A Politely Worded Missive

compose a reply
A Politely Worded MissiveFeb 28, 2023 18:40:47 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice
To Uchiha Tokaku
Kumogakure 2 Konohagakure

To prevent future complications with the alliance between our villages I am writing to you to state that should we encounter one another again I will not seek to harm you upon sight. Though it is my strongest wish that we do not meet from this day hence in person and I will not be seeking you out and request you avoid doing the same.

It has been brought to my attention that given my control over the flow of battle I was unnecessarily brutal in allowing you to suffer the effects of your own jutsu overly long. For this I will apologize as I allowed my temper to get the better of me. Though should you draw a weapon in me again I cannot guarantee your safety. That said I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,
Azarea

ulla
Keen has written 1,221 posts
A Politely Worded MissiveMar 1, 2023 2:09:45 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Azarea

My hands are burned, and it feels like holding glass to write this letter, so excuse my sloppy handwriting. I don't accept apologies from letters. If you're actually wishing to make amends, then you can do it in front of me and Miroru, to our faces. I feel as you're only writing this half-assed apology so you can show Miroru you did so only to get in her good graces again. We can three can meet in the village, I'll be unarmed and weakened when you do anyways, so I'll be of no threat. Show Miroru you mean it and not just talking only because she's angry at you or whatever. If you can't even swallow, you're pride to do that, as I can mine, then what you say is worthless in the face of action. The Uchiha respect such things.

Sincerely, Uchiha Tokaku

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Mar 1, 2023 2:10:42 GMT -5
Ember has written 177 posts
A Politely Worded MissiveMar 1, 2023 7:41:46 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice
To Uchiha Tokaku

Respectfully, you've done this to yourself. You may choose not to accept my written apology, but I will not be visiting you in person to abase myself before my attacker and ask for their forgiveness when you are too prideful to even attempt to apologize in pen and ink. Miroru may request of me things, but I am my own person and take responsibility for my own actions. She cannot force me to do or write to anyone. Neither am I a petulant child who would hide behind her good graces and make demands of others. Nor shameless enough to utilize the name and power of a clan I so eagerly previously disregarded. The fact you are attempting to do so means less then nothing other then giving you the appearance of a coward who hides behind the deeds of their Ancestors. 

Names, titles, connections, status, and blood mean nothing to me nor Kumogakure no Sato. Only ability and skill. However if you wish to see how your pride measures up against my capabilities then you are free to test that theory at your leisure. 

-Azarea

ulla
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Mar 1, 2023 7:43:20 GMT -5
A Politely Worded MissiveMar 1, 2023 10:27:32 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Azarea

Since apparently, you're willing to just read pass me, then let me be clearer, let me know if I need colored ink next time. I don't take nor give apologies over simple pen and paper. Anyone can say anything from a safe distance, why I find it meaningless. I wasn't aiming to hide behind my sister or my clan. I was only saying how sincere are your words really if face to face? I have no problem apologizing to you face to face and intend on doing so when I'm healed and not as busy with preparation for the next chuunin exams. I've already made plans to do so in fact without telling Miroru, as she also brought things to my attention. Things I do regret and had time to think about. However, I expect the same. I know an apology is different when you have to look at a person you've wronged. I hope you better understand now where I'm coming from.

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Mar 1, 2023 10:28:15 GMT -5
A Politely Worded MissiveMar 1, 2023 11:03:13 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
To Uchiha Tokaku

I see you haven't learned your lesson on ignoring the wishes of others and forcing your own upon them. I have no want or intention of ever willingly seeing you again. While I have retracted my statement that I will kill you on sight don't believe that this changes my willingness to be in your presence. It is not the place of the wrong to make demands of the wronged. I do not know how many more ways I can spell it out to you that you should leave. me. alone. You neither asked for my understanding nor consideration and thus you shall now have neither. If you cannot say what you wish to me with pen and ink then choke on your words for my once regrets in regards to your person have now grown cold. Contact me again at your own peril.

-Azarea

ulla
A Politely Worded MissiveMar 1, 2023 13:45:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Azarea

I don't usually do this, but for Miroru I will try. So consider yourself lucky as I have enough care for Miroru to go out of my comfort zone, unlike you apparently. I should have not been provoked as easily by your taunts and threats. I should have not been stubborn and too prideful in not backing down. I also should not have used such a lethal technique against an alley. I was wrong and reckless. Thus I paid the price. I am making efforts to do better in the future.

I much rather have said this to your face as I usually do when I'm apologizing, as that is a standard and boundary with me. I should be honest that I also don't wish to see you in person again. If it can't be helped, which is plausible due to how many common people in our lives, I will be at least civil, for their sake. You can do as you please however. With that out of the way, I'm fine with this being our last few letters together, as while I do accept your apology, I don't forgive you. I'll leave you alone to the best of my ability and I'm sure you'll do the same.

You're allowed one more reply if you wish, don't expect another from me after though. And I made a copy in case you wish to pretend I didn't to Miroru.

PS, fair warning, if anything happens to Miroru in your care and she is harmed or dead, and you could have prevented it, I will hunt you down with every fiber of my being. This is a promise and a threat. That is all I have to say.

Uchiha Tokaku

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Mar 1, 2023 14:02:12 GMT -5
A Politely Worded MissiveMar 1, 2023 14:15:55 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
To Uchiha Tokaku

Try not to strangle yourself with your own blind ambitions.

-Azarea

ulla