hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 9:21:43 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

Toru found himself coming back around here so often, but he had it in mind that the Nagi Islands would soon not only be under Mizu no Kuni influence, but under their control. A proxy nation, that would always be very nice. This mission was just a step in that direction, one way or another... Plus, it was a long time coming. No point in delaying it much longer.

Of course he also found himself on the front lines frequently, this kept him sharp as a weapon of mass destruction. Though it also got him away from his desk, away from rotting and doing nothing active.

They had been traveling by ship for quite some time - Kasumi had been selected to accompany Toru on this trip - they were putting on disguises as they came to dock under the deck. Nobody was supposed to appear as themselves, so Toru was wearing outfits that did not notate his position at all, not even one of Kirigakure. A mercenary perhaps? His hair was colored black and he was wearing glasses to further obscure the details of his face.

Once he was done donning his basic outfit he came up and embarked upon the land.

"I think it will be best if you give the empress the letter... And I do the deed." The tasks were discussed, but now it was time to split them up.

Han has written 2,374 posts
hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 9:46:50 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi was a bit on edge as they sailed, but she was masking ti pretty well. A B rank mission was never something to scoff at, even if her partner was the Mizukage himself. If anything, it made her want to prove herself even more.

As for a disguise, she decided to layer up in clothes. If anyone knew her, they'd probably know of her stand out and unique dressing. So she wore a long kimono under her new coat. One that looked nice, but allowed for a decent amount of movement. Her sword was in a new sheath, covering all the stand out bone but leaving it nearby in case she needed it. Her goal was to present herself as a type of courier. A large satchel of travel supplies helped.

"Right." She said to Toru. "I'll get the letter handled. You can count on that. Should I stay with the empress after?"

She knew they were supposed to stay with her during the fallout to make sure she didn't come under suspicion, but Kasumi wasn't entirely sure if Toru wanted both of them on the hunt. She knew he could handle it alone, but it was still strange to have the Kage go alone without guards.

She still hadn't taken a moment to take in how strange it was to see Toru all disguised like that. She'd seen it once before on a mission, but she was more used to seeing him in his usual garb.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami, Demon's jacket

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 10:00:40 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

"Yes." He responded plainly, always one to be rather straightforward with his words. He did not want to waste his breath or time saying more than he should when they were already on their way towards their destination.

"You know what to do." They had already discussed it, not to mention it had been in their initial mission briefing which was partially dolled out by Toru himself. Now they were here and they had to work as an oiled machine would. They could not doubt their movements or motives, especially now when they infiltrated and handed over the letter...

"It might be best if you go by yourself, however... I will have to wait and follow the hunting party by myself."

It would be best, because then they would not be seen together and Toru could adequately annihilate everyone on his own. It was not exactly a rank of mission that he was worried about the combat. There would be perhaps *some* shinobi trained combat, but minimal. It would be something that Toru could easily handle, he kept walking further into the forests of the island they were quite tropical and hot. Not something Kirigakure shinobi would be used to, but they would survive.

It was better than being parched.

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 10:22:23 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi bit her tongue a bit as Toru replied, feeling a little silly for asking the question in the first place. They had gone over the mission, she knew that they had a plan here. It was reassuring to check, though. Even if he wasn't nervous about the mission and it's rank, she had some reservations. Ones she was sure she could overcome.

"Right. Good luck." She said simply. "I'll go on ahead to the Empress."

Kasumi would adjust her disguise, getting the satchel comfortably on her shoulders. The weather was different here, but she'd been spending time at sea and in Yuki. It wasn't like she was too acclimated to anything at the moment.

One last nod to her Kage and she would be off. She hoped to look rather unassuming as she made her way down the road toward the compound in the middle of the city. Nobody really gave her much of a look, so she seemed to be doing a fine job. She could tell why Kirigakure was interested in the nation, there seemed to be a lot of wealth here. Traders on the street and everyone seemed dressed rather nicely.

Perhaps it was just because they were so close to the noble house that Kasumi was headed towards.

When she got to the gate, a guard would stop her. "What's your business here?"

"Special delivery for the Empress. An old friend, I think."

