Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 1, 2023 4:56:02 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 29th rank Genin occupation
'What is', not 'what should be'

It's quiet.

A rare instance in the life of Atagi Uzumaki who, thus far, always had been moving, yammering, or engaging in some combination of the two. Now, it was as if he had been laid dormant. Maybe clipped of his wings? Situated in a hospital bed, in nothing but skivvies-- not that anyone could easily tell, his unclothed upper body cocooned in bandage, for the most part. He could feel them stretch and move with every breath. There's a bit of light peeking into the room through (mostly) drawn blinds, the hour uncertain to him. It was easy to lose track of time, when he was spending most of it in and out of dreamland.

Stable. They had said that he was in stable condition, so Atagi was left alone, much of the time, save for a handful of daily visits to verify that he remained that way.

Not that I feel terribly stable. Gods, how'd things go this sour so quick?

Flashes of images from the handful of blood-soaked minutes that was his chunin exam battle flit through his mind. Sometimes, when he closes his eyes, he just sees earthen teeth, and he could swear to any number of gods that that awful pain in his arms still resurfaced, sometimes.

But of course, that was impossible. He didn't have his arms, anymore. Not attached, anyway. And to add insult to injury, the sheer brutality with which Hotarubi had taken them meant that there wasn't anything to salvage-- there was nobody with the convenient medical abilities to regenerate splintered and dusted bone, muscles twisted and torn to shreds, nor loose ligaments. And that wasn't to even begin talk of reconnecting every nerve, artery and vein from where they had been violently severed at the shoulder. So, despite the fact that he had been told 'an angler girl' was kind enough to save them, the Uzumaki didn't much like the idea of walking around with limp, useless limbs, especially because he had put so much effort into his own body. Not that their lack of existence at all was much better.

Nonetheless, he was alive. That was something to be exceedingly grateful for, and he knew that in his heart of hearts. And beyond just knowing it, the hospital staff and med-nin had told him over and over that he was lucky to be alive. That traumatic double amputations and impalement were hard to survive on their own, let alone in combination. He'd smile bright at them, tell them that, of course, he's the toughest guy in the whole damn city, of course it'll take more than that to keep him down. But of course, in his heart of hearts, he knew it, too. That even for 'the hero', even for an Uzumaki-- it was a fantastic stroke of fortune to even be breathing.

If prompted, the incarnadine-locked grass genin might've complained about being bored out of his skull, but the truth of the matter was that he was tired, even in bouts of being awake. Full of vigor and energy as his body usually was, it was demanding a breather, and there was no arguing with it.

There were further complications that swirled in his mind, though, even aside from trying to live a life with only his legs usable. How would he train, or work? Hell, how would he even eat? Would he need a full-time attendant, even once he was released and ready to go home? Most important of all, what of his shinobi career?

Lord Kanoh'll be upset, I'm sure. What do I even say? I'm sorry, probably. I don't even want to think about what Koji-kun'll think of me, being in this pathetic state. I should've asked them to keep me in the intensive care wing, so nobody can look at me like this until we go back to Kusagakure...

It's an oddly cowardly thought, especially coming from him.

aeron at thq
last edit by Uzumaki Atagi on Mar 1, 2023 4:56:30 GMT -5
Knocker has written 329 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 1, 2023 7:02:22 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Fruit & Novels

The sound of the door sliding open finally broke the heavy stewing silence that surrounded the armless genin. A familiar crimson red figure filling the space of the doorway as Azarea peered back at her friend with scarlet eyes filled with neither pity nor distress, but a sort of gentle empathy that comes from someone all too familiar with hospital stays. In one hand she grasps a bag of clementine's and a familiar looking book. Twelve Hands, the latest release of the novel.

"Hey Atagi-kun. I brought you some get well presents." She greets him in a soft murmur voice carrying in the quiet as the Kumo nin moves to pull up a chair by his bedside. "I know they're not flowers, but I thought you'd like these better." Azarea elaborates shaking the bag of fruit lightly.

