Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)

compose a reply
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 3, 2023 18:00:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 221 | notes
"Kiseki-chan? Totally, I'd be delighted to help her study some basic medical stuff! I learned a lot from Miho-sensei in the hospital! Lemme pack up some stuff and I'll go see her at her place!"
Miroru was as enthusiastic about this as she ever was about spending time with her family, extended or not- which was to say, extremely! She bounced through her room collecting first aid bits and bobbles and a few beginner's textbooks she'd borrowed from Miho when she still had hope she might be able to be a medic, and hurried with her bundle of supplies off to Kiseki's family's home in the Uchiha compound!
That said, it wasn't exactly an appointment- or expected...
So really, what happened was Miroru showed up outside Kiseki's place with a backpack, calling loudly in towards the family dwelling! "Kiseki-chaaaan! I heard you wanna learn medicine stuff! Miho-sensei taught me all sortsa stuff about the body and how it breaks and heals and stuff! Plus! I brought study materials!" She hunted down an acceptably small handful of pebbles and started hucking them lightly at Kiseki's window.

plink
plink

plink

"Kiseki-chaaaaaaaaaaan!"
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,170 posts
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 5, 2023 23:38:26 GMT -5
Uchiha Kiseki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Kiseki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday July 13 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

Kiseki had a rare day off, she honestly wasn’t expecting anything to happen today. She had finished up some of her desired medical training and had only just handed in a demand request to learn more - she had no expectations that anything would come of it so quickly.

So she had set up inside her room with a snack and one of the adventure books she was currently in the middle of reading, planning on a day of disappearing into her fantasy world. Of course, things were disrupted by the repetitive sound of something tapping against the glass of her window.

The girl really, really wanted to finish her book so she tried to ignore the staccato of pebbles. But then whoever was outside decided the best course of action was to throw their entire supply of pebbles against the glass. Thankfully, the window didn’t break, but Kiseki was thoroughly pulled from her book.

With a long-suffering sigh, she rolled off her bed, three-point landing onto the floor, before going over to open the window before any lasting damage could be done.

"What are you doing?" she snapped, as she wrenched the window open. Blinking against the bright sun, the girl looked out onto the yard to see who was trying to vandalize her house.

The bright shock of orange hair immediately gave away the culprit and Kiseki’s face softened from a glare into a pout as Miroru called to get her attention. "We have a doorbell, Miroru-chan. You don’t need to try and break my windows if you want to train together."

Kiseki didn’t know why Miroru was offering to train with her, considering that the older girl was a full blown genin now, but hey, she wasn’t one to turn down instances to improve her skills. Especially when it came to learning her medic stuff she was focused on currently.

She put her foot on the sill and leapt out of her window, landing lightly on the grass and jogged over to her cousin. Kiseki may have been trying to play it cool in front of her older and higher-ranked family member, but she was having trouble hiding the skip in her step.

"What're we doing?" she asked, interest coloring her tone as she reached the other girl. "What sort of stuff did you learn with Miho-san?"

Items Used:
  • item
  • item

Jutsu Used:
  • item
  • item

SA Active:
  • 『Needlepoint Designs』
    Despite her young age, Kiseki has sharpened her control of chakra to an art. She is able to shape the flow and manipulate the threads in complex ways and with extreme potency that allows her to perform difficult jutsu without wasting a single drop.

She knows that sometimes, less is more when it comes to jutsu. The talent with which she manipulates her energy allows her to stay on even grounds with those who have larger chakra pools, making it so she can continue to fight longer.
  • item

apalooka has written 60 posts
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 6, 2023 0:26:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 307 | notes

"Of course you do, Kiseki-chan, but if I use the doorbell, then I'm not even TRYING to use my ingenuity to find an out of the box solution! Maybe your parents are anti-medical spies! Maybe they've been taken over by woodpecker summons! Is it really worth the risk?!"

Miroru, as always, did not for a second believe her own nonsense. She liked finding weird ways to approach situations, as if dreaming up ninja challenges for herself, a habit she got into after getting neglected for years by a clan without time for its less promising children. If nobody else was going to challenge her, she was gonna challenge herself!

Was it dorky? Sure.
Did it cause all manner of unnecessary trouble? Oh, absolutely.
Was it paying off?
Well, she'd made it from the Academy to the Chuunin exams in about six months, so it did seem to be working out well!

"What sort of stuff did I learn? All sortsa stuff! Ways to patch up just about anything short of missing limbs or bad bone breaks; when NOT to try to patch things up and run for a medic instead; all the worst ways to get injured, so I know what to never let anyone do to me ever; and the kinds of damage each chakra nature does to its targets, so I know how to do first aid for them specifically!" Miroru hefted her backpack cheerfully, shouldering it off as she slid in to join Kiseki on their front lawn and roll out her bedroll as a blanket for them both to study on. "Whaddya wanna learn first?"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 15, 2023 0:58:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Kiseki
Uchiha Kiseki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday July 13 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

Kiseki’s hand came up, hiding her grin in her sleeve. Her cousin was a weird one all right, but it was the kind of weird that was endearing. And the young girl was willing to put up with all sorts of weirdness if it meant getting more lessons on the inner workings of the human body.

She quickly joined Miroru on the makeshift blanket, mind turning over with what she wanted to learn. She had a decent grasp on where the best places to stab someone was, thanks to Tomomi-sensei, but she knew she still had a long way to go before she could consider herself proficient with anatomy.

"I wanna learn it all," she said, not even bothering to hide the awe in her voice as Miroru went down the list of her own knowledge. She was so lucky, being able to get lessons directly from a medic - Kiseki would have to get on that as well.

"Maybe we could start with the worst ways to get injured?" That coincided with her interests in learning the best ways to debilitate someone once she became a full fledged kunoichi. Once she knew that, then she could learn the ways to heal the damage she managed to cause.

Items Used:
  • item
  • item

Jutsu Used:
  • item
  • item

SA Active:
  • 『Needlepoint Designs』
    Despite her young age, Kiseki has sharpened her control of chakra to an art. She is able to shape the flow and manipulate the threads in complex ways and with extreme potency that allows her to perform difficult jutsu without wasting a single drop.

She knows that sometimes, less is more when it comes to jutsu. The talent with which she manipulates her energy allows her to stay on even grounds with those who have larger chakra pools, making it so she can continue to fight longer.
  • item

last edit by apalooka on Mar 22, 2023 23:11:33 GMT -5
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 15, 2023 1:13:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 312 | notes
Her cousin's delighted little giggle lit Miroru up, and her grin dimpled her cheeks brightly, highlighting the faint blush of success! "Learn it all, will you? That's the spirit! You're gonna be putting Senju Miho-sama out to pasture in a few years, you keep up that sort of attitude, Kiseki-chan!" She cheered her cousin on with enthusiasm, leaning back to think as Kiseki set the terms of her lesson. "Worst ways to get injured... alright. So, let's go over the list."

"First off, smoke inhalation if it's from a fire. All that heat literally cooks the lungs, and there's only so much of that a person can tolerate. Plus, since it's a burn, the heat literally keeps cooking their lungs for a while even once they're away from the flames," Miroru explained.

"Having limbs torn off is awful, too. A clean slice can be reattached by a skilled surgeon, but a shredded wound typically ensures a crippling injury at BEST," she added, shivering a little at the idea.

"Obviously any organ wounds suck, but if you can get someone with a piercing gut wound, they're done if they can't get medical care quickly. Septic shock sets in awfully fast... ummm." She spent a moment thinking.

"Obviously, any sort of brain injury is awful; getting stabbed in the liver is usually a two-part slaughter- if the force of the blow is sufficient, it'll flood the body with toxins from the liver itself, as well as perforating the organ and almost guaranteeing a bleed-out. And those last two are really good for knives, which anybody can use. It can be tough to inflict the other two without Katon or- probably True Transformation Jutsu."

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 22, 2023 19:53:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Kiseki
Uchiha Kiseki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kiseki listened to Miroru with rapt attention. It was practically a mirror of when she had been attending lessons with Yamanaka Tomomi-sensei. She wanted to absorb any and all of the information that was coming towards her.

Smoke inhalation sounded brutal and effective. But Kiseki didn’t know any Katon techniques, nor would she be learning any in the near future, her paper test had told her she an affinity to electricity, not fire. Maybe she could set things on fire with electricity…or maybe explosive tags? Something to think about in the future when she would actually be allowed to access those things.

Limb ripping off was gruesome as heck, and Kiseki wouldn’t be able to rip anyone’s arms or legs off with her current strength. Maybe in the future once she grew up a little more, or learned this True Transformation jutsu that Miroru mentioned.

The girl nodded along with the lesson. "Yamanaka-sensei taught me ‘bout the best places to stab people." Kiseki knew all about stabbing thanks to her lesson with Tomomi. They had told her about the gut stabbing and brain stabbing and the best spots to stab through to get to those deadly spots. She just needed to practice it instead of just learning about it.

She definitely would need to get some knives when she graduated. Some that were long and thin, yet sturdy. Some that were capable of reaching any point within a person’s body.