Here's to hoping this would work out okay.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Jutsu used:

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 10:43:36 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The two would split away from each other, Toru would remain in the tree line even as they approached the borders of the city that they were technically infiltrating. Then, he moved inside while Kasumi made her way to the main palace. Her part was dangerous, as she was going into the hornet's nest. But her direct task was easier. To make sure the empress was not blamed, and to make sure that the letter was read and properly disposed of.

Toru's well it required a little more stealth as to make sure that everyone was wiped out, but then that not a trace of proof was left for *who* did it. Which was why he had left the task for himself. He could disappear in and out without any trace. It was something he had been trained for, something he knew how to do well.

Toru positioned himself in the city, quiet and in the shadows. His eyes were on the prize of getting his assassination target out on a hunting trip. He would need to track their departure. For now, no such thing was seen and he also knew Kasumi was not yet done with her own task.

Letter first. Then the assassination... Then Kasumi's job would truly begin.

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 11:29:55 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The guard gave Kasumi a strange look, as if he wasn't believing her. Kasumi kept her face straight, hiding any nerves that might be boiling underneath. "Right. Well, she's still in her room. Hasn't come out yet. We don't get many deliveries at this time."

Kasumi was disappointed by the news, but far from ready to give up. "Not a worry. It won't take but a moment of her time. If I have to go back, I'll have to take the letter with me, I'm afraid. I'd hate for it to be sensitive information from her home."

The guard let out a grunt at that, then shook his head in frustration. "Fine. It should just be a moment though. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

The gate opened and the man pointed towards the house in the back. Kasumi couldn't help but notice all of the guards around. This wasn't ideal, but if she could keep her cover then it wouldn't be a problem. She headed towards the main house, behind the meeting room. Where the guard had pointed. It was then that she saw the hunting party start to make their way towards the gate on their journey. She'd need to hurry.

"Pardon me, have a delivery. For the Empress, where would I go?"

A man pointed her to the right door, and Kasumi would make her way over. It felt like all eyes were on her at the moment, but she kept it cool. knocking softly on the door. It was answered shortly after by a woman, looking like the empress.

"Excuse me, Empress. I have a very important letter. Can I come in a moment?" Kasumi would say, holding the envelope. The Empress seemed suspicious but still stepped aside. Shortly after, the Empress was reading it, Toru might not be able to spot that part but Kasumi imagined that they'd want privacy for the disposal part.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 12:00:14 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru remained in the shadows, looking more as if he were just some kid loitering around than someone who was waiting for something very specific to come.

Then came the moment he was waiting on. An entire entourage came out from the main palace at the head of which was his target. He knew it was his target because of the briefing they had received, and he had definitely committed his features to heart. It would have been stupid for him not to commit those features to heart anyway. He inhaled and then disappeared to the rooftops, he followed the group from above, they would leave the confines of the palace and then the city. In time, they were out in some wilderness.

Though it was quite a bit of traveling.

The young man pulled a dark cloth over the bottom half of his face, though the glasses remained on. He would not be recognized even if he had some defining features that would not allow him to be recognized one way or another.

He would allow - silently - for the hunting entourage to setup camp. He remained some ways away up in the foliage of the trees. He knew he wouldn't be seen up here, he was certain of it especially with how still he stayed.

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 12:13:11 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Now inside the room with the Empress, Kasumi would wait for the girl to read the letter, eyeing the room for any guards that might be looking too closely. Luckily, it seemed like they gave a wide birth to the Empresses room. Especially as her other half was traveling.

"You can relax," the Empress acknowledged, folding the letter over, "they don't watch me here."

"They might not watch you closely here, but they definitely watch you." Kasumi assured, waiting a moment for the Empress to acknowledge how they were supposed to get rid of the letter.

"Right. I suppose we should burn this."

"Those aren't the instructions."

Kasumi knew that the letter specifically requested that it be disposed of by tearing it up and eating it. Whether that was because there was security flaws to burning it or a way to make sure that the Empress really was loyal, she didn't know. The fact that the letter specifically said it had to be her made Kasumi lean towards the latter.

"Right... you've read that letter. Very well."