"And I thought it might be nice to read the latest release together." She adds as she scooches the chair forward and gently sets fruit and book on the boys lap. The novel even still had the plastic on it so he could enjoy the new book smell. "If that's ok with you that is?" Azarea questions not wanting to push the Kusa nin.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 1, 2023 10:41:40 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"thread title".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

VISIT

Anger. Intense anger.

When Shigure learned about what happened to Atagi during the preliminary round of the Chuunin Exam, he was furious. The level of cruelty displayed, and the fact that proctors didn't do anything to prevent that... It was not unlike what happened to his teammate during the exams in the Land of Water. It felt like this side of the alliance was filled with sadistic, murdering maniacs, and he was beginning to despise them for it. "I guess... No matter how much we fight it... We all get dragged into this cycle of hatred..." he thought to himself, as he made his way to the hospital where the Uzumaki was.

Before, he was one to forgive, to give the other cheek, to not hold on to grudges or desire revenge. But his kindness was repayed with pain, loss, and sorrow, and he was growing really tired of it. In his head, he could only think of his old teammate, Wahei. He was somewhere with the ANBU, honing his skills... Maybe, with his Byakugan and his advanced medical knowledge, he could give Atagi his life back. After their last mission together, Wahei had parted ways with him, only showing up again to save his life, but this was a very sensitive matter, one that was far beyond their interpersonal relationship. "I will find him... And I know you will be able to help him out. I just know it." he thought to himself as he finally reached the door to Atagi's room. He knew he had to contain his anger, and with that in mind, he tried to wear his calmer, most neutral expression before entering the room; the Uzumaki didn't need any more negative feelings around him, he thought.

As he opened it, he saw a very familiar red mane; Azarea was already there. Her presence there helped a more genuine smile to form in his face, and he greeted the maimed boy. "Atagi-kun, you are awake. I came as soon as I found out. And I brought you some food." he said, as he placed a container filled with a variety of onigiris beside his bed, before glancing towards Azarea. "Hey." a discrete and simple greet, but his eyes showed how much he liked seeing her well, after everything that had been happening, between the exams and her altercation with her half-sister.

Shigure was getting tired of the Kuwana's hospital. It was frustrating so many people were being sent there.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Kuwana's hospital
Atagi's room
[ ]
[413 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 1, 2023 11:24:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

This is an entry and exit post, as I shan't bother the flow of the thread.

There would be some crash and the floor would rumble with noise.

"--THE FUCK IS HE?" was the noise some had heard.

There would be the noise outside the hospital. The embarrassment, he couldn't handle it. That he didn't murder Atagi, that he was still alive? Gods, it was the end of him. Hotarubi, that was: it was his own great shame that the subjugation had ended there. This would undermine his fear. The effort he had put out - no... how would this be resolved?

If anyone decided to go to out to the corridor, they would have seen Hotarubi arguing with the medical staff - but ultimately didn't go any further as he was marched out of the hospital by Iwagakure Shinobi, having quickly assembled to avoid any interaction between the two, and it had been clear enough he wasn't there for a good purpose.

Other people from their hospital rooms were peering out looking at the interaction had unfolded. "I just wanna speak to em! I ain't gonna throw hands with anybody!" He was trying to plead? Negotiate? With them. But, they weren't hearing it, and the moment he had the threat of being withdrawn from the exams, Hotarubi was almost immediately pacified as he crossed his arms.

No. He'd never make the mistake again.

has written 0 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 2, 2023 6:47:09 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
I have an entire world filled with reasons to become stronger!
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday March 17th rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor
… Oh, c’mon world… give them some rest.

Kojirou was curious, since he had spent quite some time in this infirmary, isolated from the rest of the participants. Goro had went back out to continue, and given the time spent, Kojirou assumed that Atagi must’ve concluded his battle as well… so he asked out. What occurred to Atagi? Did he win his battle? Given what Kojirou knew about the energetic shinobi, if he didn’t at least win, then he sure would’ve tired out his opponent plenty. Maybe this was to be expected – one rarely succeeded first time, but it was an awesome experience. To visit a new country, meet other Genin, compete and test each other’s strengths-

… His arms?

Against the suggestions of the Medical Ninjas present, Kojirou rolled down from his bed and ran out of his room in pursuit of where Atagi was located. His bandages were still covering his head, neck, shoulders and arms, but he did not feel any physical pain with his sprint. He did spot a strange scene – at the corridor, one of the participants were being pushed out by Iwa-Nin with some sort of fit.

No matter.

The swordsman almost slammed the door open, his eyes widened at what he discovered inside. Both Aza and Shigure-senpai were here… and Atagi was awake. He was awake. He was alive. Thank god, he was alive…

He couldn’t take it anymore. Kojirou immediately found himself hunching over Atagi’s legs, clinging onto his best friend with his face down as if his life depended on it. It was as if his own injuries had made a full recovery despite the look on him, but Kojirou was even luckier than Atagi this time… and it hurt.

"I-I’m… I’m here… I’m here now, Atagi… I’m here now, hero…”
Koji has written 365 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 2, 2023 8:08:05 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

The sudden sound of the door opening up coerces Atagi to expunge those coalescing thoughts, worries, and anxieties all at once, the same way the action ever so slightly ventilated the room itself. Turning his head and twisting at his body to peek at who it was, the Uzumaki blinks twice. One of his small bandaged nubs shifts-- perhaps he had tried to wave? Or do some sort of other gesture.

”Ah! Aza-.” He stops once he realizes that his voice's gravelly, at first, tongue dry and throat mucus-y. Right, he hadn't been talking at all, recently. Especially compared to his usual. Clearing at his throat a few times, he tries again. ”Azarea-chan!” Now that sounded more like him. Flashing her that trademarked toothy smile, he curiously lets his eyes drift over the things she's brought, as the kumo-nin speaks. He hadn't heard her speak with such a delicate quality...well, pretty much ever, but he hadn't known her terribly long, either. Atagi wriggles to prop himself up against the back of the bed to be sitting up, but it's obviously a struggle. Doing just about anything was more difficult than he anticipated.

”Flowers're nice, sure, but you're right-- I'm hungrier than it feels like I should be, when I've only been laying around.” There's a lot of things he considers saying, but none of them seem to fit the scenario like he imagines they should. Should he be eager to talk about what's transpired? Part of him wants to say something about how he was impressed by her bout, or to apologize for such a poor showing on his part after talking so big.

But it doesn't seem like the right time.

Such uncharacteristically indecisive thoughts are wiped away, when it registers that she's brought the latest Twelve Hands release. There's a brightening at his features, looking from it, to her, then back to it-- then settling on her once again. A gasp. ”You didn't-! That'd be amazing, truly!” There's a sparkle in those amber irises of his, practically overflowing with joy. There's another little shift of one of those nubs, this time forward towards the sealed book instead of upward, and the sparkle dampens, ever so slightly, a tinge of embarrassment at his cheeks when it's obvious that he keeps trying to do things with hands that didn't exist. It was hard to rewire those unconscious processes, after all.

”I feel like you're being too nice to me, almost, yeah? Your partner might get peeved at me again--.” There's a playful intonation in his voice, when there's a sound at the door again. This time, since he's propped up, there's no need to be turning and twisting to see who it was.

”Whoa, speak of the devil! If it isn't Cyclone-san, bahaha. It's a pleasure to meet you for the...third time.” It seems like an intentional mangling of the title that Shigure had referred to himself by, but at least Atagi was in good enough spirits...or at least, it appeared to be that way. In truth, it might've come off as a bit forced...but even if that was the case, in Atagi's mind, that was better than the awkwardness that was a pity-filled exchange. This time, since he's conscious of it, he prevents himself from trying to wave or gesture. Again, he thinks of what he might say to Shigure, here and now. Part of him wants to apologize for having him go through all the effort of helping him train only for...this, to happen. Or maybe to thank him, to suggest that perhaps that bit of training they had done helped him not be killed from, say, having his head knocked off.

