Sage + Apprentice Sage Additions

fallen blades
Sage + Apprentice Sage AdditionsMar 3, 2023 19:06:10 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
"I may fall behind, but I will catch up and surpass eventually!"
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday February 2nd rank Adv Genin occupation
One of the things I've noticed while exploring possibly making a sage apprentice is that the spots are very limited and while I agree they should be limited it doesn't feel right for only a select few villages to have sages. Now normally this would be ok if it was only the major five villages, but since a minor one does have a sage I feel it's only fair for the other three should also have sages. This also includes the fact there are also canon sages that aren't even on the site so it would make room for people to explore and use those too.

So I have a suggestion for the remaining three, Ame, Kusa, and Yuki should also have the chance to have new sages and apprentices for people to attempt to make for. Firstly I would suggest the canon sages we know to exist, Frog and Slug, be for sure options people to create which would cover two of the villages. Frog for Kusa and Slug for Ame respectively. Slug for Ame since the creatures prefer areas with water and rain and Frog for Kusa because of hidden water areas for the amphibians to dwell into. This can also be interchangeable because Slugs would have a nice food source in Kusa and the rain in Ame would do well for frogs. As for Yuki, I feel we have a few options to make for the Yuki sage and I'll say each of the ideas I have for them.

We could have a polar bear for the fact they can withstand the cold environment and have a very good defense as their possible boon. Penguin is another solution for it, this is mostly because I think it would be cute, yet they could also use their ability to hold food inside them for extended periods and use them as a projectile or even have a sort of speed thing with them due to them sliding upon their bellies on the ice. Lastly, the other animal somewhat combines the Polar bear and Penguin idea for Seals or Sea Lions with their sturdy blubbery bodies to withstand hits and their ability to move upon the ice despite not having feet like most animals do. To put it in smaller terms this one would mostly be able sustainability of the three I'm suggesting with higher defense, stamina, and a bit of mobility to their kit.

While I do know this would take a bit of discussion and quite a bit of fine-tuning if this could be something people look forward to or something that can be worked on I would love to help expand on it with staff's help should you all believe it's possible to do so. I also feel that adding these new positions would help more people have more interesting plots with their characters especially since it would be new animals altogether instead of similar ones that are currently being used. 
Elumenate has written 94 posts
Sage + Apprentice Sage AdditionsMar 3, 2023 23:58:38 GMT -5
Toff E
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation

Heya Elu!

So this is a decent suggestion to see, and definitely something that has been discussed infinitum in the past.

In short of what I was always told; its entirely doable. However, you, as the players, would need to appeal and have a strong argument past 'I think more positions for X power position exist' in the essence of the matter. This more or less means, staff has no real precedent for it being an appealable position or set of. Takigakure's Sage contract is as old as the site itself and wasn't originally meant to exist, it was appealed for back in the stone age of the site. So 'doable' and 'will happen' are yet to be decided.

In regards to the contracts... I speak only from my personal perspective here - we do not need more canon based contracts. As someone who has a Snake Sage Apprentice I can genuinely say I hate that Manda and The Great White Snake Sage exist on the site as part of that contract, but they are mega boss summons that rarely see use, so outside of my personal distaste that's fine. What isn't is taking existing non-sage contracts, and using them in ways that would convert them. The Slugs contract has been around for a while, and while Frogs are a thing using canon summons, its a World Contract and shouldn't be locked to a village when it was designed to not be.

TLDR;; Level Four appeal, and make it a damn strong one with a double shot of good arguments and reasoning. Please make your own contracts and don't just use things that already exist on site.
last edit by Toff E on Mar 3, 2023 23:59:36 GMT -5
has written 96,183 posts
Sage + Apprentice Sage AdditionsMar 4, 2023 3:51:24 GMT -5
TACTICIAN
farewell, good hunter. may you find your worth in the waking world.
TACTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
age twenty-seven years old birthday nov 10 rank legendary sannin occupation bad bitch
Wisp's suggestion of making a level 4 appeal is a good short-term solution if you have a sage contract & character you want to app for a specific village.

In the meantime, I've brought this up in the staff board discussion & we should have a detailed reply by 3/18.

Thank you!!
owochimawu has written 62 posts
Sage + Apprentice Sage AdditionsMar 27, 2023 11:04:18 GMT -5
cocoa
Reflect carefully upon your actions.
cocoa Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
Hi Elu, sorry for the delay on this. This touched on some broader site systems we have had in the works and that resulted in this taking longer than anticipated. We're not considering adding slots until we've re-balanced summons and sages. Afterwards we'll be doing our best to quickly consider this.
Cocoa has written 196 posts