Define the word home [Mint, training]

compose a reply
Define the word home [Mint, training]Feb 28, 2023 21:47:49 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 01-01 rank Genin occupation
[newclass=.selkieCodesBorder] width:325px; border:10px solid #fbfbfb; outline:1px solid #eee;margin-top:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodes] background-color:#fefefe; border:1px solid #eee; padding:20px; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; justify-content:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesIcon] border:1px solid #eee; width:100px; height:100px; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesTitle] display:flex; width:141px; align-items:center; justify-content:flex-start; text-align:left; font:20px/90% Montserrat; text-transform:uppercase; margin-left:20px; color:#ababab; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesDivider] height:1px; width:100%; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:20px; background-color:#eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesBody] font:11px/140% roboto; padding:0px 25px; text-align:justify; color:#a1a1a1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesBody b]color: #DF6885;font:12px Montserrat;font-weight:700;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesNotes] display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; margin-top:20px; width:283px; justify-content:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesHashtags] width:131px; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesHash] display:inline-block; background-color:#D67EA4; color:#fff; font:bold 9px roboto; line-height:15px; height:15px; text-transform:uppercase; padding:1px 5px; margin:0px 2px 2px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesHash a]font:bold 9px roboto!important;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieNotesDivider] width:1px; background-color:#eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesRules] width:131px; font:bold 9px/130% roboto; letter-spacing:.5px; padding:0px 0px 0px 10px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:left; color:#aaa; [/newclass][break]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","pwfcontain"]

[attr="class","pwfheader"]

[attr="class","pwfhdtag"]
@tagged

[attr="class","pwfhdnotes"]
notes go here! they look best at two lines but you can go wild if you want since they start to scroll~

[attr="class","pwficon"]
[attr="class","pwficonbg"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]
Konsho walked through the streets of Iwagakure, a nostalgic feeling filling his body. Not too long ago he walked these streets, albeit more meek and uninterested than he did now. Now it was much more interesting to compare the architectural styles of the two villages he knew. Now he walked with casual confidence, now he was more aware of the world around him, and now seemed to truly belong in a village he no longer lived within. Would anyone recognize him?
[break][break]
As much as he wanted to devote more time to this idle curiosity, or experiment to find the answers for that question Konsho had come here with an express goal in mind. Takigakure had helped him relearn what sitting in one place did to animals. His childhood friend Okada Taki had pointed him in the directly of one of her fellow clan mates. A child by the name of Goro, who apparently had some technique for people like him- whose sole talent lied in taijutsu. Walking towards the area the Okadas called home, Konsho would slowly be pointed in the direction of Goro via various friends and family. Coming across the Okada's training studio, Konsho would look around for the small child that Taki had arranged a meeting with. Unfortunately whilst the blonde hair was usually easy to spot among a crowd- it was much harder when everyone in the clan looked the same.

[attr="class","pwfCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.pwfbody b]color:#000080;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfcontain]width:349px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#fafafa;border-bottom:10px solid #000080;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfheader]width:349px;height:100px;background-color:#000080;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0%, 100% 75%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0%, 100% 75%, 0% 100%);transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfhdtag]font-family:calibri;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;padding:5px;color:#fff;transform:rotate(-4deg);width:150px;text-align:right;height:10px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;left:209px;top:15px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfhdtag a]font:11px calibri!important;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfhdnotes]color:#fff;font-family:calibri;font-size:11px;float:left;padding:0px 5px;text-align:right;width:150px;line-height:13px;height:26px;overflow:AUTO;transform:rotate(-4deg);position:relative;top:18px;left:350px;text-transform:uppercase;transition:.5s ease;transition-delay:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfcontain:hover .pwfhdnotes]top:28px;left:185px;transition:.5s ease;transition-delay:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfcontain:hover .pwfhdtag]position:relative;left:89px;top:25px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfbody]font-family:CALIBRI;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;line-height:150%;color:#7b7b7b;padding:10px 20px 20px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwficon]width:120px;height:120px;background-color:#fafafa;border-radius:100%;transform: rotate(-5deg);float:left;position:relative;margin-top:-63px;margin-left:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwficonbg]border-radius:100%;width:100px;height:100px;position:relative;top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfhdnotes::-webkit-scrollbar]width:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfCredit]font:bold 7px roboto!important;margin-left:275px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfCredit a]font:bold 7px roboto!important;[/newclass]
last edit by Konshō Chizawa on Mar 12, 2023 1:40:18 GMT -5
Belac has written 366 posts
Define the word home [Mint, training]Mar 16, 2023 12:53:09 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Yeaaa! You're not all that tough now, are ya?
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday 4/3 rank Genin occupation
[newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goropost"]The streets seemed awkwardly empty for a Saturday afternoon, but Goro was enjoying the sun on his golden head, and the slight breeze brushing against his cheeks. The young boy sat idly atop a bench located in the Okadan compound, a burger half-wrapped in foil clutched in his hand, his jaws working at the previous bite he had taken. There was a slight smudge of ketchup smeared on the left side of his mouth—a messy eater, as always. Goro licked a bit of grease and ketchup that had accumulated on his thumb before taking another bite. Mid-bite, he noticed a stranger walking among his clan’s compounds.

