Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl would explain her reasoning about her manner of posture she had stated that she’d be doing so from a position of power an amusing but interesting thought. She’d ponder it for a moment before giving an answer. "Well when negotiating from a position of power, one must have leverage and if our opponent is just as strong as we are, then appearing hostile will only invoke possible mistrust and hostility.” the girl would note correcting her manner of debate still keeping her polite tone.
[break][break]
"However if we were attempting some form of hostage negotiation or perhaps even terms of surrender then there may be some merit to resolving the issue using hostility, though I would prefer not too unless it were necessary.” Jun wasn’t exactly a pacifistic person by nature but she did prefer to resolve issues as tactfully as possible not wanting to waste any resource in a fight.
[break][break]
As the girl headed off she’d look back at Kasumi, "Will you be alright?” the girl would ask she always seemed so anxious and was slightly concerned Kasumi had already expended a great deal of energy earlier that morning helping bring everything in and helping the crew whilst Jun mostly gave orders and helped set up camp. "I don't mind starting first if need be, you've worked very hard for us today are you sure you don't want to get some rest?”
[break][break]
Jun may not've been the most experienced in the field but knew that Kasumi must've been quite tired and didn't want her overworking herself for the good of the mission. "I really don't mind." the girl was almost insisting at this point, removing her staff from it's case on her back ready to go at a moments notice.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]279 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 19, 2023 11:20:06 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 14, 2023 15:43:10 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi listened to the different dynamics of how negotiating worked and yada yada but... she had one problem with it, really. "They're not as strong as us. Of that, I feel confident. They don't call me the Demon of the Mist for nothing."

Arrogant? Maybe. Kasumi was not without her flaws though. As Jun continued to volunteer, nearly insisting on the first watch though... her pride was starting to lose out. She was starting to suspect that it'd be better to just let her have it, so she planned it out.

"Fine. You can take the first watch, then. I'll get some rest. You just make sure you wake me up in a few hours alright? If you start nodding off don't hesitate, alright? I'd rather you bother me than accidentally nod off." Kasumi said seriously, but quickly decided to add. "Not that I think you would. Just saying, if you start getting tired it's better to be safe."

She did remember that this mission was a joint one for a reason. Something to help their nations grow closer than they already were. Implying that their troops weren't up to par was probably counterintuitive.

"I'm gonna shut up now, feel like I'm rambling. I'll talk to you again in a couple hours, alright?"

With that, Kasumi would make her way to the tent she'd set up earlier. Ready to rest as the hard days work finally started to wear on her. Secretly, she was really happy that Jun volunteered for the first shift.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami, Demon's jacket

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 14, 2023 21:37:31 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl would listen in to Kasumi's posturing about how they weren't as strong as they were, her confidence put a smile on the young girls face. "Well let us be fortunate that, our enemies were spared the misfortune of suffering your wrath." however as the girl had taken out her staff in order to prepare herself for the first watch she was too take on.
[break][break]
She'd look back towards the woman who had agreed to allow her to take the first watch telling her to call her if she needed her. "But of course, I'll call if I need you." the woman would state as she headed towards the end of camp. "No not at all your concern is greatly appreciated I took no offense now go, even a demon needs her rest." she would joke before making her way out to the campsite and keeping watch.
[break][break]
A few hours would pass but there was seemingly nothing of note in the late hours of the night the girl would keep her eyes peeled looking out for any signs of trouble just then however the snarls of a wolf could be heard. The girl would raise her staff towards the creatures igniting the flame at the end of her weapon in order to draw them to retreat, for now it would appear that she was successful.
[break][break]
As the night went on however the girl would appear to succumb to fatigue and the first quarter of the night drew near. Eventually the wolves would return but this time however they were not alone, they came in a pack. Jun would raise her weapon one of them lunged towards her and she would swat it away with her flame tipped staff, causing it to whimper another would charge her and the girl would swiftly side step the creature only to have another attempt and maul her from behind.
[break][break]
It clawed at her back tearing into her jacket. She managed to toss it away from her but now found herself surrounded by the two beasts, one in front and one behind encircling her. She was always used to hunting wolves but never being hunted by them her commotion wasn't loud enough to startle the camp but surely someone with ears just might be able to hear the sounds of the snarling animals.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]347 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 14, 2023 21:39:49 GMT -5
Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 18, 2023 8:37:58 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi would nod at the girl, heading off to her tent to rest now... but she wasn't entirely able to sleep. She was trusting the watch to not only a Genin, but a Genin from a different village. Jun was nice and all, but Kasumi was of the opinion that the strongest ninja were in Kirigakure. Perhaps she was right. Perhaps she was wrong.

Either way, when the wolves came, Kasumi was roused from her half sleep enough to wander her way out.

Just in time to see the wolf claw at Jun's back. She frowned, hand on her sword now about to launch into action but she hesitated a moment. The Genin wasn't out of the fight yet, though the situation was certainly a bit sticky. Perhaps this was a chance to test out her theory about the Genin from other villages.

"Would you like some help?" Kasumi offered, her sword now drawn as she stood just far enough not to trigger the wolves onto her. Her voice did seem to distract the creatures for a moment though. "I'd hate to rob you of your prey. I think you can handle this."

Of course, that didn't mean that Kasumi wasn't ready to jump in the moment that something looked a little too dangerous. Wasn't that what a higher rank was supposed to do for their comrades? Allow them to take risks in a safer environment?

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Jutsu used:

Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 18, 2023 10:10:33 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl readied herself to do battle with the creatures she had prepared to utilize her Dojutsu, her pupils splitting apart forming into a tilde in the center with two circles on either side as customary of the "Jutsudogan" Shortly there after Kasumi would arrive and in that instance she would become a tad nervous, deactivating the technique and hoping Kasumi wouldn't notice in the cover of night it was possible she didn't see.
[break][break]
She may have been an ally but she didn't want to risk letting her in on her clan and village secret. Once the woman had arrived Jun figured Kasumi would join her in the fray but instead momentarily stood back however her voice seemed to provide a distraction.
[break][break]
The wolf would lunge towards her and she would quickly spin her body and smash the creature with her staff breaking off its jaw only to turn towards the other creature and spinning her staff allowing a pinwheel of fire to race towards it charring the poor creature and killing it.
[break][break]
As the other wolf limped away more than likely heading into a corner to crawl in and die the girl would put her staff away and turn towards her superior, she had felt she should've jumped into the fray regardless of whether or not Jun had it handled. "Prey?" the girl would say raising a brow. "With all due respect, I do not view this as some sort of hunt. I would not have felt patronized should you have chosen to help me, in fact I would've preffered it." the girl would say not wanting to sound too critical and more so meant it as a matter of fact she felt it was a fair statement, thought it may have been a bit brazen.
[break][break]
Jun felt that the wolves were a threat to their mission and should be treated as such, but shortly there after the girls demeanor would change. "Are you well rested, I didn't mean to wake you." she would say wanting to make sure she was in as good of shape as she could be.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]364 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 18, 2023 10:16:37 GMT -5
Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 19, 2023 17:25:54 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi would raise a brow and tilt her head a bit at Jun's reply. She supposed she got her answer to the question she was wondering earlier, but... she wouldn't lie and tell herself it wasn't just a little bit disappointing. The girl might have handled the fight well, and even did so without revealing whatever that extra ability she was surely hiding was, but didn't seem comfortable with the risks.

"Kid... missions like these exist so that you can take risks under the watch of a more talented and experienced teacher. I wouldn't let anything happen to you. If you're afraid of a risk with me as a safeguard, then how are ya gonna face one without a bodyguard?"

Kasumi shook her head a bit, wishing almost to hear what Kyouka would have done in this situation. She had a feeling it would have ended with more than a few broken bones for Jun.

"Sorry if that bothers you. You did handle it fine on your own though. Didn't even let slip any secret abilities. I was impressed. Next time I'll make sure I coddle you a bit more."

It might have been a little harshly worded, but... well, nobody ever said that Kasumi was a master of social tact and awareness. She always had a habit of saying how she felt about a situation.

"I'm fine. You can go get some sleep. The walls should be done early tomorrow, and we should be leaving shortly after the borders are set. Then we can get back to training and whatever else we're needed for."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 20, 2023 8:11:51 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Jun would stand her ground with her statement Kasumi would say that these are missions where people can take risks under the eye of a more experienced shinobi. Jun didn't see it that way, missions were collective and no one should be taking a risk even if there is supervision. She was chastised for her behavior and rose to defend herself. "I am capable of handling myself but regardless of whether or not I am, I feel that if danger is presented in any form we should dispatch it."
[break][break]
the girl would say trying to be cordial she didn't want to start an argument. "And it would be faster if the two of us were capable should the moment arrive." she'd add. The girl had more of a pragmatic view of things as opposed to Kasumi's more devil may care approach to handling missions.
[break][break]
As the girl remarked that she was well rested she noted the shift in her tone. Was Kasumi offended or upset at her actions? Perhaps this was the difference in ideologies of the two nations, an interesting facet to learn but one that she did not fully understand.
[break][break]
And while she didn't appreciate the jab at her needing to be coddled, she understood that this was merely her way of being and allow the feelings to subside as she went to rest. But before leaving she'd look towards the girl. "Alright, Best of luck to you Kasumi, call if you need me and my apologies if my behavior was unprofessional." she would say yet another smile, she had wondered if perhaps she figured she was being fake. Her apology more so directed towards her talking back to a superior rather than about her feelings.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]255 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 20, 2023 8:13:53 GMT -5
Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 20, 2023 20:04:27 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi was half expecting the meek Yuki ninja to cede the argument with her, but instead Jun stood her ground. Insisting that the mission is always smoother with full effort from everyone but... Kasumi might think that for missions with more difficulty. She'd been on enough C ranks to judge her abilities in her own eyes, she thought.

"Just a tip, Jun... if you have a believe and you want to stand up for it. Don't end it with an apology. It's not like I agree with you, but you won't get a point across if your closing statement is I apologize." She said, with a shrug and a smile crawling over her face. Both points might, objectively, be valid... but Kasumi wasn't ready to admit she'd done anything wrong.

Maybe the partnership from their two nations was going to be more than just economically fruitful?

After Jun went to bed, however, Kasumi wouldn't make an effort to wake the girl. There were a few more animals, but the Demon of the Mist was able to intimidate them from the camp. In fact, by the time Jun awoke, Kasumi had already begun working again. It wouldn't be long until the perimeter of the camp was done.

Much ahead of schedule due to Kasumi's rising strength physically. She made the 20 person crew start to seem like a 30 person crew as they worked their shift. When Jun did come out of her tent, Kasumi would greet her with a slight glean of sweat and a smile.

"Ah. Sleep well? Hope the scratch wasn't bothering you too much? Don't worry. We should be home soon. Then you can get it treated properly."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

Humble Beginnings (C rank, Jun)Jun 20, 2023 20:54:05 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl had overheard the woman as she began to depart who had told her not to apologize if she believed in what she was saying. "I suppose that is true...but I was always taught to respect my superiors no matter how much I disagree with them." the girl would say rather thoughtfully.
[break][break]
But she stopped to think on what Kasumi had stated about standing up for herself and felt that perhaps there was some merit. "However I can see how an apology does lessen the impact of the statement...so perhaps we can agree on something." she would say with a chuckle as she laughed at her shortcoming.
[break][break]
But shortly there after the adrenaline in her system would leave her body and she could feel the sting of the wound on her back. "I believe it was a surface wound but perhaps I'll take a look at it before I lie down, either way."
[break][break]
With that the girl would make her way to the campsite removing her jacket and inspecting her wound trying to treat it with whatever she could find in order to avoid some kind of nasty infection. All in all a successful outing and a lesson learned and most importantly her secret was safe with that eventually the girl would rest and with the walls completed things seemed to go off without issue.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]220 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 20, 2023 21:00:16 GMT -5