When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 24, 2023 19:54:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 322 | notes
"Well... either way," Miroru said, cheeks coloring as she tried to deflect the praise, "-we worked really well together! So I'm proud of us!" She declared as they headed forward and onward, listening as Uriko explained everything on her mind. Or at least a bunch of it!

"Grandparents..? Not- parents? Did something happen?" Miroru asked as delicately as she could. "And... yeah, that's what I've been discovering. Both in the field, like this, and-" As Jinchuuriki. "... as... um... myself, you know? With regards to our superiors?" She hoped that communicated what she meant. "And yeah. Hyuuga-sensei is super good at caring for the people around and below them. He sees his subordinates and students as responsibilities, not burdens or resources."

She flushed again at the compliment to her heart

even as the Old Fox snorted and shifted in his lakebed cell, ears flicking in irritation

and smiled brightly. "You, too, Uriko-chan. You're a wonderful person with a sweet heart. I wish there were more people like you~"

"News indeed!" Miroru chirped as they approached, her foxes scampering up onto rocks and stumps nearby, ears flicking. "Not for a lack of trying, though! Someone must have leaked our mission to some bandits nearby. If it hadn't been for my little friends here, they might have succeeded at waylaying us for our cargo, but we had enough warning to throw them off the scent with Shadow Clones long enough to get past and ahead of them, and we were just fast enough to leave them in the dust! We're gonna have to get these cuties a proper treat for their good work today!"

She glanced back at Uriko, who still had the real scroll on her. "Unadulterated and un...unsealed! Right?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 25, 2023 22:08:01 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Uriko noted the reddening of Miroru's cheeks, which brought a slight smile to her face. "We make an incredible team, don't we?" she answered. As Miroru asked what had happened for her to be raised by grandparents, Uriko answered rather straightforwardly, "because my father was killed before I was born, and my mother died at childbirth. I still haven't figured out who killed my father, and I might never know, because my grandparents refused to tell me, and they're both dead now." The green haired kunoichi smiled and shrugged. "In any case, I've made peace with all that, so don't feel sorry for me." While the smile was more a resolved expression than a happy one, the mirth came into it when the redhead returned her compliment to her.

"Awww, thanks, Miroru-chan!"

-----------------------------

As the two kunoichi arrived at their destination, the expression on the face of the Hyuuga to whom they presented themselves was not lost on Uriko. Perhaps he was surprised at their coming, because he likely was responsible for the intended ambush they had met on the road. Still, the green haired girl was smart enough not to let show any indications that she suspected anything, instead, playing along with the chipper mood. "Unadulterated and unsealed!" Uriko echoed, pulling out the scroll from her utility pouch and handing it to the Hyuuga with a polite bow. "Here it is, Hyuuga-dono."

With that, they had accomplished their objective. Uriko would wait for the Hyuuga to acknowledge receipt of the scroll, and if he had no further business with them, they would return to the village... but perhaps not before doing a bit of sightseeing in Shihon.

Ronin has written 328 posts
When Things Go South [C-Rank Mission]Feb 28, 2023 9:19:13 GMT -5
Ren
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank occupation

Begrudginly as he seemed to accept the scroll with the news they were hoping to avoid for the time being, whoever this Hyuuga was, he seemed to try at least to keep a neutral expression and just go with the flow. "I see. Well, thank you for your hard work."the man said with a rather cold tone and a short sigh. Opening the scroll, he confirmed it indeed came with Shigure's orders to seize utilizing the caged bird seal, and the determination that branch members were no longer mere servants to the main house. After reading the scroll, the man's brows furrowed ever so slightly and he nodded, putting the scroll away in one of the pockets of his flak jacket. "Very well. Seems like those are orders from our young leader. It shall be done, as it is his wish. You may go now." the man said.

He truly seemed to have somehow accepted the new orders, even though they clearly bothered him by the look on his face. Still, better than what they had to deal with before, with other members of the main house. Maybe because this one was older and more experienced, he had the wisdom to understand that with their plot foiled, acceptance would be the better path to follow. The two kunoichi had properly concluded their mission.

Word Count: 227

MISSION COMPLETED

last edit by Ren on Feb 28, 2023 9:19:35 GMT -5
Ren has written 286 posts