// Zakku //

I could go supersonic
The problem's chronic
Tell me does life exist beyond it
When I need to sate
I just accelerate
Into oblivion

N/A

The sands were always so peaceful in the pre dawn.  There were no expectations out here.  No one to judge you for doing too much or too little.  It was the most peace Zakku experiences in the day.  Standing on a rock he  took a long drag of his morning blunt.  The greens were coming in nicely and his product was ready.  Now he just had to finish drying the goods and then wrap them up.  Exhaling the smoke he could see the first few rays on sunshine begin to appear over the distant sands that looked like he could run right up to the sun.  "No more time to waste."

Speed of Sound
Bracing himself in a runners stance Zakku let the sun begin to light up the sands before him.  Feeling his heart pump in anticipation he inhaled one last lungfull of smoke and held it.  Dropping the Blunt from his mouth he'd never see it hit the ground as he fired off kicking a large plume of sand as he shot off.

Running was nothing to the Blue haired Shinobi.  Keeping a fast pace was something he accelerated at. (heh) He didn't have to pump his arms as fast as his legs moved and kept himself low decreasing his air resistance.  That always increased his speed but he had to go faster.  He had to be the fastest in Sunagakure.  No the world.    Feeling the warm rays of the sun on his back he turned making a sharp right and pulled his sunglasses over his eyes.  The tinted lenses blocking the harshest of the suns rays also blocked the sand the had begun to stir from the wind and his own running.  

A smiled covered his face as he took a bit of time to just enjoy the speed.  There was always a sense of calm that covered Zakku when he ran.  Whether it was on a mission or on his own time like now he always enjoyed it.  Reaching down he'd lightly touch the sand letting his hand skirt it making the dust cloud behind him a bit bigger.  He could go faster though.  Not right now.  Now was time to enjoy the sensation.  Holding his arms out wide he let the wind push against him but he was faster.  He could go faster with his chakra but he wanted to work on making sure he could go faster with just his speed alone.  He couldn't rely on his chakra all the time.  At least he didn't want to.  

Leaning forward once more he picked up speed the dust cloud slowly beginning farther from where he stepped.  He was getting faster!  Pumping his arms faster he picked up the pace feeling his chakra ready to flow and push his muscles but he held it back.  Not yet.  He had to push himself without his chakra.  He had to keep running.  Darting through boulders and past cactus Zakku kept going pushing himself harder.  Each step putting him further from the dust cloud he kicked up.  

'NOW!'  Zakku unleashed his chakra.  Lightning coursed through his muscles and he could feel the rush.  Something was different this time though.  The feeling of this speed was different.  The air began to sting his face and there was a cone that began to form around him.  He wanted to reach out but he couldn't.  It was harder to breath.  Clenching his teeth he demanded his legs keep going.  Then it happened.  Just before he could go any faster his legs gave out.

Zakku slammed and rolled across the sand like a smooth stone thrown across a lake.  Cursing with each hit until he slid to stop Zakku panted hard.  "Come on....Come on!"  Pulling himself up to his knees he willed himself to stand up but the moment he tried to put weight on his leg it collapsed once more.  How fast had he gone?  How much faster could he go?  "Come...on.....COME ON!"  Zakku screamed at his legs and forced himself to stand up with a defiant scream.  Though they felt like Jelly he was standing.  With a chuckle Zakku ran his hands through his hair.  "Good job, but that was the easy part."  Taking another step he collapsed once more and cursed again.
Duh Dood has written 540 posts
Fastest in Suna *training*Feb 8, 2023 10:58:20 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

I could go supersonic
The problem's chronic
When I need to sate
I just accelerate
Into oblivion

N/A

Laying face down in the sand Zakku groaned.  His legs refused to work no he'd gone to fast and had pushed his muscles too much.  Now he had to let them recover.  With a defiant scream Zakku drove one of his metal stakes into a boulder and pulled himself onto it with a loud grunt.  His legs dangled uselessly as he used his arms to pull himself up onto the rock.

Panting he extracted his metal stakes and rolled onto his back.  Staring up at the sky and let the unforgiving Suna Sun hit him with its heated gaze.  It felt nice to him even if his legs throbbed and refused to move.  His green eyes moved around as he watched birds fly by.  Often finding himself jealous of their freedom he was glad to be human.  They operated on their instincts.  He operated with thinking (sometimes) and planned out actions.  Instinct wasn't all that bad though.  It'd kept him alive in numerous situations.  

Something was near.  Sitting up with a jolt he saw a pack of Hyena Rats sniffing around the rock he'd pulled himself up on  "Oh.  Hey everyone."  Talking to them like an old friend he was rewarded with the older one staring at him and let out a huff as it went back to sniffing for whatever interested them.  Watching as they moved around his rock he moved himself back a bit.  Without any provocation one of the animals jumped onto the rock and laid down side eying the blue haired shinobi.  Reaching out Zakku touched the soft fur and began to pet it getting a heavy sigh from the animal.  "Yeah I know you all have the roughest life."  The Hyena Rats began to gather around the rock and lay down a few chasing each other for fun around the sand.

Smiling as he watched the animals play he kept petting his new friend as it closed it's eyes enjoying the attention.  They stayed near him even as his legs began to work again.  The one he'd affectionally began to refer to as 'Clover' had moved into his lap and laid with its head up his chest.  Zakku stroked it's fur listening to it purr or attempt at it.  Another Hyena Rat climbed up and laid down against Zakkus leg.  "Heya buddy."  Reaching out he began to pet his newest friend who rolled lazily onto his back and exposed his tummy for the Chunin to rub and scratch which Zakku happily did.

Zakku guessed that it was close to noon.  The sun was directly above him and his new gaggle of friends.  Clover was fast asleep snoring and the rest of the pack were either playing in the sand or sleeping next to or around Zakku.  

Reaching into his pack he removed his jerky bag and instantly all eyes were on him.  Each face looking at him expectantly as he opened his bag.  Jerky was his favorite snack.  It lasted a long time and it was easy to keep hidden in his pack.  Not from Ayukawa though.  She'd always managed to find his hidden snack stash.  Throwing his friends a piece he began to eat.  Clover happily munched of the dehydrated meat as she let Zakku stand up.  His legs still throbbed but he could use them at least.  

Dropping down off the rock a few of the Hyena Rats joined him.  Shaking off their fur and stretching out they stared at the blue haired Chunin curiously.  Stretching himself out he bounced about readying to run again.  Stopping to look back at the others they stared at him a few wagging their tails.  "What?"  One let out an excited whine.  "Oh you want me to play with you."  Another yipped panting happily.  

Bouncing back and forth Zakku smiled and clapped his hands together.  "Alright we'll play."  The ones that wanted to play ran around him as he pet them and riled them up.  As he began to run the playful group joined him.  They yipped and bit at each other trying to keep up with Zakku.  Laughing he taunted them with his hands letting them nip and bite at it.  A few got him but there was no pain.  They didn't want to hurt him they just wanted to play with him.  This was more fun than just running.
Fastest in Suna *training*Feb 7, 2024 16:53:46 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

I could go supersonic
The problem's chronic
When I need to sate
I just accelerate
Into oblivion

N/A

"So here's the main problem."  Zakku explained as he used one of his kunai to draw on a rock.  "Once I reach a certain speed this cone of air starts to form around me."  He carved a cone around a stick figure running.  "Then it's like the air is trying to stop me from getting faster.  Natures always had it out for me."  Zakku scratched in arrows to show the air pushing against the stick figure.  "So with what my rational and totally not inebriated mind has come up with is I need to faster.  Any objections?"

The hyena Rats stared blankly.  A pair wrestled and played biting and nipping at each other.  Zakkus clone raised a hand.  "We'd need a bit more chakra than what we've attempted before.  Can our muscles even take that much chakra?"  Zakku glanced down at the scars on his hands and let out a sigh.

"Well...I don't know.  But if there was ever a time to try  It'd be now."  His clone disappeared in a puff of smoke as he replaced his kunai in his pack.  Stretching out his arms and legs he moved out away from the rock.

Fastest you'll ever see
Zakku began hopping back and forth on his feet and shaking his arms out.  A couple of curious Hyena rats sat up to watch as Zakku bounced on his feet.  Crouching down he'd assume his runners stance.  Taking in slow even breaths he felt the familiar tingle of his chakra coursing through his muscles.  This was it he knew it.  There would be no other chances.  This was the only chance he needed.

"SPEED BREAK!"  Zakku called out and with a thunderous 'CRACK' He disappeared.  Zakku raced across the sand letting his chakra flow freely through his body.  Each footstep was getting faster as he leaned further forwards letting his arms hang behind him.  Lowering his goggles over his eyes he blinked the dryness out of his eyes.  

"WOO!"  Zakku called out as the air began to scream louder in his ears.  Then the cone started forming again.  This was is.  Pushing more chakra into his muscles his legs moved quicker and the cone of air was starting to shrink over him.  The noises began to sound distorted as he continued pushing himself.  "COME ON!  COME ON!"  He screamed as the cone began to close infront of him.  It was now or never.  With a defiant yell either out of frustration or just his sheer determination his chakra mixed with his muscles in the just the right way.

A sonic boom sounded throwing a mountain of sand into the air as t blue blur shot out into the desert.  Zakku watched the world rush by him at a rate he'd only dreamed of.  He smiled widely.  He'd done it!  He'd actually done it!  Zakku cheered and yelled as he sped deeper into the desert.  "I'M THE COOLEST!"

Finally Zakku realized he'd gone to far and tried to slow down.  He slowed his momentum until he could reasonably stop.  Sliding and kicking up sand Zakku collapsed onto a large rock panting.  He laughed in between breaths as he pulled himself up further onto the rock.  Rolling onto his back he'd never welcomed the harsh Suna sun to warm him up but today was the day.  How far had he gone?  

Gathering up enough of his strength Zakku grabbed his pantlegs and pulled himself up into a sitting position.  A couple of plumes of sand told he he was where he'd never wanted to tread.  Where nobody ever wanted to tread.  He was smack dab in the middle of Sandworm country.  "Oh cool thanks me."