”Ah, and you've brought me food, too! I feel like a deity being given offerings, or sommat. Though, I'm obviously mortal.” A pause, a sidelong glance away from them, then a return to that jovial expression. ”Thanks, though, both of you. Really, um, just seeing someone is already making me feel even--.” It seemed he really couldn't continue a series of thoughts, though. As was expected for a hospital of all places, and during the exams of all times, it should've been no surprise that interruptions were abound, with so many people about. First, there's the ruckus outside, but more pressingly than that, yet another person was flinging the sliding hospital door open, and before he's so much as said a word Kojirou is there, clinging to him in what seemed like an nigh-desperate fashion.

”Whoa, whoa! Relax, swordslinger, don't jostle me so much, bahaha.” The way his eyes wander and how his smile wavers, it might be obvious to the other two more socially aware folk that there was some sort of emotional discomfort, behind Atagi's expression. Still, he inhales deep to steady himself, before speaking again. ”I'm alright, yeah? Totally, completely alright. Of course the hero's not gonna get killed off in chapter two, what sort of shitty writer would let that happen! I should be more worried about you, don't you think? Considering the tiny one took you out in less than seven seconds.” That's all he can muster. In truth, he wants to apologize to Kojirou a million times for making him worry, for letting the village down, for failing spectacularly at the razor-trapped hurdle that was Hotarubi.

( | | )
aeron at thq

last edit by Uzumaki Atagi on Mar 3, 2023 6:15:55 GMT -5
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 2, 2023 13:31:47 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Comforting Chaos

Sometimes when you are hurt all you want more then anything is to feel normal. Useful. The need to be productive and prove your worth a deep seated instinct of all human beings as Azarea offers Atagi a lopsided grin and then shrugs. "Well I didn't bring it for free. You know I'm really shit at doing voices," This is an abject lie, but Atagi doesn't know Azarea is a pretty decent mimic, "So why don't you read aloud for the two of us and I mind the pages." She offers chuckling at his comment in regards to Shigure though her expression softens minutely when the Hyuuga in question steps into the room. His face genial, but his chakra roiling with anger and upset at the kusa nin's injury.

The upset out in the hallway likewise hadn't by-passed Azarea's attention. The familiar angry, embarrassed, confused amber vibrating in distress like soil displaced during an earthquake all the tell tale warning she needs of Hotarubi's presence as sighing the young woman rises from her seat. Giving Atagi and Shigure a 'one moment' gesture as she moves to open the hospital window, leans out, and right as the Taki-nin is escorted out of the building gives a quick sharp, "Oi! Kid! Fuck off!" yell down at him flipping him the bird before slamming the window back shut with a satisfied sigh.

"All right now where were we~" She begins right as she's nearly bowled over by Koji who dashes across the room to throw himself crying across Atagi's legs. Leaving the Kumo nin blinking somewhat in whiplash. At least the somber sad air from before was mostly broken and not to return anytime soon in this chaos.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: | @perpetual
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 2, 2023 15:07:05 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"visiting hours".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

SUSPECT

Despite the terrible tragedy that befell the Uzumaki, he was trying his best to keep his spirits up, and Shigure's respect for the young Genin grew due to that. He thanked him for the home made food, and that seeing people was making him feel better. Shigure nodded to him, he wanted to reassure Atagi that everything was going to be fine. "Once you are stable, you should discuss a trip to the Hidden Leaf, so our doctors can check you on. Our medicine is quite advanced, and I'm sure we will be able to figure something out." he said, not getting into a lot of details, for he didn't have confirmation this was something his old teammate could truly help with, but he hoped his research was going places; he did give up on everything else in his life for that, it seemed.

Suddenly, however, a commotion could be heard from the outside. Out of instinct, Shigure activated his Byakugan, seeing through the walls. A Genin from the Waterfall Village was causing some trouble. From the rumors, that was likely the culprit behind Atagi's injuries, so Shigure made sure to take a good look on his face and memorize it. He would not so easily forgive him for that.

Fortunately, the local authorities seemed to take care of that troublesome boy, and the last person to make their way into the room was a dishearten Kojirou, who was reasonably upset seeing his friend at such a terrible state. Despite that, Atagi tried to cheer him up. That was a lot of mental fortitude, Shigure thought. "I will be waiting for you to send word, Atagi-kun. And I hope you have a speedy recovery." he added as he slowly walked towards the door. Shigure didn't want to linger, especially not after seeing who he suspected was responsible for Atagi's injuries; he wanted to keep his eyes on that Waterfall boy, learn what he could truly do.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Kuwana's hospital
Atagi's room
[ @azarea @perpetual]
[326 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 2, 2023 20:29:36 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Isn't Autumn the prettiest season?
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]
Autumn
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]I will lead us to it. Definitely.

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ichi had only half-failed his job as a guardian so far. It was not like he could have done more for the Uzumaki, but that was fine irregardless. The joly giant swayed the halls, arms crossed with his pipe away. It was impolite to smoke in a hospital after all. He had been busy talking to the Lady and handling the paperwork to arrive earlier as it was, and it had caused him to want to smoke, but he kept his posture regardless. Bureaucracy was a whole load of complications for the matter, but it was all fine in the end, Atagi was alive and would return home as soon as Kusa's medical team arrived to take him home with real time care.
[break][break]

Walking in, ducking under the door frame as he tried not to hit it was a face Shigure would recognize. Ichi himself would extend back to an even higher point then he had back in Kirigakure, a soft smile on his face. Bowing to the Konoha nin and Azarea in a polite fashion as he spoke, "He will be quite alright without that Shigure-San. As you well know, Kusagakure is famous for its medical prowess over everything else. If only in that niche, I truly believe Kusa is second to no village. Regardless, we have sent word for a team to take over his care and bring Atagi-Kun home. Speaking of," Ichi would state his point in a calm, collected voice that betrayed no hint of emotion. His read even to Kagura's Mind Eye was relaxed like an ocean's ebb and sway on a clear, sunny day. Turning to Atagi he would bow lower then he had to his guests, which left the boy oddly leaned as his massive frame moved.
[break][break]

"I am simply glad you can see autumn another day my friend. Thank you for surviving, I am sure it hurts. I would have come sooner, but it turns out being sent to watch over and act as a psuedo-guardian to genin comes with quite a lot of paperwork when they get injured. Haha, its handled though," Ichi would say looking over the people in the room one more time.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]000 WORDS / @tags!!

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/4d/20/324d205170561eb455fbc92fd8deab9e.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#e68d49;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#ede8de;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

Ichi's SA's and Techniques in Use:[break][break]

『Harvest Moon's Child』
Ichi was born to the Nakahara clan on the night of a Harvest Moon. Born with quite the green thumb he was assumed to be an inheritor of the clan's natural talents with plants. The roots ran deeper, however, as Ichi was born with a Kekkai Genkai, being a rare natural occurance of Wood Release outside of the Senju. In learning of this he has trained his kekkai to the best of his abilities. He is no master, seeing as he has no reference of Mokuton, but he has found a way to bring out techniques along side his own talents in a cohesive manner.

[Cosmetic Only: All Mokuton techniques Ichi uses appear as his favorite trees, though it has no real change as is.]

[break][break]
『Weaver of Wood』
Ichi was born with Mokuton, but he was not graced with the same level of chakra as the Senju would be in his situation. Being roughly average for an individual, Ichi instead focused on the skills his birth clan preferred. Practicing his medical skills, he has gained a higher quality of Chakra Control. Ichi is much less likely to leak chakra than the average shinobi because of this.

[break][break]
『The Festival's Atmosphere』
Having practiced his skills with extending his senses outwards with the use of mokuton chakra, Ichi is particularly adept at sensing life in an area. Capable of finding life through the very nature around people. Within [20 meters] Ichi is capable of passively sensing out plant and animal life in a general sense. Able to differentiate it between plant and animal, but no further. Unlike chakra sensory Ichi can not more or less readily sense others based on their chakra, but instead purely senses the 'vitality' in things, though even those with seemingly boundless vitality will read the same as the elderly or a newborn to him. Also unlike usually sensory to actively search out individuals Ichi requires Mokuton, or the use of his pipe (though using it makes his position much easier to locate), as a catalyst to extend his senses, only going out as far as the technique's range, or twice his passive range in case of the pipe. It is also notable that the deceased, and those that feign death in some fashion, as through a poison or a jutsu, are completely invisible to Ichi. Notably the furthest he can extend his senses is [100 meters].
Toffee has written 247 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 3, 2023 7:44:58 GMT -5
takeda sadako
I'LL STOP WHEN THEY FIND A WAY TO MAKE ME
takeda sadako Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday february 18 rank genin occupation genin

KILLING YOUR IDOLS IS A CHORE

[Coming in and out; please carry on!]

