The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]

compose a reply
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Feb 7, 2023 6:58:37 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Things had been really quiet lately, some minor missions here and there, but in general the village had been... peaceful. It was equal parts disturbing and eerie, for Kimihiro peace wasn't a desirable state, nor one he handled well. Sure, he could train, and he did, but even the bandits seemed to be laying low right now which mean the wasn't able to be nearly as active as he would have liked. Still, he had to find something to keep himself occupied, which is why he found himself sitting on the side of a building looking out over the village, an artbook unfolded out in front of him with thick crayons as he scribbled his interpretation of the view in bright, unusual colours.

Passersby might stop and stare for a few moments, but few would question the oddities of a Kaguya, they were generally considered a bizarre lot and when combined with the usual quirks that came with being a higher ranked shinobi well, that wasn't really enough for anyone to be willing to get involved.

"Uwaa, I need to find something to do, why is it so dull right now!" he complained, flailing out with arms and legs for a few moments. Boredom, truly one of the great enemies of shinobi everywhere. How dare it strike him so!

Word Count: 219
Tags:

Eleri has written 108 posts
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Feb 15, 2023 16:37:00 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
The weather was ideal for a stroll through the village. It wasn't either too hot or too cold. It's not too windy or misty, and there's just enough sun. The young girl had no specific location in mind because she was just wandering the streets, getting to know her village and surroundings because she had only been in Kirigakure no Sato for three years. Her normal routines as a young student were pretty limited to the education institute and home. So, taking advantage of a relatively free day, she decided to go exploring by herself. She decided to turn the corner after looking around here and there when she ran into another person who was carefully observing something above them on the other side of the road. "I'm sorry," she said. The young female's light-blue eyes naturally followed.
[break][break]
An rubbed her eyes to make sure she was seeing what she thought she was seeing. And, yes, the figure of a white-haired figure holding an art book and crayons did not vanish. The figure was indeed that of a certain Kaguya whom An had met and felt strangely drawn to - Kaguya Kimihiro. Kimi-san is... drawing. That was not an activity An had anticipated the older man engaging in, ever. But, since she didn't know Kimihiro very well at the moment, discovering this side of him was quite amusing. Though she had no idea what this white-haired, red-eyed rabbit-like boy's artistic abilities were.
[break][break]

An, halt! Your family has taught you not to pass judgment! As she returned to reality, her small hands lightly slapped her face from both sides, leaving a very faint shade of pink on her soft cheeks. She had caught herself judging the other, not on the better side of the topic, which she did not like to do.
[break][break]
The other didn't seem to notice the girl's presence just yet, but they probably did because the other was a hundredfold better shinobi than the young student standing across him and carefully observing him from across the road hidden in the shade of the buildings. Anyone would have noticed An's gaze as she drilled holes with her eyes, trying really hard to imagine what exactly was Kimihiro drawing or more like why while comprehending the unexpected situation she had encountered.
[break][break]
She eventually decided to get closer to the man because she was familiar with him and her curiosity was getting the best of her. With a few swift jumps, she was on the top of the same building that Kimi was on. "Hello, Kimi-san," she said softly as she approached the edge of the roof more closely, hands on her knees half bent and her long ponytail dangling to one side. Her body lowered slightly in a friendly gesture. "What are you doing?" It was obvious what the other was doing, but the girl thought it was, nevertheless, polite to ask the question, and it was also a chance to look at the masterpiece that she was so interested in, as the conversation would undoubtedly reach that point.
[break][break]
She decided to stay on the roof, her eyes closely observing the top of the head, which resembled that of a soft rabbit.
[break][break]
共生遺伝学| Kyōsei Iden-Gaku [lit.Symbiotic Genetics]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter.
[break]
[Everything is directly determined by the clan member's rank and skill.]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 531
[break]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Gurē An on Feb 16, 2023 15:50:06 GMT -5
Yofie has written 346 posts
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Feb 21, 2023 6:54:25 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Eyes on him in Kirigakure wasn't unusual, the Kaguya clan tended to get that reaction in positive or negative ways depending on who was staring, so he simply ignored it. Someone hopping up onto the building wasn't exactly hard for him to notice either, but Kimihiro continued to work on his sketch, if they weren't going to bother him then he wouldn't bother them either.

