sea wolves [C-Rank]

compose a reply
sea wolves [C-Rank]Feb 17, 2023 14:44:21 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"sea wolves".
A true Shinobi is always ready to embrace death.
Not today, though.
MissingNo

Out of shadows.

Bio research takes the time. And being useless wasn't a thing that could held Wahei for longer. The Ne routine has been successfully craved in his DNA, but sometimes even the foundation needed their members to rest easy. Well, that simply didn't fit with the moment the young chunin was living. If he ever wanted to become the ninja he was meant to be, he'd have to work twice as hard.

- Thank you, -san - he said, leaving Tomoni's room with a scroll in his hands. It seems he'd going to be back at Port City sooner than expected. This time, though, no tricks. - "Those Pirates... we need to pierce this criminal system in the heart or they will keep spreading and gaining terrain..." - "Or sea, in this case" - "Yeah". - he left the building, heading straight towards the Uchiha district.

Along the way, he witnessed a black haired dressed in read noisy girl shouting at an Inuzuka boy loudly enough to disturb the ones around them and giving him a strong headache - surprisingly stronger than having voices struggling in his head in a daily basis.

"So, another opportunity to work along a fellow ninja. Ready to meet this Uchiha girl?" - "Yes. And actually, I know her already" - "Eh? You savage-hound dirty bastard" - "NO! - I mean - I really know her. She was... Yoru's girlfriend." - "Oh... I see... YOU FREAKING SAVAGE HOUND DIRTY BASTARD!" - "Our little fragile bird has grown to became a very naughty dog, isn't that lovely?" - "Alright, just shut up already! The both of you. What is wrong with you these days?" - "Our synthetic body is reaching puberty, I'm afraid" - "Now you? I'm gonna end up killing myself" - "I'm dead serious. can't you see? Puberty is all over us".

Getting there, Wahei left a note at the Uchiha's door.

SEA WOLVES
Mission Rank: C

Description:

In recent times sea trade has become dangerous and merchant ships going from the land of Fire have been harassed and raided for their cargo by pirates. In order to secure the trade routes going towards their allies, you have been assigned to protect the ships along with a chunin.

Find Kazuhira Wahei at the alley close to the southern gate tomorrow at 6AM for further instructions.
At the other day, Wahei would be at the rendezvous spot fifteen minutes before the schedule. Getting there, he'd wait for Tokaku to show up. - Hello, Tokaku-san. - he said with a soft tone - It's nice to see you again - even though the last time they saw eachother was probably in a really worse situation, meaning Yoru's funeral.

"I'm nothing but a memory. I have no name. I have no present or future. All that I am now, is a missing number

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).
Sea raids over and over ! ! ! [01/15]
- No parrots for the misfits though -
[  | ]
[389 Words]

SUBMISSION THREAD.
last edit by Wahei on Feb 24, 2023 9:35:00 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 491 posts
sea wolves [C-Rank]Feb 21, 2023 9:57:46 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
I have an entire world filled with reasons to become stronger!
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday March 17th rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor
Did… did he arrive too early? No, that couldn’t be, a shinobi doesn’t mess up the time schedule that hard. Hi no Kuni was also a neighbor to Nohara no Kuni, so it wasn’t as if the passage of time during the journey over here made any difference. Just in case, however, Kojirou checked up with the gate guards upon his arrival… and lo and behold-

He was several days early. It left the gate guards scratching the backs of their heads at the scenario, now having a Kusa-nin just wandering into Konohagakure without much of a plan. Well, let things come as they go, that was his motto. Konohagakure was an allied village, so Kojirou still felt like he was in safe hands… but it made him think. How would it go visiting Kuwana in the near future? There was a Chūnin Exam coming up soon, and Kojirou was adamant to participate in this one. He’d already missed out on a lot of opportunities in the past given his lack of a team, but this year, everything would be different.

Concerning the mission he was supposed to execute with a fellow Konoha-nin, the prior reason to him being here in the first place, had to be postponed for the duration of his time here. Until then, maybe he could meet up with Shigure-senpai… y’know, have a look at the rest of these legendary Hyūgas. Maybe they’d be impressed by him wielding a katana or two; as much as he knew, Hyūgas weren’t too focused on weaponry or Bukijutsu, so... that was an idea.

But Shigure-senpai was likely a very busy shinobi. No, Kojirou shouldn’t bother him just yet – there were many other places to go to. But it was late, so Kojirou hit up on an inn to recover from his travel... but in the inn, he was met with interesting small-talk. An increase in troubles at sea, especially concerning merchants who got their ships ambushed by a group of people called ‘pirates’.

... I haven’t been to the sea in... ever! Wait, this is a great opportunity to fix that!

Therefore, Wahei could spot it from a distance – a boy around the same age (visually, not factually) – clad in a deep-red haori, a black Kusa-nin turtle-neck underneath with leggings to match, and that damn Katana Case Holder flinging over his back as he skidaddled towards the familiar face with a waving hand and a shining smile. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!” he called out to both Wahei and Tokaku (should she also be present), waving around a scroll with authorization that permitted the young swordsman to accompany them.

"Let me come with yoooooooooooooou!”
Koji has written 363 posts
sea wolves [C-Rank]Feb 24, 2023 1:14:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku happened to find the note on her door. It told her the basis of the new mission she needed to go on. The person who she was supposed to go on a mission with however, they caught her eye. Wahei. He was Yoru's teammate before he died, and she hadn't seen him since the funeral. He was also kind of cute, from what she remembered. This made the mission more interesting. Taking the note inside, she would prepare and get some last-minute training done before tomorrow.

The next day, Tokaku arrived at the spot, fifteen minutes late. She apparently was making a bad habit of being fashionably late now. Unless it was really, really important. Walking up to him, she pulled out a hand and have him a slight wave. "Wahei. Haven't seen you in a while. Been... Busy. Training and such. Sorry, I'm late. You ready?" Tokaku said in her monotonous voice. She would start to walk out the gate with him, before she stopped in her tracks.

Another one would appear, and she took quick notice of the swords he was carrying and the Kusagakure no Sato headband he had on. He said he was supposed to accompany them on their mission. Nodding, she gave a look at Wahei. "We should get going then... A pleasure to meet you... Who are you anyways?" She asked.

------------

OOC:
Tag: @
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 176 posts
sea wolves [C-Rank]Feb 24, 2023 10:09:11 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"sea wolves".
Not today, though.
MissingNo

Three they were.

Wahei noticed Tokaku approaching and cracked a simple gentle smile in retribution to her greet. - It's fine. - he said with a regular friendly tone - Just try to not let this become a habit, or you might get into trouble with another rigid Taichō [隊長, captain] - although his tone was still friendly, there were also sights of concern.

As they started walking out of the alley to start the journey, something curious happened. - "Someone is coming" - Wahei didn't even had the time to startle or anything, though, since as his eyes meet the figure of , his expression revealed that his mind wasn't processing straight what he was seeing.

- Hey there... - In that barely 'cat ate my tongue' situation, the chunin smiled at him with a cordial nod, although not quite sure of what was going on and what he was doing there. Explanation would come quite faster as the genin from Kusa pronounced his intentions very clearly, offering a authorizing scroll so he could join the raid.

Whilst Wahei was finishing his read, though, give him a look making him get back to reality. - "You're the chunin-leader, goofball, you're suppose to give him permission on behalf of the village. Or not. Whatever" - "Oh, right!" - But Tokaku had jumped-in already filling the gap of his formality flaws and asking who exactly was the unexpected guest.

- His name is Honō Kojirō - Wahei chimed-in, apparently getting back to reality - Sorry. I wasn't expecting another teammate. Especially someone from another western village - and not just someone to be quite frank. - His tone kept the habitual friendly yet quite honest and clearly thoughtful.

- Nah. - he said, shaking his head in a gesture of correcting himself - Coming to think, ever since there are free trade zones and routes in Hi no Kuni to supply allied countries, it actually does make quite lots of sense - emphasizing the word 'allied' in his speech, he cracked a friendly smile, laying a hand on Kojiro's shoulder. - It's nice to see you again. And it's a quite pleasure to have not only Kusa's, but your specific support in this mission. - he gave him a strong nod, reinforcing the friendly tone of his words.

With no further due, they had to set foot on the road. - Have you guys ever been into Port City? - he said, walking towards the southern gate and giving another but more detailed brief of the mission. - So basically, this pirates are once again causing trouble in the free commercial routes, attacking merchant ships and looting their goods. It's our job to put an end on this. - And with that, reaching the gate, it was time for them to leave. Instructing about the travelling formation (simple but effective triangle), Wahei would take the lead and walk ahead, letting to both of them decide which position they're going to take.

"I'm nothing but a memory. I have no name. I have no present or future. All that I am now, is a missing number

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).
Sea raids over and over ! ! ! [04/15]
[  | ]
[504 Words]
sea wolves [C-Rank]Feb 26, 2023 14:18:20 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Hmh… the silver-haired shinobi, he hadn’t met before. Just to be sure, Kojirou remembered back to the events while building the outpost at the border of the Land of Fire… while that was a bit ago, he didn’t remember meeting anyone with their characteristics. So this was the first time that the two met each other, which explained-

Wait, maybe he was overthinking things again. Of course, they hadn’t met before, that wouldn’t make any sense!

Kojirou just pointed a thumb to himself when Wahei introduced the white-haired kunoichi to this strange swordsman who ran up to them so early in the morning, hailing from another bloody village as if he had all the business in the world with them today. He was beyond glad to know that Wahei remembered him, flashing them both a clear, gritted smile to let them know that he was more than ready to aid them with all. Kojirou was full of energy today.

"I was told it’s healthy to keep good relations between our villages regularly. Like tending bamboo stalks,” he too explained, referring to how monstrously tall bamboo could grow if not tended to on a regular basis. Then again, their friendship could only grow, so it ended up a bad example, which he expressed by scratching the back of his head after a second of deep thought. "O-Okay, not the best example… okay, so it’s like decorating bonsai trees! Or growing bamboo fruits.” Throughout that short interval, Kojirou couldn’t have sounded more stereotypically Kusa-like. After all, bamboo was a grass, and what was his village named after?

"I’m glad to meet you again as well. I learned plenty from our last mission, so please – let’s do our best today as well,” he prayed joyously with a bow to both of them, knowing that it was proper etiquette to show respect to his now allied companions. After the butterflies in his belly were released, he followed suit towards the southern gate with his Katana Case carried on his back, and that was when he heard of Port City and the mission at hand…

Pirates. What an alien concept to the swordslinger. And yet, they sounded like any annoying bandit gathering – just a bunch of harassers and crooked, prideless dumb-bells. Kojirou would elevate the honor of his clan by ending their assault on the merchants voyaging to Port City, and with that in mind, he quickly replied: "Roger.”

After Wahei settled on a travelling formation, Kojirou would choose to position himself on the left. He didn’t mind Wahei taking the lead, for he wanted to say something to the kunoichi with white, short braids bristling from her hair. "You also a friend of Wahei? I hope we can be friends, too.” He sort of envied the short hair at the moment – his long, tied hair flickered behind his head in a majestic fashion and all, but he should’ve bought some of those hair barbs earlier… that way, he couldn’t be grabbed there without a contingency plan kicking into effect.
sea wolves [C-Rank]Mar 20, 2023 7:10:01 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku nodded when he said to not make a habit of being late. Or else she would bother her father, at least that's whom she assumed he was talking about since that's who people seemed to usually be talking about. "I understand. My father would be mad if it becomes a habit, wouldn't he? Let's get going then." She said, letting him know that she guessed who he was talking about.

When Wahei gave his name and the Kusagakure no Sato shinobi confirmed it, she gave them a nod in understanding and approval. She waited for the boy to finish talking, taking in the information he was giving. He seemed like a good person. She hoped that it wouldn't make him one of those types who didn't like killing or something, however. Either way, it was interesting interacting with an alley. "Welcome aboard then, Hono-san. I'm Tokaku of the Uchiha clan. Glad to have you accompanying us on this mission." She said, giving him her name and clan.

When she was asked if she was a friend of Wahei's, she nodded. "Yes... He was close to someone I was also once close to." She said, giving a simple answer, talking about Yoru, her ex-boyfriend. She would stay behind the two, keeping pace with them even if there was a couple of feet apart. "No... I haven't. But that doesn't matter. Once we confront the pirates, all of them will be slain, if there's no issues with that." She said simply. She did have a policy of killing anything evil, which included things like pirates or bandits.

------------

OOC:
Tag: @
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 176 posts
sea wolves [C-Rank]Apr 6, 2023 9:08:53 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"sea wolves".
Not today, though.
MissingNo

Halfway there.

Albeit Wahei wasn't really talking about anyone in specific, his eyebrow arched when the girl mentioned her father. Not exactly by the word, but the tone used when she referred to him. - Oh. Is your father one of the tough ones? - he said in a light mood, trying to keep the cool tone in their conversation. Nethertheless, she would probably end up realizing that Wahei didn't really knew who her father is. And he certainly must, specially considering that he was his boss.

The boy slightly chuckled and nodded to as he tryied to enlight the good relations among Leaf and Grass. Although he got trapped into his own words, the message was pretty clear. - I wouldn't expect less. Though as your captain for this mission, I'll keep my eye' on you just in case. - Both of you, actually - he said and quickly added in complement to his own words, but sustaining a friendly tone and mood.

All and all, they ended up engaging towards the destination point at last. As the team formed up and set their paces, the trio headed towards Port City in a quite long trip, that Wahei decided to split into two like he always used to do.

Getting halfway there after a daily hour trip, Wahei would ask them to hold and stop. It was time to set up camp and prepare to rest. - This area is safe and familiar to me. I'll look around just in case. - Better safe than sorry, as they say - Tokaku-san, there's a stream close to the woods not far to north-east. It's a fine place to get some food. Kojirou-san, would you mind setting our camp up in the meanwhile? - Wahei's tone was natural, but he would wait for their confirmation before he would jump towards the tallest branch and start scanning the area.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).
Sea raids over and over ! ! ! [07/15]
[  | ]
[318 Words]

Sorry for the delay, my life's been a fuzzy-mess. I'll try to be around more often so I can keep my things up to date.
sea wolves [C-Rank]Apr 25, 2023 10:21:31 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Uchiha? He’d heard of the Uchiha clan before! They were, like, big fans of fanning fire! Like, at times bigger fans with Katon than other fire-specialized groups or clans. Maybe that last part was because of the popularity that the Uchiha drew towards themselves thanks to their Kekkei Genkai – but Kojirou only knew it in relation to another clan, the Hyūga, who also possessed a Kekkei Genkai similar to theirs. A Dōjutsu, to be specific… so she had special eyes that could aid them all in and out of combat.

Sort of like Asuka-chan.

… His line of thought was thrown aside by her comment regarding her relationship with Wahei. Close to someone that she was also once close to- were they at odds with each other? Now the swordsman felt awkward asking, scratching his head and squinting his eyes in deep thought. "It’s not good to be mad at each other, you two," was all he could say, likely misunderstanding a thing or two, but butting in regardless out of blissful ignorance.

That meant that both Wahei and Tokaku had special eyes… he felt left out now. Maybe he could ask the elders back home if there were any vision-based Lava Release Jutsus that he could learn… like heat-vision, or maybe geoscopy.

Okay, been a long day, but they were at a known place for Wahei to rest for the night. Kojirou was tasked with putting up camp, and with his knowledge and skill with the hammer, he immediately embraced his duty and got to work. One, two, three, four spikes through the ground would help carry one tent. The sound of bonking them down with the small hammer echoed through the woods.

Then, he repeated the process two more times. In a purely cartoonish fashion, it was as if his working body teleported across each tent, making sure that the spikes were hammered down properly. Afterwards, he went into the bushy woods – they needed branches and some old logs for the bonfire.

"N-NO, BAD BADGER!” Kojirou roared at the sight of a grey badger sprinting into a tent and pulling the entire thing off with its run. As if a spectre floating around, the badger ran around the camp with the tent hiding its form, while Kojirou was swatting his sheathed katana at it in a panic. "BAD BADGER! DON’T MAKE ME EAT YOU FOR DINNER!”