BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]Feb 28, 2023 10:53:06 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"back to its former glory".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

WAITING FOR KOYO

It was finally time to bring Koyo on a mission together with him, and Shigure knew the perfect mission for them. Now, he was pretty sure she would be upset once she found out what the mission entailed, but he also knew that she needed some training in regards to her humility, and the duty of service shinobi had. And if he could personally benefit from that valuable lesson, why not call it a win-win, right? The Hyuuga District was still in serious need of repairs, and that was an appropriate work for a Genin. And while he did intend on taking Koyo, and the rest of his team, on more dangerous missions before they could join the Chuunin Exams, this would be a good opportunity to get a better understanding of the Uchiha lass.

With that in mind, Shigure was purposedely vague in his letter to the girl, delivered to her house by Daisuke, one of his Eagle Summons. The scroll merely told her to rendezvous with her sensei in the Hyuuga District, where they trained together last time, for they would be going on a D-Rank Mission together. Shigure would wait for her there, dressing on his Jounin attire rather than his clan outfit, for he was now a Team sensei, and not just the head of the clan. When Koyo showed up, she would probably notice the large number of construction workers who were repairing the destroyed dojo of the main house.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

D-Rank Mission [1/10]
Waiting for Koyo
[]
[253 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]Feb 28, 2023 12:39:28 GMT -5
Kōyō
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kōyō Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday November, 2nd rank [Adv] Genin occupation Team member
"BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY".
"You did what you had to do to survive, there is no shame in that".
Uchiha Kōyō

Expectations too high, as the temperature.

Shigure didn't fail into hiding details of that mission from her. - "Son of a..." - as the sound of something heavy landing at her front door interrupted her line of thought, the girl jumped out of her bed running to see what happened. She had, though, a very - and almost certain - guess on what had happened - MANGY-BOY, HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO TELL YOU! - and she fiercely opened the door ready to punch Hayato in the face as she announced - DO - NOT - GATSUGA - MY FUCKING DO---ooor?! - Well, 'almost certain' indeed. - What the fuck!? A Birdo-o? - Not simply a bird, but an eagle. A quite awesome one. It's name was Daisuke  

- Awesome! - she shouted, but just like her - at most of the times she had to interact with human beings - Daisuke wasn't there to make friends. - "Now I want to tame a bird too" - she cried in her own thoughts, wishing to have a cool pet like this one.

All and all, Kōyō received a very poor detailed instructions, which wasn't exactly regular coming from Shigure since all his summon came with decent instructions. - "Something is odd" - she narrowed her eyes, suspicious. Her intuitions were alerting and alarming that something wasn't right. But what else could she do, anyway? 

After taking the time to prepare for the awesome mission, the young Uchiha lass headed towards the Hyuga district. This time, Satoshi and 'Jerry' [this is her equivalent to 'his useless partner which the name is equally irrelevant] were already awaiting for her - Oh, thank you, boys. Better of this way, don't you think? You have my appreciation now. - she cracked a bossy smile, as she walked through the corridor but this time coming to another part of the district. This one was a big mess.

As the sun burned her soul, this time she was using light clothes which were also more flexible for combat and also quite refreshing. She didn't want to get all sweat and stick even before the mission started. This was a very hot day. As the Uchiha noticed the cracky structures, she assumed something really bad happened there. But worse than that - "I feel very sorry for the poor bastards who will have to work their ass off to make these amendments properly".

As she finally met the rendezvous point, spotting Shigure there, she swiftly moved towards him and said - Ohh... Feels like I'm gonna melt. What a hot-as-hell day! - she vented, rubbing her sleeve in her forehead to clean a drop os sweat - Anyway! This place is a mess, what happened here? - not that she really cared or wanted to know, though, albeit yes slightly curious of what could have happened there. But not enough to contain the most important question of the day - And what about our mission? Can't wait to find out why your being so mysterious about it. - she bragged, crossing her arms and holding an upset expression. At least she tried to pretend she was upset, when actually she was quite pissed. 

"You might be powerful, but that doesn't make you strong".

Working her ass off ! ! ! [02/10]
- Learning humility on the hard way -
[ ]
[538 Words]
last edit by Kōyō on Feb 28, 2023 14:00:01 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 36 posts
BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]Feb 28, 2023 13:53:24 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

PHYSICAL LABOUR

Daisuke promptly delivered the mission scroll to Koyo, which was arguably vague, and once he was done with his duty, he would poof out of this realm, revealing its status as a summoned creature. It should've come as no surprise that someone of Shigure's rank and status would have access to a summoning contract, but it was always interesting to know what type of creatures each shinobi had been able to bond with. In any case, the girl would make haste towards the Hyuuga District, where Satoshi and Takano were already waiting for her, and promptly opened the door. "This one is more annoying than the clueless kid with the Byakugan, uh, Satoshi?" Takano said, sighing deeply. Satoshi then glanced over to his partner and chuckled. "Wahei-kun? I actually like him. And remember, he saved Shigure-sama." he reminded his partner.

It was a hot day for this time of the year indeed, an unusual winter day. "Weather is weird today indeed." he admitted, with a nod of his head. Koyo would then point out to how messed up the place was. "That was the outcome of my battle with my father. It is a long story, and one I'm not yet sure you should hear, so, let's get started on our mission?" he asked, cracking a mischievous smirk in the corner of his mouth.