Rather vigilant about who came to and from the gyms, Goro was quick to jump from his place. A face he didn’t recognize was instant curiosity, though it was also in his heart to act like a guard dog, of sorts—not that anyone ever asked him to do such a thing.

Despite not knowing the face, he could make an easy assumption, given the Takigakure headband that the older boy adorned. Ironically, as soon as he lifted himself from the bench, it seemed as though the streets of the compound would fill up again. Several members of his clan had just left their gyms, perhaps a training session was over.

Goro was lost in the crowd for several moments, though he waited for it to disperse, walking in the same direction where he had last seen the other boy wandering about. Once everyone was out of the way, he’d find himself face-to-face with none other than Konshoo Chizawa. Goro took one last bite of his burger, finishing it before even speaking to the boy. Several moments of awkward silence ensued with Goro simply eating the last of his burger before he gave a hard swallow and introduced himself.

"You’re Konoshoo, right? Okada Goro, at ya service,” he said, offering a greased-up hand. The boy looked at it awkwardly before pulling the hand back, licking the grease off a finger or two, and then wiping it on his pants leg before offering to shake again. A cheesy smile covered his face.

mint has written 211 posts
Define the word home [Mint, training]Mar 27, 2023 1:58:59 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.selkieCodesBorder] width:325px; border:10px solid #fbfbfb; outline:1px solid #eee;margin-top:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodes] background-color:#fefefe; border:1px solid #eee; padding:20px; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; justify-content:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesIcon] border:1px solid #eee; width:100px; height:100px; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesTitle] display:flex; width:141px; align-items:center; justify-content:flex-start; text-align:left; font:20px/90% Montserrat; text-transform:uppercase; margin-left:20px; color:#ababab; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesDivider] height:1px; width:100%; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:20px; background-color:#eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesBody] font:11px/140% roboto; padding:0px 25px; text-align:justify; color:#a1a1a1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesBody b]color: #DF6885;font:12px Montserrat;font-weight:700;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesNotes] display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; margin-top:20px; width:283px; justify-content:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesHashtags] width:131px; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesHash] display:inline-block; background-color:#D67EA4; color:#fff; font:bold 9px roboto; line-height:15px; height:15px; text-transform:uppercase; padding:1px 5px; margin:0px 2px 2px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesHash a]font:bold 9px roboto!important;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCodesRules] width:131px; font:bold 9px/130% roboto; letter-spacing:.5px; padding:0px 0px 0px 10px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:left; color:#aaa; [/newclass][break]

[nospaces]

notes go here! they look best at two lines but you can go wild if you want since they start to scroll~

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]
Konsho had expected Taki's definition of 'kid' to mean 'slightly younger than her'. What he had not expected, was a small child with even less scruples than he had... okay maybe not that much less- but still it was weird. This was the guy who held a secret technique that required high level training? A kid who hadn't hit puberty, speant the first few moments of the conversation before eating, and almost smeared grease on another person's hand...
[break][break]
Admittedly it was kind of relaxing. Non of the pomp and circumstance so many asked of him. Then again it was the Okada compound. So long as he wasn't hiding in someone's shadow he was welcome. Konsho would shake the young kid's hand, a strong grip before the blue haired man would loose his tension. "Seems you know my name, still it is a pleasure to meet you, Okada Goro." Konsho's tone would still remain polite. "Taki said you have something you could teach me to use. Something that relies on Taijutsu prowess to utilize." In a less stiff tone, Konsho would add a bit of his own humor to the conversation. "I'm doubtful it will get me past her, but I am always looking for ways to improve."

[newclass=.pwfcontain]width:349px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#fafafa;border-bottom:10px solid #000080;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfheader]width:349px;height:100px;background-color:#000080;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0%, 100% 75%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0%, 100% 75%, 0% 100%);transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfhdtag]font-family:calibri;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;padding:5px;color:#fff;transform:rotate(-4deg);width:150px;text-align:right;height:10px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;left:209px;top:15px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfhdnotes]color:#fff;font-family:calibri;font-size:11px;float:left;padding:0px 5px;text-align:right;width:150px;line-height:13px;height:26px;overflow:AUTO;transform:rotate(-4deg);position:relative;top:18px;left:350px;text-transform:uppercase;transition:.5s ease;transition-delay:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfcontain:hover .pwfhdnotes]top:28px;left:185px;transition:.5s ease;transition-delay:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfcontain:hover .pwfhdtag]position:relative;left:89px;top:25px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfbody]font-family:CALIBRI;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;line-height:150%;color:#7b7b7b;padding:10px 20px 20px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwficon]width:120px;height:120px;background-color:#fafafa;border-radius:100%;transform: rotate(-5deg);float:left;position:relative;margin-top:-63px;margin-left:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwficonbg]border-radius:100%;width:100px;height:100px;position:relative;top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pwfCredit]font:bold 7px roboto!important;margin-left:275px;[/newclass]
last edit by Konshō Chizawa on Mar 27, 2023 1:59:25 GMT -5
Define the word home [Mint, training]May 24, 2023 19:43:53 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
[newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goropost"]The older boy’s grip was strong, which was encouraging. It meant he had spunk, in Goro’s eyes. The young Okadan boy listened closely to Konshoo. Thankfully, Taki had already somewhat given him a rundown of the situation. He was excited and perplexed with the idea just as much as he was hesitant. He didn’t know this guy and he was even from another village. Something about it seemed wrong.

Goro was still learning the Eight Gates himself. He didn’t really see himself as being someone who could properly teach someone else. A part of him wondered if the Old Man would have helped, but he seriously doubted it. The only reason he’d agreed to help Goro was because the kid wouldn’t shut up about it. The begging wasn’t Goro’s finest of moments, but it had gotten him where he was today.

"Ya, it’s called the Eight Gates. Not sure what all ya know about it, but it’s a pretty rough training regime.” Goro looked the boy up and down skeptically. "Ya sure you got the guts and muscle to train for somethin’ like this?” He said that with furrowed brows, genuinely colored with worry. The training quite literally tore the muscles apart. He’d been lucky to have parents who trained people rougher than most and in that sense he was more prepared for it. Was this Taki boy, though?

"I don’t know much about ya either. Taki trusts ya though, and if she trusts you then I guess I do too,” he shrugged slightly. "But don’t get da wrong idea. If you look lyou’re strugglin’ to keep up, I ain’t gonna waste my time. You either gotta step up or step out. I don't go easy either.” And he meant it.

Define the word home [Mint, training]Jun 27, 2023 11:00:20 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

@tagged

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]
A training regime? So it wasn't a technique? Strange, Taki made it seem like it was some grandiose ability that could alter the flow of battle. Perhaps her inner show-woman was exaggerating. Still, he wasn't in a position to turn it down. Besides, the turn of events somehow made it more interesting to Konsho. Perhaps a workout was better than a single technique. A constant growth and steady progression instead of a technique he could use every couple battles. Plus it was his experience that various 'training regimes' just insisted certain parts of the body were more important than others. But Taki spoke of this as if it was a boost to every aspect of combat. So what separated this from other ones?
[break][break]
As he was judged, Konsho would indulge in a knowing grin. His clothing choice never did justice to his actual build. "I was hunting in the wild when I was seven. When I joined the academy, I was the top of taijutsu training. Taki was the only one who could match me." Konsho would lock eyes with Goro, making sure to be respectful while enjoying the lax nature the Okadan's allowed. "I won't make assumptions about this training regime, but with Taki moving on to be the sage, I need a way to keep up. I couldn't call myself her rival if I didn't."
[break][break]
With the promise that he'd be left behind if he couldn't keep up, Konsho gave a stern nod. "Then put me through the ringer. We'll find out now how strong I am."

Define the word home [Mint, training]Aug 16, 2023 19:26:38 GMT -5
meepington
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
meepington Avatar
groupModerator
age birthday rank occupation
Goro would over hear the words the boy spoke and would crack his knuckles at the request that he was given, "You were able to rival Taki...Damn!" the boy would say as he sported a smirk on his face not many people were as tough as she was and if someone was said to be on her level that was something he needed to see for himself.

"My cousin is da cream o da crop so you'd betta be ready ta bring it dats what ya goin afta." the young Jinchuuriki knew just how powerful his cousin was and if someone wanted to match her they'd better be ready to impress. He wasn't going to go easy and if this training session didn't live up to his standards he wasn't going to bother wasting his time.

"So you ready to do this or not?" he'd say looking towards the boy keeping his hands on his hips but if he gave the signal he would charge forward unleashing the power of the first gate, rushing him with the brunt of his power a smirk on his face, aiming to land a stiff dropkick to his chest as he charged towards him with as much force as he was able to muster into his legs.

[NAME] Okada-ryū: Ryūsei Keri [Okada Style: Shooting Star Dropkick]
[RANK] D
[CHAKRA USAGE] Low
[CLASSIFICATION] Taijutsu
[ELEMENT] N/A
[PRE-REQUISITE]
[DESCRIPTION]

With this technique the user using their strength will leap into the air and raise up both feet and push forward into the opponents chest. This strike in particular has the potential to knock the wind out of the opponent as well as leave them short of breath for a few moments and could even knock them down. After performing the maneuver, if the strike successfully lands, the user kicks off of the chest of the opponent and is able to land on their feet.

has written 88 posts
Define the word home [Mint, training]Aug 19, 2023 19:34:39 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

@tagged

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]
Konsho was thoroughly confused once the fight began, dropping into a low stance as the boy flung his whole body at him. Wasn't this supposed to be a training regime? This certainly didn't fit into a sudden spar. Despite his confusion, Konsho was none the less ready for the young Okadan's attack. It was strong and straightforward- but as a price it was predictable. Stepping forward, Konsho would move just barely behind the Okadan's brazen attack, in a position that would have moved the chest aimed blow to his head. The move looked moronic, but Konsho's sudden duck would reveal his true plan; using the fact that Goro couldn't just stop mid fall against him. Reaching his hands up, Konsho would spin his body, swinging his left leg around to strike Goro in his ribs. Shippuu Furosuto Hurricane Thrust
[break][break]
As Goro landed- blow or not, Konsho would give chase, hoping to avoid giving the boy a chance to recover. Once he got close, Konsho's hands would move to the younger boy's shoulders, pulling him into a modified Kisho Ea- hoping to make up for the difference in height. Even as he planned his next move, the back of Konsho's mind felt something was wrong with this fight. Even for a simplistic move, the other boy's body was reacting strangely. His body was tense and incredibly reactive- but not in any way that hinted at health and efficiency. Instead it was like his body was moving and stopping abruptly, controlled but out of necessity- not experience. Each movement had a serpent's coil behind it, not in any literal sense, but it was as if the muscles explosive movements needed to be held in check as the boy preformed what should have been a move that had gravity preform a majority of the work. What was this?

last edit by Konshō Chizawa on Aug 23, 2023 21:07:36 GMT -5
Define the word home [Mint, training]Sept 13, 2023 19:40:09 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
[attr="class","goropost"]Goro wondered why the other male would play so defensively. If he was even worthy of using the Eight Gates, he had to be braver than that. This Okadan would show him that much, at least. "Don’t take hits like some little wuss. SHOW ME WHAT YA GOT!” The young boy felt his attack miss, offset by the Takigakure ninja’s dodge. Konsho was fast in terms of his response speed, much faster than Goro had initially expected. The boy felt his drop kick travel well past its destination. The Okadan boy grit his teeth and huffed audibly from mid-air.

Without having practiced this technique several times before, Konsho would have easily been able to hit Goro with his Hurricane Thrust, but the boy used his small stature and lithe body to twist his body in such a way that he dodged the attack. It did leave him tumbling, however, causing a small scrape upon his cheek.

Goro wasn’t given time to recover. As he lifted his head, he saw Konsho before him yet again, the other boy’s hands reaching forward to grab his shoulders. The Okada would glare, his bright eyes haunt Konsho’s with a seriousness unbefitting for a child his age.

