Checking Up & Checking In

compose a reply
Checking Up & Checking In Feb 20, 2023 7:00:19 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Checking In

Azarea took a deep drag of the kemutagaru stick hoping the sweet smoke would ease the nervous buzz of her hive beneath her skin, but the best it did was lessen the fervor of her Kikiachu's irritation and ease her own nerves only a fragment. The Kumo hospital was an important structure. They had helped her, kept her alive, and she was grateful to them and strove to be a good patient the few times she visited, but... the building held less then fond memories. The deaths of loved ones, fear, and long nights waiting to go mad terrified of the looming silence still haunted her which was why Azarea often chose to visit smaller local clinics for anything short of dire medical care or... her yearly required physical.

Steeling herself as she quietly resolves to be a good model patient and not traumatize the medic assigned to her Azarea steps through the doors of the hospital and up to the front desk. "Azarea registeration number 0404 here for my checkup." The Kunoichi murmurs as the woman at the front desk flipped through the files and nodded.

"Right this way Ma'am you'll be in room 22." The nurse states leading the red head back through the pristine white halls to the designated checkup room and gestured for Azarea to take a seat on the exam table. The woman settling down on the paper cover with hesitance.

"The doctor assigned for your checkup will be in to see you shortly." The Nurse added with a kind smile as she departed leaving Azarea to wait. She usually saw Doctor Shiba given the nature of her hijutsu and the agreement with Konoha, but the older woman had retired a few months ago. Leaving the question of who would be assigned to her from now on lingering in the back of Azarea's mind as she resolved herself to patiently await their arrival.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Checking Up & Checking In Feb 23, 2023 11:59:09 GMT -5
Jokyū Rei
Jokyū Rei Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
The sound of heels hitting the pavement floor and the flutter of her robe in the wind as she walked were unusually audible in the Kumogakure hospital. Rei walked towards the reception area, pinning her nametag on her outfit as she went around for her usual morning routine. Some of the nurses upon seeing her would get up and bow to her, to which she acknowledged with a small nod in return. It was just like any other day at the hospital for the head medic. "Hanazono, please give me mu schedule and my patient charts for the day." Her voice was light and sweet as she looked towards one of the nurses. Hanazono was a new nurse, and she had taken it upon herself to assign the new girl to her as her own personal assistant so as to help her ease in to her new role. The Kumogakure hospital was not an easy place to start one's first job, and she would feel bad if the girl was assigned to any other doctor who wouldn't treat her the way that she treated her.

There were doctors in the hospital who were harsh, and ones who were harsh and demanding at the same time.

She recalled her own first day at the hospital some many years ago, and how she had been bullied even as a doctor by her seniors. To gain respect in this field required more than just experience and skill, which she knew the new nurse would come to develop if given the right push and guidance. Rei's mentor had been one of the very best, and under her teacher's support and teachings, she had learned how to work her way around the hospital politics that she despised to this day. Despite having been promoted to head medic of the village, the young woman was still far from the figure head that the previous head medic was, and worked hard to establish an image and reputation that matched that of her teacher's. Hanazono passed Rei her charts for the day and the woman took a quick glance, her emerald green eyes stopping at the first patient.

Azarea...

Rei had heard of the name before, and had heard quite a few things about this girl, although all heresay. The nurse informed her that Azarea was here for her annual checkup, which had been done every year by the previous head medic. She scanned the girl's charts and nodded her head absently. There didn't seem to be much on the paper that showed significant concern, although her kekkei genkai was perhaps one of the reasons why the other medics didn't dare take on the patient. "I'll take her in Room 22,,," she took the chart and walked towards her assigned room for the day, her mind wondering about this girl she was about to meet. They were both shinobi, that much was in common, but she was certain there was more to her than just that, especially more than just the kekkei genkai she possessed. It peaked her interest to get to know someone new.

"Azarea, pleased to meet you," Rei would say as she opened the door to the room. The red-haired girl would already be seated there, as she herself took a seat in the doctor's chair, for a moment simply staring at her patient. "I'm Jokyuu Rei, the doctor assigned to you," she said, putting down the file containing her patient's information softly on the desk
last edit by Jokyū Rei on Feb 23, 2023 11:59:35 GMT -5
Nue has written 13 posts
Checking Up & Checking In Feb 28, 2023 14:07:05 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Gratitude

The young woman held herself with a canny wariness seen more commonly in older more battle hardened shinobi as she glanced up from the book she'd been reading to pass the time to give the Doctor a polite nod of greeting. Carefully stashing the novel away in her belt pouch to give Rei her full attention. She was a juxtaposition with her youthful face covered with scars, the chakra burns still pinkened flesh peaking out just above the collar of her jacket where an opponent had attempted to rip out her throat at odds with her more relaxed demeanor. Usually the older a shinobi got the more ill behaved they were when it came to the hospital and though the girl was notably a little jumpy she seemed well enough conditioned to not misbehave.

