iron is thicker than blood [souma]

compose a reply
iron is thicker than blood [souma]Feb 21, 2023 6:44:18 GMT -5
tantetsu tengen
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
tantetsu tengen Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank adv. genin occupation

Being a shinobi entails mandatory information about you, your health (amongst other things) to be kept up to date. Shinobi are a commodity and employee of their village, any good book-keeper will tell you the importance of accurate information regarding stock. 

To Tengen however, nothing really crossed his mind when he had to attend check-ups, just absent minded malaise. At least it some obtuse, strange doctor. This time he was fortunate enough to get a family member as his physician for the appointment.

The Tantetsu are a militant clan so younger members holding higher ranks isn't unheard of, but even so, become a Special Jounin at 16 and you'll make a name for yourself. This meant Tengen, while not overly familiar with Souma, at least knew of her. Especially since she strayed so far from the dark, long-faced tone that was standard for many a Tantetsu. 

Sat in a chair, awaiting for his name to be called, Tengen sat up right, chin raised, stone-faced. 

GREY!

wgs has written 3 posts
iron is thicker than blood [souma]Feb 21, 2023 22:41:08 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

@name | ### | notes

It was very, VERY easy to know about Souma as another member of the Tantetsu clan. She broke the mold in a lot of ways. A smaller build (though compact and no less powerful), odd hair, and having gone into the medical field instead of any of the more direct combat professions all spoke to her going her own way- but by all accounts, she was still very much a Tantetsu and an adoring member of that clan.

The door into the exam room opened inwards, and a young voice about Tengen's age called out. It was a bit flat in inflection, as if she was bored- but depending on how much he knew about her from family talk, she'd been that way since she was little. It was just how she spoke. "Come in, please, Tengen-san."

She was, notably, not AT the door.

Upon approaching and entering, things became clearer. Souma herself was parked beside the exam table, laying out a fresh sheet of clinical paper across the furniture. The door had been opened by a long, twisted steel cable (a classic component of the clan's jutsus, often used to get around, and certainly not typically used with this level of finesse), while another was retrieving a small case of medical exam instruments from across the room. Souma herself looked to Tengen and smiled. It was a bit flat, but didn't seem insincere, just... poorly practiced.

"Tengen-san. Please, come have a seat. How have you been?"

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 348 posts
iron is thicker than blood [souma]Feb 23, 2023 11:58:10 GMT -5
tantetsu tengen
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
tantetsu tengen Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank adv. genin occupation

Tengen wasn't one to lose awareness of his surroundings, he might be in a trail of thought, but he was still very much grounded when his cousin's voice met his ears. Beckoning the call of the open door, he would follow in, perhaps a beat too slow, no signs of giddiness or antsy-ness that one might get in a situation like this. 

As the two finally saw each other, Tengen stood upright, a loose plain grey shirt making the upper part of his outfit, the lower consisting of relaxed jogging bottoms and more traditional sandals. Being met with his clansmate's bright blue hair and myriad of atypical features, he greeted her with a slight bow of the head, "Souma."

While not the most expressive fellow, Tengen was always fond of family, so even he had to give up a slight smile. "Physically, I've been fine. Mentally, no real changes. As far as I can tell, nothing seems awry, but I suppose if that was all I needed to officially have a clean bill of health, you'd be out of a job." A joking tone arising at the end of his sentence, without thinking much about it, despite officially being a check-up on him, he'd reply "And how about yourself?"

GREY!

wgs has written 3 posts
iron is thicker than blood [souma]Feb 28, 2023 12:08:53 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 206 | notes

Souma stood by and absorbed his response while the metal cables finished her prep work and vanished back up her sleeves, hidden in the cloth of her yukata. She nodded at his reply, but her head canted vaguely at the extremely clinical response she got. Had she asked the question wrong? She'd meant that as a cousin, not his physician- an attempt to catch up, not just probe his well-being. She looked faintly distressed for a moment at realizing she'd set up the question wrong, but came back calm as a cucumber to try again. "I am pleased to hear you have had no drastic physical or mental distresses. Perhaps you could tell me a bit more? I would like to know about how you have been as a person lately, as well. We are family, after all- I like to know things are going well outside the bare minimums of "are you free of self-terminating impulses" and "do your lungs still function", you know?"

She was smiling. Was- that a joke? It was hard to tell.

She really wasn't great at humor.

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 348 posts