Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]

compose a reply
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 7, 2023 20:19:25 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Aku Soku Zan - Slay Evil Immediately
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
age 37 years old birthday April 15 rank Elite Jounin occupation Shinobi Council | Commander of Root
header
"thread title".
"A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic, dead or alive."

UNSUSPECTING

After their week at the Ryokan, it was finally time to depart. They had much to do in order to start solving Shiina's situation, and potential return to the Hidden Cloud Village as a shinobi. Nothing was guaranteed, but after interrogating the woman using his Kagura Mind's Eye, Toshizou was sure she was speaking the truth, and if they needed to find evidence, he was also confident he would be able to help with that; he was the Commander of Root, after all, and his years of experience as a part of the Black Ops would definitely give him the tools necessary to prove that the woman had been set up, or at the very least, find enough evidence to show that this had been likely the case. At times, a balance of probabilities is good enough, especially for a village that was struggling to return to its former glory; the aid of an extra Jounin was always welcomed. Moreover, the recent experiment between the Leaf and Sai no Kawara had been successful so far, which made him believe that Shiina's return was an even better accomplishment than what they got, which required some compromise.

As they had finished paying for the days they stayed in the area, Toshizou would turn back to the woman. "Ready for the trip?" he would ask her, his tone serious, but with a hint of care. Little did he know that they wouldn't be departing so soon, as he was about to run into an ally of sorts, after all, they were both members of their village's council.

"You can train a dog with food. You can buy a person with money. But there isn't a man alive that can put down the Will of Fire. Some things will never change. The Will of Fire will never be extinguished"

Aozora Ryokan
At the lobby
[ @akira]
[267 words]
Ren has written 399 posts
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 7, 2023 20:40:07 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 27 years old birthday August 14 rank A-Rank occupation Geisha
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG - && @akira

NOTES -
It had finally come time to leave, the leave the dreams of the week-long 'vacation' behind.

Although she had anticipated it to end, this still left Shiina slightly disheartened, as she and Toshizou now stood at the reception area of the ryokan to pay the bill. She looked at him with a soft and caring gaze, not one that she gave most people. The young woman would simply nod her head when he asked her if she was ready to go. Dressed in a gold and red silk kimono, tied with a brown red obi, she would wait for Toshi to lead the way. They were going to Hi no Kuni, or rather, they were going to his compounds, to be kept safe. This was the first time she was going to enter one of the five great nations after defecting from Kumo, and in her heart she still felt a little scared, scared of what was going to happen.

To be fair, she had never imagined that it would come to this. Had she not met Toshizou, had they not spent valuable time with one another, had she not opened up about her neukenin status (to which she would have had to regardless given his interrogation), she would have continued to travel through the minor shinobi nations, without much of a plan or goal to life. She really hoped that the decision she was making was the right one, especially because clearing her name for the plague and also finding out who was ultimately responsible for the death of her father never left her mind for a second. There were so many unanswered questions that it gave her anxiety, but she chose to trust the man beside her, trust that in his words, abilities and strength.

Trust that she never gave to another soul.
MADE BY MIZO
Nue has written 269 posts
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 9, 2023 17:24:29 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Sozin had come back to the Ryokan for one reason: those sweet sweet spas. Could he afford it? Absolutely not. Was he going to do it anyway? Absolutely yes. Back with ... approximately enough to do one of the sweetr, plainer and simpler rooms - but no less enthusiastic than the last time, he entered with all his little belongings with him as well, a complete set of clothes difference from the first time.

The entry would not go without his eyes scanning the room - just as any Shinobi would, and he came across a familiar sight for sore eyes.

"Ah, Ran-san!" Sozin spoke cheerfully. There had been someone with her this time. A travelling companion? Sozin would internally shrug. It meant little to him. She had been a good companion to him the first time he had been there.

In truth, Sozin had still come with things to do: such was little reason to be out here without at least some other things to do, and Sozin was here, in truth, to perpetuate religious things. Plans on top of plans, little things that would help him invade the lands and corrupt the virtues. But that would not happen without some serious backbone and work ethic.

It might've helped, however, that a familiar name, but not face: would be in the same room, besides Ran. Sozin would smile, coming by and bowing to the two of them. "Still here? They might need to give you a room with your name on it." He was in good spirits from a good journey and getting back to a place of peace for him.

At least, he was glad to have some peace in a soul of turmoil.

