compose a reply
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 28, 2022 17:21:07 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 19 years old birthday July 21st rank B-Rank occupation Swordsmith
Masamune?

Waiting... he was sick and tired of the constant waiting.

Eight years, four months, sixteen days. That's how long it had been since he last stepped foot in his homeland. "Since they took everything from us..." his inner voice seethed, the words echoing throughout his busy mind. Currently the young man was seated on the floor of his rented room at a local ryokan a few hours across the border of the Land of Iron. His back was against the window. This inn was out of the way enough that he could make a quick exit if things went south. But more importantly... it was allegedly frequented by samurai.

A large bandaged hunk of gear lay in the corner of the room alongside a sheathed katana leaning against a wall. Darker thoughts were put on hold as a knock at the door to his room broke his focus. "Masamune-dono?" sang a youthful woman's voice. Quiet and sweet. "More guests are arriving now... will you be joining us downstairs?" A few muffled footsteps later and the door slid open to reveal a brunette hostess who took a step back upon seeing his smiling face. "Please, no -dono's." He'd closed his eyes to grin. If he hadn't he was afraid he wouldn't be able to mask his hate. "Fudo is fine." She opened her mouth to speak but he was faster. "I'll have the usual, please." The woman nodded and smiled warmly back before excusing herself down the hallway. Slowly his smile wilted... leaving only a steely scowl in its wake.

Minutes later he descended the stairs to the communal dining area dressed in a dark blue yukata kept closed with a white sash. Shoes of course were not allowed instead being left at the entryway. Outside the cold wind howled but several hearths kept the place warm along with residual heat from the natural hotsprings out back. Inside was downright cozy. If he'd been here under different circumstances he might have half enjoyed himself. The hostess showed him to a back corner of the room where a place was set for him at a small table. As they walked he nodded at greeted the other guests 'warmly'.  Once he was seated he preceded to pour himself a choko of what looked to be sake. "To you, Ayame-san." Raising his cup to the hostess he downed it in a single swig before sighing in relief. She giggled lightly before taking her leave to attend to other guests. Wordlessly he removed a small black book tucked in his sash and opened it, scrawling in its pages with an artists' pencil. All this way he had traveled and yet still. Even more waiting.
Yenga has written 624 posts
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 28, 2022 19:23:47 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 27 years old birthday August 14 rank A-Rank occupation Geisha
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG -

NOTES -
Ryuujin Shiina had left her short black dress and high-heeled boots tonight, instead swapping it with the ever so sophisticated silky dark purple kimono with golden embroidery. The kimono was tied together tightly by a gold and black silk sash, the bow she had made nestled nicely behind her. She had opted this attire for a ryokan visit, one of many she had had since her time as a neukenin. Her kimono was gifted to her by a wealthy man, whose name she could barely remember now. The only thing she remembered of him was their encounter. He had been flaunting his riches at a bar, they had crossed paths and he was drawn not only to her beauty but to her intellect. From her memory, he was some kind of diplomat of a minor nation, and vaguely recalled being from the Land of Iron. He had become so infatuated with the woman that he bought her a kimono at one of the finest tailors at the time, each inch of fabric costed more than any number she could even begin to think of.

She had enjoyed that night, as it gave her a lot of insight into where he came from and who he was.

Did she particularly enjoy his company? No.

In fact, he had been a middle-aged man, who wanted nothing more than a piece of her when the night was done. But of course, given the smoothness and wit of the Ryuujin, all he got was a big whole in his coin purse and a stomach full of sake. She thirsted and hungered for information, but never at a cost of her dignity as a woman nor as a shinobi. Tonight, she had come to the Land of Iron to see what other information she could extract from other people in the land. If this place could foster a fool as that man, she was certain there were others where he came from. Dressed in the kimono, she walked slowly towards an inn. It wasn't the most expensive nor extravagant of establishments, but it was a busy place, from what she could tell.

"Hello, welcome! Would you like to stay the night?" The woman at the entrance greeted Shiina all too warmly. She wasn't at all unaccustomed to such hospitality, but somehow tonight she wasn't exactly feeling the kindness at is purest. Shiina merely nodded her head, her golden brown eyes cast on the giant banquet hall-like area where everyone seemed to gather. "While we get a room ready for you, why don't you take a seat somewhere over there? We will serve a drink for you while you wait." The hostess seemed genuinely cheerful, to which she could only nod her head again. "I'll take a hot sake, please." That was all she could muster, taking off the fur overcoat that hung over her kimono while she looked for an empty table.
MADE BY MIZO
Nue has written 269 posts
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 29, 2022 11:18:14 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune?

Sounds of someone arriving could be heard though he took care not to look up too quickly or expectantly.

Once he finally did his dark gaze was immediately drawn to the person who had entered the establishment. "Wow..." A genuine reaction, probably the most honest he'd been since he crossed the border. She was, in a word, captivating. Like something out of a painting. And dressed like she knew it. She was older than him certainly, but not because of how she looked... it was how she carried herself. The air about her. A woman. Completely.