The answers of course, as to be expected, lay in her medical file. Near fatal poisoning, long term hospitalization, extended medical leave, concerns on whether or not the patient would ever be able to return to duty, and extensive counseling for trauma and grief given she'd been a patient during the end of the final months of the plague. Seventy-five percent of her file was a death sentence for any career shinobi.

But the final twenty-five percent showed budding hope. A recovering hive, stabilized immune system, recovering chakra coils and pathways, healthy weight gain, slowly returning muscle mass, and finally clearance to begin using chakra once more and tentative return to duty. Followed by full return to duty after the first few successful missions.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Jokyuu-Sama. I will be in your care," Azarea greeted her with a polite bow. The final notes in the file denoting an absolute maddening series of near back to back missions outside of Kumo, but one constant remained. Of whatever funds earned from her work... no matter how big or how small... a fifteen percent always found it's way donated back to the Kumogakure hospital. A silent thanks.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Checking Up & Checking In Mar 8, 2023 11:00:33 GMT -5
Jokyū Rei
Jokyū Rei Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Rei was surprised as she sat now opposite Azarea, looking at her closely while she examined the file in her hands. There was much to unpack here, with all the injuries, illnesses and the like that this young lady seemed to have had the unfortunate luck of coming across, one would think that she wouldn't be alive now. But then again, that was the life of a kunoichi and Azarea seemed to be one of their very best. She quickly lifted her arm to stop the girl from bowing and silently asked her to take a seat before reading once more. A few moments passed before the woman would speak, the words out of her mouth laced with concern that could only be that of a medic towards her patient.

"I can see you have been trying very hard for the village. These back-to-back missions are not healthy, even for a shinobi who is of prime health and age. Azarea-san, I'm sure you are not unaware of how much toll your body has taken over the years. While I'm not saying you are old, your body can't take everything you give it without some kind of consequence..." Rei closed her file and turned to look at the girl instead. "So, I want you to tell me in your own words how you feel. I can read your file, of course, but I also understand that there's more to a person than their file." Her voice was delicate still as she looked at the girl up and down. "You need not tell me what you don't want to, but seeing as I am your physician now, I'd like to get to know who it is that I am treating without looking at stacks of paper."

To Rei, all of her patients were humans before they were whatever the village wanted them to be. She understood that not many medics were this way, and rightfully so. Most doctors in the hospital who were medics in the field were busy with their lives, and these annual checkups that shinobi had with their doctors were simply a routine. But for her, it was different, understanding that there was care that went in, a human aspect that couldn't be ignored. For Azarea, the fact that she had suffered and continued to suffer meant there was more than just numbers, charts and samples could tell.
Nue has written 13 posts
Checking Up & Checking In Mar 21, 2023 21:44:26 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Wariness

Azarea straightes as Rei gestures for her not to bow. The girl taking a seat on the exam table once more with an easy if tired smile before the expression seems to freeze on her face. Scarlet eyes blinking slowly once, then twice at the medics words. "I... yes?" She stammers out in surprise unused to hearing she'd been working hard from anyone other then her Auntie. It just seemed natural to give back. To work harder and harder. It felt expected of her after so many years languishing ill under Kumo's kindness that she repay them somehow. Logically she knows it's not required, but... she wanted to. The usual gentle scolding that she was pushing herself too hard though are familiar and easy the tension to her shoulders at having such a surprising chink in her armor exploited. Leaving the woman unsettled and a little off-kilter as she observes Rei as closely as the woman was herself. The Red head gauging how much she could tell. How much she could say. Was she having issues? It'd been so long since anyone had thought to ask how she was feeling physically that she'd nearly forgotten how she was supposed to respond to such questions.

"Hypothetically... if I'm having some issues that don't effect my mission or training capabilities... will those be held against me?" She questions cautious and a little unsure. Kumo had always been better about mending it's tools then Konoha was, but there was still some lingering wariness from her childhood.

"I got burned a while back on a mission. I'm not really allowed to talk about the details, but the emergancy medics took care of me and gave me a clean bill of health." Azarea explains words slow and chosen with care, "But... I've been having some pain."

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人