Sadako had gotten practice in twice over, so getting some chump to run errands for her was easiest of all the third time around. Getting to the hospital was harder, but she managed. She was even polite when she gave a name and asked for a room number, and luckily no one asked questions about the lump tucked into her jacket.

A familiar voice shouted from down the hallway, sending shivers up Sadako’s spine, and she slid into a nearby supplies closet, out of sight, locking the door and waiting. Waiting. Hoping she hadn’t been seen.

Five minutes passed without incident, so she slipped back out, and went down the hall to where Hotarubi had been trying to break in. She paused outside the door. Took a breath. In and out. It doesn’t have to be a thing.

Her plan was almost foiled when she marched inside to find a gaggle of people, none of whom she actually knew—Leaf, Cloud, and Grass-nin, which made her the odd man out. Sadako froze in her tracks, looking from face to face with wide eyes before she got control of herself, and her expression smoothed over into a surly facade. She stomped over to the nightstand, and pulled the thing out from under her jacket, setting it down with a solid plonk: a bottle of whisky, with a label that would be familiar to Atagi.

She spared the man a single glance, sniffed, and spun on her heel to flee the room before anyone could ask any uncomfortable questions.

LAIKA OF THQ

tactician has written 151 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 5, 2023 3:02:19 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
*sniff*

Someone as deeply emotional as Kojirou had a little bit of a rough time calming down. It was just… he didn’t know where things would go from this point on. That was why he stayed a little shaken up, even when he lifted his head back up in a jolt – apparently, Azarea had been shouting at someone outside. That was a slur, he shouldn’t repeat that ever.

"… Hey, I thought it was five seconds…”

Kojirou’s fight against Goro might’ve taken five, or four, or three seconds. It depended on how long he was in the air, honestly, but look at him now – still able to move around, even with all the bandages on his body, as if nothing really happened. His body must’ve just been made of sturdier stuff, but… if he lost his arms one day, then he wouldn’t be able to swing a sword again. What about Atagi? Atagi loved punching and stuff – you use your arms and hands for that!

But when Ichī entered the room, the swordslinger was finally able to wipe his tears away. Atagi was still alive, so everything was possible. Kojirou had little knowledge about Kusagakure’s medical proficiency, especially due to having skipped classes back in the Academy, but there had to be some Technique out there – in Kusagakure or somewhere else – that could, like, grow Atagi a new pair of arms… or maybe wooden arms. Like puppet arms, but used for an amputee. "S-So we can… still help? Is that true, Ich-"

… Wait, what was that? Wait, who was she, and why’d she just leave a bottle of beverage on the nightst-

"Uhm, excu-" Oh, nope, the kunoichi left the room as quickly as she entered, leaving only the bottle at the nightstand as the only evidence of her presence. "… Wait, is that beer? We’re not in any state to play that game, Atagi! What’s going on?!” Obviously, Kojirou was using personal knowledge to relate to a rather ‘violent’ game he played with Chichi involving alcohol and scratching each other, but that was definitely a normal thing…

Right?
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 5, 2023 9:07:26 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Atagi seems enticed by the prospect of reading (with some assistance, naturally), looking at Azarea like she had just told him he had inherited some fantastical fortune, but it seemed it'd have to wait, considering the sheer deluge of people that were swinging by. Or what felt like a deluge, anyway, well-wishes and niceties and gifts abound. The Uzumaki feels very well-loved, which helps to cut the acidity from negative feelings, thoughts of failure, uselessness, and all of their emotional brethren alike.

When Ichi makes his appearance, the incarnadine-topped man blinks twice, then beams. ”Ah, even Ichi-san is here! I half expected Lord Kanoh to come herself, but-- well, evidently being a bureaucrat is rough, huh?” Tilting his head to one side, like a curious puppy, as the Nakahara went about explaining the next steps. It's a bit odd seeing him without pipe in his mouth or clouds adrift about him, all told. Still, something about it is bothersome, even if not for the best of reasons. ”It hurts, sure, in all sorts of ways-- but I'm not so easy to bring down, y'know? And I know we'll find a path forward, of some kind. ” It's partly true that he believes he's a tough cookie, and he does believe there's likely some solution out there to getting his shinobi life back...but there's some unnecessary boldness there too, eager to make sure that those around him wouldn't be fretting too much...especially Koji. For some, it was probably easy to see through.

The prospect of being forcibly retired because he was crippled for life was scary. Terrifying, really. But he can't let such impractical worries show so easily to those who care about him, it's decided.

”More importantly, ah. I'm happy to be headed home, but you can't be having them take me immediately, yeah?” There's some incredulity there, as if it was something comically absurd as opposed to the very reasonable course of action it was. ”We're already here, we might as well stick around to see how the exams play out! I wanna see the thrilling conclusion...s.” Atagi nods fervently, or as much as he can without toppling himself over inadvertently, anyway.

An apologetic glance is spared towards Azarea. ”...whether or not it's true I'll be here in Kuwana shorter or longer, I s'pose our group reading might have to wait a little, yeah? I'd hate to distract you when you should be thinking about yourself and preparing for said exam finale, anyway!” The remark is given with the full backing of his ever-present smile, fully appreciative towards her. In truth, he would've liked for nothing more than to spend an inordinate amount of time with her (or any of his other newly minted friends) considering his mostly useless state, but the Uzumaki is hardly entirely inconsiderate or without social grace.

”Anyway, um--” Whatever it was that he was about to say is forgotten nigh-immediately, at the marching in of Sadako, who had the eyes of a raccoon caught sneaking open the lid of the trash, at least before she's replaced it with a scowl. When she marches over and sets the liquor down, there's a look of confusion etched at his features, warping to realization, then properly settling at joy again, all in a few seconds. ”Aww, that's--.” And then she's stormed off, without so much as a word gotten in edgewise.

”Wow, she must really like me, yeah?” Was he actually asking any of them, that, or was that a slip of his internal 'logues'? Who could know. ”Firstly, Koji-kun, it's not – but it is alcoholic. Secondly, I know she means well, but I fear one of the nurses will take that away from me if it's left here, so it might be better for one of you to hold onto it, or for us to hide it, aha. The whole situation was a little chaotic, assuredly, but Atagi takes it all in stride, enjoying the pleasant atmosphere produced from the confluence of lots of different personalities and lifestyles mingling...nonetheless, on top of the injuries themselves he's still recovering from losing all that blood, which is taxing.

...The numerous edible gifts would help with that too, surely.

All that to say that it was starting to show, even if a little, that 'acting normal' was a far cry from 'being normal', despite the Uzumaki's best efforts. He was a tried and true optimist, always ready to find the best in people, things, events-- but there were irreconcilable facts, too. One of them being that this wasn't something that he'd recover from (physically or emotionally) so easily. Perhaps the good doctor was onto something when they'd implied that not every injury made you stronger.

'Course, Atagi himself would contest that that particular aphorism was true for as long as he could stand and breathe, in all likelihood.

( | |
aeron at thq
last edit by Uzumaki Atagi on Mar 5, 2023 9:12:06 GMT -5
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 5, 2023 23:37:04 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
Miroru was late arriving. She'd meant to arrive more on time with the others visiting, but she'd lagged behind a bit, and when she'd been arriving... Hotarubi had been in the process of getting escorted out.

And she had very little trust in her ability to keep her cool face to face with a literal monster of a human being.

So instead, she kept out of sight and came in another entrance. Sure, it took time to walk far enough around the hospital to find another entrance, but it kept her out of trouble. So really, it was all for the best.

