Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was time for yet another mission today she was given instructions by her superior in the diplomacy corps that she will be working with a group of Kirigakure shinobi on a construction project for the village as a means of improving village relationships. And as the girl nodded off the night before she recalled the words. "Kirigakure shinobi." she met quite a few people during her time but never anyone from the hidden mist village and couldn't stop thinking about just who she might meet and all of the things that she could learn.
[break][break]
The next morning the girl readied herself for the days journey strapping her staff around her back and making her way out of the door heading towards the train station before taking the journey to the docks, taking notes of all the questions she'd have for her fellow shinobi upon making their acquaintance. Upon stepping off the train she'd meet with her superior who had been awaiting her arrival.
[break][break]
"Good morning sir!” she’d say as she eagerly made her way towards him, his name was Tanaka Ishinzai her team leader within the diplomacy corps. "Good morning Jun I trust you've been briefed on your assignment for the day?” the man would ask, the young Yukigakure shinobi would eagerly nod her head. "Indeed sir, I’m to be aiding an ally with the construction of a facility not too far from our destination.” the diplomacy corps member would give a nod smile the girl was always very studious so her eagerness for the mission and understanding of its importance wasn’t lost on her.
[break][break]
"Very good, and I also trust I don't need to tell you to be mindful of your curiosity?” Jun would nod her head and flash an eager smile to the young man. "But of course sir, I'll keep my curiosity to a minimum.” he would speak to her with a rather stern tone. "Jun..." he would say emphasizing his point. "You have my word sir." she'd say with a chuckle prompting him to let out an exasperated sigh. "I can only hope we don't have an incident much like the one at the chunin exams." he'd say under his breath. Shortly there after the sounds of a ship horn could be heard as the boat came into port.
[break][break]
The large metal frigate stopping into port the large emblem of the village adorning it's sails would capture the girls attention immediately. "Magnificent!” she’d say enthralled by its architecture, she had seen many vessels before but none quite like this.
[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]366 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 21, 2023 13:13:12 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 13:39:17 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

The decision to help Yuki with their joint village missions was by Kasumi's request. She appreciated that the other village was kind enough to adapt to her time frame, and was even more happy to think that she could accomplish a lot here. For starters, building a better relationship with the village would give them a stronger alliance with the village.

Something that Kirigakure definitely would benefit from, as well as Yukigakure.

Even more enticing, perhaps, was the rumors she'd heard of legendary steel from this village. With her new goal in motion to become the best swordsman in the world, she needed a few things. The best body she could muster, and the best equipment were two important ones. Perhaps if she got on good terms with the village they may just be willing to share some of their greatness with her.

Even if they refused her, though, she still had much to gain here. The start was an interesting voyage out to the foreign land. She actually was quite enjoying the boat. It was a hectic ship deck, but every piece played it's own part in the mess. Something she might want to learn more about later.

"Ah." She sounded off as the port come into view on the horizon. "Looks like we're here to get the diplomat."

The horn sounded off and the ship docked, the walkway coming down and Kasumi being the first one walking down the plank. Sword at her hip and eyes observing the people and the lay of the land. She heard the other girl speak first and met her eyes.

"You must be my partner for this, eh? Names Kasumi Momochi. What should I call ya?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami, Demon's jacket

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 14:47:52 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl made her way down from the ship, Jun would take note of her as she made her way forward. "Ah here she comes now.” She’d examine her features and took note of anything out of the ordinary, there was a ruggedness to her that the girl found almost intimidating she had a presence about her that she wanted to know more about. "So that’s a Kirigakure shinobi.” her eyes were an amber color much like hers and she had sense of hardiness to her that she found interesting, as she stopped before them and spoke she had a crasness to her verbiage she found it amusing.
[break][break]
"Good morning, Momochi, I am Tanaka and I’m here to introduce you to our diplomat, Jun.” Jun would look to the woman and bow to her respectfully. "Good morning my name is Jun Muramatsa it’ll be a pleasure to work with you, I look forward to getting to know you.” The girl would say with a smile there was a pleasantness about her and a poshness in her voice, but seemed confused by the word partner was she going alone? It was also more than likely evident that she hasn’t truly been hardened by the world yet still full of life and relatively inexperienced.
[break][break]
"Alright then Jun, the mission is in your hands now.” Jun would then look over at the older gentlemen. "Of course sir.” the girl would say. With that he would be off and Jun and Kasumi would be left to their own devices. "So…are we ready to set sail?” the girl would note seeing that the ship looked as if some of the other sailors on board would looking over the ship. "Or is the ship currently being docked for maintenance?” she would wonder she assumed the former but didn’t know for sure.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]305 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 21, 2023 14:50:09 GMT -5
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 14:58:49 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Jun Muramatsa. That would be the girl that Kasumi was working with mostly today, then. The shinobi seemed pleasant enough, but started off with several questions that Kasumi wasn't sure she was going to be able to put up with for the whole mission.