Kasumi watched as the Empress tore the letter up into tiny pieces, then... disposed of it. She took a sip of water that was on a desk nearby, then opened her mouth to show it was gone.

"Good job. I'll wait here while you finish getting ready. Things should be starting... soon."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 12:25:36 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

It was a while longer before Toru felt comfortable attacking. It was a makeshift camp anyway, they were going to hunt but it was not some huge excursion as it could be. But plenty of guards. He counted them carefully.

One, two... three...

And four towards a bigger opening that faced downhill. A smart thing to do if they were dealing with units on the ground. But Toru would not be coming from the ground.

He jumped from tree to tree still remaining in the foliage, making as much noise as a bird might. He blended with the natural ambiance of nature. Then, finally he pulled out one of his swords. It did not look particularly spectacular when it was de-activated so it was perfect for not attracting attention to who or what they were. He positioned himself carefully over the first guard, he was the most alone and his body could easily be shoved to the side without notice.

Toru lingered here for a moment and then leaped down from the heavens fearlessly the sharp tip of his blade slicing straight into the man's spine, and a quick movement would render him totally incapacitated. He tossed his body off to the side and waited for another opening.

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 13:36:08 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi wasn't sure when everything would happen. The Empress was still going about her day trying to act natural. Kasumi was a little afraid of what might happen when she was done and was expected to go about the rest of her day. She hoped the news would be back by then. It'd be strange for a courier to follow the Empress around all day, wouldn't it?

"Hn. What time do they expect you to leave here, exactly?"

The Empress would poke her head from the bathroom, makeup nearly finished. "Well, rather soonish. I may be able to buy some more time saying that I'm drafting a response letter."

Great. That would be a few extra minutes, at least. When the news spread about Kasumi had a feeling that the chaos may help her maintain her cover. She reached into the bag, where she had stashed a decoy letter just in case she was questioned about her own precense there.

"I think the deed will be done soon. My... partner is very efficient. Do you think they'll have any reason to blame you?"

Kasumi wasn't sure exactly how the marriage worked. If they got the puppet in place it'd be nice for the village. If they expanded trade like this well... Kiri might get more on it's feet. Toru really was doing well with the village.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Feb 19, 2023 13:42:03 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru waited in his hiding place, and once the second guard was in his sights he moved his arm efficiently to send out a kunai. It landed itself nicely in the man's temple, but of course, that meant everyone in the camp was now suddenly on high alert. There was a bit of shouting, panic overall and Toru decided to move forward. His sword was still out, but he had vowed to be neutral in his attacks, swords and weapons only. Nothing special, no signifying jutsu or attacks that could be traced back to the village. They had to be able to cover this up well.

Unfortunately that also meant having to act like he was getting attacked and hurt in return. And keeping away from his enemies as his durability was nothing to be scoffed at. There was a lot of running around, and a lot of avoiding stabs. Of course his skill level was noted, but he did not intend to leave any survivors in this camp. Not today, the news would be spread when a second party came to check in on this one and do a shift change for protection.

Finally, Toru decided to complete the deed, as he went toe to toe with one final guard who was clearly the leader. He had not yet finished off his actual target... But he was sitting terrified in his tent anyway.

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Jun 13, 2023 15:31:17 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi was sure that Toru was handling his side of things with a grace and efficiency that only he could pull off, and the only thing she had to do was make sure that no suspicion was raised until the deed was done. The princess seemed to have bought them extra time with her excuse of drafting a letter in reply, but that would only last for so long until a guard needed to check up on her.

And as if the thought brought the fear to existence, there was a knock at the door now. "Everything alright in there, Empress?"

With a cool and calm reply that did well to put Kasumi at ease, the noble replied swiftly. "Everything is fine. This message is from my father, just writing a reply so we can send our courier on her way."

This was starting to feel like all was well, but the guards reply was enough to foil the plan. "I think you'll have to send that letter out tomorrow. The Emperor is due back soon and we'd hate to not have the return festival set up."

It was clear he wasn't taking another answer as the door creaked open and he stepped in. Kasumi would have to improvise. "Uh, of course. I can come back later, then."