One of the construction workers would finally approach them and look at Shigure. "Shigure-sama, is this the Genin who will help us with the construction?" he asked, and Shigure promptly nodded, petting Koyo's head with his hand. "That's the one indeed. Koyo-chan's mission is to aid the construction worker with the repairs to the Hyuuga District!" he finally revealed, widening his smirk and anticipating her getting very much pissed off with her assignment, even though it was an official village mission nonetheless. "Well, that's good. Come on, kid." the construction worker said, waiting for Koyo to follow him.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

D-Rank Mission [3/10]
Construction worker comes to fetch Koyo
[]
[332 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Feb 28, 2023 13:53:42 GMT -5
BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]Feb 28, 2023 14:21:51 GMT -5
Kōyō
Kōyō Avatar
groupnull
Uchiha Kōyō

The poor bastard.

- Wow. And I thought my family were tough material. - she mentioned right away, although coming to think it kind of rang some bell. She remembered have heard something like a 'fight for the throne' whilst digging out Shigure's past in her background check. - Meh. None of these stuff are my business. So, no worries, I won't stick my nose around into your family novel. - "Meaning I couldn't care any less, pops" - She bragged with that moaning bossy-tone  she usually used, though all of sudden her expression turn slightly greedy - Except if could somehow make me stronger, of course. Don't seem to be the case, though - and it was promptly right back, as the girl shrugged walking with her eyes closed, barely notice the figure approaching and, when she did - "Who's this vassal anyway? Man, you really could use some exercise, eh, chubby-buddy?" - not to mention the smell. Yack!

Even before Kōyō could crack her own mischievous muffled-chuckled as slowly stepping back to get rid of the smell, she couldn't avoid hearing that man said something quite... 'compromising'. - "Oh, my sweet morning pie. Some random - and probably loser - genin was assigned to work with those pigs!?" - she realized, making even harder to hold that laugh - "Man, I almost feel sorry for this..." - but as a rock colliding against the glass, her line of thought felt into oblivion, she could swear that her heart had just stop, as the words echoed in her now empty as vacuum mind - "P-o-o-r - b-a-s-t-a-r-d-d-d-d".

- BAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAA!!!!!! - her eyes went all large, wide and white as if the girl had a byakugan herself, though filled with the most truth and sincere angry from the deepest bottom and perhaps even from the underground basement of her heart, slightly below where probably hell were located. As she exploded in wrath, her finger pointed out towards the jonin and people around could swear her rage was so intense that chakra flames started popping out from her eyes and her hair started to slowly levitate as though Satan's mother-in-law herself had landed on Earth to curse the whole mankind - You... fool me. - and so she fell on her knees, walking over them with heads point the ground and a big energy wave of depression and failure along with her - "How did I end up becoming the big-fat-looser genin assembled to this shit!?" - at the auto pilot mode, the girl walked with the chubby worker - "I swear to whatever rules this fucking universe, Hyuga Shigure, I'll kill you someday while you sleep" - and she threw a last killing stare towards him.

Working her ass off ! ! ! [04/10]
[ ]
[456 Words]
last edit by Kōyō on Feb 28, 2023 14:23:11 GMT -5
BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]Feb 28, 2023 14:54:02 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

COUNTING ON YOU

He was happy to hear Koyo felt no inclination towards snooping in what had happened in the Hyuuga District that fateful night; he would rather keep that on the down low to anyone who didn't absolutely need to know what happened between him and Urashi, things were already difficult as it was, without other people sticking their nose there. In any case, her focus would soon shift the moment she realized what her mission entailed, and he almost cracked in laughter when her eyes widened and she called him an idiot, pointing towards Shigure, who widened his smirk and scratched the back of his head. "It is an official mission village, ya know?" he defended himself with a light shrug, and he was not lying.

As her anger seemed to fade away, and her face turned to one of sadness, she dragged herself towards the construction site. The worker would turn to her and scratch the top of his head. "Can you, uh... Make haste, please? This dojo will not rebuild itself, 'kay? the man said, then pointing to a pile of wood. "Since you are a shinobi, can you start bringing me the wood? Oh... And a glass of water would be awesome as well." the man asked, as he continued to rebuild the place.

Shigure approached with his arms folded as he stood there to oversee the work. "Work hard, Koyo-chan. I'm counting on you!" he said, giving her a playful wink.

D-Rank Mission [5/10]
Construction worker instructs Koyo on how to help, and asks for water too
[]
[262 words]
BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY [D-Rank Mission]Apr 16, 2023 14:59:24 GMT -5
Kōyō
Kōyō Avatar
groupnull
Uchiha Kōyō

Bulding up.

- I can't believe. I feel like I'm a rookie again - she was clearly pissed, and having the old contractor bossing her around and pressuring her made her get closer to lost her grip. But Shigure had a point. A mission is a mission. So, whatever she had to do - like cleaning that miserable hospital - she had to do it with mastery and unquestinable excellence. - Alright, old man. I'll show what I'm made of. - using the anger as a boost, she promptly grabbed the water glass with extra ice and rolled up her sleeves to start carrying those woods.

She were clueless about constructions and stuff, but she also had natural curiosity for knowledge and even though she was playing tough at first, it didn't take long for her to actually do a great job and start to make questions about the site. - I'll give you guys that... It's fascinating how you manage to build up houses and even buildings like that. - she grabbed another glass of water to the man, and a few snacks she made that'd give them more energy for the hard work, even though she was also taking some risk and volunteering for a hard work herself. 

There was little things Kōyō would appreciate more than craving her mark onto something. In that case, hammering the woods whe carried and repairing a whole ceiling with mastery was something that one day she knew she would point out and say - "I did that myself". Her dumb pissed off face was turning into a proudly one little by little. - "Perhaps one day I might build up my own house from scratch too" - she wondered. 

Working her ass off ! ! ! [06/10]
[ ]
[288 Words]