"Uh, yeah... we can board whenever. They're waiting for us. It's our mission after all." She'd explain, stepping back and turning towards the ship again. It was polite to come off and greet her hosts, even if they were just jumping right on again. "You know much about ships? I learned quite a bit on my way over here. Seems like they're kind of fun."

Kasumi eyed the different things required to operate the boat. Sails and an anchor rack that was by no means light to push. It might prove to be a good workout, running a ship. Of course, there was still a captain that had introduced himself earlier. He promised to stay out of their way though.

"I'm going to help with the anchor. These guys can handle it, but... well, it's a lot faster if I join in."

Kasumi would march up to the wooden apparatus, guys getting out of her way naturally. They doubted she'd be strong enough to raise it, but when she gave it a hearty push the wheel would spin immediately. Her strength training really working out for her now.

"Tell me, Jun, what you know about the mission. Make sure our intel is lined up."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Jutsu used:

Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 15:35:17 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the two of them would make their way towards the boat, the Kirigakure shinobi would ask if she knew anything about ships. "Well the last ship I boarded was one that took me to Iwagakure, and while I have some rudimentary knowledge I can’t say I’m an expert on the subject.” the two would make their way up towards the deck of the vessel and in doing so Jun would add a comment.
[break][break]
"But I’m sure you’ll enlighten me.” she’d say an eagerness to the sound of her voice. "Have you traveled aboard the sea for a long period of time?” she’d say removing her notebook from out of her pocket and opening it to a blank page, writing down the words. "Notes on naval ships.” eager to hear whatever she might have to say. Jun’s love for knowledge was a bit much at times and could’ve made her come off as a bit nosy but it was only because she was so intrigued.
[break][break]
As they made it to the top of the deck she noticed the ship looked different from the decks of the ships from Iwa slightly more composed and sutrdier with the village being built by the sea she figured there would be some slight differences, out of the corner of her eye she would see a group of men attempting to lift an anchor but as she walked among them they would all step aside whilst she took her place and pulled it up with what looked to seem like very little effort. "My word, most anchor’s tend to weight a great deal, I can only imagine the sort of training she must’ve gone through in order to perform such a feat.” the girl would keep her eyes on her and would also take note of the fact that she carried a sword around her waist. "She’s a swordsman?” the girl would wonder, jotting down notes in her notebook about the girl making a footnote to perhaps spar with her to see what she might be able to learn about the way she fights.
[break][break]
When approached again she’d ask her if she knew what the mission was, Jun would place her notebook in her pocket and answer her question. "But of course we are to help with the construction of a naval base, in order to facilitate trade on an uncharted island, to secure an economic foothold.” the woman would remark it was clear she did her homework. "That’s at least a few days away if I’m not mistaken.”

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]422 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 21, 2023 15:37:43 GMT -5
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 16:14:09 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi couldn't help but feel a little smug when Jun commented on how much training she must have done to be able to handle the anchor alone. She flashed a sharp toothy grin at her, rolling her shoulders a bit. "Aye, I've been on a few ships in my day. In Kiri we use ships a lot to get around. Even just little ones sometimes. For a shinobi in my shape an anchor ain't too bad to handle."

Only a half truth. The anchor was heavy as sin, if she was honest, but she had been training meticulously lately and had no intention on slacking during a diplomatic mission like this. Hell, if she had her way she'd be able to get a good amount of training done in Yuki.

"That's about what I know about it too. I'm not really an architect, but I'm sure we can handle it with the help of the builders they have scouting the place." It would be a few days of a journey, but such was the life of a shinobi. Kasumi would make her way to the sails next. The crew letting her handle the work- they were getting paid the same either way.

"Up we go." Kasumi would put her foot against the wood, pulling the rope with all of her strength to get the sails to raise. She found practical training to be almost as effective as targeted training sometimes.

The ship would start moving, and Kasumi would look forward.

"Yuki has very clean water. I could see fish from the port side when we were on our way in. Clear waters and clear skies. Shouldn't be too bad of a journey."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

last edit by Kasumi Momochi on Jan 21, 2023 16:14:27 GMT -5
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 16:35:12 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"] Jun hadn’t realized she was talking out loud, when she made her comment. "Oh did I say that out loud?” the girl would say sounding somewhat bashfully an embarrassed blush on her face. Hearing her harp on about herself and how she trained in intrigued her, just what type of training did she do she’d look over at the woman with intellectual infatuation.