He didn't want to stare overlong so his eyes drifted back down to his book, his pencil swishing just barely audible over the crackling of the nearby hearth. As he continued his sketch he couldn't help but overhear the newcomer order some hot sake. "Their atsukan is wonderful." he commented, eyes still on his book. "I prefer reishu, I have some here if you'd like to try." The young man paused his work to reach for the tokkuri, pouring some delicately into a second cup before sliding it across the table from himself and gesturing to it with his hand. "Not quite as warm but the flavor is fuller." His tone of voice was quiet but confident. Half a smile graced his face as he looked to the woman once more. Whether she accepted was of course up to her he just had to take care not to get too distracted. It seemed the people he'd been waiting for had yet to arrive. And he needed to be alert when they did.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Dec 29, 2022 11:25:12 GMT -5
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 29, 2022 13:53:58 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG -

NOTES -
The sound of a voice interrupted her thoughts. The ryokan staff retreated with her order of hot sake, while Shiina turned to acknowledge the person who was speaking. It seemed he was somewhat of a alcohol fan, or at least knew a thing or two about sake. It had been awhile since she had heard the terms 'atsukan' and 'reishu' come from the mouth of a person other than an owner of ryokan or bars. This somewhat peaked her interest, as she heard him extend an invitation to her to try some of his reishu. She got up from her chair, walking gracefully towards the table the man was sitting at, all the while invested in two things: him and his reishu. The man dressed in a dark blue yukata, one she assumed was provided by the establishment. He seemed to be writing or drawing in a small black book.

Was he an artist?

"I suppose I will take your invitation," the woman bowed her head slightly, before taking a seat opposite him without even waiting for an invitation. She signaled to one of the standing waiters for another sake cup, extending her hand out to the bottle on the table to pour them both a drink. "I wouldn't want to pass on such a generous offer." Shiina observed the man opposite her with interest. From what she could see, he seemed to be just like any other patron in the building, and yet have an air to him of startling difference. An interesting individual indeed...

She proceeded to pour some reishu into his cup, before pouring some into another that was brought to her. Contrary to the texture and smoothness of atsukan, she understood that reishu provided more volume, further enhancing the experience with every sip that was different from that of its warm counterpart. Where hot sake soothed and warmed, this version was much more strong but satisfying; an entirely new experience to a hot sake drinker. She threw back her head, the cup raised to her lips as she took in the drink in one graceful sip, a smile parting them when she put down her cup. "This is indeed some good reishu...It's not very often that I find someone who knows their drink as well as you seem to..." her voice was melodic and low, her golden-brown hues staring straight into the face of the stranger, as though trying to see within his soul.
MADE BY MIZO
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 29, 2022 16:49:30 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune?

His half smile remained as the woman replied. Any more smirking and he'd pull a muscle. Those ones didn't get much use in his day-to-day life.

Coyly she accepted his inferred invitation to which he gestured once more with his hand. "Please do." And he watched as she took her place across from him. The woman mentioned not being able to turn down his offer and his gaze followed her hands as she poured. "What good is fine sake without fine people to share it with?" A line if he'd ever said one. Normally he would never dream of it but today he was not himself. Today he was Masamune Fudo. A distinguished swordsmith from a respectable family of artisans with exquisite taste.

Now that his nose was out of his book and she hade moved closer he was even more amazed. "Dangerous." He half-jokingly mused to himself. It was a good thing he was making a point not to stare too long. He could easily see how one could get lost admiring a beauty such as her. He glanced down again to his book, making a few final swishes as she poured the drinks. Once he was done he closed the book and set it on the table beside his cup. His attention now whole he reached for his cup and observed as she took the rice wine down in one graceful drink. He raised his cup, toasting her before taking a long sip.

"Nothing like it. I grew up surrounded by the stuff." he said, closing his eyes momentarily in 'delight'. The woman spoke again, her voice easily as alluring as her visage. She talked of sake and taste to which he nodded, reopening his eyes to finally meet hers. "I could say the same of you." Lifting his cup once more he took in the aroma of the drink. "My palate isn't as refined yours I'm sure, but I'd never deny it opportunity to... expand." Cheeky. He did not like this character of his. Unfortunately his dealings in the Land of Iron meant today wouldn't be the last time he played this part. To say that any interest she had wasn't mutual would be a lie. Sights besides she too stood out from the crowd with her presence alone. Her honeyed eyes were locked on his face seemingly searching for something. His own dark irises doing the same with her. Something about her was telling him 'trouble' but... he didn't mind. Perhaps his air spoke the same. With such prolonged eye contact she might notice a hint of sadness behind his eyes. As decent of an actor as he was that was one thing he couldn't hide. "Huh..." For a moment he thought... maybe... he spotted something similar in hers?