Once she arrived, she wasn't sure to be relieved or frustrated. She settled on relieved. There were a lot of people present, and Miroru didn't really want to make a fuss about being one of them anyhow. Easier to melt into the background. She was very well aware that she didn't actually know Atagi all that well, and considering the terms of their initial interactions, she likely wasn't one of his favorite people.

Though she was pretty sure she wasn't his least favorite, all things considered.

She slipped in quietly, leaving the talking to people less likely to run face first into a stupid thing to say as she was wont to do. She had a wicker bowl in one hand and a wrapped plastic sack of... odds and ends. Wood chips, flower petals, dried fruit slices from the look of things. She set down the bowl and set the potpourri inside, untying the ribbon and letting the gentle, pleasant scent of the perfumed contents color the air just so.

She'd struggled to think of a gift that wouldn't remind Atagi of his loss. Something that he could enjoy without manipulating or interacting with it at all. Flowers would die, but potpourri would -eventually- just stop being aromatic, and still at least be nice to look at.

Miroru didn't say anything. She couldn't think of anything that didn't feel insensitively snarky or oppressively mournful. She just kept her mouth shut and let cheerier people keep his spirits lifted.

It seemed the best she could do for him.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 6, 2023 0:05:12 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Training

Azarea would ruffle Miroru and then Koji's hair as she passed them to settle once more in the uncomfortable plastic chair next to Atagi's bedside. The woman without asking taking the bottle of alcohol and stashing it under the Kusa nin's pillow for later so the nurses wouldn't spot it with an efficiency of someone who'd practiced such maneuvers often. "You're not getting out of our book club that easy Atagi," Azarea teased cracking open the bento for the man as she plucked up the chopsticks and offered the Kusa nin a bite to eat uncaring if she looked a bit silly in that moment. The clementine's would keep, but Shigure's eggrolls were best warm.

"Sides I'm a paper ninja. All strategy and outsmarting my opponent. A little light reading is practically training for me. You wouldn't deny me the pleasure of your company as a partner in this what with the final round coming up?" She verbally prods at him with a lopsided grin. It was only half a lie really and a few hours a day lost were well worth the Kusa nin's smile in her book. For all Shigure appeared to have given Atagi a scare it was clear the Hyuuga was equally fond of him by the way his chakra had roiled in anger at the boys injury and how he had stalked off with a scary look on his face. At least her secret fiancé appeared to be staying out of trouble. His chakra still burned hot and low with fury, but he seemed to be on one of the training grounds away from Hotarubi.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Visiting Hours [Open] Mar 12, 2023 13:24:14 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
… Kojirou could hold onto it. Beer or not beer, he knew how to drink this stuff now! Atagi’s body wouldn’t recover with alcohol, anyway, so he needed someone to take care of that for him! If anything, Kojirou needed to be there for Atagi, at least until they found a way to fix him some new arms – how on earth they were going to do that was still in the air for the young swordsman – so for now, Atagi would need someone to be his arms… and Kojirou was qualified! His arms still worked, and they weren’t half-bad!

… Hey, who took the bottle?

His plans with the alcohol was swiftly taken away from his grasp by a way too sneaky Azarea. In the end, it appeared to still belong to Atagi, so Kojirou only threw her a pouting glance in response. Although, what Azarea said next did reveal to him that she managed to make it to the third round of the Exams. "You won your battle, Aza?”

That meant she had a chance to face that… that… whoever he saw earlier. The Takigakure demon who took Atagi’s arms. It was a very confusing mix of worry, pride and dread that stirred in his belly upon just imagining the next round… was Azarea safe?

After all, they were all shinobi. Just as Ahma said – maybe this was what she truly meant. Thinking about the next round, nothing but gravity pulled on his belly, no room for the typical excitement he had before. "… You think… it was for the best that I lost early?” He couldn’t hide it anymore, the swordsman was deathly scared of what was to come, and he wasn’t even participating anymore!

"… Oh, hi Miroru! See, Atagi, you made so many friends in Konoha already… it’s only a matter of time before you get a girlfriend, too!”

quick reply

compose a reply