"What type of training do you do? What’s your diet like? I myself am not the strongest but any other method to increase my own physique would be rather welcome.” the girl would say with a smile, interested to hear more about it training between both villages was more than likely rather different and she wanted to know everything she could.
[break][break]
When the topic returned to the mission she’d say she wasn’t much of an architect but with builders scouting the place it should be relatively easy. "I’d like to hope so.” the girl would comment as they made their way up to the ship she’d watch as the girl would raise the hefty sails looking to her once more with intrigue. "Your strength training must be most impressive.” the girl dedication to her training was admirable and was curious if emulating her methods may result in similar gains for herself.
[break][break]
With the ship now on the move the girl would note that the ship was now moving commenting on the water and how it looked and how the journey should be nice. "It is a lovely country, isn't it but I'm curious as to what Mizu no Kuni must be like as well.” the girl would say looking to the girl as they both watched the seas pass by.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]259 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 21, 2023 16:36:05 GMT -5
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 16:58:30 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The stranger definitely wasn't shy about asking questions. Perhaps it was a part of the job for a diplomat. Making friends and gathering information. Luckily, their countries were allies and it wouldn't be too much trouble to share what she knew with her. "My training is different every time, really. It gets too stale doing the same crap every day. One day I might take my sword and cut something people say can't be cut, the next I might hold tug of war competitions with my summons or friends."

Kasumi didn't think it was necessary to point out that she also did sit ups and push ups every single day. That was the stale and repetitive part of her training. With the sail up now, she would head towards some barrels, picking them up rather easily and moving them towards the part of the ship she'd talked about earlier. With the fish.

"If you really want to get stronger, one of the fastest ways is to just practice whatever it is you want to get good at." Kasumi would hold up one hand, making seals with it effortlessly. "This took me forever to master, but nothing a little determination can't fix. What is it you want to improve on?"

Kasumi would sit on one of the barrels, patting the barrel next to her for the other girl to have a seat as well.

"As far as Kiri... it's a nice place. Way better food than anywhere else I've ever been. Can't beat fresh seafood with greasy and gross Iwa burgers."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 18:03:40 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The woman seemed to open to telling her how she trained, Jun would listen but found it to be rather unremarkable "Tug of war…really…I was anticipating something a bit more substantial, but perhaps this is what works for her.” she’d still take the notes down and looked back up towards her still keeping that polite smile on her face. "Summons, what kind do you have? I have a few myself.” the girl would state not expressly revealing what she had until Kasumi had told her first, that way she didn’t surrender any information without actually getting anything out of her subject. She gave her some rather simple advice but perhaps some things didn’t have any really complex answer it was simply training after all, training one’s body no less. The girl would show her the ability to master the utilization of seals with one hand. "One handed, hand seals interesting, how’re you able to funnel the chakra if you’re only doing it through one hand instead of molding it through two?” she'd quickly remove her notebook and prepared to take notes clicking the end of her pen.
[break][break]
Jun had been told it was rather difficult but with all of her questions it might seem to come off as something of an interview. But it was simply just her nature; she loved to learn about all things and found every learning experience in life to be precious. When she was asked about what she wanted to improve upon the girl would move a fish barrel towards her and she would take a seat beside the woman, giving her an answer.
[break][break]
"I’ve actually been working on my accuracy for some time now it’s been one of the many things I’ve been attempting to get a bit of a handle on.” the girl would state, not explicitly telling her why hoping she would think it was for something rather rudimentary such as being better with weaponry. Shortly after she would talk about the food saying that it has much better food than most places seafood in particular lambasting some food from Iwagakure that she had, had some time ago. "Not a fan of Iwagakurian food? I've been there before I recall their food being rather unusual but interesting.” the girl would say recalling her experience from when she was there last, however she didn’t mind it but it was certainly something different.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]388 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 21, 2023 18:08:01 GMT -5
Voyager!Jan 21, 2023 18:24:12 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Question after question, the little diplomat was rather relentless. Kasumi would watch as she was taking notes, but move her hand towards Jun's forehead. When she looked up, Kasumi would flick the top of her forehead. It wouldn't hurt as much as it might just surprise the girl.

"Ain't anyone ever told you it's rude to ask questions without giving any information? Not a very trusting relationship to build, eh?" Kasumi would point out, grabbing a net from the case at the railing. "If you want to work on your accuracy, I have an idea though."

She had no intentions on revealing any of her ninja tricks or how they worked. Not until she trusted the girl a bit more. Instead, Kasumi would gesture towards the fish.

"Throw the net at the fish. I ain't the most accurate, but my father once told me if you can hit a fish... you can hit anything. Something about predicting their weird moves or something."

Kasumi would shrug. The water below had many fish in it, swimming close to the surface looking for some algae to eat.

"Don't worry about reelin' 'em in though. I can do that. They can put up a helluva fight if you don't have a lot of backbone. Heck, this could be training for me too, eh?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

Voyager!Jan 22, 2023 0:58:20 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl asked her questions and expected an answer, the woman would take her hand and flick the top of her forehead, the girl was surprised by her tap to the head and placed her gloved hands on her forehead. "Yes well, I suppose my curiosity got the better of me.” the girl would chuckle. Afterwards the girl would mention however that she did in fact have a plan as far as working on her accuracy that involved sending out a net to catch fish, an interesting thought and a clever way to make use of the ship.
[break][break]
"Splendid suggestion, your father…” the girl would take the net from the woman and looking out towards the fish. "Alright, aim for where they are not where they're going." using a bit of heft the girl would pull back her arms in preparation. "Sounds like a wise man!” she’d say as she threw out the net, putting some gumption behind her throw. Unfortunately her efforts however were in vein as she only managed to land partially on target. "Curses.” the girl would say they’d be able to reel in a few but not all of them. With that the girl would pull in the fish on her own she wasn’t as strong as Kasumi and struggled somewhat but she was no slouch. She’d pull them up and allow Kasumi to go and grab another barrel. "So tenacious…your father must be proud.” the girl would state with a pleasant smile as she waited for her to bring over the barrel before the two would unload their haul.
[break][break]
"I’m assuming he is a shinobi as well?” yet another question however this one was more so rooted in conversation not to say she didn’t want to learn more about her she found her interesting so far perhaps not as mentally stimulating as she would’ve liked but she was still learning something which was pleasant. There were secrets hidden within her and she wanted to know whatever she could.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]323 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Voyager!Jan 22, 2023 8:24:09 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi regretted bringing up her father to the girl with a million questions. It was always a sore topic for her, a moment that seemed to change her entire life and would never be taken back. She generally tried her best not to think about or talk about her father. The wound still sore all these years later.

"I think..." she started, grabbing the net and pulling against the fighting fish roughly, "I think he'd be proud of me. No way to know though. He died long ago. He was a shinobi, but retired before he died due to an injury."

She'd spit out the taste of hurt in her mouth over the side of the ship. Then pull the fish even harder until the little haul was on deck. It wasn't a bad throw by any means, but she was expecting a little more. Well, everyone started somewhere.

"Not a bad throw. Not like I could do much better, either. Just remember what I said, best way to train is to practice alright? Keep goin' and you'll have caught us a nice haul for the few days we'll be here."

Kasumi would open one of the barrels, loading the fish inside. There was still plenty of room though.

"What about you? Your family all shinobi too?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

Voyager!Jan 22, 2023 11:03:50 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl finished casting her line out at sea and reeling it back in, the youth would over hear the young girl speak about her father, she seemed unsure there wasn’t an indication jof tone in her words but she did mention that he died from his wounds, Jun liked to learn and ask questions but there are some topics that are best left undiscovered. "My apologies, I didn’t mean to bring up such a sore subject.” there was a silence for a moment as the girl reflected on her own family for a moment.
[break][break]
Shortly there after the duo would deposit the fish into the barrel and the younger girl would give her a few words of encouragement and what more she needed to do. "Yes Ma’m.” the woman would say rather politely respectiing the station and authority of the older Chunin. As she readied to thrown out her next set of netting keeping her eyes on the fish in question she would spot another small school of fish aiming to be right on its marker landing it considerably closer to where they needed to be gather more fish that before as she reeled them in. "Nearly there…” still not checkmate just yet.
[break][break]
As she pulled them in she would be asked about her family, looking over at the girl she’d give her a rather thorough answer. "My mother and father are actually retired from active duty, My mother is a civilian educator and my father is an traveling artist.” her parents as far as she knew worked regular jobs, but she wasn't aware of the real truth of their true profession as Gouka members Yukigakure's equivalent to Kirigakure's Hunter-nin. As she said this she’d reel in her fish and ready their removal.
[break][break]
"They retired shortly after we arrived in the country.” she’d say providing some context about herself she isn’t normally one for secrets but usually doesn’t talk much about herself she is asked, she had more to say but knew that revealing their reason for doing so which was "to raise their daughter." more than likely wasn't the best choice of words to say to a girl who had recently opened up about her deceased father. "After we were displaced from our old home, our time on the road must've taken it's toll on them." As the girl would say this there was a somberness in her voice less for herself and more for them, they stopped being shinobi so they could be there to raise her she was always grateful for them as a result of that.

As she pulled off the top of the barrel and loaded it up with more fish, switching gears rather quickly "Looks like we have enough room for one more net full of fish.” she’d say smiling to the kirigakure shinobi. "Come help me get the net ready!" she was eager this time she'd nail it for sure.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]493 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 22, 2023 11:04:16 GMT -5
Voyager!Jan 22, 2023 11:15:02 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The girl was quick to apologize for bringing up Kasumi's parents, but Kasumi only waved her off. There wasn't a need to apologize, she hardly knew better. If anything, it was Kasumi's own fault for even mentioning her father when she already knew the curiosity of the Genin.

"Civilians, eh? Not sure I've ever met an actual retired shinobi. Guess it's just a way of life I couldn't imagine anyone being able to walk away from." Kasumi said with a shrug. Jun was lining up her next shot and Kasumi would be rolling her shoulders to get ready to help reel it in. This throw was much more accurate, and there was a small school of fish there.

A perfect challenge. Kasumi would grab the net, wrapping her arms around it and yanking hard. They fought, squiring to escape the net but Kasumi was too strong for them. She dragged them up the side of the boat with a loud huff.

She was actually getting a decent workout here now, it felt. When they were on deck, Kasumi would take a breather as Jun loaded them into the barrel.

"They retired after you arrived, eh? Where did you come from?" It was Kasumi's turn to bark out questions it seemed. She did that with ease as she started helping prepare the net. Then she spotted it in the water.

"Ah. Aim for that one." She said, pointing in the water towards the large swordfish swimming around them. "That will be the tastiest one by far."

Not to mention the hardest to reel in.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

Voyager!Jan 22, 2023 12:42:40 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl reeled in the next set Kasumi would put her impressive strength on display pulling in the fish wish ease allowing her to get everything set and ready inside of the barrel. As she set them up the girl would remark about her parents retirement about how she never understood how it was a life someone could walk away from.
[break][break]
"I understand their reasoning, being a wandering shinobi isn’t the same as being tied to a village, we had no protection my people had to fend for themselves, That kind of life must be exhausting.” the girl only partially remembered the day the Hoshigakurians attacked her clan, as she got older she learned they were being attacked out of fear of their dojutsu whose abilities they hid from the people of Hoshi. When the attack happened Jun and her mother were away from their clans encampment. And thus Jun was spared any visuals of the destruction that she might’ve witnessed had she been present but always imagined it must’ve been a tragedy and still recalls the faces of her family members who she hasn’t seen since and wondered if they safe.
[break][break]
The last thing she remembers is being met by her father who had been told to send word to his family and told them not to return to camp. Jun who was a child at the time wanted to know why and was simply told they had no home to return to; many of the elders within the clan had foreseen something like this coming and had made preparations to leave beforehand but it didn’t make the eventual attack any less painful with the children like Jun being the most impacted.
[break] [break]
With nowhere to turn the Jun’s family left Bear country and found themselves displaced for 6 years until eventually catching the attention of shinobi from Yukigakure during their time in Yuki no Kuni who had informed them of another tribe of Muramatsan’s who had arrived in Yuki no Kuni. Feeling optimistic Jun and her family traveled to the hidden village where they were accepted into it’s ranks after proving their value and eventually found a home amongst the Muramatsan’s of Yukigakure.
[break][break]
"Originally we were from a land known as bear country, a lovely place really very woodsy with a plethora of woodland creatures.” she seemed rather fond of her home land when she talked about it even if she wasn’t there for long. "My people lived in small tents and we fended for ourselves, I spent my days learning how to hunt and even became somewhat adept at crafting my own weaponry, out of wood of course.” as the ship kept moving she never let those fish out of her sights, and with Kasumi telling her where to aim the girl would toss her net out towards her destination and landed nearly where she wanted just shy of perfection.
[break][break]
"Ha! Check…aww.” the girl seemed eager but a tad deflated she was hoping for a perfect landing but it was close enough, she was a bit of a perfectionist. However after catching the fish she’d reel them in still proud of her modicum of progress but she still expected more from herself. "Come lets load up this last barrel.”

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]539 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 22, 2023 12:47:13 GMT -5