Foxy and Foxette

compose a reply
Foxy and FoxetteFeb 24, 2023 13:19:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 288 | notes

"Hyuga Hitomi... who the heck are you?"

Miroru muttered those words to herself as she scurried through the village, following the pair of Bakenokawa she was almost always flanked by towards where they reported this other woman to be. Another signer on the Fox Contract, but someone she hadn't met. Her senpai in the skulk, chronologically, and a relative of Shigure's, logistically, but a complete unknown. How had they failed to cross paths with so many commonalities?

Well! There was one way to find out!

Miroru bounded from roof to roof along with the little squirrel-sized foxes, careful not to damage the shingles or rooftops as she went. She'd gotten better at that over the years, and took a little pride in her ability to navigate smoothly without damaging her village.

What makes you think she'll want to meet you, ant? The most interesting thing about you is me, and nobody knows you hold me prisoner. You're just some useless Uchiha kid who lucked into a signature. You're wasting your time.

It's not a waste of time to reach out to others. Every interaction is a gamble, but the attempt is noted. Even if it doesn't result in a connection now, it may foster connections later.

Investing in dreams and hopes. You really are hopeless, ant.

You say that- but I have a lot more friends than you do, don't I~?

No response.
It was just as well. The Bakenokawa indicated they were getting close. It was time to see what this Hitomi was up to!

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,177 posts
Foxy and FoxetteFeb 25, 2023 7:59:10 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 21st March rank Special Jounin occupation Academy Instructor

Hyūga Hitomi

Hitomi had been surprised when one of the Bakenokawa came up to her, having not summoned any of the foxes herself. For a moment or two she had thought perhaps Keisuke-sama or Yusaku-niisan had wanted to send her a message, but the little fox had reported that the newest signer of their contract had decided to track her down. The Academy instructor had been a bit confused, but after some discussion with the tiny vulpine she figured that it wasn't necessarily a problem to meet this person.

Plus it was nice to know there was another girl on the contract, the balance of power was shifting further in the favour of the kunoichi!

Deciding that the only appropriate thing to do was prank her new summon sister, Hitomi let the Bakenokawa lead her to a spot ahead of the girl's path, and casually strolled up the wall to hang on the eaves of the roof of one of the buildings. With the little fox tucked into her clothing, she waited for the quiet 'now' from the summon before stepping forward, rotating up and popping up directly in front of Miroru, a raised eyebrow ready and waiting for the young Uchiha.

"I heard you were looking for me?" she asked, waiting to see how the girl reacted to her jumpscare attempt.

Word Count: 220
Tags:
Eleri has written 78 posts
Foxy and FoxetteFeb 26, 2023 15:54:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 215 | notes
Miroru followed along with the Bakenokawa leading her, pacing along and pausing only when the path lead them back onto the ground and past a particular roof on the way. "Huh? Why'd we come back down? I don't see anyo-"

"I heard you were looking for me?"

"-OOAAAAAAGH!" Miroru shrieked, vanishing in a blaze of electricity streaking off behind a corner. Only after it faded did she peek back out, clearly frazzled. "H-hello? Are- you- are you Hyuuga Hitomi..? That's- uh. That's who I'm looking for. Of course you're Hyuuga, but there's lots of Hyuuga so I gotta ask, I can't just assume. Yeesh..." She huffed out a breath, trying to relax as she came back round the corner. "You can't just pounce on a girl like that, you'll gimme a heart attack..! I'm too old to die like an old maid!" Another few long breaths to recover, and to calm down a touch, and she puffed out another heavy breath. "Um. Hello! I'm Uchiha Miroru. It's a pleasure to meet you, if you are in fact the other kunoichi on the fox contract!"

MISSIONS
Foxy and FoxetteFeb 27, 2023 6:09:44 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 21st March rank Special Jounin occupation Academy Instructor

Hyūga Hitomi

It was so hard not to burst out laughing at the reaction she had received, so rarely was she allowed to relax enough to prank someone, and it had been many years since she had freely laughed as much as she could. The look on the young girl's face was priceless, and Hitomi could almost swear she had watched the orange hair stand on end for a moment in shock.

Instead of answering the question posed to her, Hitomi knelt slightly and put her hands to the ground, the pair of bakenokawa that had travelled with Miroru clambering up her arms to settle on her shoulder, a third tiny fox popping its masked face up over the top of her head to stare at Miroru. 

"I think you mean you're too young to die like an old maid... though I certainly hope you're a maid, you're like... twelve," Hitomi said, her every word dripping with aristocratic snobbery, which contrasted with the fact that she was speaking like a teen, and had a trio of foxes sprawled over her. "But yes, Miroru-chan, you've managed to track me down with my own traitorous summons, congratulations," she added, one hand grabbing a bakenokawa and promptly tickling it's tiny belly, causing all three to start giggling simultaneously. 

"Was there something I can help you with?"

Word Count: 221
Tags:
Foxy and FoxetteFeb 28, 2023 0:55:49 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 210 | notes
Maybe she had set Miroru's hair on edge! That entrance had been like something out of a horror film! Or at least a film that could horrify small children for generations! Miroru had to double-think to check back over what she said, and puffed her cheeks out. Hitomi was right, she'd misspoken. "Hmph... yeah, yeah, that's what I meant! You understood it so it worked out alright! And of course I am, but that's beside the point, isn't it?! You just about shocked me into early retirement!"

The redhead grumped a bit even now, but nodded as she was acknowledged as having found her, assisted by the traitorous little foxes! "Help? No, I just- wanted to meet you. There's not a lot of names on the contract and I was wondering who this Hitomi person was. I only really get to spend time in my own clan compound, and visist a couple others, but Shigure-sensei always comes and meets me so I've never really been around your clan's place. And thus have you eluded my watchful eye... until today!"

MISSIONS
Foxy and FoxetteMar 4, 2023 5:39:35 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Hyūga Hitomi

What was it with overly energetic Uchiha right now? First Iwane and now Miroru, it was almost amusing that she seemed to be attracting members of Konoha's other doujutsu clan within such a short period of time. It wasn't a bother or anything of the sort, it was just amusing that fate seemed to put her in the path of a pair of Uchiha so soon after one another. 

And such energetic little Uchiha too.

"Well, you managed to track me down little huntress, what now?" she asked, a slight smile on her face. "Shigure-kun has mentioned you to me, so I can guess some of your thoughts, but since you went to all this trouble, perhaps you had something in mind? Or were you just a fox chasing their own tail, not expecting to actually catch it?"

That was entirely a possibility truth be told, that Miroru had been more interested in the mystery than thinking about what she'd do when she had reached her goal. It was a fairly common problem in the students at the academy too, not thinking things that far ahead. That said, from what Shigure had said, she doubted that the orange-haired Uchiha was quite so hopeless as that.

No, the head of Hyūga was quite complimentary when he spoke of the firecracker fox summoning Genin.

Word Count: 222
Tags:

Foxy and FoxetteMar 4, 2023 23:31:26 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 179 | notes
"I sure did! As for what now- well, I dunno! I wasn't, like. Hunting you down to demand much of you or anything. I just wanted to see if the other fox folx wanted to get to know each other! I adore our foxy friends, and they seem to like me pretty well, too, so I wanted to get to know everyone else they cared about! Would you wanna grab lunch or hang out or something?" Miroru asked shamelessly, tilting her head in a very vulpine way. "Or are you too busy? I know you got plenty on your plate, just like Shigure-sensei, but I figure it can't hurt to ask! So what do you say? You wanna? No? Or maybe another time?" She did her best to leave all possible options open to Hitomi so she didn't feel pressured or leveraged towards any particular choice!

MISSIONS
Foxy and FoxetteMar 21, 2023 5:39:03 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Hyūga Hitomi

Hitomi stared at the girl for a few moments before reaching out to ruffle her hair, the same way she would for one of the more precocious of the fox summons, making a mess of the Uchiha's red hair with a slight smile. "You're a good kid," the Hyūga said, giving Miroru a smile "did you have anything in mind? I'm not particularly busy right this moment, I'm sure I can spend some time with a comrade in arms against the dorks we deign to allow to share our contract with," the fact that they were likely the most recent signers of the contract didn't change the fact that it was clearly theirs more than the men... for reasons.

"I suppose we should learn about one another, after all, we're like sisters now, or maybe I'm an aunt? Ototo isn't likely to give me nieces or nephews any time soon after all..." she trailed off in thought at that, tapping a finger to her chin, "well, whatever we are, we're some kinda fox family now, right?"

Really, she was mostly trying to make the most of this because it would give her an excuse to avoid a certain someone that she didn't want to see right now, bane of her existance though he was. Not to mention everything she'd heard of the Uchiha meant she wanted to at least get to know her better.

Word Count: 234
Tags:

Foxy and FoxetteMar 21, 2023 20:32:43 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 220 | notes
Miroru perked up to have her hair tousled. It still made her feel adored every time someone did that sincerely. It wasn't a big thing, but the willingness to trust she wouldn't overreact enough to make a mess of her hair made her smile wide. "Heyyyyy! Watch the fluuuuuff!" She protested without a hint of sincerity as she half-heartedly patted it back down afterwards. It looked the same.

"Oh! Well- can I treat you to yakitori? It'd only be like one skewer apiece- tending foxes doesn't pay super well- but it'd be a nice snack to chat over? There's a few good places in town, and one's not even too far..."

The redhead's eyes widened at being called her sister, and she grinned wide! "Nono, sister's great! We're part of the skulk, after all, right? So we're right here with each other!" She did pause for a moment, though. "Ototo? Who's that?"

The acceptance of the offer to meet was met with a firm, bold nod and a waved hand as she turned to lead the way for their little fox pack. "It's a few blocks away! Follow me!"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0