Get your head in the game [Closed | Goro]

compose a reply
Get your head in the game [Closed | Goro]Feb 18, 2023 3:17:12 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday February Third rank Special Jounin occupation Bakuha Gundan Lieutenant

Okada Tetsuo

Arms folded over a small but solid chest as Tetsuo waited at one of the training grounds in Kuwana. Three years of desk duty, painful rehabilitation, and actively avoiding the inquiry of his clan as to when he was going to return to a 'proper' job amongst their business, and he had finally gotten the all clear for active duty.... only to be essentially granted babysitter status.

Granted, babysitter to perhaps the most devastating potential weapon in Iwagakure's arsenal. He would know, he helped make a lot of said arsenal. That said weapon was one (1) bratty cousin that didn't even know Tetsuo was still a shinobi made the whole situation somewhat more complicated and volatile. That was ok, he was used to volatile, he could handle it. Really. It wasn't like his little cousin hadn't almost killed a Kusa-nin accidentally at the tender age of nine, ignore the fact that he had been killing much younger nor was it obvious that the younger Okada was in desparate need of some good ol' fashioned self control.

Yeah, Tetsuo couldn't even begin to hope to convince himself of any of that nonsense.

Which was why the training ground he was standing in had been prepared well in advance, hidden fuuinjutsu lining the area ready to restrict and restrain should he need them. Beneath the glove of his right hand the seal for Ha Ne no Mahi sat, dry and immobile on the metal palm, reading to use should it become necessary.

Now all he needed was said bratty cousin to show up as summoned, the instructions to meet his new team leader having been delivered to the boy not too long ago, without telling him exactly who the new sensei was. Tetsuo needed to get some joy out of this situation after all.

When Goro inevitably showed up, he'd be met with an unimpressed stare and a casual "Yo, Gory-bo" as a greeting.

Word Count: 322
Tags:

last edit by Okada Tetsuo on Feb 18, 2023 3:17:40 GMT -5
Eleri has written 48 posts
Get your head in the game [Closed | Goro]Feb 27, 2023 22:27:31 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Yeaaa! You're not all that tough now, are ya?
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday 4/3 rank Genin occupation
[newclass=.goro]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass][newclass=.goro:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.goro b]color:#862939;[/newclass][newclass=.goro a:hover]color:#000000;[/newclass][newclass=.goro i]color:#9f3144;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goro"]There was something quite awkward about having to meet a new squad leader in the middle of the Chuunin exams. Goro had only just finished the second round and recovered well enough to get back into training, and he was already being summoned by some unknown entity. All he knew was that this entity was to be the new leader of Genin Team 7. In Goro’s mind, the rest of the team would also assemble–not that he’d met them, anyway, Goro had done most of his work solo. The young boy was met with surprise when he only saw the figure and the familiar face of his cousin, Testuo.

"TETSUO!" Bright-eyed with a confused but rather happy skip in his step, Goro lept forward, embracing Testuo in a tight hug. Testuo wasn’t exactly known for his height, and even Goro felt a bit weird hugging someone like this.

The boy stepped back, his blue eyes wandering from side to side as if to search for someone else. "Don get me wrong, it’s good to see ya, but uhhhh what da hell ya doin' here? I’m s’pose to meet with my new squad leader.” He looked back to Tetsuo, obviously not grasping the situation

last edit by Okada Goro on Feb 27, 2023 22:28:02 GMT -5
mint has written 211 posts
Get your head in the game [Closed | Goro]Mar 4, 2023 5:15:11 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday February Third rank Special Jounin occupation Bakuha Gundan Lieutenant

Okada Tetsuo

Tetsuo accepted the hug easily, real and metal arms wrapping around the shorta Okada and squeezing with equal level of force. He had to restrain a snort at just how dense the boy's body felt, the sort of muscle that a nine year old shouldn't really have. Typical Okada boy, a lot of brawn, though Goro looked like he might share Tetsuo's much more slender overall build compared to the generally bulky Okada men.

"C'mon brat, use your brain, I know it's there amongst the fluff you call hair," he teased, ruffling said hair. It was nice to be taller than someone for a bit, meant he could do stuff that others had inflicted on him most of his life, like hair ruffling. "You got called to meet a new team leader, and your Tokubetsu Jounin cousin is standin' here movin like normal, Iwa-plate on and all. Should I have worn my uniform instead?" he asked, hands on hips and raising one blond eyebrow.

He wasn't quite sure how the younger Okada would respond, and didn't anticipate it being a particularly pleasant response. Sure, his family cared for him, they were all pretty darn close after all, but that didn't make them emotionally nuanced people and sometimes it was pretty clear that a lot of the clan lacked emotional intelligence at best. 

However Goro was going to respond, Tetsuo knew it wasn't meant to be hurtful, but he was kind of anticipating some sort of commentary about his physical capabilities.

Word Count: 250
Tags:
last edit by Okada Tetsuo on Mar 4, 2023 5:15:49 GMT -5
Get your head in the game [Closed | Goro]Mar 27, 2023 9:19:27 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Yeaaa! You're not all that tough now, are ya?
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday 4/3 rank Genin occupation
[newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goropost"]Goro would continue to stare quite blankly at his cousin, the same dumbfounded expression he nearly always seemed to carry about him. It continued for several moments until his mouth opened slowly, expressing an "oh” without really saying much at all. The breath inward was a clear indicator that he finally got where Tetsuo was going with it all. It was an exciting moment for the young boy, clearly expressed by the smile on his face and bright red cheeks. "You?! You’re gonna be my sensei?” His eyes were aglow, his fists clenched in front of his chest in admiration. "No wayyyyy! That’s so cool. We’re gonna like…own our entire squad.”

As Testuo ruffled his hair, and swatted at his arms, not noticing much in the way of the metal limb that had seemingly been replacing the lost one. "Aye! Well, o’course you’re back and up’and’at ‘em. You’re an Okada, after all.” Another cheeky smile shone on Goro’s face. Truthfully, he wasn’t sure what all Tetsuo had gone through. As a child, he was often given as little detail as possible. He wasn’t sure if it was to imply it was none of his business or if the adults didn’t want to scare him out of the shinobi world. Perhaps, it was a mixture of both. With the Gobi sealed within, Goro would eventually–without a doubt–face harder times than most others. The threats of the shinobi world were, in that way, more dangerous to him.

"So, now that you’re here…” he gave Tetsuo a dangerous look filled with mischief and eagerness, "we gonna fight right? Come onnnnn! We gotta! ‘Sides! When was the last time we sparred, huh?”

mint has written 211 posts
Get your head in the game [Closed | Goro]Apr 7, 2023 4:03:19 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Okada Tetsuo

The elder Okada sighed slightly with a fond exasperation, seems he had been bracing himself for nothing, and Goro proved himself a one track mind like many of the more physical members of their clan. Gotta throw in a fight or two to keep things interesting. "We've never actually sparred brat, you were an even littler kid when you challenged me, it was cute, but it wasn't a proper fight. But we can I suppose, s'long as you're aware part of what we wanna be doin here is showin' me how well you can handle your trump card. Gotta get practice in on that," he stated, not quite sure how sensitive the other Okada was to his status as a Jinchuuriki.

Pulling out one of his scrolls, Tetsuo unsealed a single rod of dark metal and held it casually at his side, looking the youngster over for a moment. "So, guess I have to show you what for huh? Real question is, are you wantin' a 'fair' fight, or are you wantin' to face a shinobi? Coz I can tell ya, those are two different things entirely." He asked, wondering what Goro actually wanted to achieve in such a situation.

Fighting Tetsuo in taijutsu only was very different to fighting the Bakuha Gundan's Third seat. 

Word Count: 215
Tags:

quick reply

compose a reply