{Spoiler}Add any jutsu, relevant information here
has written 0 posts
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 9, 2023 22:41:20 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
age 37 years old birthday April 15 rank Elite Jounin occupation Shinobi Council | Commander of Root
header
"unlikely place for a shinobi".

INTRODUCTION

Before they could finish their preparations to finally leave the Ryokan, Toshizou would hear the bell at the door ringing, announcing someone had just made their way into the place. A quick glance, more out of habit than anything else, before he continue to mind his own business, but the figure his eyes caught upon glance was one he would remember. Toshizou was a politician within his village, and one that highly valued their connection with allied villages. Therefore, he was well-informed of the names and likeness of most shinobi of notice belonging to their allies; and enemies, whenever intel was available. His genius intellect fortunately allowed him to retain a lot of information.

"That man is... Junichi Sozin, council member of the Hidden Grass Village." he remembered, turning around fully to look at the man now that his attention had been capture. Still, what was rather surprising was the fact that Sozin - who didn't seem to recognize Toshizou by his likeness alone - had recognized his companion, even if he did so by her Geisha namesake of Ran. "Interesting..." he thought to himself, keeping the cool and collected expression on his face.

The Grass council member would continue to talk to the purple-haired woman, joking that the Ryokan needed to give a room her name. Noticing the familiarity and good spirits in his tone, Toshizou would take a few steps approaching the two of them. "Junichi Sozin-san. I never thought I would meet you under such random circumstances." he would say with a more friendly tone and a short bow. "Hatake Toshizou, council member of the Hidden Leaf Village." he promptly introduced himself.

"You can train a dog with food. You can buy a person with money. But there isn't a man alive that can put down the Will of Fire. Some things will never change. The Will of Fire will never be extinguished"

Aozora Ryokan
Introducing himself to Sozin
[ @akira]
[280 words]
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 10, 2023 7:49:51 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG - && @akira

NOTES -
And just as the couple were leaving the ryokan, she was met with a familiar face; that which belonged to none other than Sozin, a man she had met at this very ryokan not very long ago.

In truth, the mere fact that the man remembered her by name, despite it being her geisha name, surprised her. But then again, he was a councilman of a village, and so perhaps a name and a face wouldn't be too hard to forget. She smiled at him as he called out to her warmly. "Sozin-san, you have returned yourself!" Her voice was light, that meeting an old friend, although she did a steal a glance in Toshizou's way. It seemed that perhaps Sozin recognized him, or perhaps he didn't. No matter, Shiina would give a small chuckle at the man's joke. "I was just leaving, finally, I suppose. They should indeed set up a room for me permanently here, with how much time I seem to spend here." The words came out of her mouth with the same tone, wary of Toshizou beside her. When Sozin and her had met the last time, Toshizou had yet entered her life. It was quite unbelievable how in a such a short time things had changed.

The jaded Ran that Sozin had come to know would cease to exist. At least temporarily.

As Toshizou stepped up to make introductions, she was surprised that he too knew of Sozin, calling him by his full name. Another surprise that came her way was the fact that he introduced himself as a council member of Konoha. This made her realize that he hadn't mentioned that he was a council member the entire week they were together. Of course, she wasn't entirely too taken aback by this revelation, as she would have assumed that the man held an important position in his village, given the nature of his personality and how he seemed to have such a keen eye for things. But she wouldn't conceal her surprise as she looked from both Sozin to Toshizou, her eyes resting back on the former before opening her mouth. "I suppose you have come for travel purposes, Sozin-san? If so, we shouldn't interrupt your leisure." She eyed Toshizou briefly, unsure of how to proceed with this new-found information.

There was so much she still didn't know about him, it seemed, and it bothered her, even if it was a slight bother.
MADE BY MIZO
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 10, 2023 16:46:31 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

It was good to put a face to a name. Sozin would bow first, a little more than at the neck and more in line with his shoulders, and then extended a hand. "Toshizo-san. A pleasure to put a face to a name." Sozin had some positive experiences with him. "We've shared correspondance, but I've not been to Konohagakure in a while. I must say, thank you for bringing Shigure-san to my entourage. He was invaluable for my mission." Sozin would first highlight to Shiina their understood or shared experience as to how they knew one another.

Still - he held himself tall. Confident.

"We make a point of never being inefficient, Ran-san." Sozin would smile at her. 'We' was the royal 'Kusagakure' but he wouldn't try to extrapolate. "Work never stops. But, it can be delayed. For an evening. I see you're heading off now, but..." His eyes wandered to Toshizo. "It would, if you were willing: be good to share a conversation, Toshizo-san? We may had met in the past, but ... I had an incident at the early half of last year and suffered severe memory loss. I've had to rebuild a great deal of myself from scratch. Whether a walk or a drink, I can accommodate you both?"

Once upon a time, Toshizo and Sozin would have - may have had conversations. So, if it highlighted a red flag to him on their first meeting, but it didn't seem as such given how he introduced himself... then it would be good to reintroduce himself unlike that of the Ninjutsu savant that Junichi Sozin had been considered.

It would be important to Sozin to reaffirm his own allegiance to the Kusa-Konoha loyalty. Konoha were powerful. Important: large. While he had his own plans, they would coincide with the largely more powerful, more influential than he councillor.

And that couldn't happen if he immediately went to the spas.

has written 0 posts
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 10, 2023 19:56:58 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header

OPPORTUNITIES

Shiina seemed to be a bit tense, but he didn't overthink it yet; he was in front of a council member of an allied village, and his sense of duty was way too strong for him to allow himself to get distracted in any way, even though he cared about the woman. He had not mention that he was a member of the Village's council, and he knew that she would take notice of that, but it was something they could discuss later. He never hid he was powerful and influential, so in a way, she could've seen that coming.

When Sozin extended his hand after they exchanged bows, Toshizou would respond with a firm handshake and a polite smile on his face. "You must visit our village one of these days. And Shigure-san is one of our prized Jounin, it is always our pleasure to send our most accomplish in aid of our allies." the reservations Toshizou had towards Shigure were kept properly hidden inside of his mind; his daughter was also pushing him to see her fiancee in a different light. Still, it was hard for the Hatake to see him as more than the whiny boy he used to be when he was a teenager. People do change, but perspectives take a little longer to follow suit.

Toshizou would listen to the man's invitation to share a conversation, and apologize for his memory loss, and the Hatake would shake his head. "No need to apologize. It would be my pleasure to sit and enjoy your company. Catch up with the recent events." he said, glancing over to Shiina to try and assess if she was at ease or not in the presence of the Grass Council member. "I've read the reports, and it seems like you've became a skilled weapon user, and, well... That's my area of expertise as well." he said, showing he had some knowledge of the missions Sozin took together with Leaf shinobi.

"Let's find ourselves a place, then? Ran-san, as you are more familiar with the place, what would you suggest?" he would ask her, keeping the polite smile on his face.

Aozora Ryokan
Conversation
[ @akira]
[363 words]
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 10, 2023 21:13:37 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG - && @akira

NOTES -
Shiina would watch from the side, as both men introduced themselves to one another and gave each other pleasantries, the signs of true diplomats. The woman relaxed her body ever so slightly, although this new revelation and the fact that she now stood in front of not one but two council members of villages was quite overwhelming. She put on her best mask, the one that hid her true feelings and that she had learned to put on as a performer. And as Toshizou referred to her as Ran, she wouldn't even bat an eye, knowing that despite her discomfort now with him using the name, she had no choice but to play along. "Of course, Hatake-san," her eyes would meet his briefly, if he chose to look at her. If he did, he would have noticed that the expression and voice she carried was now one of which she used when they first met. "Give me a moment." The woman would then turn to Sozin, bowing her head. "If you would please excuse me..."

With that, she would leave the two men alone for the moment, retreating towards the kitchen where the owner of the ryokan was now preparing some meals for the guests that were arriving tonight. She entered the kitchen and smiled at the woman. "I guess I'm not leaving just yet after all. Your hot spring facilities are just too perfect to pass up." She would half joke. "I would like to have a room for the evening. From what I can tell, it may well be into the late night before we would leave though..." Shiina wondered if Toshizou had plans for late night travel.