"What do you think you actually do to me...” Goro taunted as he released the first of his inner gates, bringing his hands to grip Konsho’s and stop him from grabbing his shoulders. If he did manage to catch Konsho’s hands, it would be obvious how big the difference in their strength now was. "This…is the power of the Eight Gates. Show me how bad you want it.”

last edit by Okada Goro on Sept 13, 2023 19:40:26 GMT -5
Define the word home [Mint, training]Sept 14, 2023 0:25:13 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

@tagged

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]
Konsho was surprised by the sudden surge of satisfaction when he was able to attack after the young Okadan taunted him, knowing that he had fooled the younger shinobi into believing he had truly planned to take his attack head on instead of fight. It was a strange subtle indulgence the crimson eyed boy would allow himself to partake in. The blow had failed to find purchase unfortunately, but the dodge had cost Goro a notable scrape. Yet the site of such an injury confirmed it was best to keep up the momentum and keep the Goro off guard.
[break][break]
Against anyone else, his constant insults would likely have gotten under his heals. It was unfortunate that Konsho had spent so much time around Taki both in and out of combat, which had rendered taunts and jabs effectively useless against him. One of the benefits with being best friends with a notorious heel wrestler. Yet as soon as the blue haired boy got close to reaching the blond, his arms would seem to tense for only the briefest of instants before launching towards Konsho's own arm. Were it not for Konsho's reflexes, as well as his ability to decelerate and accelerate on a dime, there was no doubt that the attack would have landed. His crimson eyes would contract as he tried to take in what had just happened, how even his eyes struggled to track the movement from his muscles having primed themselves to move and suddenly being fully extended towards him.
[break][break]
"This…is the power of the Eight Gates. Show me how bad you want it.”
[break][break]
Even without contact, Konsho could tell that there was suddenly a gap between them. That instantaneous increase in speed, the way the younger boy's body was filled with sudden energy and strength was obvious. It had required no hand seals, no notable movements or positioning. It simply wasn't active one moment, then active the next. Even Sage Mode couldn't achieve such results so quickly, which brought forward a much darker question; what was the drawback to these Eight Gates?

Define the word home [Mint, training]Sept 14, 2023 18:57:49 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
[attr="class","goropost"]Goro let out a cheeky smile as Konshoo managed to handle himself well against the boy’s first gate. That was a good sign. Immediately, the boy felt a drop in his energy. It wasn’t nearly as bad as if he had stayed in the gates for an extended amount of time, or even moved around a lot with it active, but there was still something to be said for how it sapped energy so easily.

"Dat right there is what I’m gonna be teachin’ ya,” Goro paused, his head cocking to the side. "If ya think yer even ready fer it. Da Eight Gates ain’t no joke, okay? Ya gotta treat it, and yer body, with respec’.” He huffed, bringing his arm up and flexing it a bit with a pat on his bicep.

"From what I been told an what I can see, you already got da body for it bein’ a taijutsu guy n’ all. So…let’s start wit da basics.” His eyes wandered a bit as he thought. He’d never really trained anyone before, but if the Old Man could train a smooth brain like Goro, then surely he could train someone as intelligent and naturally talented as Konshoo.

"Aight, so first ting’s first. You gotta know what da Eight Gates actually are.” The basics seemed to be the best place to start. "Now, obviously there are eight of ‘em. Ya see, normally, everybody only uses ‘bout 20% of their natural strength. Openin the gates allows for you to use dat other 80%. Get what I mean? Tink of your chakra pathways as havin’ gates…ya gotta focus on dem…and open them, lettin’ the chakra pass through naturally.”

He paused, waiting to see if Konshoo had any questions. "Why don’t cha try? I know I can beat ya if ya can’t even open a gate. Ain’t gonna waste my time fighting you without it. I don’t need no handicap.”

Define the word home [Mint, training]Oct 5, 2023 23:52:29 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

@tagged

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]