More travelers arrived and he glanced over. "Right on cue." he thought, shaking his head afterwards in feigned surprise. "Where are my manners?" The question posed to himself was seemingly answered as he gently extended his hand to the woman in greeting. "Masamune Fudo." His introduction was short and to the point. But like all things with 'Fudo' there was more. "Whom do I have the pleasure of sharing cups with tonight?" The ryokan was relatively quiet so their voices carried a ways. Just as he'd hoped. There was still time yet before his plan would be put into play so in the meantime he would oblige his curiosity. He held her gaze and continued to smirk as he waited for a response. 
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 30, 2022 11:01:17 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES -
To say that perhaps she had met her match in coyness and personality was an understatement, as the young woman poured herself and her companion another drink. There was something about the air of this man, who by now had introduced himself as Fudo, that was very different than most. It would take Shiina awhile to realize that the difference was actually in similarity, as they both shared the similar desire to hide behind a character that wasn't their own. But of course, for the time being, she would merely be content without this knowledge, and treat the man opposite her as a mere lover of alcohol. "Ran, my name is Ran." She would say equally as simply, in answer to him introducing himself. "Fudo-san, an interesting name..." she raised cup to her lips, "I wouldn't say my palette is any more refined than those who frequent places such as this one..." she commented, all the while staring at him. "I only enjoy what suits my taste, is all."

And of course the bustling of other travelers slowly trickling in to the ryokan would not go unnoticed to the woman. She tilted her head slightly in their general direction. "I wonder what these people are doing..." she spoke more to herself than to Fudo. "It's always interesting to gage the stories of strangers, wonder what brought them to a specific place and why..." Shiina was a fan of people watching, perhaps heavily influenced by her desire to learn from those around her. It was only through observation and imagination that she perfected the tricks of the trade, so to speak. "What brings you here, Fudo-san?" She turned her attention to the man, noting that he had now finished whatever he was doing in his book. "...And what were you drawing in your book, if you don't mind me asking? It couldn't be a drawing of that young hostess you raised your glass to earlier, could it?" Her voice held a hint of playfully as she teased the man, knowing full well that he probably hadn't been doing that.

"Through the years of my travels, I've become accustomed to trying different wines, liqueurs and everything else in between. Even though I wasn't surrounded by it from a young age, it grew on me..."

The hostess then came with her atsukan, the flask made of the finest porcelain of white and blue. She poured both Shiina and Fudo a cup before retreating once more, placing the sake bottle over a low fire so as to keep it always warm. "Ah, it seems the hot sake has arrived, would you care to join me in a toast?" The purple-haired woman raised her cup carefully. "To new acquaintances." That much was true; even though she had been here many times, each time she was able to meet someone new, someone of interest. She only hoped that there was more to this man than what met the eye...
MADE BY MIZO
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 30, 2022 13:31:26 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune?

'Fudo' arched an eyebrow at her name, shooting her a sly look.

Curious. "Ran-san?" he repeated, his smile growing just slightly. A name that meant 'chaos' or 'turmoil'. "I thought you looked like trouble." It was a joke but carried some truth as well. What was life after all without a little excitement? He watched as she lifted her cup and spoke of palates. She enjoyed what suited her taste? "To fine taste, then." Raising his own cup to his lips he sipped some more of the sake.

As her attention shifted to the newcomers his did too. Ran mused about the stories of strangers and the 'Masamune' boy nodded. "A good story's worth more than ryō." he commented thinking on his own experiences. He too was quite the observant one. A necessity for his machinations. One could learn plenty just by closing their mouths and opening their ears. Fortunately for listeners like themselves the opposite was usually the case. The woman asked him what brought him here and he smirked again before setting down his cup. "Only passing through on my way to deliver a commission." Like all good falsehoods there was a bit of truth mixed in. He was here for a transaction. A delivery for a price. Next she inquired about his book which prompted a small chuckle from him. Was he taking down the hostess' likeness? "No, not yet anyway. Perhaps I should? Ayame-san is quite the inspiration." the last part he said a little louder and raised his cup to toast the young woman. Even from across the hall he could see her cheeks redden at his compliment. "Though... some muses are just more picturesque." As his eyes returned to Ran they narrowed ever so slightly, looking her up and down. Just for a moment. He grabbed his book with his free hand and thumbed it open, holding it up for her to see. The page appeared to be a blueprint for a katana. Broken down anatomically and including measurements and various concept designs for the tsuba, ito, kashira, and saya. "A draft for my latest piece... usually I hold off on naming a blade until I finish the forge but this one feels special. Any ideas?" Placing his cup down once more he rested his now free hand on his face and stared at the woman softly.

