Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]With the week coming and going and having no major assignments from her instructor the young diplomatic spent her time making the long trek to a campground far from the village itself. She had been out here several times before and always had a special spot where she would build her campsite. However these outings were about practice as much as they were about self enjoyment she used them as survival exercises in order to keep her mind sharp and to not forget the lessons imparted on her by her family and clan.
[break][break]
Once she arrived she’d set up camp and forage in the wilderness for wild game to hunt, looking all around for what type of animals she could find, hoping to spot a moose or some sort of Bear that she could bring back to camp. The rivers were rather frigid this time of year and while they weren’t frozen it was unwise to attempt to catch fish in such a cold climate out of fear potentially falling ill in the even the waters or rapids proved to be too much for her.
[break][break]
In her hand the girl carried a spear that had a pointed edge and she’d look out towards the sound of rustling leaves she’d keep her eyes on it spotting something moving and would wait to see what would spring from it, keeping her spear at the ready. Eventually a small deer would exit from bushes and Jun would focus her aim and toss her spear nailing the creature right in the spine. "Checkmate!" the girl would say as she made her way over towards the deer however she would notice that the deer was struggling to cling to life perhaps her accuracy wasn't as clean as she thought. Noting this she'd remove a kunai from her pouch and would prepare to finish it off. "Poor creature my apologies." with that she would then stab the deer in the neck to finish it off. She’d rub the back of the creature lamenting the loss of life before taking it back to her campsite pulling it along preparing to set up her meal for later.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]361 WORDS / @yukihsiina

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 23, 2023 17:33:22 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
A Happy little campsiteJan 25, 2023 22:55:40 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 27 years old birthday August 14 rank A-Rank occupation Geisha
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG -

NOTES - 
After being relieved from her geisha duties, or rather, after she had resigned from her geisha house, Shiina found that there was no purpose in life. Well, to put it more accurately, she always had the underlying purpose in her life, to seek answers and acquire knowledge. But there was no immediate purpose, which meant she was simply a lone traveler. And the woman hadn't really left the Hot Springs country to venture out. The thought of leaving that country wasn't all that scary, especially for a practiced nukenin, but it definitely felt...strange. After careful consideration, she would visit one of the coldest countries known to man, not because she preferred the cold.

She had signed a contract with a temporary geisha house to do performances in the small villages of the Yuki no Kuni.

Wrapped in a silk kimono of purple and black, she sported a blue overcoat to cover the kimono. After having experienced the effects of being severely underdressed in the Land of Iron, Shiina was more than aware that she should wear a coat when she was traveling to a cold country. And the woman would take the first boat she could find at the crack of dawn, saying her temporary goodbyes to the hot springs she now yearned for. Anything to combat the cold. Pulling her overcoat a little closer to hug her body, she often found herself wondering how people in cold climates managed.

Again, Kumo had winters, but they paled against that of Land of Iron and Land of Snow.

True to the name of the country, Yuki no Kuni had quite a bit of snow. It was almost picturesque, as she stepped off the boat, immediately noticing the white landscape...and bitter cold. Her body trembled a little as she looked around. If she had been in better spirits, perhaps she would have wanted to linger, but by the time she arrived, it was already getting dark. And because she was in a different place, and a shinobi nation at that, she couldn't afford to allow her nukenin status to be compromised by venturing into any of the small villages, especially not without permission. She looked around her, weary that it meant she would have to set up camp somewhere for the night.

How she despised camping...
MADE BY MIZO

Nue has written 269 posts
A Happy little campsiteJan 26, 2023 15:26:18 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the young girl brought her meat back towards her camp she’d take the time to freshly cook her meat, skinning the creature and then keeping it’s hide tucked away after cleaning it something she could potentially make use of later. It was quiet as the evening wound down, her fire put out as she remained inside of her campsite reading a book to help her pass the time.
[break][break]
However as the young Muramatsan found herself enthralled within the pages of her literature which oddly enough was a book about astronomy she would hear a sound out in the distance could it be another animal or some sort of bandit, alarmed the girl would pick up her staff and make her way out into the woods the sun had gone down by now and as a precaution the girl would take her staff with her to use like a torch in the event that it had gotten too dark by the time she had decided to return to camp.
[break][break]
As she made her way through the the woodsy area she’d spot a woman with darker skin wearing a rather elegant set of robes, it was getting dark and Jun had wondered if the woman might’ve been lost. "Miss, Excuse me! Are you lost?” the girl would say calling out to the older looking woman. "My what lovely attire? What is someone with such exquisite attire doing all the way out here?” the woman would think to herself as she kept her distance waving her hand and offering a friendly smile as she slowly approached her.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]247 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 26, 2023 15:27:30 GMT -5
A Happy little campsiteJan 31, 2023 21:01:37 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG -

NOTES - 
The first sign that she was not alone was the smell of cooking meat, which seemed to be coming from a campsite of sorts. She could see the smoke, although faintly, in the distance. The thought of food made her stomach grumble uncontrollably, a late realization that she hadn't eaten yet that day. Still, she would continue her trek, one with no destination, trying to see if she could find a place for her to sleep for the night. The woman would think of her days as a shinobi, which was the last time she had done any kind of camping. As a geisha, she rarely lodged anywhere other than at ryokans, but as a shinobi, she had gone the whole nine yards. Sleeping out in the cold, with snow or not, had been one of the many things she hated when she went on missions outside of her own country, or went on missions which required her to stay out for more than one day.