"Don't be silly, my dear, I'll have a new room ready for you in a few minutes." The woman bowed her head, appreciative of the owner for always bending backwards for her. The girl went ahead to ask for a koto, something of a stringed piano. It was the instrument she excelled at and the one where people sought after when they requested her performance. Assuring that one would be set up in the new room, Shiina would return to the two gentlemen, relaying the message that their room would be ready in a few minutes. "I suppose you won't mind that I do a performance, since I don't know much about politics and would rather not dwindle in affairs such as them..." she looked at Sozin and then as Toshizou. As one who charged one of the highest prices for each performance, they should know that this was not an invitation she extended often had it not been for them.
MADE BY MIZO
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Jan 11, 2023 17:19:49 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Sozin nodded. It would be nice to visit Konoha, he thought to himself. "I will make the time. In time." Sozin would make sure to - he had never been and never had the opportunity to do so. He had been within Hi no Kuni's territories on a few occasions but the opportunity have never arisen to see the oldest, and 'greatest' village of them all.

When reflecting his own skills, Sozin would smile and nod with a thankful intent. He must had been referencing the mission reports that Shigure had written - his own involvement with Konohagakure had been limited at best, unless there was intelligence that he didn't know about yet? Well. It wasn't a hard thing to deny everywhere when the eyes were there. He was one, in a relativistic way.

Ran would leave to resolve the pressing issue of accommodation and leaving the two of them to talk. "You've chosen great company; Ran-san is very intelligent and engaging." Sozin wouldn't elaborate further, but he didn't infer by his tone that it was sexual, just that it was what he said.

Ran was just happy to get another room made up for them - he hadn't been suggesting a hot bath and alcohol: a walk would have sufficed in lieu of somewhere quiet. Though, insofar as colleague relationships went - drinking and singing tended to go hand in hand? Perhaps it was inappropriate for someone he'd only known as far as a letter went. "I would be delighted, Ran-san. Though, it's not like I have an agenda prepared," his eyes would flit between her and Toshizo "but something might come up naturally through conversation. I think it would be good to reaffirm my commitments to Konohagakure no Sato, our key ally." There was an element of brown-nosing, since Sozin completely understood the dynamic between the two villages, and the harsh pragmatic reality that they were simply much mightier. Yes: they might've not been in the most ideal economic situation either, but they were far more established and held that same standard across a much larger country. So, in actuality, it counted for a lot more.

But knowing that Ran was a Geisha, made it all the more exciting. Sozin himself was open to what they did, but having the opportunity to talk with Toshizo was an exciting development he could make time for.

has written 0 posts
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Feb 21, 2023 12:43:39 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header

PERFORMANCE

Shiina would ask for a moment so she could arrange a proper place for them to sit down and have a conversation, since she was more familiar with the place than he was. While she was taking care of that, she did leave the two council members alone for a short while. Sozin would then say he would make some time to visit the Hidden Leaf in due time, and to that, Toshizou simply nodded in acknowledgement. "When you do, please send word. I will make sure you get the reception a man of your rank and status deserve." he said, with a formal smile on his face. Then, he would point out that 'Ran' was a great company, as she was smart and engaging, and Toshizou would nod in agreement. "Indeed, she is. I'm a man of fine taste, what can I say?" he chuckled softly.

And just like Sozin, Toshizou was more than happy to accept the performance. "I am of the same mind, Ran-san. It would make for a delightful experience." he said with a kinder smile on his face. In fact, the conversation, as unexpected as it may be, was bound to be an important one, considering just how close the two villages were, and the rising tension of the Shinobi world at the moment. With that being said, Toshizou would allow Shiina to guide them to their new meeting spot, so that they could have some privacy.

Aozora Ryokan
Follows Shiina to their new room
[ @akira]
[251 words]
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Feb 28, 2023 21:29:24 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG - && @akira

NOTES -
The air of a true geisha was one who was able to remove all emotion from their actions and expressions, and Shiina was quite good at doing that. She bowed again towards the two men before turning on her heels abruptly, leading them past the lobby and down a hallway of rooms. At the very end of the hallway, she turned to the right, where a door was somewhat hidden from view. It was the ryokan's corner suite, and it was one that was quite removed from the rest of the establishment. She had been told by the owner that this room and one opposite to them were the only two rooms in the building that people tend to use for diplomatic and business matters, the walls were especially thick so that those staying in the rooms beside them would not be able to hear their conversations. A great move on the part of the ryokan to have established these two rooms specifically for these purposes, since it was always important and a selling point for people to be able to speak in private.

