A flick of the Wrist

compose a reply
A flick of the WristApr 3, 2023 0:16:34 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 210 | notes

"Maybe!" Souma replied, smiling at the idea of Taki deliberately finding some way to be extra energetic! "For now, though- let us get to work!"

Souma was cautious with this huge fish shadow, not at all sure what to expect from it. Taki had warned her to be careful, and she took her friend's advice very seriously! IF this fish could worry Taki, what sort of monster could it-

"FPBBBBTTTTTGACK! AAAH! FISH WATER! IN MY MOUTH! GYUCK! NLEH! PLEH! BLEHHHHH!" Souma yelled as the huge fish splashed the heck out of her! "Rude! Scoundrel! Rapscallion! How is that any way to greet a new friend?!" Souma kicked the bank, sending a few blades of grass drifting onto the water's surface. "Maybe I'll splash air into your river! See how you like it!" She filled up her buckets quickly and retreated, soggy and sloshing as she tromped, the robes under her armor absolutely sodden.

"Fish... splash... teach that fish a lesson in manners... bring a whole library of etiquette manuals next time... see who splashes whom..." She'd already made up her mind. Next time!? She'd choose fishy violence.

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
last edit by Souma on Apr 3, 2023 0:16:58 GMT -5
Threnody has written 348 posts
A flick of the WristApr 7, 2023 14:06:40 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It would seem that Taki would’ve arrived back to camp first and upon doing so she’d drop the bear down and figured it was about time to skin the poor creature, in doing so the girl would pull out a Kunai and would start cutting the beat meat apart and skinning the meat, taking some of the better pieces and setting them on a table she had brought with her that had a tarp placed upon it for keeping it off of the floor, the smell of the meat was rancid but at least it’d taste good once it everything was cooked, she left the parts that Souma had mentioned to make that specific dish she referred too in a spare container so that she could make it the way she wanted.

With the bear meat cut up she’d also start a fire and wait for Souma to arrive it shouldn’t take her this long for everything to be put together, but as she saw the girl make her way back to camp drenched in water the girl would let ought a snicker that she’d hide behind her gloves. "I told ya ta watch out for da fish.” the girl would say trying to contain herself. "You need to dry awf?” the girl would say pointing towards her tent, as she looked back over at the bear meat that cooked over the fire.

"Food should be done….eventually, I left the bear fat right ova dere so you could make dat dish you were tawlkin about.” she wasn’t wearing a watch and had already lost track of time to begin with, it was the middle of the afternoon just a few hours before dusk. "Man I feel like I shoulda brought a radio wit me…it’s so quiet…” despite spending time in Nature a lot she’d never quite gotten used to the sounds of nature being a city girl and all. She’d look out at the mountain side whilst the food charred in the distance. "But I guess it ain’t so bad…”

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

345 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
A flick of the WristMay 7, 2023 3:01:09 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 203 | notes

"Yes. You did," Souma admitted, grumbling to herself. "And no. I will be fine. It will dry on its own. If I stop to dry off, the fish wins.

The fish does not GET to win!"
declared the medic, depositing the collected water and moving to the bear carcass and the reserved bear fat, of which there was, of course, just a ton. After producing a razor-sharp chef knife with a quick jutsu, she started to slice, then dice, the fat into big bite-sized pieces. They'd shrink as they rendered and fried, making nice little niblets once they were ready.

All this, she dumped into a flat, wide pan she likewise made herself, along with a little water and a lid. Steaming the fat would render it more quickly, and once the fat was rendered out, she'd be able to take the lid off, allow the steam to escape, and fry the fat into those delectable cracklings she'd described.

"It is a bit quiet," Souma admitted while she worked on the bear fat. "We could sing? If you want?"

A flick of the WristMay 7, 2023 13:20:25 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl made her way back to camp she seemed to be quite upset that she was doused by the fish, Taki finding it a bit amusing would make her way towards the girl and would go behind her. "Souma…its just a fish…” she’d say looking over at her and she went a pulled a few things from her tent. "We’ll catch him tomorrow and serve him up for dinner, how's that sound?” she’d say with a smile.

After a while Souma would make their meal and Taki would begin humming a song there was some plates and silverware that were packed for their journey and Taki would remove them from her tent, taking one for herself and leaving Souma with a more traditional pair of chopsticks. The smell was teasing her and she had hoped it was done soon as she watched her prepare the pot. She’d look over at the girl as she cooked her food she was in her element.

It was nice to see. "Me sing…you have the better voice out of the two of us.” the girl would start thinking about the song the two of them had sung before that she started to hum, if she recognized the lyrics she was free to sing them at her leisure, Taki liked hearing it. She’d sit on the grass removing her boots and her gloves reclining on the grass. "Hmm…Hmm…Hmm…” the soft texture against her arms and the aroma of fresh food.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

220 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on May 7, 2023 13:29:51 GMT -5
A flick of the WristMay 7, 2023 14:36:31 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 361 | notes

Souma had to stop and think for a moment at Taki's offer of revenge. It took a bit, but she shook her head. "I think... probably no. That feels extreme for splashing me. I was the one invading the fish's space, really. I would just end up feeling bad for being petty enough to eat the fish for splashing me," she admitted. "Though the idea is nice in concept. I think I can live with that- knowing the fish only survives uneaten because of my mercy." She nodded firmly.

The cracklings were done soon, and Souma dished them up, reserving the rendered bear fat for cooking more things later. The bite-sized bits were like grown up bacon bits, each one like a puff of that perfectly crisped bacon fat that crumbles and melts in the mouth.

Souma did, of course, recognize the song and started to sing along, crooning almost absent mindedly while she for their food ready.

"How did I live in a kingdom of thieves?
And people who say things they don't really mean, really mean?"

That line said a lot for her. She really did feel that way a lot. There were so many things people put out there that were slant-reasoned or dishonest, deliberate deceptions and white lies. For someone like Souma who didn't- couldn't- think that way, it had been rough growing up unable to trust what she was being told by others.

"You're only everything I ever dreamed
Ever dreamed of, ever dreamed of~
You must be kidding me, did you really think
I could say no?"

She kept singing, unable to look directly at Taki as she sang these lyrics in particular, but determined to sing them anyway as her cheeks started to light up.

"I want you for a lifetime
So if you're gonna think twice, baby?
I don't wanna know, baby, I don't wanna know~
Everything is just right
But if you're gonna think twice, baby?
I don't wanna know, baby, I don't wanna know~"

A flick of the WristMay 7, 2023 15:57:34 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the food finished the girl would sit seeing it placed before her and would take in the aroma smiling with delight as it hit her nose. Souma would then go on to sing and Taki would notice the way she sang the lyrics she seemed to look away from her. And Taki would notice as she belted out the lyrics Taki her would take the girls face and turn it towards her. She was enjoying this it was fun it was playful and she sang the end of the chorus, Taki recognized where the next set of the lyrics were slated to go and sang them herself.

"Kiss me once…” she’d lay her hand across her friends fingers gently pushing the utensils out of her fingers. "Kiss me twice…” her second hand enveloping hers.

"Kiss me three times…” and almost as if in Unison Taki would lower her eyes. "Cross the line…~” she’d lean her head forward pressing her lips against Souma’s a sharp beating of her heart as she felt the tenderness of her lips, her breath coming into hers. As their lips locked Taki felt something unexpected at this point it wasn’t a game she’d break the kiss but the flirty gesture was gone her eyes soft like something had changed, for a moment she’d stare at her like she unlocked something.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

225 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
A flick of the WristMay 7, 2023 17:46:27 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 211 | notes

Souma beamed as she saw Taki smile at the smell of the food as it was placed down for her. She couldn't catch the look on Taki's face as she noticed Souma was looking away, due to... well, looking away, but she certainly noticed when Taki's hand turned her face in the blonde's direction.

The flush in her cheeks deepened dramatically on the spot as Taki took over the lyrics, took over her hands- took over her lips. It was brief, but Souma felt that momentary shift from flirty to soft right at the end, and found herself staring back into Taki's sky-blue eyes as she pulled back faintly- only for Souma to weave her fingers into Taki's own and press close, kissing her properly this time. There was nobody around to interrupt the perfect moment, nobody to take attention away from each other, nothing to do but live in that kiss as long as it lasted.

Somewhere, a fish delivered a particularly satisfied splash as it dropped back into its home. Maybe this wasn't strictly its doing- but nobody could stop it from deciding it was, anyhow.

A flick of the WristMay 8, 2023 11:50:08 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl broke the kiss her cheeks were caressed as she took a moment to gaze upon those lovely blue eyes. A pause as her feelings softened she was pulled in once again taken in, laying on top of the girl letting her passion free as she kissed her.

Once again holding onto the girl's face as the day turned to dusk playing with her soft blue hair wrapping her arms around her and pulling her close. She wanted to say she was sorry for everything for ignoring her feelings, but instead held her there, her body telling her what her words couldn't.

For the first time in a while she felt she could just forget about everything, There was so much anger so many negative feelings and no one to quell it. However Souma was always in her corner always had her back maybe she unlocked was her heart.

As they broke she’d look the girl in her eyes caressing her face and smiling no words were needed for words their hearts were weaving. She kissed her again, the feeling of the grass on the ground, the aroma of food in the air and bliss in her hands nothing could be better. She laid there locking their feet together and staring into her eyes, a smile she just wanted her to hold her the food could wait for now all her heart hungered for was Souma.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

230 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style