Konsho was still wracking his brain as Goro began to explain why he had chosen to demonstrate the power of the technique to him. Such a technique, lost and with few who knew it, surely it had some requirement or detriment that kept everyone from learning it- right? Such power from Goro with near instantaneous application and a training method to utilize it. Was it somehow deadly to even attempt it, or was there a hidden requirement that you didn't know of until you tried- much like balancing out natural chakra? Such a prerequisite would explain the fact that even Konsho, a scholar of the ninja way in everything but title, had never even heard of the technique until Taki informed him of it.
[break][break]
Yet even that was lacking in explanation, as Sages would seek out those who could possibly possess this talent and attempt to train them. The fact that no system existed to weed out those who could use the technique told Konsho there was some unknown factor at play, a drawback or limit that kept this obviously powerful technique from becoming common use. Thankfully his mind was able to rest as Goro continued onward, confirming Konsho's own suspicions.
[break][break]
"Da Eight Gates ain’t no joke, okay? Ya gotta treat it, and yer body, with respec’.”
[break][break]
Such forewarning statements were not given without cause; there was some cost to this training regime that prevented it's wide spread utilization. As the blue haired shinobi's mind cleared, Goro would begin his explanation of the Eight Inner Gates, stating them to be some form of natural limiter on the body. A small chuckle would leave the young boy's lips, fully aware that if he had not just witnessed the technique and Taki had been unable or unwilling to vouch for it, he likely would have considered such an explanation ridiculous and foolish. The technique seemed simple enough, although the red eyed man was still convinced of a reasoning behind the body limiting itself, and thus a risk to opening these gates. Still, the idea of removing his limiters was a mystery he couldn't allow to pass without absorbing as much as he could. There was just one issue...
[break][break]
"So where should I focus my chakra? I imagine it's not as simple as just moving my chakra around until I hit something."

Define the word home [Mint, training]Oct 11, 2023 18:51:07 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
[attr="class","goropost"]The small chuckle that the Takigakure boy let loose made Goro frown a bit. He couldn’t seem to wrap his head around what the other boy found so amusing about his explanation of the Eight Gates. "You’re laughin now, but just wait till you muscles are torn apart after usin’ it for the first time.” The Okada boy’s foot pat on the ground as he crossed his arms a bit. "Ya see, just ‘cause you can release the extra power that the Gates give you, doesn’t mean your body can keep up with it. It gets easier the more ya use it, but at first, you’re gonna tear your muscles up…dere’s no way around it.” He paused, letting the information soak in.

Goro recalled his training with the Old Man and the pain that was involved with the training. Konshoo would need to be strong in order to endure that level of pain. He trusted that Taki put her faith in the right person for him to pass this technique to, however, even if he didn’t know the boy at all.

"The First Gate is the Gate of Opening. It’s located in da head, just behind the left eye. Focus your chakra here and try to find the pathway. You’ll know when you hit it. Once ya find it, try to focus on opening it more.” He paused to think of how exactly to explain it. "It’ll kinda feel like eatin’ somethin cold after brushin yer teeth…but on yer brain…” Clearly, that was a ten year old’s best logic.

Define the word home [Mint, training]Oct 12, 2023 0:42:22 GMT -5
Konshō Chizawa
Konshō Chizawa Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

@tagged

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]
At first the young genin was unsure if the blonde shinobi was simply hyping up the technique or genuinely serious of the drawbacks to utilize the Eight Inner Gates. As Goro's visage and posture intensified, Konsho could feel the immense magnitude of the technique he was being allowed to learn. That final idea, the cost of even utilizing this technique once immediately allowed Konsho to put together exactly why the body placed such limitations upon itself. This also achieved the goal of answering why this technique not only saw little use widespread, but why it was a secret ability to be taught. If just the First Gate tore the muscles upon mere activation, what did the other gates destroy? Was it possible if Konsho became to reliant upon the Inner Gates that he would slowly and irrevocably cripple himself?
[break][break]
Listening to the more... well it wasn't studied... experienced? Expert, Konsho would listen to the expert and begin slowly guiding his chakra to the area around his left eye. The process was a slow one given that chakra control was never his strong suit, being the very reason he was unable to become a sage, totaling eight separate attempts to unlock the First Inner Gate. With each deep breath it was clear he was getting closer and closer, feeling something, then as chakra began to build in an area, Konsho felt a pressure build until a painful crack filled his body. Grunting slightly, the crimson eyed shinobi would refocus himself as he yet again began to build chakra behind his left eye. Moving his neck in a way to 'block' the figurative flow of chakra, Konsho would allow the energy to swell until it finally forced the ethereal modifier to break open!
[break][break]
Energy and tension filled the blue haired shinobi's body as the limiter was removed, Konsho taking in the feeling of the new form. A deep breath was all it took for the shinobi to know that he had changed himself in some way, feeling the pressure build as his lungs expanded, before releasing a breath that was certainly strong by normal human standards. Nothing to cause damage, yet a subtle sing of change in how his body worked. Turning slightly, Konsho was surprised to find himself shouting as he spoke, only having barely put in the effort to say the words he had planned to say. "What's next!?"