Though the volume at which they spoke was low it was clear some of the other travelers overhead bits and pieces of their discussion. Two of the newcomers Ran would have clocked carried swords of their own and seemed to whisper amongst themselves after this exchange. 'Fudo' listened to the woman speak of her experiences. Traveling, trying new things. He could relate. His own rambling was never quite so romanticized... but he was starting to get the impression that he was not alone on that front despite her words. Regardless, he was thoroughly intrigued. The hot sake arrived and was poured into their empty cups. Ran asked if he'd like to toast but before he could offer one she beat him to it. His flirty smile held as he set his open book down on the table. "New acquaintances." he echoed, sipping lightly from the cup after she had. He swirled the drink around in his cup a few times before a question came to mind. "Where are you from Ran-san? I'd hear of your travels." he paused for a moment, smirking as he realized it sounded more like a demand. "If you don't mind me asking." Parroting her earlier phrasing he would then wait. What now?
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 31, 2022 0:19:32 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES -
She couldn't help but smile at this Fudo's mannerisms. It was not a mocking smile, but one of genuine interest. She could tell from the way he spoke that she was dealing with was one of quite high intellect, even though there hadn't really been any substantial conversation to really illustrate this. Shiina nodded her head and teasingly smiled as he playfully agreed with her about drawing the hostess. "She does indeed make some eyes turn..." she whispered. "Although I am wondering if I would make the cut to be drawn in your book..." The Ryuujin was only half joking, although there was a hint of truth behind the joke. She raised an eyebrow when he did turn his notebook to show her the image of a katana he was drawing, asking her for a name for it. "I am admittedly not the best at coming up with names for weapons..." she mused, recalling the fact that she hadn't named any of her own weapons. "What are the functions of this katana? As in, how would you like to use it? Perhaps we can think of a name based on its functionality more than its appearance?"

And then he would go on to inquire about her travels. Although she had been asked this question a lot throughout her neukenin years, she hadn't really answered in a straightforward manner. Shiina couldn't really tell Fudo that she was a missing nin from Kumogakure, especially since she practically knew nothing about the man himself. After a moment's thought, she chose her words carefully before responding. "My travel stories aren't really that interesting, if I must be brutally honest. I have traveled the lands for a few years now. I was first motivated by a search of knowledge for tea leaves, which seems to be quite boring to most people. Although I hardly call myself a botanist, I am as interested in tea and everything around it as I am alcohol." At least this wasn't a lie, despite having to withhold the most important and perhaps controversial parts to the story.

She took another drink of sake to calm her nerves a little as she continued. "I was always interested in tea ceremony, or at least the art of it, since I have stayed at ryokan for a good many years now." Shiina then turned her attention back to Fudo, wondering what had brought him here precisely. "You say that you're here to deliver a commission? I am quite intrigued!" She wasn't sure what he was referring to. "If you wish to tell me more about this, of course." She had noted his politeness and returned the favor. She waved at one of the hostesses for another bottle of reishu. The hot sake had served the purpose of warming her body and now she was craving more reishu. "Will you join me in another drink?"
MADE BY MIZO
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 31, 2022 5:39:33 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune?

Ran's elegant smile caught his eye which he could not avert.

It seemed as if she was enjoying herself and in truth he was too. Regardless of the truth or lack thereof in their words she was a fantastic sparring partner. "Oh?" His reply as she questioned her worthiness of being drawn. "I think..." his words trailed off as his face bloomed into as charming of a smile as he could manage. "You could just be my masterpiece." Internally the young man was banging his head against the walls of his own mind. Although... perhaps there was truth in even that. She was the very image of beauty. A portrait of hers would be a rare treasure indeed.

Ran mentioned not having an aptitude for weapon names and a small chuckle escaped his lips. "It is quite pretentious, no?" His eyes wandered once more to his open book. "Sadly tradition's roots run deep here in my homeland. All the best blades have names." She asked of the katana's purpose and 'Fudo' paused, shooting her a warm glance. "Ceremonial. A work of great beauty deserving to be treated with care and displayed for all to see." As he spoke he shifted his gaze a few times between Ran and the page. A self-satisfied look soon spread over his face and he jotted something down in kanji. The swordsmith listened as she insisted her travels were not interesting and divulged a fascination with tea leaves and the tea ceremony. "Not boring at all." He interjected, finishing his writing and turning his gaze once more to her. "Tea leaves can tell one's future." His expression went deadpan for a prolonged silence before his sly smirk returned. "Or some believe, anyway. Seems we share an interest in flora as well." He would remark as he slid his book a ways across the table, flipping to earlier pages that displayed detailed drafts of local plant life. The cherry blossom was noticeably written about and analyzed in messy handwriting. Almost too much so. "The Way of Tea is fascinating indeed." Concurring with her interest was genuine on his part. "I sympathize with your search for knowledge. Seeking out the unknown is something every person should strive to do." His eyes fell upon her face once more. "A woman after my own heart."

Soon he would slide his book back over. Ran asked next about his commission and he responded as he glanced at the pages. "I'm here to deliver a katana I forged to a powerful man." he spoke, thinking over his next words carefully. "An official of some sort... I'm not actually sure of his title." As he opened his mouth to agree to her offer of drink two men approached their table, sheathed katana in hand. His eyes shifted to them immediately and the smile Ran had caused faded. "You speak of swords and mock our traditions." One of the men spoke, the older of two who wore an ornate pale yellow kimono and a topknot with a shaved head. "Name yourself." The samurai's hand rested on the hilt of his sword but he remained deathly still. 'Fudo' gazed at the younger man who seemed near his age and had short brown hair. He was garbed in burgundy and looked a bit nervous but put on a brave face nonetheless.

A long silence occurred, other guests surely observing. The swordsmith simply shifted his posture, cradling his face with a hand as he closed his eyes. Smiling. "Seems I wasn't loud enough earlier since you were listening. My name is Masamune Fudo." Another silence. The older swordsman squinted at him, searching his face and then seemingly searching his own mind as his eyes widened. In what could only be described as complete deference he put his arms down and bowed his head, nudging his companion to do the same. "My deepest apologies, Masamune-dono! I did not recognize one from such an esteemed family." A small laugh sounded out as he waved his free hand back and forth. "No need for all that, I am no lord like you two. And please, just call me Fudo." As he finished speaking the lids of his eyes opened just slightly... and for a brief moment his true intentions poked through. If Ran was watching she might have noticed. Just a flicker, a passing second. But there was hatred in his stare. Deep-rooted and all-consuming. It quickly left as he looked to the woman across from him. "What do you think Ran-san? Should we invite these noble protectors to join us?" The bait was set. If she agreed then perfect. If not? Later would do.
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 31, 2022 12:58:47 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES -
She became more and more curious of this man. He held similar characteristics to another swordsman she had met in her travels, but his teasing gaze and words were not as apparent as the other man. He was definitely more refined in both aspects and for some odd reason, the woman appreciated it more than she willed herself to let on. Shiina smiled as he reconsidered his katana drawing, scribbling down some kanji in his notebook. "I see you have decided what to name it..." she became attentive as he once again showed her his notebook, this time of images of cherry blossoms. "Great minds think alike, Fudo-san." Even though she had told him only seconds earlier that she was no botanist, cherry blossoms and orchids were the two flowers she had dedicated much of her time to researching.

"I see, how interesting..." She wondered if this person was a shinobi, delivering a katana to an official seemed like a shinobi kind of job. Having been a neukenin for far too long, the woman had almost forgotten what it felt like to take on missions for a country or a village. Those were some of her more glorious days, as some of the smaller nations were bound to remember her 'work' even to this day. She didn't press the man any further though, knowing that if he wanted, he would speak of himself at due course. Any further questions would be borderline prying, and that was not the art that Shiina had picked up through her many years of travel. She was saved from starting another conversation though, as at that moment the voices of two people interrupted them.

She remained silent throughout the entire exchange between who she could see were clearly samurai and Fudo. It was beyond question how much of her curiosity heightened simply through the exchange of words. The two men turned their adamance to fear at the mere sound of Fudo's name. It would seem that he came from nobility...which decreased his chances of being a shinobi pertaining to a particular village, at least. Throughout her travels she had met nobility shinobi from prestigious clans by and large, and yet the man sitting across from her didn't resonate to that image at all. "Of course, I wouldn't mind..." She lowered her sake cup from her lips, her eyes meeting his the moment he had shown the intentions of a killer.

It wouldn't go unnoticed of course, the flicker of intent that seeped through his façade. It was slight and lasted for only two seconds, but an observant woman would never allow even that second to not be accounted for. This made her think whether he too was like her, how that hatred that showed through came to be. But she also knew that this was only the beginning of their acquaintance and that what she would need was more effort and time before he would be comfortable with her, enough to disclose his deepest and darkest secrets. Until then, she would continue to sip her sake and watch from a bystander's point of view, what was about to unfold.
MADE BY MIZO
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 31, 2022 22:16:26 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune?

A soft smile returned to his face upon hearing the woman's words.

She noticed his sly expression as he wrote down a name and he nodded. "Inspiration struck." was all he said, teasing just a bit. If she was curious he might tell her. Ran said that great minds thought alike as she looked at his drawings. Neither of them may have been experts on botany but where she had her tea leaves he had his use for specific flowers. Dangerous ones. His delivery serving as a point of interest for Ran he rocked his head slightly in indifference. "In a way... it lets me enjoy the finer things at least." Facetious to the last. 'Fudo' took note of her watchful eye but only offered a coquettish smirk in return. Truthfully she was spot on in her observations. He was a decent actor when needed but there were certain things one could not hide. The air of nobility did not follow him. And the thin, fresh scar on the left side of his forehead told a different story than the one he had given.

Opting for the 'Yes, and...' approach Ran chose to proceed with this new venture. "Excellent." he gestured to empty to spots at their table. "Please." Up until this point he had ignored them in favor of conversing with his new acquaintance. Hopefully they didn't mind. She was better company. "You are too kind, Masamune-dono." The older samurai bowed once more before taking a seat next to Ran while the younger sat next to him. Both carefully rested their swords next to them on the floor. 'Fudo' held up two fingers in the air to the hostess and soon more cups were brought. "Now we begin." he thought, pouring the newcomers full cups from his reishu and offering them while he leaned back and observed. "So, honorable friends... what brings you to this ryokan?" The older samurai drank swiftly while the younger sipped slowly and coughed at the burn, looking sheepishly at Ran. "We return on business from our master, Minamoto Kazan. Perhaps you are familiar?" As he asked 'Fudo' felt a discerning gaze fall on him.

"Not as stupid as he looks." The thought occurred... but in matters of the mind the veteran was outmatched. "The Head of the Minamoto clan? I know of him of course but unfortunately haven't had the honor of his company." Seeming to pass this shoddy excuse for a sniff test the man nodded and the swordsmith refilled his own empty cup as well as the samurai's. "If I may ask my lords' names?" His own steely gaze was locked on the newcomers as the veteran bowed his head once more. "Hirohata Jinzashin, son of Hirohata Jinzakane. My kosho here is Mononobe Noriyaki." He glanced to the younger man. "Not talkative, Noriyaki-dono?" Since they had been seated he hadn't been able to take his eyes off of the woman which he could honestly sympathize with. Though the squire's gaze was much more apprehensive than his own. "I think you may have an admirer." The swordsmith teased, smiling once more as he looked to Ran. A muffled thump! could be heard as the older samurai harshly poked Noriyaki under the table with the hilt of his sword. 'Fudo' laughed lightly.

Time passed and he continued to pour more sake. Ran was sharp and would likely notice that while he was also drinking and making conversation it was nowhere near the same pace. Thus far he had managed to mask any ill... though as the minutes dragged on his inner self was like a wolf waiting to be released from its cage. At least he had a pretty new acquaintance to help distract him and ensure he didn't give away the game. The woman may not have known it but her presence alone was an immense help. A partner to play off of as well as an enticing lure for Noriyaki. Underneath the table 'Fudo' uncorked a small vial hidden in his sleeve and dipped a finger inside. Carefully he returned the cork and reached for Jinzashin's empty cup, placing his finger against the inside as he poured more of the sake with his left hand. Liquor washed against it mixing the two substances and he offered the man his cup back. "To new acquaintances." A toast. They drank.
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Dec 31, 2022 23:12:42 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES -
The young woman would continue to drink from her cup quietly. She was an innocent bystander, although she was certain just from the way Fudo was looking that the innocent bystander role was not going to be so innocent after all. Shiina knew exactly what was happening, especially because she too had pulled the same tactic, contrary to popular belief. She was all too familiar with the old trick of the trade and so even though she recognized what the man was doing, she decided to keep quiet, especially as fate had it, the younger of the two strangers took a special fancy to her. She noticed the young man's keen eyes on her, the way they were fixated, the slow form of a blush crossing his cheeks that had nothing to do with the alcohol. Eyeing Fudo, who seemed to be busy entertaining the other more sensible man.

Guess this one's mine? The woman smiled a little mischievously, almost a smirk as she picked up the sake bottle to pour the young man a drink. "I see you seem a little anxious. What's on your mind?" Her words were laced with the right amount of sweetness, an alluring whisper as she leaned close to his ear. "You want to talk about it?" She articulated every syllable, the whispering tone of her voice in his ear able to melt every muscle in his body. Shiina had trained and perfected this art for years, and it was always fun to play this game whenever she could. The young man stammered, unable to speak for a moment before clearing his throat. "W-Well you see..." he began to stammer, a sign of weakness that was like falling into a trap. "My lady....is beautiful, very beautiful, like the stars and the moon in the night sky."

"Well I suppose I must take the compliment, although I hardly think I can compare to the moon and the stars." She poured a cup of sake into his cup. "It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Noriyaki-dono...." She allowed herself to stress his title in her voice, all the while watching as his cheeks flushed like the color of a beetroot. "Let us have a drink, to celebrate this meeting. It was as though fate brought us together..." Each word she spoke was filled with deception but the man ate it up like a dessert. Shiina stole a couple of glances at Fudo and even winked at a certain point. The plan was going just fine, as she noticed some very suspicious but flawless movement from the man.

He's taking action!

Playing the innocent and ignorant, the woman raised her glass to the toast initiated by Fudo and downed her cup, making sure to watch as the other two emptied their cups. "Let us have some more then?" She smiled, noticing the color drain and expression change on the samurai's faces. This was going to end quicker than she anticipated. All the while her composure intact, Shiina merely continued to pour sake and to wait for the moment when all would end.
MADE BY MIZO
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Jan 1, 2023 1:04:08 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune?

Who ever said it was difficult to best a samurai?

Get them drunk or near beautiful women and they were as careless as any other fool. For now at least, the hard part was over. His sleight of hand was not detected by either of the samurai but... he was almost certain Ran had seen it. "Why didn't she say anything?" he thought, his smile having fading more as the time passed. 'Fudo' let his gaze wander to the woman, watching her work her charms on young Noriyaki. She knew how to play someone like a shamisen that was for sure.

Wobbling a bit, Jinzashin cast his eyes once more on 'Fudo'. "Masamune-dono... fforgive me b-but-" The man's words trailed off as he wobbled a bit. The poison he had slipped him was slow-acting. (Drowsiness Poison) To everyone else he was merely a lightweight. "I have... ssearchhed my mind since... meeeeting you... howwever I do not-" Another pause as he stopped himself from nearly falling. "R-recall... Maasamune Tsuuuyoka having a... havinga 'nnother sson." Huh. With Noriyaki thoroughly distracted he looked at the wavering man, a somewhat pitying expression taking hold on his face. "Even drugged this fool still puts up a fight." It was almost admirable. Almost. The swordsmith simply shook his head. "I'm no one quite as important as the son of Tsuyoka-sama. Merely a distant cousin." The older samurai went silent, deliberated for a while and nodded. 'Fudo' cradled his own face in hand once more and drank from his own cup. 

Before long the two were soused. Jinzashin was significantly wobblier as he was the only one dosed though the younger man wasn't faring too much better with Ran feeding him sake nonstop. The older samurai went to stand up and tumbled over. "Now's my chance." he thought, standing help him to his feet. "Let's take the fresh air Hirohata-dono, shall we?" Barely out and his words were vigorously accepted with several nods. He slung the man's arm around his shoulder doing his best to support his weight as he turned to his accomplice. "Ran-san... will you keep young Noriyaki here company?" It had gone on too long. The polite tone of his voice was wavering. Even calling him young was an insult, they had to be almost the same age and he seemed to have dropped any honorifics. Regardless of her answer he would make for the door with Jinzashin. "Like the stars and the moon in the night sky we shall return!" This little remark used up the rest of his patience. Stepping out into the winter air the two stumbled down the road. Away from any prying eyes.

ITEMS USED/PREPARED:

NAME: Nemuke Doku [Drowsiness Poison]
CLASSIFICATION: Supplementary.
DESCRIPTION:
A clear liquid poison with a sickly sweet taste. In small doses it can be used as a sleeping medication, in larger doses it can be a useful battlefield tool. It is most effective when ingested through the mouth or nose, and loses effectiveness when used to coat a tool.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

String Theory - E.C.C

Necessary for his Puppet Ninjutsu and applicable to his other techniques, Uemon has trained extensively in order to mitigate the amount of chakra he uses with his techniques. Compensating for his average chakra reserves this allows him to stay in the fight that much longer.

Puppetmaster - U.A.

A natural strategist with a quick mind, Uemon is always observing even in the midst of combat. This allows for him to find gaps and weaknesses in his opponent's techniques easier than some, and allows him to formulate strategies and deceptions to take advantage of these shortcomings. His knack for tactics cues him on which approach should work best depending on his target.

Ashizukai Footwork - E.P.T. (Speed)

Honed after years of fighting and training in jujitsu with samurai as a child in the Land of Iron, Uemon is surprisingly light on his feet and his hand-to-hand strikes are faster than most expect. Able to strike and weave with deft swiftness he is capable of holding his own against Taijutsu specialists of his rank and outright overwhelming those of lower ranks in a straight up slugfest.

last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 27, 2023 22:22:53 GMT -5
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Jan 1, 2023 1:35:27 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES -
Although Shiina had just met Fudo only moments prior to this sudden samurai interaction, it was as if they were the perfect little duo; she was the ying to his yang. While he was busy dealing with the loud and somewhat obnoxious one, she found it rather amusing to deal with the shy and bashful one. There was just something so nice and accomplished to be able to toy with a boy who didn't know when they were stepping onto a landmine. It was even nicer when that man could be easily obliterated into a thousand pieces, with each step he took guided by her. She wasn't a menace, but she was one that enjoyed a little bit of fun here and there. She hadn't expected the fun to come in this fashion though, and not on a night like this, but since it was served to her on a silver platter, she welcomed it with open arms.

"The pleasure is all mine..." she whispered at Fudo under her breath, the smirk now a little darker than it had ever been. Shiina was a bit more composed than Fudo, allowing the mask she wore on the regular to not slip regardless of emotion. This took years of practice, years that only came with experience. She didn't consider herself having quite perfected the art, but she was very proud of the progress she had made thus far. Pouring another cup of sake into the young man's cup, she watched with careful eyes with every sip he took. The alcohol content was quite high, given the richness of the substance. She too would empty her cup as well, smiling to herself while she glanced at Fudo and the other samurai heading to the door. Not at all taken aback by their sudden leave of absence, she focused on the target she had sitting next to her.

It was time to craft a narrative like no other.

She didn't hate samurai in particular, but she did hate the self-righteousness of some of them. As Noriyaki was almost at his limit, she knew she had to act quickly for this all to work. Shiina immediately feigned drunkenness, putting down her sake cup and looking at the boy with weary almost puppy-like eyes. "It's so hot here..." The girl was a master at acting; how often she had pretended to be drunk to get out of tight situations or to turn things in her favor. Her body began to sway as she began to tug at the collar of her kimono, her hands slowly reaching her obi. Of course, she wasn't going to undress, but she was going to give off that impression. Looking at the woman beside her, Noriyaki could tell instantly what she was planning to do, some of the drunkenness momentarily waning off. He was a samurai, wanting to protect the dignity of a lady. "Wait, Ran-san! What are you doing?" His voice was high-pitched as he grabbed onto her hand, stopping all movement. "Where is your room, let me take you there to rest."

Even though he himself was in no position to take anyone anywhere, he knew that if he let her stay here longer, she would embarrass herself and ruin her own reputation. She couldn't help but smile as she almost fell into his arms, her face hidden from view. She made a point to struggle, as though to want to release her hands from his grasp. "Hey you two over there, come give me a hand!" The man would call to the two hostesses standing near their table. The three of them carried a 'drunk' Shiina up the stairs, all the while she faked giggles, calling out Noriyaki's name. "Let's have more to drink, Noriyaki-dono!" This was all going according to her plan, and she could honestly say that she was almost enjoying every moment of it.
MADE BY MIZO
Ryokan Rendezvous [Private]Jan 1, 2023 4:03:20 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

As he and the samurai stumbled through the dark his eyes remained focused on the path ahead.

Jinzashin hummed an old tune as they walked, oblivious as to what was about to happen. 'Fudo' had long since lost his smile. His face was like stone. Cold wrath seethed just beneath the surface. He shot the man a piercing gaze. "There's a well just over here." As he spoke his voice had lost all its previous melody. Its warmth. "Over... here?" the man asked, shrugging himself away from the swordsmith clumsily. A meadow stood before them just past some thin saplings that still retained their leaves. It was funny. The dead of winter at night and he didn't even feel the slightest chill. The older samurai however was shivering as he stumbled forward past the brush. Somehow... he felt hot. "Right there." Reaching into his yukata the young man withdrew a scroll and let it fall open. "Be careful..." he began, resting his palm on a fūinjutsu seal with the kanji '蛇' on it. "There are snakes in the grass." A faint blue glow emanated from the seal. (Puppet Summoning Technique)

"But it's wint-" Before he could even blink a gargantuan tail crashed into Jinzashin at full force just as he turned around, cutting him off and sending him skipping across the ground. He looked more ragdoll than man as his body folded in on itself in motion. (Puppet Technique) Soon he slammed into a tree several meters away, leaving him in a bloody pile. Broken.

Pitiful. "Ma... sa... mu..." Try as he might the words could not come. The swordsmith shook his head as he approached, a massive shadow following behind silhouetting him as it slithered along the ground. "No." came his reply, menacing even at its low volume. As he neared the man he stood over him and looked down. It was in that moment Jinzashin saw the eyes of a man possessed. "Muramasa." A name that hung heavy in the night air. Bloodied and crumpled the samurai could do nothing except widen his eyes in complete shock. "Should have worn your armor tonight, my 'lord'." They were far enough from the ryokan that the event couldn't be heard except for perhaps a few distant thumps. Ran was on her own for now. But he did not fret. Because he could tell she knew how to handle herself... and because he had more pressing matters to attend to.

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

NAME: Kugutsu no Jutsu - [Puppet Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Puppetry]
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
The fundamental and most used technique of the style, Kugutsu no Jutsu allows a puppeteer the ability to use puppets in battle. While the degree in skill determines the number of puppets that can be controlled, for starters the user can control only one. By making near invisible strings of chakra from each of their ten fingertips and attaching them to their puppets they are able to control the puppet from various distances. However there is a delay between the puppeteers orders and the puppets movements, meaning puppet movement will not be instantaneous, and the response time increases based on distance.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:

NAME: Kugutsu Kuchiyose no Jutsu - [Puppet Summoning Technique ]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Puppetry]
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
A useful technique for puppeteers, it allows one to seal a puppet within a scroll and summon it at will on the battlefield. Depending on the scroll they seal it in, they can seal a number of puppets away at a time.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

String Theory - E.C.C

Necessary for his Puppet Ninjutsu and applicable to his other techniques, Uemon has trained extensively in order to mitigate the amount of chakra he uses with his techniques. Compensating for his average chakra reserves this allows him to stay in the fight that much longer.

Puppetmaster - U.A.

A natural strategist with a quick mind, Uemon is always observing even in the midst of combat. This allows for him to find gaps and weaknesses in his opponent's techniques easier than some, and allows him to formulate strategies and deceptions to take advantage of these shortcomings. His knack for tactics cues him on which approach should work best depending on his target.

Ashizukai Footwork - E.P.T. (Speed)

Honed after years of fighting and training in jujitsu with samurai as a child in the Land of Iron, Uemon is surprisingly light on his feet and his hand-to-hand strikes are faster than most expect. Able to strike and weave with deft swiftness he is capable of holding his own against Taijutsu specialists of his rank and outright overwhelming those of lower ranks in a straight up slugfest.