It wasn't until he heard the voice that greeted him that he looked away from his sketchbook, leaning backwards until his back was pressed against the wall of the building so he could see the young face staring down at him, unable to defy gravity in quite the way that he had.

"Anpan-chan, you jumped up the building? That's pretty impressive for a student," he said with a broad grin, his body folding in on itself as he brought his legs up and over his head to hook on the side of the building by her face and then uncurled in an instant to suddenly be standing beside the girl looking down at her, ignoring the feeling of a number of eyes locked on to him after that little maneuver.

"I was drawing because I was board, wanna see?" he offered the sketch pad, looking down at his hands and then blinking. A quick glance over the edge of the roof led him to find the three missing crayons smashed to pieces on the ground.

"Mou..."

Should the girl take a look in the offered sketchbook, she'd find a surprisingly solid rendition of Kirigakure from their position.. though some creative liberties were clearly taken.

Word Count: 269
Tags:

The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Feb 25, 2023 6:01:18 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Oho! The opportunity to see the masterpiece the other was working on had come much sooner than the Gure had anticipated. "OF COURSE!" she exclaimed, perhaps a little too excitedly, as her palms crossed across her mouth and her cheeks were a light pink color. "Kimi-san is offering, of course, I want to look," she said, clearing her throat to calm herself down. What she saw was, indeed, a masterpiece... a creative masterpiece. The picture itself was quite well made, but the color choice… was indeed unique. "It's fantastic! I had no idea Kimi-san could or was interested in drawing. When did you start drawing?" She inquired, intrigued; aside from the unusual color scheme, the actual art was excellent. The village seemed to come to life in the white-haired rabbit-like male's drawing, despite the fact that it was mostly made up of buildings and nature.
[break][break]
"Kimi-san, if you are free, would you train with me?" An asked as Kimi seemed not to have any concrete plans either. "You see, I've been working hard with my clan's ability since our training session, but somehow... it's not coming together all that well. I can resist the toxins of fungi, make them appear on me or surface, but together…"
[break][break]

[break][break]
She paused for a second before clenching her fists together and bringing them up just next to her shoulders, her face filled with excitement, "so… would you teach me again?" An had picked up on Kimi's eccentric nature here and there in the village, which she did not necessarily agree with since the other person appeared quite adorable and normal to the girl, and he was an excellent teacher from whom the young girl enjoyed learning. As she looked straight into the two red ones across her, her light-blue hues seemed to sparkle in them.
[break][break]
If Kimi agreed An would follow him to his choice of training grounds, as the older one probably knew better where it was best to train such things.
[break][break]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter.
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 378
[break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Mar 9, 2023 7:56:15 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Smiling at the girl's enthusiasm, he shrugged "sometimes you just need something to pass the time with, I can't really remember learning." That was the way of things on occasion, with shinobi simply picking up odd habits and hobbies as they continued their lives, probably some sort of coping strategy truth be told. Not that he had ever thought about it. 

Blinking slightly at the request, the Kaguya, crouched down on top of the edge of the building, looking An in the eyes for a long moment as he considered what she said. "I dunno why you keep comin' to me for help sweetroll, but I can try my best," he said after he had finished his staring. Reaching forward, Kimihiro mussed her hair up, unable to resist in the face of such adorability.

Plus, learning more about another clan's secrets was amusing enough to have motivated him even if she had been an obnoxious brat. Which she wasn't.

Without a thought he scooped her up into his arms (proper princess carry of course) and took off across the village at top natural speed, his movements likely far faster than she'd ever moved on her own, but really he couldn't be bothered taking the slow way. Soon enough the duo would find themselves in one of the village's training grounds, one designed to resemble the darker forests of the island, as it seemed most useful for training the young Gure.

"So Anpan-chan, what exactly is it you need help with?" 

Word Count: 250
Tags:
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Mar 11, 2023 14:10:00 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Because Kimi-san is the best!" she said confidently, before being swept off her feet into a princess carry, seconds before the two of them dashed over the entire village at a speed An had never experienced before in her life until they arrived at one of the training areas. That was fantastic! She had thought to herself as her eyes sparkled with the adrenaline she had just experienced. The speed they traveled was something out of this world, and something An hoped she would be able to achieve one day too.
[break][break]
An was gently returned to the ground. The place they had arrived at had a very dark vibe to it; the forest was densely forested and lush, allowing little sunlight to pass through and giving the place an eerie vibe. At least, for the light-blue-haired Gurē girl.
[break][break]
"I need some help mastering how to use all of my abilities at once," she replied, confident that her good teacher had a solution to her current difficult problem. Her struggle could be summed up by the fact that she was unable to sustain all of her skills at the same time, which was absolutely necessary if she was to become a true Gurē.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 203
[break]

The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Mar 13, 2023 4:49:55 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Listening to what the girl wanted to achieve, he nodded slightly in thought, "well, I think the best thing to do right now would be for you to attack me," he said with a grin. "You need some practical experience using your abilities, and there's nothing more practical than tryin to use them on someone. I'll try and dodge of course, and watch how you go. Maybe I'll even try to show you how I'd do what you are tryin with my own abilties, even if Kaguya and Gure are pretty different it might at least give you an idea~"

Really, helping someone from another clan train their kekkai genkai was hard because he didn't have any real frame of reference for it. He could teach taijutsu, or swordsmanship, heck he could teach some ninjutsu and fuinjutsu too, but another Kekkai Genkai? Well, that required some creativity and a whole lotta luck. He wasn't too sure he could pull this off, but he wanted to help the little Gure girl get stronger, she reminded him a little of himself as a kid, but like... way better adjusted, and in a much better situation.

He didn't want her to end up like him, not at all, so he wasn't about to use his brothers' training techniques to help her along. That kind of training might have made Kimihiro lethal during the civil war, but it had absolutely destroyed any chance of a childhood or, he could admit, the chance to be even close to 'sane' for a shinobi.

"Whaddya say? Up for some ninja tag?~"  

He smiled, wide and honest, because she deserved better than he got.

Word Count: 276
Tags:

The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Mar 19, 2023 15:11:52 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An's eyes lit up once more when she heard that she might be able to witness a demonstration of the Kaguya ability. Of course, the girl knew what a member of the Kaguya clan could do because they were one of the biggest clans in the village, but she had never seen it with her own eyes, and in most cases, an academy student like her wouldn't, at least not unless one of her classmates was from the said clan, and even then, the young students were not the best representatives of a clan's abilities, with some exceptions.
[break][break]
"YES!" she exclaimed, a little too excitedly, "hm, I mean, of course. I believe in Kimi-san and would like to see how you use your abilities too." Her response was straightforward because the young girl felt close to the older boy and was confident that he would not misinterpret her words.
[break][break]
"I am ready," she said confidently, with a smile on her face even if her mind wasn't. Some doubts lingered for a moment, such as whether she would be able to catch up to the other and whether she would be able to do a good job, as she didn't want to disappoint the other, who was using his valuable time for the girl.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 213
[break]

The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Apr 8, 2023 21:54:54 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Blinking slightly, the Kaguya realised that he might have been expecting a bit much from the girl to have her start off by attacking him. After all, she probably had no idea what she was even able to do in a combat situation with her ability, so he should probably try to give her something to at least emulate before expecting her to branch off. Teaching was a lot harder than he had thought, he hadn't anticipated having to use his brain so much to explain things, but then most of his instructors had just thrown him at tasks to sink or swim, and he was self aware enough to know that he'd been messed up by that.

Not self aware enough to care about the horrors that were his own training, but it was good enough that he wasn't willing to subject others to that style of learning.

"Ok, we'll start, but you gotta try and be creative with what you can do when you get started, ok?" he stated, his foot twisting slightly as he extended bone into the soft ground beneath them, tendrils of his skeleton burrowing towards the girl unseen, spreading out beneath where she was standing, and then bursting from the ground at a high speed, spears of hardened bone shooting forwards to... gently boop her on the nose and catch her if she stumbled.

Lifting his foot so she could see where the pale material emerged from the ball of the foot, he gave her a slightly crooked grin. "My clan is usually pretty straight forward with things, and doing that is pretty hard for me, but I bet it'd be useful for a Gure like you. Now, attack me, let's see what you can do~"

Word Count: 292
Tags:

The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]Apr 18, 2023 13:08:28 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An gave a nod. The silky-soft-haired girl was caught aback by the rapid movement, so the least she could say was that it was unexpected. She had no notion or time to react to the older man's unexpected display of talents. On the one hand, it was slightly terrifying as a realization of some sort came down on the young shinobi about the vast ocean between them in terms of skill, not that it was a secret, and on the other hand, it was an absolute awe-like state, as she confirmed to herself that she was being taught by an absolutely awesome and strong individual. "Amazing," she whispered gently under her breath, unsure whether the other person heard her.
[break][break]
It was an intriguing move, and perhaps a way An could use her expertise as well, she thought to herself as she contemplated how to demonstrate her clan powers. She had an idea, probably a juvenile one, but she was only nine years old after all. Unlike the other, she charged straight at Kimi, springing up in the middle and transforming a portion of her arm into an Earthstar Fungi shape, concentrating her chakra at the tip and releasing hardened, round-shaped spores in a fast fire in the direction of the white-haired boy. Because the spores are the size and hardness of little metal balls, they should be easy to avoid.
[break][break]
Because staying in mid-air may be dangerous for the young shinobi, she landed back on the ground, jumping further away from her target and doing the same thing he had done previously, albeit not as deftly or quickly. The end outcome was similar to Kimi's but with a little Gure twist: instead of spears formed of bones, a diversified fungal growth grew up, with the mushrooms bursting open and releasing a small wave of spores upon impact. As it is only somewhat stinky, it is not causing any serious harm. A stronger wave of wind should be able to scatter them all out.
[break][break]
"Is this creative?" she inquired in a little naughty tone, as the excitement had gotten to her a little too much as she waited for the others' counter-attack while thinking about her own.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 367
[break]

last edit by Gurē An on Apr 18, 2023 13:08:47 GMT -5
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]May 3, 2023 6:49:16 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Disintegrating the bone with a thought, Kimihiro waited to see how An would act now, seeing her face go through a number of emotions that she should really learn to hide, but right now it was just cute. She seemed to get a determined look on her face, and so he readied himself for what she was going to try. He didn't really move as she charged at him, content to see her try out her abilities to her own comfort and simply react to them.

His eyes widened slightly as she jumped up and transformed her arm, small pellets shooting out at him at reasonably impressive speeds. Expanding out his arm bones, Kimihiro caught a couple of the pellets in a shield of bone, having layered it with different densities to figure out the strength of An's attack, though it seemed she wasn't done yet. A series of mushrooms popped up around him, slow enough that he could have easily avoided them if he wanted to, but interesting enough that he didn't bother in order to see what happened next.

Struck with a wave of stinky spores, the Kaguya coughed heavily, waving a hand in front of his face to try and clear the air of what seemed to be an impressively smelly fart bomb. Once he could breath well enough to speak, Kimihiro dropped his bone shield to look at later, instead clapping with a wide grin on his face.

"That was really good, if you work at both those techniques they could be super useful in battle!~" he declared, pointing his left hand at a nearby tree and launching his finger bones at them with Shiragiku no Mai, the spinning, hardened bone boring five neat little holes into the hardwood. It was basically the same principle as An's little trick with transforming her arm, though doing it in a different way.

"Ne... can you control the mushrooms after they've left your body?" he asked, a sudden thought striking him as he tugged at the thread in his lip.

Word Count: 341
Tags:
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]May 5, 2023 10:55:57 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

A counter-attack did not follow, at least not for the time being. Making the young girl relax a little, she still kept her distance from the other, after all, their training session had not yet ended, and it was fairly typical for the "teacher" to stop in the middle of something to explain or demonstrate something.
[break][break]
"Thank you, Kimi-san!" An said, smiling at the compliments. The young girl had just remembered something she read in an encyclopedia like a book about mushrooms, which were not lacking in a family like Gure, about the qualities of a said fungus, and to her surprise, it even gained her acclaim. It was critical for her to explore and understand more about fungi because it was in her bloodline.
[break][break]
She examined the demonstration her teacher gave her of a comparable technique she had just used, but it was clearly far more optimized than the one the young academy student had just used. An felt that she still had a long way to go.
[break][break]
"I can control them to some extent, but I'm not sure if it's the same way Kimi-san imagined," she said, raising her hand to her face as her head leaned slightly sideways, conveying her hesitation. "What kind of control did you think about?" she questioned after a brief pause, not knowing whether it was something she could do or not. But trying wouldn't hurt, hopefully.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 234
[break]

The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]May 11, 2023 6:59:23 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Smiling slightly at the girl's answer, the Kaguya began walking towards her slowly with his hands on his hips. "I cooooooould tell you, or I could let you figure it out yourself~" he said teasingly, "I want you to stop me reaching you using only your kekkai genkai. You're not allowed to move from your spot, and you're not meant to hurt me. Ok?" Kimihiro was wondering if An would be able to figure out the idea that he had just had for her use. It was something he himself would have liked to be able to do, but unfortunately his own abilties basically became 'dead' bone when they detached from him.

If she could manage to make it work, even if it couldn't actually stop him, then she'd have the foundation for a terrifyingly powerful jutsu later on, a thought that made him grin even more widely.

"If you don't stop me, I'm gonna boop you right on the snoot," he declared, "aaaaaaaand I won't take you to get lunch after this!" His dramatic and terrifying threats unleashed upon the poor and obviously terrified Academy student, Kimihiro would continue to very slowly walk forward, his limbs slowly but inexorably swinging into place as he began to cross the distance between them at a snail's pace.

He actually wanted her to succeed after all.

Word Count: 224
Tags:

last edit by Kaguya Kimihiro on May 11, 2023 7:08:21 GMT -5
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]May 21, 2023 12:31:18 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Mou~, Kimi-san," the young girl let out a playful whine, but on the inside, she was relieved her mentor wasn't handing her the answer on a silver platter and spoon-feeding it to her. An understood the motivation behind Kimi's acts and the methods he chose to instruct the little child.
[break][break]
As she listened to the topic of her assignment, An's head was immediately attempting to think of ways she could achieve this seemingly difficult work, "I will try my best!" At the end of Kimi's second phrase, she let out a little whimper, "No~." A boop on the nose sounded terrific on its own, but no lunch was something the young girl was determined to avoid. The girl really enjoyed eating and was grateful for the food she was able to eat.
[break][break]
As Kimi got closer and closer, a few ideas came to An, almost like a revelation. An performed a few hand seals as she reached her both palms to the ground, sending her chakra in a straight line to the path the other was walking on, releasing it all around him, making mushrooms of varying sizes pop up around him, as they tried to act as a wall or an enclosure of some sort on all sides, hoping that it would keep him in one place.
[break][break]
The second function of those mushrooms was to secrete an extremely slimy and sticky secretion to the ground at a rapid rate, making it difficult to move around even if the mushrooms were dealt with.
[break][break]
But she was still not quite sure whether this would be enough to stop the man in front of her, as the difference in their expertise was as vast as the ocean at this point in time. And another small problem was that it would be near impossible for the young girl to maintain all these jutsu at the same time for a long duration of time, as her chakra pool was still relatively normal, which meant it drained quite quickly and her chakra control was still somehow on the weaker side.
[break][break]
Was this the way Kimihiro had in his mind a lingering thought the young shinobi-to-be had in her mind, as she waited for some action and feedback from the other?
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 375
[break]

last edit by Gurē An on May 21, 2023 12:34:57 GMT -5
The Rabbit and the Sweet Roll [Gure An]May 30, 2023 8:22:32 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

As the mushrooms popped up around him he continued to slowly stride forward, not putting too much strength into his movements but also not succumbing to the first inconvenience. He was smiling slightly as he moved though, while it wasn't what he had been trying to push her into trying, the barrier of fungus mixed with sticky secretions was a clever move, and he rewarded it by slowing down somewhat as he let the goo drag on his feet.

"Ne, if you can make this stuff smell really bad, that'd help, or perhaps there are other ways you could make this stronger..." he pointed out as he continued to walk towards the girl, arm raising up as though in preparation for the boop that he had threatened to deliver.

He did hope that she would pick up on his comment about controlling the mushrooms after they had spawned, because if she was able to use fungus to take control of someone or something and manipulate it then she would have an absolutely terrifying ability once she fully refined it. Still, if she didn't realise that was what he had been hinting at, but still added something more to her attempts to stop him, then he'd consider it a job well done.

After all, she had come a pretty long way from that time he'd helped her get used to toxic fungus, and she was thinking creatively about what she was doing. He just hoped he could push her a little further, go beyond her current limits.

Word Count: 256
Tags: