compose a reply
Can you hold me?Mar 2, 2023 19:57:39 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

Evil Doesn't Die; It Changes Shape.

The deed was done, the mission was over and the words said has dug deep. Kunikunosaku knew that she didn't see the last of him. Yet, he felt oddly familiar, not in a way like she saw him before, but something about that Kusa shinobi's vigor seemed... recognizable. Leading the way back, she looked at Hideo to see if he was alright. Did he... still have those... No... no... he probably has someone waiting for him. He doesn't... The Mikatakujira looked ahead to assure they were heading back to the village. I think we both mov... Kunikunosaku sighed slightly as she realized she couldn't finish any thought. The kunoichi could rationalize she just imagined things, which, wasn't impossible. But, she can't possibly be imagining the tension she was feeling, he was feeling it too, right?

Kunikunosaku continued walking forward before stopping abruptly. She turned her head to look at Hideo before her eyes fell to the ground, "Hideo, I didn't scare you, did I?" She asked as her left hand lightly gripped the ends of her hair, petting it as her gaze slowly turned back to the west-northwest. "We're almost there... don't worry, I can protect you if night falls before we get back." She stated, not looking at Hideo as she tried to map out their location in her head. In truth, she wanted to address this... whatever this tension was... She wasn't a fan that they had a mysterious guest, nor was she really proud of activating Nemesis so close to Hide.

The kunoichi... she felt so confused. Nothing really hard, she just can't tell if she read things right. Were they actually signs and hints or was she so repressed for so long, she couldn't think straight?

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 756 posts
Can you hold me?Mar 10, 2023 20:15:16 GMT -5
Oborozuki Hideo
What are you looking at?
Oborozuki Hideo Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 1/14 rank Adv. Genin occupation Squad Member
[newclass=.hideopost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","hideopost"]Blood still filled Hideo’s nose and it plagued his mind. He could see the splattered bodies laying across the entryway and the eerie smell of ‘food’ being prepared. The young man could feel his stomach wrench at the thought but managed to keep himself composed. His head hung low, tufts of black hair hanging over his eyelids that covered a good portion of his teal hues. He kept repeating the same words to himself over and over in his head. I’m not afraid. As if to convince himself of the fact, his hands were white-knuckled at his side. I’m not afraid. No one else need be convinced, surely, but Hideo was simply like that. He was the last person on earth to have any reason to think he could be anything or do anything right. That was just how his mind had tamed itself over the years–a true tragedy.

Hideo and Kunikunosaku had been walking for some time now, the silent air around them adding cushion to the awkward energy. The young man found himself wandering back and forth. He wasn’t sure whether or not to be disgusted at himself for appearing so helpless in front of his teammate after all these years or …happy that she saw him for the first time in forever. That was just it, wasn’t it–he felt seen. Truly seen whereas before he lived in the shadows of people’s minds–an afterthought to the madness. He was a rabid dog in the eyes of many, but underneath the scarred flesh and piercings was a scared little boy with a long life of misery, loneliness, and a track record for hating himself before anyone else had the chance.

The silence that had separated them was broken with a sigh. Hideo’s head lifted upward. The response was like whiplash to his neck. It wasn’t that it scared him, but it was as if he had seen it coming and was prepared. His eyes and ears were hers…all hers, always hers, as far as he was concerned. Their eyes met momentarily, though her question caught him off guard. Hideo felt his heart sink, displayed by a remarkable drop in his shoulders. His eyes furrowed as he watched her tug at her platinum hair, her eyes shying away made his stomach knot even more than it had before.

His cheeks turned red and his eyes turned away as well, "You? Scare me? Yea…right.” Quick to banter, as always, he was being genuine. Kuni had not scared him, only the reality of the depth he had gotten himself into within the Shinobi world. He knew it would one day be like this, but perhaps he was not as ready as he once thought he would be. Hideo had always played the monster–the villain. He had always pretended to be fierce and grotesque and ready to fight and bleed and die for his village. If the moment came to it, though, could he really? That thought alone made him feel worthless. He didn’t deserve to wear his village’s symbol.

Kuni’s next statement had Hideo’s teeth on edge, and he too halted in his tracks. His white knuckles clenched further, nearly drawing blood from his palms. His voice was gruff and raised, a first that Kuni would have ever heard. "You don’t get it, do you?!” Hideo’s eyes lifted upward, their expression a mix of anger and pride. The anger was not directed at the young woman before him, but inward which would be quite clear. "I don’t want you to fucking protect me!” He thrust his hand outward, hammering it into the trunk of a tree. "I don’t want you to tell me you’re sorry! I don’t want you to look at me with those…pitty-filled…guilty…” he paused taking a breath.

Beautiful. He relaxed some, "eyes.” Hideo's eyes fluttered and he swallowed hard before looking away again.

His fist hammered the tree again. "God damnit, Kuni! The hell are we?! The hell are we, HUH?!” He spoke about many things. Were they just old acquaintances still? Teammates? Were they monsters? Killers? Were they pawns or masters of their own fate? Were they friends…or lovers? Yes, he felt it too. Hideo plopped down in his spot, his hands sifting through the black tufts of hair atop his head. "This is all wrong…” There was a pause of silence, and then a laugh escaped him. Subtle at first, it began to grow. "Look at us, Nezumi. What has the world done to us, huh?” He looked up at her, his teal hues searching for answers he was sure she didn’t have.

last edit by Oborozuki Hideo on Mar 10, 2023 20:15:59 GMT -5
Mint has written 91 posts
Can you hold me?Mar 11, 2023 2:17:28 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The genin, no, Hideo answered that he didn't get scared, the she didn't scare him. Kunikunosaku was relieved to hear this. So many around her whenever she used her Nemesis jutsu got scared, the dreaded fear of any moment being their last with having to see such a monstrous display, it's a primary reason she operated alone. That gnawing fear, the tense hate, the scattered thoughts of uncertainty, they were all so indiscriminately placed when she entered that state of combat that to her, she truly became a monster. It made her reflect on why she was so angry all the time, why she was unnervingly collected, all that hate shown against Issei was only the surface. Despite all of that, someone she'd call weak in the grand scheme of the shinobi system was probably the most courageous and honest shinobi she had to work with. It'd always been that way, no matter how many times they bickered and fought, how many times they relied on one another, how they help the other, it was a testament that even the smallest of threats can be a monster in the right circumstances.

Unbeknownst to her was the view of himself, he was hurt and broken in the past, far more than Kunikunosaku, but on the scale of threat and sheer ability, one could call Kuni a monster and Hideo a shadow. A criminal, one that didn't commit crimes, solely based on appearances. She was a divided mess between a parasitic monster and whatever was keeping her consciousness and personality existing. A chrysalis metamorphosis is what Ruto had called her experience and it was probably the closest she could get to understand what has become of her. Ever vigilant of her duty, she wanted to get Hideo safe and protect him. As his superior, it was his life she had to consider far more than her own. But with her statement came an unexpected reply.

He expressed that she doesn't get it... She doesn't get it... Her eyes snapped toward his teal orbs as she gritted her teeth behind closed lips. The Mikatakujira was sick and tired of being told she didn't get things, that she didn't understand. Half the damn reason she does the things she does is that she understood too much. That people were happy brushing off issues before they became more problematic, she understood people withhold things to save face, to save their lives, and actions are taken to create a safe utopia when the problems came from the people trying to make them. People hide behind excuses of forces beyond comprehension for the same fact they try to exude power. Because without it, they are worthless pieces of shit no one will remember, because they didn't build a legacy, they didn't cultivate a special reason to be remembered. Hearing those words come from Hideo in such a harsh tone, it got the attention of Kuni, but it wasn't the attention one would want. He violently didn't want her protection but was it that he was telling her that or himself? Kuni didn't think Hideo was an idiot, and with her streak of taking things literal and his lower rank, he surely wasn't intending her to leave him there.

The girl just stood like a statue staring through the blank spaces, staring at him as if she was trying to say he was being heard and seen, that he wasn't an afterthought. Yet, she was almost certain the thought wouldn't reach him, her expression didn't change to fill a purpose, it changes by the reaction. After punching the poor tree, he continued to say he didn't want her apologies nor to look at him with a sense of pity. Petting her own hair stopped as she tried hard to understand where it was all this was coming from. Just as she thought he was calming, the Oborozuki exploded again, asking what they were. It was then she knew that her reading of the tension was at least half correct. He plopped himself on the ground, stating this was all wrong.

The Kunoichi closed her eyes, her thoughts working hard to get a read on Hideo. A pause in the air was a joy, it allowed her to come up with a minor conclusion, a hypothesis, but that would spiral with more racing thoughts as the male exploded into laughter. Kunikunosaku opened her eyes in confusion as he addressed her as Nezumi. The word, the pet name, it pulled at her stomach. So many memories rushed through her head as he asked what the world has done to them. She walked over to the sitting boy, circling around him as she placed a small hand on his black hair. A fast deft motion found her laying upon his back, pressing her head next to his. "Broken... It broke us. Listen, Hideo... Stop it... The pain, anger, sorrow, dread, joy, stress, obligations, and gerrymandering ties, break us... But, you should own it. Go where you want, do what you want... the world doesn't give a shit about me, about you, about any of us. Those who suffer will continue to suffer, and those who don't are hiding the pain inside." Kuni just hugged him tighter as black tendrils poked out of her to just do the same, simply hold him in an embrace.

"We're survivors... we're fighters against the world but... that doesn't mean we should fight each other nor does it mean we should give up..." Kuni's voice grew softer and softer. While she felt her hands across his broad chest, an 'x', a cross. His heartbeat and his breathing, she could feel it so strongly as she rested her head closer to his. "I don't what you want to hear... I don't know what you're thinking... I wish I did, I want you to let me, Hideo. Don't break before I get to know you, I've seen what I have done and I see how it affects you. It doesn't matter what we are, because to me, you will always be Hideo, my friend, my teammate. But... You mean more to me, I don't know what it is, but..." Kunikunosaku trailed off, she could feel herself starting to lose her calm demeanor, she could feel tears swelling up where months before she couldn't.

"Fight... if not for yourself... for me... Hold on, I still need you. You were here for me... Let me be here for you... Please..." The Mikatakujira started shaking, trying so hard to hold herself together. "I... I... Hide, I want you, I want to be yours... You're the only one that truly understood me, please let me understand you."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Can you hold me?Mar 17, 2023 14:24:03 GMT -5
Oborozuki Hideo
What are you looking at?
Oborozuki Hideo Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 1/14 rank Adv. Genin occupation Squad Member
[newclass=.hideopost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.hideopost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","hideopost"]Maybe he’d gone too far. He could see it in her eyes. There was pain hidden within them and he had struck a nerve that she expected out of everyone but Hideo hit. His eyes strayed, guilty. He had no right to talk to her in that tone. Kuni didn’t deserve it, and Hideo knew it. A part of him wanted to apologize, but he was just too damn stubborn. He crossed his arms over his knees, his black hair still hanging in his face as he looked away. Hideo felt utterly defeated by the world and he had no way to explain it to Kuni.

The world made him the monster he was. It made her feel like a monster, and mostly into one…as well. But the world was wrong. Hideo was just a boy and Kuni was just a girl. Nothing about them had been their choice to make. Their destinies had been taken from them by the fucked up by mistakes and fucked up systems. They were trapped in this endless cycle of becoming a monster and being treated like one or being useless and unloved.

Hideo even felt distant from his own family. He didn’t blame his brother for the life he was now forced to live, but he couldn’t lie and say that there wasn’t a piece of him that wished the roles were reversed. Tetsui lived such a perfect life as some perfect fucking boy. They’d made their peace and said their words, but Hideo would always have to live like a monster in others’ eyes. It made him want to play the part. He felt himself snapping back into something he’d tried so hard to escape. In fact, he had escaped it…for a little. When did that all go wrong?

For a moment, he tried to consider it, and the more he thought, the more a certain face came into mind: Wasurete. Hideo’s teeth clenched. He wanted to kill him. He’d never wanted someone so dead before. White-knuckled and seething, the face stayed in his mind until he felt Kuni’s hand on his head.

It was as if tides had washed away the anger and fear, the hurt and the hatred. He felt utterly at peace. His head lifted, meeting her gaze, listening to her intensely as she spoke. Everything he thought was being repeated back to him. He then felt her embrace him, and for a moment his mind was completely silent. She was cold and yet he felt so warmed by her. Her hands wrapped around him and her head rested against his own.

Stillness.
Silence.

Hideo didn’t know what he wanted to hear either. He’s just unloaded everything onto his teammate without considering that she might have always felt the same way. Even still, she struggled. Her words stopped his breath and stole the weight of his stomach. He could feel it floating there.

The way she said his name.

Hide.

It was like no one had said it before.

"To be…yours?” he parroted her, his pitch rising.

He laughed softly, his subtle smile crossing his lips. "Seems you already do…”

Mint has written 91 posts
Can you hold me?Mar 18, 2023 11:17:13 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

She continued in her position, ever so hoping peace would befall onto Hideo, unaware that her touch was already doing the job. Her words continued on almost effortlessly, that is until she got closer to the end. In a way, she could feel his pain because Kunikunosaku has felt that pain. She expressed it more physically through her actions, she had a tendency to be outwardly more violent but... she also had more of a tendency to break down, emotional, inner battles people couldn't see in her, but they could see how it affected her. She spoke back to him the same words he had once told her, respun through various experiences and unique truths. New insights into the journey to self-discovery and the plain relativity of everything she had faced herself projected and catered to the person she was talking to.

She knew how badly he was treated, he told her it was the scars that made him the monster he was known as. If he was a monster, she was the devil. When she was trying to get her words out, trying to remain composed, she felt herself more vulnerable like years before. Putting so much trust in his hands, they weren't talking about her pain, not this time; it was his pain and Kuni could feel it, she lived it, she embraced it, but... maybe it was a bad call considering the atrocities she has committed. 'Zangyaku kōi' was still around, even if a memory, its mark on the world was evident. To her though, she had special hope for Hideo, if she could save only one person, it would be him. He was a ghost, silently drowning; a feeling Kuni had and still has to face every day. The silence between them was equally calming and deafening, Kuni hoped it was because he understood it, at the same time she wanted him to just say something, he eventually did, but the kunoichi didn't expect it to be her words to him.

He laughed again, but this time was more like a soft chuckle followed by the reassurance she already did, and given the context, he probably meant she already understood him. Kuni just hummed the notes to say no no, before reaching an arm forward watching her hand slowly launch a black tendril, reaching for his arm and grabbing hold of his wrist with her natural hand, slowly guiding it over his chest, over his heart. "I understand pain... I understand what it does to people, but I don't understand you... We use it to learn and grow, but that doesn't make it a part of us. You once said no one listens nor talks to you because you're a monster... I'm reaching out to you, I hear you, I see you. I want to know the Hideo, not the one you see, the one in here..." Kuni proceeded to use the Genin's finger to point at his own heart.

"Tell me, what does Hide want to say... What does Hideo, the Oborozuki, want to say... what do you truly want to say... to me?" Kuni knew the only one that can answer this was Hideo, she was trying so hard to get him to say it. She doesn't want to guide him, for she can't replicate his voice, she doesn't know him like that, not yet.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED: