Birds of a Feather

compose a reply
Birds of a Feather Feb 28, 2023 17:08:57 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Busy Work

Sorting the archives was perhaps one of the most essential and absolutely boring jobs a shinobi could have in their lifetime. For a genin such a mission simply meant going over d-rank mission reports, general report scrolls, and other non-classified documents and other minutia that piled up over the lifetime of a village and either resorting them or burning them. Documents could range in importance from grain cost listing to fancy scrolls from nobles who's contents contained nothing more then glorified marriage offers to previous raikage's and the likes.

One might think the variety kept things interesting, but it had the opposite effect in that it required every. single. scroll. to be opened and check before potential resorting and disposal. The one shining redeeming factor about the work being that it paid rather well and was something Azarea could do while taking a lunch break between training sessions for a little extra cash. Which was exactly why she was doing it and not at all because a certain Hatake had shown up in the village and she was hiding. Not at all. Nope.

Of course her solitude and efforts to remain out of sight only worked for so long against a fellow KME user and sighing Azarea felt a familiar chakra signature threading it's way down the stairs towards her location. She'd bet her sandwich Pakkun sniffed her out and got Toshizou close enough to pick up her signature the little traitor.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Birds of a Feather Feb 28, 2023 17:36:44 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Aku Soku Zan - Slay Evil Immediately
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
age 37 years old birthday April 15 rank Elite Jounin occupation Shinobi Council | Commander of Root
header
"birds of a feather".
"A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic, dead or alive."

HARD TO TRACK DOWN

There were some clear downsides to having helped Azarea master the Kagura Mind's Eye, and one of them was the fact that she could quite literally make her chakra signature disappear, and that made Toshizou's life much harder when he needed to find her. Still, he had other means to track her, and with Pakkun's sharp nose, it was but a matter of time until he could get on her track. Toshizou had travel a long way to talk to his elder daughter, following a terrible - and stupid - incident between Azarea and Tokaku. He knew things were far from great, and that was the reason why he was in the Hidden Cloud, so he could try and make things as right as possible.

Eventually, Pakkun would guide Toshizou to the building where Azarea was, at which point hiding her signature from him was borderline impossible due to the sheer proximity. Once he was there, he would let Pakkun go, as the miniature pug was far from excited at the prospect of potentially seeing the red-haired, and thus Toshizou continued alone, going down a set of stairs until he found the lass further away.

"I have been looking for you. I see you were not making my life easy in that regard, and although I apologize for intruding, this is important." he said, with a rather serious tone.

"You can train a dog with food. You can buy a person with money. But there isn't a man alive that can put down the Will of Fire. Some things will never change. The Will of Fire will never be extinguished"

Hidden Cloud Village
Finding Azarea
[]
[235 words]
Ren has written 399 posts
Birds of a Feather Feb 28, 2023 17:51:56 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Wary Greetings

Azarea tensed despite herself as the door swung open to reveal the pale haired Hatake as the girl peered back at him warily from over her pile of scrolls. She didn't move to flee and while the tenuous trust he'd worked hard to build up with her was not destroyed it was certainly fractured. If the way the red haired kunoichi was eyeing him like a potential threat to be sized up was anything to go by. "Good evening Hatake-san," She greeted him voice clipped, polite, and more then a little wary as she blindly grabbed for the next scroll frowning when a rather old, leather wrapped, and hefty one came away in her hand smelling like dust and booze. Had someone been drinking in the archives? Well... someone other then her?

"What can I help you with?" Azarea inquired uncertain what to expect. She might be his daughter in blood, but Tokaku was a child he raised in his own image and had offered his home and life to where she had been denied. Even if diplomatically she was not at fault... she had no reason to believe the man wouldn't be more then a little upset with her. Though at least their fight had proven one thing for certain. She wasn't to be out done even by an Uchiha.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Birds of a Feather Feb 28, 2023 18:01:06 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
age 37 years old birthday April 15 rank Elite Jounin occupation Shinobi Council | Commander of Root
header
"birds of a feather".

MY SHORTCOMINGS

Azarea could be quite cold when she wanted to and the way she greeted him indicated that she was at the very leas very wary of the situation. No sarcasm, no jokes, or any visible emotion. He could sense, however, how tense she was, and that was the main reason he was there to begin with. She would follow up with a question, asking how she could be of service, and he would sigh in return, shaking his head. "Nothing you can help me with, I came here to talk to you regarding the training incident, if we can even call it that." he said, frowning his brows as the subject clearly bothered him. He felt guilty to an extend, knowing that Tokaku was the closest thing to raising a child he had done, other than recently taking in Shinde as the heiress of the Hatake clan.

Suddenly, Toshizou would bow to Azarea. Not your regular greeting bow, but a more formal, apologetic one. And while he kept his head low, he would begin speaking again. "I'm sorry my shortcomings as a father led Tokaku to assaulting you. I failed you both there, and there's no excuse for it. I chose this path and it led to something I didn't desire in the slightest." he started, not moving his body as he continued in his bow. "I did speak, and apologize, to the Raikage already. But you were the victim of that attack." he added, exhaling sharply before continuing. "I am responsible for what happened, and I hope I can find a way to repent for that. I will also keep a closer eye on Tokaku, and make sure she understands the importance of fostering good relationships with our allies. What happened that day will not be repeated." he finished, finally lifting his head to look into his elderst's eyes.

"You can train a dog with food. You can buy a person with money. But there isn't a man alive that can put down the Will of Fire. Some things will never change. The Will of Fire will never be extinguished"

Hidden Cloud Village
Apology
[]
[315 words]
Birds of a Feather Feb 28, 2023 19:06:24 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Startled

Azarea didn't exactly relax, but when Toshizou failed to lash out in anger in mention of the incident she did allow herself to shift her gaze to the scrolls she was working on once more or well... scroll. The ties on the large bound paper roll proving unusually stubborn as drawing a kunai from her holster she carefully sliced the cords unrolling the scroll... and fumbled her knife in surprise as councilor bowed to her of all things.

"I... what!? Sonofa~" Azarea's startled exclamations and swears bled together as she caught her hand o the blade as she grabbed it out of the air before it could impale the paper beneath it. Her attention now fully on Toshizou as her throat tightened with surprise and pain words struggling to get past the lump of emotion.

"Why are you... I thought you'd be angry? She's your daughter. The one you took in, rescued, and raised, and I nearly killed her." She questions her eyes searching Toshizou's own gaze confused and a little scared. "Even if it was in self defense."

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Birds of a Feather Mar 1, 2023 11:29:18 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header
"birds of a father".

HARD DECISION

Toshizou looked into Azarea's eyes. "She is my daughter, but before she is my daughter, she is a Leaf shinobi under my responsibility, who attacked a shinobi from an allied village, provoked as she may have been, our blades should not be aimed at our allies. Ever. We have enough enemies as it is." he said, his tone was quite sincere. After all, as much as Toshizou was trying to be a better father, but he still placed the well-being of the village above his personal relationships, even if they were his own blood. He was an extreme fascist after all, and no matter how much he would improve, that was within his nature. Still, that was not the sole reason he was apologizing. He truly did no like the fact that his daughter would've acted so stupid, and endanger not only herself but Azarea as well, and he couldn't really tolerate that.

"Tokaku injured herself because she was reckless. I can only hope that she will learn from that. And that I can guide her to be better." he added, sighing and shaking his head. "I can only hope it's not to late for her to change. I would prefer not to have to do anything drastic, shall she fail to do that." he added, not going into the details about what he meant, but knowing Azarea, she could probably put two and two together and read the meaning in between the lines.

Hidden Cloud Village
Conversation
[]
[249 words]
Birds of a Feather Mar 1, 2023 12:34:54 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Daughters & Soldiers

This was not a Father coming to apologize for the misdeeds of his daughter. No... Azarea realizes, this was a leader coming to make amends for the actions of his soldier. For a moment Azarea almost felt pity for Tokaky, but the girl still chose to follow Toshizou blindly and willful ignorance was it's own sin. As sighing Azarea pushed herself upright and offered Toshizou a polite half bow with her hand at rest against the table to indicate she still had much work to do. "I see. Thank you for your reassurances Toshizou-san. I hope you will teach her better going forward and continue to lead by example." She murmured knowing that the Hatake himself would be seeking out therapy. Perhaps not a bad route for the Uchiha as well.

"I apologize for not reigning the situation in sooner on my part. I shan't make excuses for my actions." Azarea adds knowing she too had been childish. "Though it is my hope that she will be less reckless with her allies and~" The scroll beneath the Kumo nin's fingertips lit up as her head whipped towards it in shock realizing her mistake as she jerked her hand back leaving a bloody smeared imprint in it's wake from her prior fumbling.

"Shit~" Was all Azarea got out as the room erupted in smoke.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Birds of a Feather Mar 1, 2023 13:59:44 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header
"birds of a feather".

SEALING TECHNIQUE

Azarea seemed to be open to the apology, even though he knew that it didn't mean she would be open to interacting with Tokaku any further. In a way, a part of him was sad to see that bridge had been burned, but at the same time, he was happy this was kept as a small incident rather than taking any larger proportion, and for that, he was almost relieved.

Seemed like the red-haired also recognized that she did egg Tokaku on a bit, and that she could indeed have chosen to try and descalate the situation instead, but ultimately, it was Tokaku who ended up letting herself lose any grip and draw steel against an ally. A stupid and foolish action he condemned with all his soul.

Suddenly, the scroll she was holding was lit ablaze and Azarea quickly whipped her head, jerking her hand back. As everything began to erupt in smoke, Toshizou quickly grabbed one of his scrolls, and slamming his hands on it, he sealed Azarea's scroll, and part of the smoke that came with it inside of it. His reflexes quite sharp, despite the fact he was almost no longer in his prime. "Now that was nasty. What was that?" he asked her, as he rolled up his own scroll before offering it to Azarea; whatever was inside of the flaming one, it was something she seemed to be working on.

Hidden Cloud Village
Uses Hikin Fuinjutsu to seal the scroll and part of the smoke.
[]
[252 words]
Birds of a Feather Mar 1, 2023 15:54:42 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Smoke

Azarea coughs waving some of the smoke away as she offers Toshizou a nod of gratitude for his quick reaction to the problem. "I don't know. I didn't get a good look at it. Some malfunctioning fuinjutsu maybe? Feels like it took a chunk of my chakra." She muses reaching out to accept the scroll sealed within a scroll eyeing it a bit warily like a live bomb

"Well that's not a very nice way to refer to an ancient and prestigious contract scroll Summoner," A cool aristocratic voice echoes down from the eves of the archive as perched half in darkness atop a bookcase is a large, blue eyed, three legged crow bedecked in glittering gold jewelry.

"Excuse me?" Azarea questions at least managing to remember her manners in the face of what was clearly a summons.

"You are excused for your conduct given this is our first meeting Summoner and we have not had one in some time, but if you would please release our contract scroll from the contents of said scroll? It's distinctly uncomfortable double sealing such things." The three legged Crow continues in a more genial, but no less aristocratic voice. As Azarea glanced between the crow and the scroll in her hands and slowly unsealed it. Releasing the previous massive scroll catching it as she hisses and tries not to drop it as the thing smokes a bit more glowing as even the outer layers drink up the blood of her wounded hand before suddenly the cut is sealed shut leaving a shiny golden scar in it's wake seen between the leather tear where the fumbled kunai had pierced her hand.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Mar 1, 2023 15:56:53 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather Mar 1, 2023 16:07:33 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header
"birds of a feather".

ANOTHER SUMMONING CONTRACT

Toshizou grew immediately suspicious when Azarea mentioned that it took a bunch of her chakra, and he could confirm that as he opened his Mind's Eye once again. But that was not the only thing he had noticed. There was another chakra signature there, and he promptly turned around to face the crow who shortly afterwards addressed them. "I see..." he mused, folding his arms in front of his chest, as he glanced over towards his eldest daughter. "Do you have a summon magnet, or something?" he teased her, remembering last time when they were dragged into the Bat realm.

As the crow continued to speak, mentioning that what Toshizou had sealed as reaction was their contract, the Hatake nodded to the creature. "Well, perhaps next time don't light it ablaze? I wouldn't have sealed it otherwise. But here..." and with a single seal, the scroll was unsealed once again from Azarea's hands, thus freeing the summoning contract from the fabric trap. He was wondering what this encounter would lead them to.

What an odd day, he thought. But at least he had fulfilled the duty he had for this trip. Now he could only hope Tokaku would not continue to behave in a belligerent fashion. Unfortunately, he couldn't be more wrong in that regard...

Hidden Cloud Village
Unseals the scroll
[]
[223 words]
Birds of a Feather Mar 1, 2023 17:06:27 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Conned

"I~ That was ONE TIME!" Azarea stuttered out flushing in embarrassment as she shoots Toshizou a glare, but there's not much heat to it. The expression oddly similar to the same one the Crow gives as it ruffles its feathers looking immensely offended and embarrassed.

"It's been a long time since we've had a summoner. Some pomp and circumstance is needed to impress upon new signees the importance of our contract." The Crow reasons which is to say... they were showing off. If a bird could blush this one most certainly would.

"Wait signee?" The Kumo nin catches on glancing towards the large avian.

"Yes. Signee. I am Yatagarsu messenger of my kind and first to greet all new summoners." The Crow, Yatagarsu, explains as Azarea blinks and unrolls the scroll.

"I haven't signed anything. There was just a little mishap with a kunai~" She begins to explain as she turns the scroll over to show the scant littering of names and her bloody handprint.

"Is that not your handprint?" Yatagarsu reasons.

"Well yes." Azarea murmurs.

"And did you not place it there?" The Crow points out.

"Not on purpose, but yes, however~" Azarea begins to say.

"Then even if it isn't a name then it is still a signature of sorts and allsigningsarebindingnotakebacksI'llberetrievingmyfeenow." The crow quickly chatters out as he swoops down, grabs the sandwich Azarea had been eating off of the desk and disperses in a poof of smoke. Leaving the Kumo nin blinking incredulously before she slowly turns to Toshizou.

"Did I just get conned into a summoning contract at the cost of my fucking lunch?" She questions aloud.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Birds of a Feather Mar 7, 2023 10:21:16 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header
"birds of a feather".

A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT

"And now it happened again. At least we were not transported to their realm." he sighed, shaking his head before the crow continued to speak, looking rather offended and embarrassed. Of course, it was speaking hihgly of itself, as it seemed like it perceived Azarea as its signee. Toshizou listened carefully and ultimately, he had to agree with the crow. "It does seem like you signed it. The fact you were oblivious to it does not change the outcome. You have pledge your allegiance to the Crows of wherever the fuck they are from." he added, confirming she did indeed get conned into a summoning contract.

"Honestly, though... Better crows than bats. But that does mean I can't offer you the dog contract ever. I guess Pakkun will be happy to hear that." he said, cracking a smirk in the corner of his mouth; the miniature pug would be more than relieved once he heard the news, it already had its paws full handling Tokaku, after all, and considering the two girls were at each other's throat, it would spare him from even more drama. Now, Toshizou was wondering what the crow contract could really do. He wasn't familiar with them.

Hidden Cloud Village
--
[]
[208 words]
Birds of a Feather Mar 21, 2023 22:17:22 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Regrets or Lack Thereof

Azarea sighed pinching the bridge of her nose as she closed her eyes against the budding headache that threatened to beat against her skull like a drum. "Well I suppose at least this way Pakkun won't bite you for having me sign your contract though he might still try for having you even suggest it." She quips witha soft snicker and a shake of her head.

"But you're not wrong. I guess crows do suit me better then bats. Even if they are little greedy con-artists." She grumbles casting the now silent scroll a reproachful glare. The contract remaining still though it still hummed a bit with chakra after sating itself on her stores as part of the summoning.

"Doesn't look like anyone's signed it in a long time." Azarea muses before shifting her attention back to Toshizou with a sigh, "And I suppose this will keep your middle child from getting into a fuss and trying to make Pakkun choose between us. The pack wouldn't like that much I suspect and your youngest is going to sign it too I take it? There will be enough in-fighting there as it is." She quips with a shake of her head and a wry smirk as she gestures for him to take a seat in the chair across from the desk she'd been working at as she fishes out a canteen of definitely not water from her jacket.

"I'll be honest I'm not sorry for what I did," She admits as she wasn't foolish enough to try and lie to the man in front of her, "And I would have done worse were we not in Kuwana," Azarea adds for in this she and Toshizou were much alike. "but I will abide by Auntie's request to capture her in the future if this happens again. Hopefully she won't make me regret not doing as I said I would." She murmurs uncapping the canteen as she takes a swig and then offers it out to Toshizou.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人