"Any other injuries that are really bad?" she asked, tucking her legs under her and scooching forward a bit in anticipation.

Items Used:
  • item
  • item

Jutsu Used:
  • item
  • item

SA Active:
  • 『Needlepoint Designs』

• item

last edit by apalooka on Mar 22, 2023 23:12:08 GMT -5
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 23, 2023 22:01:19 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 216 | notes
"Yamanaka-sensei did?" Miroru blinked. She'd never considered the puppeteer to be the sort to get up close and personal- but she supposed they had to get good at that themselves if their puppets were going to be any good at close-up fights. "Well, color me surprised. I've only seen them use puppets before when we trained together. Never thought about the fact they have to know that stuff themselves..."

"Punctures in general suck... literally, if you catch a lung. That's what we in the industry call a "sucking chest wound." It's bad news bears, kiddo."
Miroru thought a bit more, then admitted, "Honestly, most actual injuries caused by Raiton are pretty awful."

She focused back on Kiseki. "Raiton is like. All the extranneous bits of fire stripped away. Where fire spreads around, lightning punches into. A powerful Raiton tech can spread channels of burned, dead flesh into the target. They're awful to try to get in and repair. It's like getting stabbed with fire, basically. And the cells that don't roast tend to boil from the heat and pop, steam-cooking the flesh around them."

MISSIONS
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 24, 2023 10:24:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Kiseki
Uchiha Kiseki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kiseki nodded about Yamanaka-sensei teaching her. They were super smart, so she didn’t see the oddness about a puppeteer teaching anatomy lessons. She knew that lung punctures were nasty thanks to Yamanaka-sensei, as well.

Then she had to bite back another giggle. Industry? Kiddo? Miroru was talking like she was some experienced veteran, and not someone who only had two years on her.

She definitely was a character, her cousin. It was entertaining, but Kiseki needed to focus on the lesson, so she didn’t miss any information. She readjusted her seat and listened to the other girl’s run down on raiton-based injuries.

Kiseki tilted her head, lips pursed as she thought. She knew raiton was pretty strong, from what she had seen her dad do with it. And yeah, lightning-based injuries would probably be really bad and hurt a lot, "but wouldn't that just cauterize any wound it made?"

Unless it was a super, super bad injury or an injury to a vital spot, chances were the person injured would manage to survive. It sounded more akin to something used for torture than efficient killing, if she thought too hard about it.

Plus the way that Miroru was describing it made it sound really gross. Not that maiming and killing wouldn’t be gross, Kiseki knew that, but maybe not tell her that skin was going to bubble and pop.

Items Used:
  • item
  • item

Jutsu Used:
  • item
  • item

SA Active:
  • 『Needlepoint Designs』

• item

last edit by apalooka on Apr 6, 2023 21:51:07 GMT -5
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Mar 27, 2023 20:31:31 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 480 | notes
Miroru grinned at that little tidbit. "Make sure you pay attention to Yamanaka-sensei's teachings, then! They're very sharp, and if they're taking time to teach you, you're already very lucky!"

Kiseki wasn't wrong- Miroru had only been graduated for about a half year, even! Treating herself as an veteran professional was just silly, but that was all part of the game. The more she kept Kiseki smiling, the less Kiseki was likely to ask about what sort of injuries she'd inflicted herself.

Which she found to be a much less amusing topic.

"Depends entirely on the concentration of Raiton used. Uh- here, lemme show you."

Miroru stood up and picked up her staff, running Raiton into it to make it crackle and vibrate with power. "Okay, so you gotta remember there's two parts to how Raiton works. How much Raiton you're using, and how broadly you disperse it. So right now, my staff is charged with Raiton, but it's spread out, and there's not too much of it. If I poked you, it'd shock you and probably numb the part I poked, but it wouldn't do much -damage.-"

She set the stick down, the charge dispelled as soon as she let go, and did a few handsigns, creating a crackling string of lightning between her hands. "This is a lot more Raiton, and even though you can see that lightning there, it's not controlled. It'll disperse. That'll cause some burns, but mostly just paralyze or knock someone out. It's not focused or powerful enough to do much damage. So if you increase the amount of Raiton, but don't focus it, the damage increase is kind of incidental."

Miroru grinned and picked up a rock. "Whereas if you do the opposite and densely focus even a relatively small amount of Raiton..." She tossed the rock into the air and flashed three hand signs in extremely fast fashion! Raiton focused around her hand, and she swung it, throwing a single dart of crackling Raiton into the air, splintering it into smoking dust. "You can cause considerable damage! Those WILL cauterize. They go past the generalized paralysis and start creating those internal burns I mentioned, where anything that would have bled will be too seared to do so."

She pauses for a moment, then sits back down, as if interrupting herself. "And then there's techniques for high-concentration, high-density Raiton. And you don't use those on anyone you want to be alive afterwards. Those go past the cauterization stage and just... sort of... explode inside the target," she explains in extreme brevity.

"So whether it'll stun, burn, cauterize or explode depends on just how focused and how much Raiton you use," she concluded.

MISSIONS
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Apr 1, 2023 0:29:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Kiseki
Uchiha Kiseki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kiseki’s eyes went wide after the raiton display, bringing her hands up to give her cousin a small round of applause. It was super impressive and she was enthralled. She wanted to learn those jutsu someday.

So, basically, if you wanted to make sure someone died from a raiton attack, you either needed to be accurate in where you were hitting your opponent or just charge them so full of electricity they blew up. Kiseki could remember that pretty easily. Stun, burn, cauterize, or explode, were all handy things to have in the repertoire of how to hurt the human body.

She felt she needed to learn more about the human body, but she wasn’t sure how to go about that - if Miroru knew enough for her to feel satisfied. Maybe the other things she had mentioned earlier.

"How about healing?" she asked. "You said Miyo-sensei taught you how to heal a lot of wounds. Can you teach me?"

Kiseki was interested in learning how to heal wounds. She, herself, probably wouldn’t be doing much healing in the future, she wasn’t going to be a medical shinobi, but learning to stop the wounds might give her a better insight in what caused them and how to possibly make them more serious.

Items Used:
  • item
  • item

Jutsu Used:
  • item
  • item

SA Active:
  • 『Needlepoint Designs』

• item

last edit by apalooka on Apr 6, 2023 21:51:41 GMT -5
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Apr 3, 2023 18:38:44 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 243 | notes
The applause certainly helped to power Miroru forward- praise always did!- and she grinned at the excited dark-haired girl aiming clapping her way! "Thankyew, thankyew, I'll be here all week~" She quipped, smirking as she settled back down and gave Kiseki a few moments to puzzle over what she was thinking about. She seemed to be making some connections and using them to make conclusions on her own path forward. At least, that's what Miroru liked to think, as if she'd set Kiseki out on her own personal journey of electrifying self-discovery!

"Oh! Uh... healing! About that..!" Miroru rubbed at the back of her head, bashful.

"As it happens, I, um... I'm awful at it. Like, can't do it. So, remember the hose analogy? So- to do medical work, you need to be able to put, like. A little spray handle on it so you can control the flow precisely. A trickle here, a spray there, but that only really works if the chakra flow is relatively low."

Miroru laughed awkwardly. "I have... a LOTTA chakra, and that sorta precision control is beyond me. Embarrassing... but true. Most of what I know is just... first aid stuff that's helpful for medics to know so they know which jutsus to use and such!"

MISSIONS
Medical Mischief (Training, Kiseki)Apr 7, 2023 7:20:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Kiseki
Uchiha Kiseki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kiseki deflated, pouting. She didn’t really get the whole deal with the spigot thing. She understood the concepts of control and reserves; she had excellent control of her chakra pool, according to her instructors, but she didn’t understand why a person couldn’t just...lessen the flow? Close the spigot a little, even with a bunch of chakra behind it? Bah, whatever. It made her head hurt if she thought too much about it.

Still, she was a little disappointed that Miroru wouldn’t be able to show her any healing ninjutsu. Guess there was something her cousin wasn’t good at, which seemed like a weird concept. Kiseki had gotten excited at the prospect of seeing it, but now, short of leaving to find Miho or some other medical-ninja (which would be rude), it looked like she wouldn’t be receiving that lesson today.

But then Miroru offered an alternative that had Kiseki perking up again. "First aid is good. I wanna learn that stuff," she said. "Teach me that."

The demand, albeit a little pushy, wasn’t unkind. The girl simply had renewed excitement and interest. It wasn’t the kind of medicine she had wanted to see, but even the bare minimum of conventional first aid knowledge was more than what Kiseki was capable of - which was nothing. So, of course, she wanted the knowledge.

Maybe her previous idea wasn’t gonna be postponed completely. Whatever information Miroru had to teach, maye Kiseki would be able to translate that into the knowledge of how to efficiently cause damage.

It was worth a try, at least.

Items Used:
  • item
  • item

Jutsu Used:
  • item
  • item

SA Active:
  • 『Needlepoint Designs』

• item

last edit by Uchiha Kiseki on Apr 7, 2023 7:22:21 GMT -5