She opened the door with the key and ushered the two men in. Beyond the entrance was a step, where they would take off their shoes and ascend to. Two giant sliding doors would open to reveal a rather nice and simple looking tea room, mirroring that of an actual tea room. There were cushions lining one side of the room and one other cushion opposite them, where the host would sit to make and serve tea. Shiina ascended the step and gestured for both Souzin and Toshizou to take a seat, excusing herself into the kitchen to prepare the tea ceremony instruments, bowls and tea powder. All the while she kept her face straight, unsure of what to think about the three of them meeting.

Was she nervous? No. But there were implications far beyond what she had originally thought between the two men that a missing nin such as herself shold probably not actively partake in. She reminded herself that she was Ran today, and as part of the geisha rules of conduct, she was bound by the oath to never allow what she overheard at any points of her career to be spoken of to outsiders. The woman began to prepare two bowls, a tea whisk, some tea powder and boil some hot water, all the while her mind unable to leave Toshizou. There was something strange about him and his behavior that she simply couldn't understand, and was not at a liberty to ask outright. It was as though he was a different person than the man she had spent an entire week with just moments before and the difference made her feel quite uneasy.
MADE BY MIZO
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Mar 2, 2023 12:15:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"You're too kind." Sozin would sing the dance and song the way he had been taught by being thrown in the deep end at the hands of Kusagakure no Sato's elite.

Sozin did make a face of confusion though - because there was something bothering him by the way he kept on staring at his face, his eyes - his lips. All too familiar. He was from Konohagakure, she had left... "Say, I'm sorry if this sounds strange, but you look remarkably like a Kumogakure Shinobi I know," Sozin just needed to picture the white haired man as having red hair, and it would have been almost the same person, barring a few changes in the facial structure - Azarea had more feminine features after all. "Do you happen to know an Azarea?" He would follow on. He would take the man's word for it whatever the response.

But, his response would also give an adequate measure of good topics and bad: if he was able to be graceful with what could have been a poor conversation then ... well. He'd stick to more official topics.

Though, it would have been awkward to tell the man he was ready to bang his daughter if that was the truth and he was related, so that part he would keep avidly to himself. 'hey, your daughter made me like women again.' Wasn't the type of thing he wanted to discuss insofar as political matters went.

Ran had been kind enough as to become a guest - host. "Still, regardless of appearance, I think it's vital that I assert amongst the voices, the rabble and common dissenters that we've remained firm. Let's get seated." They would need to follow behind Ran as she got a room ready for the two of them. Off his shoes went, onto the tatami and to be seated. "Thank you." He would thank the woman as she took care of them (and absolutely did not need to).

Finally sat down, they could get some of the softer talk out of the way - if he wanted to do that? He would allow the politician of the larger village to lead them - common courtesy applied.

has written 0 posts
Unlikely place for a shinobi [Akira/Shiina]Mar 2, 2023 12:43:01 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header

APPRECIATION

Sozin would break the momentary silence with a question the man himself advised it would sound strange, but even before he could complete the question, Toshizou sighed, knowing exactly who he had in mind, and when he mentioned Azarea's name, he nodded slowly. "Seems like you met my eldest daughter. I guess our likeness is undeniable, if you managed to put that together that easily." he said, giving Sozin an almost uncomfortable smile. He didn't want to delve into deeper details about their relationship, nor call her a bastard, even though that was exactly what she was. "I was not married to her mother." he added, hoping that would be enough to close the topic, as they followed Shiina towards the place of their meeting.

As expected, Shiina truly made the meeting a special occasion. With a trained geisha with them, willing to bless the duo with her craft, they almost felt like they were feudal lords themselves. Of course members of a village council were used to a higher level of comfort and class, but even for them, this was a rare opportunity, and one that - at least Toshizou - was deadest on enjoying. The geisha guided the two to their seat before excusing herself for a moment so that she could work on the tea. Toshizou had went into his full political mindset, and he was very good and separating his true self from that side of him; whenever the village's well-being came into place, that immediately became his top priority.

With the two sitting down, Toshizou would start the conversation. "I want to express my gratitude once again for the aid provided my the Hidden Grass during the construction of our advanced outpost. The Honnou boy seems to have a bright future ahead of him. And with the outpost, we feel more at ease watching over the movements of the Hidden Mist. Things, as you may know, are not ideal." that was an understatement. Between Yuuta's altercation with the former Mizukage, and the Mist's imprisonment of one of their Genin during the Chuunin Exams, it was only reasonable that the Leaf was concerned and wanting to watch over their enemy.

Aozora Ryokan
Meeting room
[ @akira]
[367 words]