MISSIONS
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Jan 28, 2023 0:44:38 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
No sooner had Miroru begun to speak of the usefulness of the scouting members of her skulk, than one of the foxes suddenly informed the two kunoichi of the presence of hostiles quickly approaching. And five of them, no less. The green-haired Genin was actually thankful for the heads-up which prevented the Konohagakure ninja from being ambushed without warning. But five against two was not particularly very encouraging, even though Uriko was aware that Miroru was capable of creating clones.

It seemed these guys, whoever they were, were not pulling any punches, even as each of them launched three shuriken at the girls. By then, however, Miroru had already set up her clone formation. Uriko, for her part, had not been too worried about the thrown projectiles, seeing as she was relatively versed in barrier techniques, which were known for their defensive, if versatile, capabilities. However, she was unable to perform the technique she intended to use to defend against the shuriken, as a hand grabbed one of her own, and she found herself being practically dragged into the forest close by, even as the three Mirorus standing before the five rogue ninja used their staff weapons to deflect the shuriken thrown at them.

Uriko was not very pleased. She felt it wrong to leave the real Miroru out there to face the enemy, even though the green haired girl was the one with the scroll, and having her in a more defensible and less exposed position was relatively advantageous to the mission. Uriko knew that the Miroru with her was a clone, for she had registered where the actual Miroru had been standing, and the hand that had grabbed hers had not come from that direction. She wasn't altogether certain of the purpose of the water that had been released from the scroll, but she made sure not to come in contact with it. For now, she would wait to see what Miroru, and the rogue ninja, did. Putting herself back out there would destroy whatever plan the jinchuuriki had in mind, and the redhead had not informed her of what it was. In any case, she would be ready.

"Kekkai no Yoroi!"

Performing a bunch of handseals, Uriko's skin slightly shimmered, as the skintight barrier formed around her. Just in case she needed the extra defense.

When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 21, 2023 10:24:41 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull

The little foxes had warned Miroru about the incoming danger, thus giving the girl some time to prepare. The girl would then use both the Shadow Clone technique and the normal Clone technique to create 8 copies of herself, with one of them grabbing the scroll from the real one, just before the shuriken attack had begun, while the clone with the scroll chose to hide in the cover of the trees, safely away from the conflict zone. A quick and smart thinking on the young Uchiha's part.

The real clones left in the fray and Miroru used their weapon to deflect some of the shuriken, while the fake clones were just poofed out of existence as they were "hit" by the shuriken, leaving only the shadow clones in the battlefield, while Urikohime used a barrier technique to make sure they would be safe in case Miroru missed one of the shurikens. A wise move indeed, but the Jinchuuriki managed to deflect all of them.

The five enemies seemed to hesitate upon seeing that. "Shadow clone? This little girl can do that? This is problematic..." one of them said, noticeably tense, but the others didn't seem to be willing to give up just yet. "Give up the scroll, and we will go. There's no need for further conflict." another one of them said, offering a somewhat peaceful resolution to the conflict.

Word Count: 234

C-Rank Count [9/15]

When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 21, 2023 19:59:31 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 234 | notes
"Excuse me, I'm thirteen! I'm not a little girl anymore, that's just rude!" One of the clones protested, another nodding emphatically. The third clone shook her head. "I agree that there's no need for further conflict, but if you're here to intercept us-" The clone paused and looked around at the group and sighed hard. "You're just hired muscle. You have no idea what this is even about."

A deep, frustrated breath from all four as the realization was shared.

"Okay, so listen, this is pointless. You're not intercepting battlefield orders or anything remotely impacted by whether this is delivered now or later. This is just notification that a change in rules has been handed down. Whether you stop the notice or not, that change is already in effect for those under its jurisdiction. And I get that you all got paid to do this, and I respect that, but I'd rather go into this with you guys understanding that you're being paid to risk your lives and well-being... to basically delay the delivery of a new employee handbook because I feel like you'll be more likely to cut and run if you know how little your employers actually value you guys."

MISSIONS
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 21, 2023 23:12:17 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko could clearly see that Miroru was trying to create a trap for the hostiles, although she was not sure that they would be extremely willing to plunge after the two girls into the foliage into which Miroru's clone had dragged her, after they had witnessed that one of their opponents was capable of executing the Shadow Clone technique. It was evident from what one of them even said, that they considered the situation to be more troublesome than they had hoped it would be. Even if the others did not seem as daunted, Uriko decided to attempt to persuade them, through subtle intimidation, to give up on their endeavor, a tact that Miroru was presently engaed in, though the redhead was much more straightforward than Uriko intended to be. She waited until Miroru was done talking, then called out from her place in the cover of the trees nearby.

"It's good you do not desire further conflict," she called out, her voice calm but bearing an unsettling edge to it, even as she quietly applied her Aogeki poison to ten senbon, preparing to throw them in case negotiations fell through. "Listen to what my colleague says, and leave. We have the advantage here: you may be more, but we are far superior in skill and equipment. How many chuunin do you know who can perform the Kage Bunshin no jutsu? This will only end in your deaths, and the inevitable completion of this mission, with your greatest success so far being that you delayed us for a scant trifling of minutes. We are feeling generous today, so leave. You may have been paid to collect the scroll from us, but this business does not really concern you in the least. Do not meddle in what will cause your death."

The green haired kunoichi had absolutely no desire to kill anyone of them, but she needed to sound convincing enough. She'd been working on her potential talent of persuasion, and this was as good a place as any to test it.

When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 22, 2023 10:51:20 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull

Miroru's revelation of being a thirteen years old who could use the Shadow Clone only further lowered their spirits. That was far more than they were expecting, so when the girl claimed there was no need for further conflict, they looked tensed and confused, but as she continued to speak, the men started losing their spirit almost completely, save for the leader, apparently. Her words made perfect sense; if whatever was in that scroll was already set in stone, then all they could hope to accomplish was a delay in the application. They could very well die fighting such a monstrous child with that level of mastery over her chakra, so they started backing off. Noticing that, the leader glared at them. "Cowards! We have a mission! Are you all just gonna go and leave me here?!" he roared at them, and while they felt ashamed, they made no motion to return to the fray, losing their stance and their will to fight.

But what placed the final nail on the coffin was Urikohime's words, reinforcing Miroru's statement, and adding that they were far superior to them, highlighting that noe even Chuunin could properly perform the Shadow Clone for the most part. "T-that girl must be a Jounin, boss..." one of them said, almost shaking in fear. They didn't want to die, it was not worth it, and ultimately, knowing that the option was to give up or fight alone, the boss, sighed and took a few steps back. "We will pretend we tried... Go, get out of our faces!" the begrudging boss said, as he walked away from the path, leaving them free to proceed.

Word Count: 279

C-Rank Count [12/15]

last edit by Ren on Feb 22, 2023 10:51:33 GMT -5
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 22, 2023 21:51:52 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes
"And we'll report our scouts caught a group coming for interception and got enough of a lead to make a fighting retreat and outrun your team," Miroru stated for the leader as he broke off and disengaged. "Better luck with your future employers!" No blame on them; her words were carefully chosen to preserve their dignity. Shame was a powerful motivator, and she didn't see any need to let it spur them into action.

As soon as they got the excuse to break, she looked back towards Uriko's position and gestured urgently back towards their path. "Come on, let's go. Gift horses and mouths and all that, you know? Best get moving sooner rather than later."

Once they were back on the road- this time moving at pace, making time as best they could to distance themselves from known hostiles- Miroru spoke up again. "That was really well played. I had a bead with the rank and file, but it was you that really sold the leader on stepping back." She leapt from branch to branch, thinking a little, then offered, a bit quieter, "I do think they were treated poorly. That the oppositionists would throw lives away for such a futile benefit... have you even heard of such callous disregard before?"

MISSIONS
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 23, 2023 21:55:44 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was delighted, even as she saw the final resolve of the leader of the opposition break. Even though much of what she had said was false, it was better to achieve their purpose without having to hurt anyone. Even as Miroru graciously offered to include in their report that they had met with opposition and managed to escape, the green haired kunoichi came out of her hiding place as she nodded. Miroru gestured to her, and Uriko took off in a measured dash along with her partner, free to continue the mission. She shared the redhead's sentiment of hoping those fellows had better luck with their next employers. This had been well done.

As the two kunoichi took to the trees, Miroru commended her persuasiveness, causing Uriko to smile. "Thanks, Miroru-chan, but never forget that it was you who made it all possible. I merely widened the cracks which you had made," she replied demurely. There was a pause before the redhead continued, expressing her opinion that the enemy were not treated well. Uriko could not agree more. Which was one of the reasons she had been pleased to attempt to deal with them without having to fight.

"I was raised by amazing grandparents," the green haired girl replied, a tone of introspection in her voice, "and while some may think that they sheltered me a bit too much from the injustices of the world, I still appreciate them for raising me well. But the more I see the world, the more I realize that many people don't seem to give a damn about their subordinates, and it hurts just thinking about it. The more I look around me, the more I see instances of this 'callous disregard' which you so aptly mentioned. Which is why I'm really eager to see this mission successfully accomplished. Because while I don't know too much about Shigure-kun or the Hyuuga Clan, it seems he really cares for those who aren't lucky enough to be as highly placed as he is. And it's quite surprising to see the amount of effort being exerted just to frustrate him." She paused a little, considering what had motivated her partner to raise such a point.

"You have a good heart, Miroru-chan. For what it's worth, I wish there were more people like you and Shigure-kun in this world."

When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 24, 2023 18:14:23 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull

Some of the individuals there seemed somewhat relieved when Miroru said that they would mention a confict in a report, but ultimately, they all decided not to fight and that was just a bonus for them. With that settled, the two kunoichi continued their journey towards their objective, and they would continue to do so without further issues. It was a great win in their battle of wits and words, for those are also important qualities for a shinobi; not everything has to be decided by the blade.

The two would chat during their trip, and ponder about how petty some actions of the dogmatic Hyuuga were, and how much effort they were putting into stopping the winds of change brought forth by their new leader. It was clear that this was just the beginning, and that more challenges would appear along their path. But for now, they could celebrate, for their destination was already in sight, and a Hyuuga Jounin stood at the outpost, with a slightly surprised expression on his face; perhaps he was expecting not to see anyone make it, especially not those two. However, he retained his composure and just waited for the two to approach him before addressing them. "News from the village?" he would ask.

Word Count: 214

C-Rank Mission [15/15]