As the Empress and Kasumi left the room, Kasumi had one thing on her mind... finding a place to hide to keep an eye on the girl. Make sure that she wasn't accused. As they went towards the gate, where Kasumi was expected to leave and the Empress was expected to prepare for her husbands return the Chuunin simply disappeared into the trees and found a perch to watch from. The news still hadn't broken but she was sure it wouldn't be long.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Jun 13, 2023 19:33:51 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru knew well enough that even the slightest jutsu could spell trouble as he would leave a trace of chakra and if anyone had a good chakra tracker it would not end well. This meant that he had to be extra careful as he and the guard faced off. Soon though, his sword bounced off of Toru's body and Toru used that immediate moment of shock to cut him down, bisecting the man in half and quite quickly and painfully ending his life. He was merciful enough to at least put him out of his misery since bisection was by no means a pleasant way to go.

The target was in his tent, terrified and shaking. Toru had a sense of sympathy, a normal human one. But it was suppressed, his duty as a shinobi would not allow him to feel much beyond what was normal to feel. He was a human being, taking the life of another. For political gain, favor and otherwise money. It was unfortunate, but a reality that he faced every day when he sent out other shinobi to do his bidding, to do this very thing he was about to do. Toru inhaled, and mercifully ended the man's life. No pain, not even a sound.

"I'm sorry for the fear you felt." He whispered to himself, just in time for a horn to blow. A new party had arrived, Toru stuck to the tent for now he needed to get out, and the alarm was already raised due to the amount of bodies that littered the ground.

13/20

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Jun 13, 2023 20:30:25 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi didn't have to wait long for the commotion to begin. The alarm was raised already and... well, she knew there was no way that Toru had failed. She wasn't one to doubt her partners, but if it was him she knew for a fact that everything was taken care of. All that was left was to concoct a believable story that the guards could see.

A few things happened right away. The gates opened and guards stepped out. A few even surrounded the Empress. If word had gotten out like this, she had a guess of what Toru was trying to convince the world of.

Bandits. He was trying to convince them that bandits had attacked the hunting party and they lost to that. It meant there was more death than was absolutely necessary but it was definitely a very potent and believable story. Guards started to fan out in the woods to search for the would be bandits. Kasumi would have to help sell it. Lest they start remembering the strange courier in the Empress' room moments before the tragedy.

A guard walked below her perch on the tree, and Kasumi didn't feel an ounce of sympathy as she dropped down on him. A simple stab with her sword through his back to drop him. Then, without thinking, she slashed her own arm with a kunai. Deep enough to draw a good amount of blood.

"Ah!" She yelled, attracting the attention of the guards. When they arrived to check on the commotion, she laid against a tree with the dead guard in front of her. She herself was bleeding. "That way! Bandits with masks! They... they killed him!"

She only had to hope she wasn't directing them straight to Toru, or at least trust he could navigate his way around it on his own at least.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

hostile takeover [mission | kasumi]Jun 13, 2023 21:23:52 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Guards ran over to Kasumi and looked a bit confused at first, but then extremely worried. So they ran off in the direction the girl had pointed them into.

Toru, in the meantime was moving beyond the tent and using his refined stealth he started to move away from inside the tent to the outside and into the long grasses where his figure would not be seen. Though he made sure to stuff his pockets full of some trinkets on his way out just to make the attack and robbery more believable. Bandits never did come and go without sticky fingers so it almost seemed a natural cover up to go with.

After a while he got to a creek which he dipped into immediately and started walk along it, crouched to keep himself out of any immediate eye line. Fortunately it seemed that he was getting further away from the second wave and frankly they were not pursuing him. They were all too busy focused in on the main area full of that copper smell which meant that he was pretty much free to get away. After a while he would discard of the trinkets, leaving them and burying them in some dirt and sand to never be found again. Following this the Mizukage removed some of his clothes, changing it into something a bit more common and civilian. His sword would be cleaned of blood and left in its sheath as he made a full circle around heading in back towards the city.

He wondered how Kasumi was doing on her end. They would have to stick around long enough to ensure that the woman would not be blamed and killed.

15/20