compose a reply
The Price of SilenceJan 7, 2023 2:38:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
The price of Silence

Time was a concept that rarely had a place when you awakened within a cell. It was even less important when you had grown used to such accommodations. How long had she been here? A week?...Months perhaps...

Considering the events that brought her here, Arashi would rise up from the barely covered bed, her clothes disheveled more so than usual as she drew her sleeve to cover her shoulder. Rubbing her head, she'd feel the sting of pain course through her thoughts like a hot impact, hitting her head in small but lingering amounts as she looked around her.

The room was familiar enough...she'd been here more than enough times to recognize it. The pale stone walls, the signs of claw marks etched into each brick. The smell of blood and sweat and the taste of iron on her mouth among other things. The lack of certain things certain didn't surprise her either, such as her boots for one, tattered as they were and her attire being loosened more than usual.

Releasing a soft breath, she'd feel the chill of the air as she began to recall what happened.

It had been right after she had decided to act as a diversion...to allow for Zakku to find the Fountain of Miracles. They had worked hard that entire day to get some clue as to it's location, only to realize that they would never get passed it's guarded position without creating a distraction. They wouldn't find it otherwise and they would never...have claimed the fabled wishes. Of course, she acted as the decoy..and it backfired in a way that only could have horrified her.

The Council...had threatened one of her dogs...as a means to make her stop and to once again...reclaim her like some mongrel.

What happened next...was the regular horrors that had started when she had come here when she was 8..

Testing....seals....fighting....and...being used...

Narrowing her eyes, the girl of 12 would rise up and begin to slam her fist against the door, screaming as she continued to pound against its surface. It didn't bring anyone, but it was enough to allow her to release her aggression. Just hitting anything right now was enough to do that. Though really, she wanted to face the bastard that kept doing this to her.

When she finally seemed to feel her voice fade, and her blood settled, her hands would shake as she held them against the side of her face, closing her eyes before walking back to the bed and sitting down once again. She'd draw her legs up to her chest, her head lowered into them as she did everything she could to not think.

To not remember how it felt....to not think of the walls that seemed to grow ever closer around her.

Was this going to be her life?

Just these walls and whatever it was that the Council wanted of her? Of being some tool to be used and manipulated?

Was this to be her hell?

Baring her teeth, the girl would then allow her thoughts to finally refocus, thinking about the wish. Her desire to just be normal.

"I wonder if he got his wish?"

Thinking on it, it began to become a bit of a sour victory knowing that someone once again got what they wanted and she didn't. Its bitter taste lay on her tongue and it almost prompted her to lash out as she kicked out her leg against a chair, causing it to fly and hit the wall.

Someone had to get a happy ending....but why not her? She shouldn't have let him follow her around! She should have just done it on her own. It was stupid! It was the very reason why she didn't bother with friends or people in general. All they did was get in her way and make things worse for her. She wouldn't have even done what she did if she hadn't been covering for him. Not that she'd say that.

In fact...they would have come for anyway....it wasn't as if she had done a good job of hiding herself in the least.

"Because I'm cursed...and I'm a weapon...they won't ever let me go..."

She'd mummer this, narrowing her vision as she looked to the door. It was possible that they were done now. Finally. Maybe she'd be released again in the morning. The chill of the air proved at it was at least night now. Meaning that someone would likely come and let her out once they...evaluated her. An excuse...though one was better than having her stay here any longer without alarming her parents.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
The Price of SilenceJan 7, 2023 17:56:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

Arashi continued to wait, though soon enough it felt as if there was indeed no one coming. The silence was almost eerie in a way. In fact, as she could recall, there was usually someone at least at the door. They would stand there like she was a criminal, just watching her or at the very least, ensuring that she didn't do anything outlandish. Which often was the case. It was how she often got out of here. Or at least, she liked to tell herself that.

With her sense of claustrophobia already at an all-time high, she'd finally frown before approaching the door once more as she beat her hand against it.

"Hey! I know ya out there! I should at least be getting somethin to eat right!? Hello!?"

In yelling once more, she'd sniff the air and realize that the smell of blood that she had picked up before...was still there. Not only that, but it was stronger out in the passageway than it had been in her room.

"Okay...that isn't right..."

Her expression grew wider as she then turned the doorknob. It was unlocked...

"Yea...definitely not right..."

As she pushed the door open, she'd slowly creep outward into the hall, looking to the side to see what looked to be an empty chair. Her expression held confusion at this sight, though it proved that her guard wasn't at his post. The ache in her body hadn't gone away, but the expansion of space did wonders for her feeling less trapped. Looking down each path, the directions in which she had to choose were two. One seemed to lead toward the stairwell, likely taking her to the surface and to freedom. Though the other, seemed to hold the strongest odor. The one that was reeking of blood.

The smart thing would have been for her to leave without any regard to what was going on. In fact, it honestly would have been the easiest decision she had ever made in her life.

"It ain't my problem...probably unleashed somethin they couldn't handle...serves em right..."

Her hands resting at her side, she'd continue to turn to make her way toward the stairs, stopping short as she reflected for a moment. Whatever was done here, clearly was causing a lot of bleeding. Though how would it even know to be here in the first place? This location was secret and isolated. It wasn't a place that could be accessed by anyone. What if it got loose?

Her face twisted slightly, hearing that voice in her head telling her to screw it and just leave. But...in the end, she'd pout before turning the other way and making her way down the hall.

"Fuck it! Ugh! I'm a tool alright..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 7, 2023 19:01:18 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

"A tool and our village's greatest asset..."

The councilmen would seem to surround the room before Arashi as she sat there at the center of it. The young girl was hardly any older than she was present, though she had only now been told of her second release into the world once more. With the usual warning of the importance of her role. Honestly, it was like listening to her father preach. Not that she saw the man much. Honestly, it was the very reason she was here, due to the fact that this time she had attempted to leave the village completely.

"You can not assume anything can be gained by your behavior or your lack thereof in such matters. The council and I have spent years preparing you..."

"Raping me...."

The comment had prompted the group to grow quiet, allowing Arashi to look at them with a narrowed expression.

"I don't know how you've been doing it...I don't know why you've been doing it...maybe some of ya just get a kick outta it...I don't care...but I know what you've been doing..."

Her stare was cold as it seemed to only become more of a glare as she remained seated, her hands clenched as she bared her teeth at them.

"This village...the people...you...can all go to hell and die...do you hear me? JUST FUCKING DIE!!!"

------------------------

Arashi would remain silent as she kept running, her eyes narrowed as she turned into the next corridor, looking past what seemed to be more cells. Empty of course, but they seemed to hold traces of the people and animals that had once been in them. It wasn't surprising in truth. Considering what her training had consisted of, a lot of what went down here couldn't have been by popular decision. Just the council doing whatever the hell they wanted.

As she stopped at another crossroads, her head would turn in the next direction, seeing a faint flicker of light as it seemed to disappear behind a corner. Frowning the girl would do the same, her back placed against the side of one of the cells, waiting in the darkness as she could movement continue in her direction. In preparing to pass her, the girl would rush out, her body slamming up against the figure as they slumped down against the wall, prompting her to stand over them as she looked down at them.

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 7, 2023 22:25:39 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

"Odai-sama..."

Arashi would look down at the panicked individual, traces of crimson staining his robes as he looked upon the girl in terror before then scrambling to rise up as he looked from one side to the next. His face was pale white, blue eyes scanning the area as he then attempted to pick up the torch that had fell from his hand to get a better look at the girl that was looming over him.

"No...no! They won't stop! They won't stop! We...we only followed what Shirogane said! He told us that we were doing what was right! He agreed! We all agreed!"

Her face twisted a bit before seeing coming to the conclusion that he either did not see her, or was completely off his rocker. Either way, her expression remained calm as the rather thick male would crawl back to his feet, the light of the flame keeping his face before her as he seemed to finally stop to recognize her.

"You! They'll stop if they see you! You can end this! Please! Save us! We don't deserve this! You must!"

His hand taking hold the girl, Arashi would feel her barrier buffer him off, knocking him against the wall as he slumped to the ground. His head bleeding from the impact, the frightened elder would grasp his chest before then scampering forward like a wild animal, his body disappearing into the hall and his lingering light fading as Arashi watched him flee.

"Guess that answers one question on my mind...whatever they did...their gettin what they deserve..."

Looking toward the direction in which Odai-sama had come from, the blood smell seemed to originate from its destination. If whatever was happening was carving its way through the council, it was likely that their wouldn't be many of them left if at all.

"I gotta at least..."

JUST FUCKING DIE!!!

Her words rang out in her head, hitting her with a bolt of energy, though she'd soon shake herself from it as she recalled the mention of Councilman Shirogane

Shirogane was the man who....

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 8, 2023 19:15:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

Moment Music

"I just wanna go home...."

The small child would lay upon the mattress as she looked toward the wall, her eyes closed and her body curled into a ball as a figure seemed to sit beside the bed. Keeping her vision cut from her surroundings, the girl would listen as she then opened her vision narrowly as a man in a hood spoke to her.

"We aren't capable of doing that at the moment Arashi-san...after the events at the academy...it has been shown that you are incapable of controlling your emotions and thus need to remain here..."

Rising up, the girl would sit on her knees as she looked at the man with an upset expression.

"But it wasn't my fault! They were picking on me!"

"You are a tool that should be more than able to deal with childish taunts. You instead reacted and thus nearly killed someone and then almost did harm to your class...."

Looking down the child would remain quiet as she spoke softly.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to..."

"A part of you did...and that is what we wish to use. But for the moment...we will need to begin again..."

"No!"

The girl would scream at him, turning back once more as she looked away as she lay in the bed once more.

"I want my mommy and daddy!"

The hooded man would rise up from his seat, his hand aglow as he began to speak once more, creating a seal.

"I have spoken with your parents...and they understand the situation. They know that it is best that we continue this process without their interference...but for now..."

In his words, the girl would feel a tingle as her eyes began to grow dazed, her body growing limp as touch began to move across her lower back and the words came as she began to fall asleep.

"Rest..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 10, 2023 5:20:27 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

Memories were often the price of silence...she remembered reading that once...

They often came in the form of dreams and nightmares, but they remained when you allowed yourself to say nothing and pretend. But was it better to pretend or to be honest? The fact was that whatever they had done, it was clear to her that it was something internal and that it wasn't easily capable of being fixed. Even if she did, she hadn't the experience or the knowledge to press the issue or try and resolve it herself. At worse, no one would believe her...

Her parents, as influential as they were, could not stand against a council that held their position of power for more than two decades and through nearly three Kages. To make a claim against them would likely just end with both of them being removed from their positions and her family once again put into a situation of poverty. She couldn't let Set go through that again...not when they had finally had a home and her father might actually be capable of doing something...maybe not for her, but she didn't need him to get by.

There was also the fact that her word was a good as mud. No one would believe the Beast child. The village saw her as much of a monster as the One Tails, and half of them were scared to death of her. Anything she brought to them would have been thrown out and she'd have no proof to back it up.

Standing there, remembering this fact, the girl would once more smell the blood in the air, similar to a strong fragrance, causing her to realize her frozen demeanor and the biting of her lip. As what felt like the dampness of tears along the side of her cheeks, the girl would use her sleeve to wipe them away, causing her to push through as she began to race forward.

"I have to see it for myself...I have to know..."

If this being was truly that much of a threat, then she had to at least see it for herself. If anything else, there was a small part of her that wanted to see just what it was doing and if the Council could indeed take them. If not, it proved just how far she'd have to reconsider the more murderous thoughts in her head. Though the path seemed to wind and spin in a circle, leading further and further from the familiar. It took her into more dark and cramped spaces, more narrow halls and stone walls. She began to struggle to breath, but she fought the urge to vomit as the smell just continued to push her to see just what was so dangerous to cause a grown man to run in horror.

When she finally began to see light, she'd begin to squeeze her way through an open slit between two pillars of stone, the surface of it seemingly freshly cut. As she stumbled, she'd fall out into the area and see what had indeed created the aroma.

Bodies....

Torn...lifeless...bodies...

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 15, 2023 23:49:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

Scattered flesh and bodies seemed to fill the room and the smell was so fresh that it felt as if she were within the middle of a market. The taste of iron fumed from her nostrils and onto the surface of her tongue, which almost made her feel like she'd vomit from the sight alone. But it only seemed to make her gag. It wasn't unusual to see such level of carnage from a wild animal or even more so from just nature. Shinobi were exposed to such things to a degree at the academy and it helped to build a bit of a stomach for it. But even she was newly unaware of just how much it might affect her to be this close to it. There was little sign of any remorse of even consideration to just what degree in which these people died.

But it was at least clear enough that these had indeed been people. More than that...they had been people of considerable importance.

It had been the council...

Moving forward, Arashi was weary of just where she stepped, her hands resting at her sides as she took stock of what surrounded her. Whoever had done this at least had kept it within this room and nothing more. Wherever they were, these tunnels were clearly deep enough to keep people from hearing anything. Not to mention walking in uninvited. It at least confirmed what the fleeing man had said. This had been an invited event, but one that ended in a massacre for those in attendance. As she continued to survey the room, she'd make out much of the scene with horror in her expression, yet did her best to remain calm as she imagined that this sort of thing was deserved. Or that was what she had reasoned to herself.

Otherwise, how the hell was she to take this?