And her thoughts would be interrupted by the voice of a girl. She had asked if Shiina was lost. From the looks of the girl, with silver-white hair and golden hues that matched her own. It would seem that the girl was holding a staff of sorts, probably having heard her footsteps. In trekking around the country, Shiina had forgotten to lighten her footsteps, something she usually was more inclined to do out of habit. But the snow had thrown her off, if she had to really pinpoint to the reason why the girl would even be able to hear her. "I think so..." the woman whispered in return, staring at the girl's purple parka and staff before returning her gaze. "I'm not from these parts so I had no idea where I was going."

That was true, Shiina rarely traveled, even when she was a missing nin, especially when she wasn't sure how many people knew of her true identity and subsequently allied with her country. As she grew stronger though and could find her footing a little better, she began venturing, only to where there were hot springs. The woman lived and breathed hot springs, after all. "Is that your campsite? I was wondering where that really nice smell of cooked meat was coming from..." the woman would say rather sheepishly, another growl of her stomach would be evidence enough that she was hungry.
MADE BY MIZO

A Happy little campsiteFeb 1, 2023 9:39:54 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Jun would approach the woman her motions a bit less reserved now that she was friendly the light of her torch becoming more apparent as she got closer the flame leaving a gentle warmth around the air. The woman would mention that she figured she was lost and wasn’t sure where she was going, and also wondering where the scent of meat was coming from. Jun hadn’t exactly recognized the kinds of clothes she was wearing and figured she must’ve simply been a foreigner.
[break][break]
"Well unfortunately, the nearest town is roughly a kilometer and a half away but you're welcome to come to my campsite, if you need somewhere to rest your head.” the woman would say as she turned about, towards the direction of camp. "Come along, I’ll guide you to the site.” as the girl kept walking she’d keep a vigilant eye out for any creatures of the night, wolves or bears that may be lurking about the winter forest was a beauteous place but it wasn’t without its dangers. "Oh where are my manners, Its a pleasure to meet you, I’m Jun, Jun Muramtsa.”
[break][break]
As the two wold arrive at her campsite. She’d notice that it was rather small, there was a fire pit in the center with meat still kept warm over its flame and a small tent with a lantern burning inside, with easily enough room for a second person. "I’ve got a spare set of blankets and an extra sleeping bag for you and you’re welcome to help yourself to the food I’ve already eaten so please eat to your hearts content.” upon returning to the campsite the girl would dispel the Katon Chakra that was running through her staff and would return to the fire.
[break][break]
As she settled against a log she'd look up at the stars as she took out a small notebook from her pocket flipping the page back open to a series of sketches allowing the woman some time to get comfortable. "So what brings you to Yuki no Kuni Miss?” the girl would say looking over towards her before breaking to look back towards her book, a fuinjutsu in hand as she practiced her craft.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]374 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 1, 2023 9:48:03 GMT -5
A Happy little campsiteFeb 2, 2023 16:49:03 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
Shiina bowed her head at the invitation from the younger girl, all the while wondering what she herself was doing out here in the cold. Surely the girl didn't prefer the wilderness over her own home, she mused. Of course, she knew that there were people who enjoyed a camping trip here or there, even though it was not exactly up her own alley. The thought of being out in the cold for any reason other than it being an absolute necessity seemed like torture to her, but she would not judge what others liked, she supposed. The two of them would reach the small tent, a warm and cozy one from the looks of it.

The smell of cooked meat was the first thing that caught her attention as her golden hues swept the small tent. It was definitely much better than the tents she herself had been in when she was a shinobi. Eyeing the girl while she moved, Shiina was rather intrigued by her. She wasn't someone who struck her as a particularly outside type of person, but also not reserved and refined like those who didn't like camping--like her. She took a seat close to the fire, thanking the girl for offering a place for her to sleep and an extra set of blankets.

There were genuinely kind people out there after all...

At the question of what brought her here, Shiina would think long and hard. It wasn't that she had to lie, for she did have a legitimate reason for stepping on Yuki no Kuni soil. But she was somehow weary of this question, as it was one that many seemed to ask of late. Curiosity at its finest, perhaps. "My name is Ran, I'm a geisha and I was asked to come to perform at a party. I simply arrived here a day earlier than I expected and had lost my way trying to find the small village." She indeed told the truth, which was somewhat rare for a nukenin like her. "What brings you out here in the cold? Are you a fan of camping?" Shiina couldn't possibly fathom any other reason someone would be here willingly, after all.
MADE BY MIZO

A Happy little campsiteFeb 3, 2023 16:36:49 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the woman was brought into her campsite and given a blanket she’d allow to get close to the fire and listen to her tell her tale but also noticed she hadn’t eaten yet. "Oh you’re a Geisha…? You must be headed to Byakuya!” the girl would state. If the woman had traveled here from Shisenno however she would have wondered why she wouldn’t have simply taken the trail to her destination.
[break][break]
It's dangerous to travel on foot especially during this time of night. "But you must’ve gone the wrong way, however…? Byakuya is at least a days walk from here.” it was more than likely that the woman had gotten some bad information or perhaps was in a hurry and went the wrong way out of the port city once she had arrived. "If you’d like I’m more than happy to take you to the nearest train station in the morning, I believe there’s one not to far form here.” with that the girl would place her small journal away, and remove a piece of meat from the spit offering up one of the pieces to her guest first.
[break][break]
If she accepted she would then feed herself it was common courtesy after all. However whilst she cozied up to the fire the woman would ask her about why she was out here all by herself and if she was a fan of camping. "Oh most certainly, I find nature incredibly fascinating. This is currently the 1st day of my 3 day trip, I’m attempting to use this as practice for instances in which I may find myself needing to survive in the wilderness.” the girl would say with an eager tone of voice as she ate more of her food, she was someone who always liked to be prepared and found camping in the cold eastern forest to be a fun challenge.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]307 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
A Happy little campsiteMar 10, 2023 10:41:33 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
Shiina would follow the girl to her campsite, giving a curt nod as she sat down. It was warm, no doubt, and warmth was something she appreciated more than anything. To say that the geisha didn't enjoy the cold was an understatement, her eyes traveling to look around the otherwise rather barren campsite interior. "That would be greatly appreciated..." the woman whispered, as Jun told her about Byakuya and how she would take her to the nearest train station the next morning. It gave her ample time to prepare for the performance the following night if she got to the place early enough and anything really was better than freezing to death in the snow.

The girl's next eager statement about learning how to get accustomed to the wilderness somewhat shocked the woman. It was not every day that she found herself talking to someone who would simply throw herself into the cold or into harsh conditions to learn something or another. But she did appreciate the discipline and reserve Jun had. "I can't say that I'm not surprised at your way of learning things..." although she too had done something similar in her days as a shinobi, this was far more extreme than she could ever imagine herself doing. "So I assume you do this often?"

Under the warmth of the fire, Shiina's mood brightened a fraction, and seeing as she was going to share the campsite with this new acquaintance, she thought it best to at least attempt at a lasting conversation, at least until either party was too sleepy to carry on. It was out of character though, as the woman was usually more reserved and less of the talkative type. Golden hues looked at the girl once over, before making a rather abrupt comment that perhaps could betray her true identity. "You seem to have the air of a kunoichi...for only shinobi would really have the resolve and thinking of doing such things as you..."
MADE BY MIZO

A Happy little campsiteMar 11, 2023 17:37:21 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl would snack on her piece of meat her hand she’d look over at the older woman who hadn’t taken her food from her and frowned slightly. "Aren’t you going to eat?” the girl would say simply shaking the piece she had offered the woman in her direction before taking a bite out of it herself should she refuse.
[break][break]
After the two had spoken on Jun being out here to camp she had said that she wasn’t surprised at her way of learning things which was a curious statement. "Well the only way to gain expertise in anything is to practice is it not? There’s always something to improve on and I’m always striving to do the best I can.” the girl would say, seeming rather pleased with herself. With that the girl would sit beside the fire and would remove a small notebook from her pocket turning a page and removing a small pen and would seemingly begin to sketch something a simple outline of the stars in the night sky.
[break][break]
As this went on the woman would ask her that she does this often. "As often as I can…when I have the free time between my work, its both an exercise and something of a hobby.” Jun found joy spending time outside since it was a rather common practice that the girl had when she was younger since she and her family spent the majority of their time outdoors.
[break][break]
Whilst she finished up her artwork she’d look to the woman, ready to say something but the woman would speak saying that she had an air of a shinobi about her. "What gave it away, was it my staff.” the girl would state remarking about how it glowed with a flame at the tip after it was lit when she found her. "Or do you simply entertain many shinobi in your line of work?" the girl was a geisha who knows how many years she'd be invested in the performing arts she seemed to be a bit older than herself and was likely quite experienced.
[break][break]
"Can you tell me what it’s like, I’ve never had the chance to attend a performance, a-and how long have you done it.” the girl would say an eager to her tone as she looked back up at the stars. "And of all places to perform what brings you here…?” it was an interesting place to go not many would come to such a frigid wasteland and it had her curious.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]355 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]