These people weren't any kind of leaders she'd follow and in the pit of her stomach, she couldn't have been any less upset at their deaths even if she tried. Yet, there was someone that seemed to be missing from all this. That was her thought until she saw them in the corner of the room.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 17, 2023 11:08:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

Shirogane laid against a wall, his body slumped, head lowered. His chest crushed in as though impacted with enough weight to build upon him. The land had been one of the longest-living elders in the village's history. Perhaps at one-time living proof that a man could survive on venom alone in their veins. As she approached him, there was a bitter taste that stayed on her lips as she knelt down and looked him over. At one point, she had trusted him to teach her, to help her, to make this situation better in some way. He had been an evil bastard and had done things to her that she couldn't imagine anyone doing to another. Things that she wouldn't soon forget.

But there he was...the once god-like figure...the wisest of all the council...dead...

Just like she wanted...

The iron in the air was starting to give her a headache, enough to make her groan as she continued to look him over and then finally rub her hand against his robes. As silver-like residue powered her fingertips, the young girl would narrow her vision before then rising back up to her feet.

"Whatever ya did old man...I hope ya got exactly what you deserved...I just wish I could have seen it..."

Would his and the others' death make up for what happened to her? Not in the slightest...

She wished that she had been the one to do it personally... or at least had them in a position in which she could maybe...get some sense of satisfaction at watching them suffer as she did. Tearing them apart like the animals they were.

Not that it mattered now...whatever had done this had seen through with her idea. But she might be able to get some semblance of sleep knowing that they were gone....whenever she could get some sleep...

Looking over the powder of silver-like sand, her eyes would note the texture and let her thumb rub its context deeper into her hardened skin, feeling the rough surface as it rolled beneath her digits before then looking over to see the traces of footsteps that seemed to scatter in one direction or another. Not every councilman was here. Odai-sama was one she had seen flee, but there were at least two others.

Meaning they had been given at least some chance to escape their fate.

This meant it wasn't some animal...

Looking down once more at Shirogane, her eyes closed before finally giving in to whatever sense of mercy she had, holding up her fingers in prayer before then rolling her eyes as she looked upward toward the ceiling. The traces of iron continued to float through the air and seemed to lay upon the ceiling as well.

"Iron....and not just the blood...but in the air too..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceJan 18, 2023 11:27:01 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

The iron was the common factor here, and in truth, it's abundance couldn't have just been convenient. It's traces were all over the place. From the blood to the air, to the very stone itself having small amounts of it. It wasn't much different from her sand, only in the composition. Breaking it down, there were only faint signs of it, but it was still there. An easy tool to access if you knew how. A clear link.

If Arashi wasn't too horrified by the implication, she might have patted herself on the back. But this didn't seem like the time.

Odai-sama had mentioned that she'd be able to talk the assailant down. Why would they think that unless...

Taking a few steps back, the girl would shake her head as she didn't want to believe it was possible. The proof was there, but why? Why would he even care? He had been the one to do this in the first place. He was the one to put all this in motion. Why would he...

Staring at the carnage and the precision of this attack, it had at least been thought through enough that it would take some time to put the pieces together if you didn't understand the nature of elements and their usage. Arashi wasn't what most would consider a proper genius, but she certainly wasn't dumb either. She had played with Iron, but had never been able to use it much to her own personal shame. But her father...he was a master at it.

There was no doubt in her mind that he could pull something off like this...and leave little proof that he had been involved. It was all there, in plain sight.

Closing her eyes, her hands balled into fists as she fought back bitter tears.

He had done this....he did this for her...

"Damn it...damn it..."

If he did this....then it meant that he actually cared...and then...it meant that everything she had thought was a lack of it wasn't even the case....

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Price of SilenceFeb 4, 2023 23:25:25 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The price of Silence

It changed a lot of things....and perhaps nothing at all really...

These people got what they deserved but, it wasn't exactly the way she wanted to see it. Or maybe, it was better than it had. Was she really willing to kill these people?

A part of her wanted to believe that she'd do it in a heartbeat...but...

The smell was so strong that it was giving her even more of a headache the longer she stood in this room and the carnage around her did little to help her visually think of anything else. Her father was a murderer...even more so...he was a traitor...

He had killed representatives of the very government that held the village's ideals and the ones that he answered to. By all right, he would likely face execution for such a crime. But then, they were far from innocent. Did it really make it any better?

Her silence was the answer, yet it proved short-lived as the sounds of footsteps seemed to be coming closer and closer to her position.

Snapping herself from her horror, shed'd begin to make her way back toward the tunnel, her eyes focused on retracing her steps. But sadly, it seemed even less likely that she'd be capable of outrunning trained shinobi, let alone getting to the exit with the distance it would take.

As she began to slide to a stop, she'd see the cell in which she had come from, her expression narrowed as she ran back toward it. There was little time to consider her fear of returning back to it, but there was little in terms of alternatives.

-----------------

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS