compose a reply
Weigh Me Down (Rei)Mar 3, 2023 23:12:56 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
"I may fall behind, but I will catch up and surpass eventually!"
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday February 2nd rank Adv Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[newclass="#TULIO"]--image:url(https://i.ibb.co/pP7NNkP/ez.png); --accent:#d1bb3d;[/newclass]

[attr="class","teverywrap"][attr="id","TULIO"]

[attr="class","teveryheading"]

Weigh Me Down

[attr="class","teveryentry"]

He needed to work harder and get better faster. Katsuo was falling behind his brother and every day he wasn't training was proving to be disastrous for his progress. How was he supposed to catch up to such talent? Especially since it seemed like everyone favored him anyways! Why was he the special one? Why couldn't Katsuo get such special treatment like him? They were twins after all so shouldn't they be treated equally? Whatever he would show them. He would show them all with his tenacity he would be the best one way or another. No one could stop him and he wouldn't let them.[break][break]

Today's training regime was to master tree climbing. He had already mastered water walking thanks to his teammate Azarea, but now he needed to make sure he could climb trees. She had explained it would be easier to do this now that he had the water walking skills, but he wasn't so sure. The surface was so different than that of water and he wouldn't have to fluctuate his chakra as much, but that did mean he had to be steady which he wasn't sure he could do since Chakra control wasn't his specialty. [break][break]

This wouldn't deter him though as he would focus chakra into his shoes and attempt to climb the tree though he merely would push himself off the tree instead as if he was jumping off it or catapulting himself away. Landing on his butt he would comment aloud, "What is going on why can't I do this?" His frustration was apparent in his voice as he rubbed his behind from landing on it a bit rougher than he was expecting.

[attr="class","tdijitalccredit"]Thsi Template Scrolls ✭ dijit

[googlefont=Montserrat|Open+Sans]

[newclass=".teverywrap"]width:420px; height:250px; border:10px solid #232323; box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(35, 35, 35,.8); margin-top:20px; margin-right:auto; margin-left:auto; background: radial-gradient(circle, #232323 0%, var(--accent) 110%), var(--image); background-size:420px; background-position:center; background-blend-mode:color; overflow:auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teverywrap::-webkit-scrollbar"]display: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryheading"]width:420px; height:250px; display:flex; flex-direction:column; flex-wrap:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryheading h1"]margin:0px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:auto; margin-left:20px; margin-right:20px; padding:20px; text-align:center; border:1px solid #232323; font-size:40px; line-height:35px; color:var(--accent); text-shadow:0px 0px 6px rgba(35, 35, 35,.9); background-color:rgba(35, 35, 35,.3);[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry"]width:360px; padding:30px; text-align:justify; background-color:rgba(35, 35, 35,.9); color:#9C9C9C; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry p"]margin:0px; margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry p:last-child"]margin:0px; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry b"]color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry a"]color:var(--accent)!important; text-decoration:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tdijitalccredit"]width:380px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; text-align:center; margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tdijitalccredit a"]font-size:8px; padding-top:5px; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none;[/newclass]
Elumenate has written 95 posts
Weigh Me Down (Rei)Mar 8, 2023 11:10:30 GMT -5
Jokyū Rei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Jokyū Rei Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Rei had almost forgotten that she was a shinobi, having spent so much of her time as a doctor instead. Of course, part of her job was to be a doctor even as a shinobi, as that was what medics did on a regular basis, but as she looked down at her Kumo headband, a frown evident on her face, she was unsure what was happening. She hadn't gone on a mission in a very long time, much less trained anything outside of medical jutsu. And even her medical jutsu training was done at the local hospital, which meant she lived and breathed the hospital walls. Now that she was outside, basking herself in fresh air and sunlight, she almost felt like the world around her was foreign.

She walked towards the country, passing the Kumogakure gates without so much as anyone batting an eye. Despite not prone to going on missions and thus leaving the village, the guards at the gates knew of her at least to know not to question her comings and goings. Leaving behind her white lab coat, she was in her usual dark green dress and heels, not exactly the most optimal choice in clothing for anything strenuous. But she had come out to breathe in fresh air, to leave the confinements of her office and the hospital building as a whole, and what she wore was perhaps the last thing on her mind.

The woman would have continued walking aimlessly had she not passed by a boy at that point. Her footsteps slowed to a halt as she watched him from behind quietly, observing hat he was doing. It wasn't rocket science to know that he was obviously training, and from the frustration in his voice as he spoke to himself, Rei could tell that he was struggling. She watched him land once, twice and three times at the foot of the tree he was standing in front of. Recalling one of the first non-medical jutsu she had learned as a genin, she immediately recognized that he was learning tree climbing.

It brought back nostalgia.

"You're doing it wrong, that's why..." she mused quietly.
last edit by Jokyū Rei on Mar 8, 2023 11:10:55 GMT -5
Nue has written 13 posts
Weigh Me Down (Rei)Mar 27, 2023 0:09:37 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

[newclass="#TULIO"]--image:url(https://i.ibb.co/pP7NNkP/ez.png); --accent:#d1bb3d;[/newclass]

[attr="class","teverywrap"][attr="id","TULIO"]

[attr="class","teveryheading"]

Weigh Me Down

[attr="class","teveryentry"]

"What the?" Katsuo would say suddenly as he heard a voice criticize his training method. His slight glare would make contact with a dark-haired woman whom the voice came from. Was she even a shinobi? With her attire, she looked more like a socialite or some woman who just likes to dress up and go on strolls. So what did she even know about shinobi training? Still, as much as it pained him to admit it if she knew something about how to fix his attempt at tree climbing he shouldn't just ignore her advice if she chose to give him some. So dusting off his outfit he would turn to the woman and approach her.[break][break]

"So would you be so kind to tell me what I'm doing wrong then?" There was a little spite in his voice, but he was trying to remain calm and collected especially since he was trying to get information from her. She could just ignore him if she wanted to, but who knows maybe she could impart some wisdom to him so he could get better at this technique. Besides, it would probably be a much better learning environment than his water walking lesson with Azarea anyways. At least he wasn't on a mission this time and he could take it a bit slowly without worrying about messing something up in the process.

[attr="class","tdijitalccredit"]Thsi Template Scrolls ✭ dijit

[googlefont=Montserrat|Open+Sans]

[newclass=".teverywrap"]width:420px; height:250px; border:10px solid #232323; box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(35, 35, 35,.8); margin-top:20px; margin-right:auto; margin-left:auto; background: radial-gradient(circle, #232323 0%, var(--accent) 110%), var(--image); background-size:420px; background-position:center; background-blend-mode:color; overflow:auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teverywrap::-webkit-scrollbar"]display: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryheading"]width:420px; height:250px; display:flex; flex-direction:column; flex-wrap:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryheading h1"]margin:0px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:auto; margin-left:20px; margin-right:20px; padding:20px; text-align:center; border:1px solid #232323; font-size:40px; line-height:35px; color:var(--accent); text-shadow:0px 0px 6px rgba(35, 35, 35,.9); background-color:rgba(35, 35, 35,.3);[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry"]width:360px; padding:30px; text-align:justify; background-color:rgba(35, 35, 35,.9); color:#9C9C9C; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry p"]margin:0px; margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry p:last-child"]margin:0px; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry b"]color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".teveryentry a"]color:var(--accent)!important; text-decoration:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tdijitalccredit"]width:380px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; text-align:center; margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tdijitalccredit a"]font-size:8px; padding-top:5px; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none;[/newclass]
Weigh Me Down (Rei)Sept 27, 2023 20:04:09 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

She was, not so kind as to explain. She left, plain and simple gone from the field as quickly as she had appeared to point out Katsuo as being wrong. Yakitsukeru, however, was new upon this scene and she was frankly confused as to what the boy was doing. She had met Katsuo before in the exams, though briefly. She recognized him purely from his lack of an arm and blonde hair. She had gotten to see the wreckage of his matches live, and while she left before the final fight of the chunin exam she had seen plenty, and been told even more after coming back.

Kizumi had mumbled about training "her kids" faster so that that sort of thing wouldn't happen again. Yakitsu took it as a lesson that even a competent leader was a folly of their own making. Kizumi had not worked them hard enough, but to do that would break her own philosophies. At least that was the girl's own ideas on the matter. Approaching with no motive on the matter at all she would look between the leaving figure and Katsuo, "Rejected? You should work on that."
'
Yakitsukeru would state giving Katsuo a blank stare before sighing, "That joke wasss in bad tassste even for me, what are you working on Jokyu-Sssan?"
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
Weigh Me Down (Rei)Sept 28, 2023 18:42:41 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","vcrashBG"]
[attr="class","vcrashIMG"]
[attr="class","vcrashInfo"]@[tag]
[attr="class","vinfoDiv"]

[attr="class","vinfoNotes"]notes here, this box will scroll if they get too long!

[attr="class","vcrashLyrics"]Even if I can't reach the stars I can at least fly

[attr="class","vcrashBody"]

The woman who seemed to criticize his work wasn't of any help as she would soon leave him to his own devices. "Well that's helpful," he would mutter to himself with a sneer on his face at her departure, but luck seemed to be on his side as another person appeared. Well, luck is a loose term for the word as this person was someone who was in the exams that had just past. While he never worked with her or even fought her he knew she was capable so maybe it was a good thing he didn't face in her combat. [break][break]

Her joke was in bad taste, but he couldn't blame her it was pretty pathetic of him to have not learned this simple technique yet. The fact he even survived the exams without learning it was laughable on its own. "Honestly?" Katsuo would say trying to keep his temper in check, "climbing this tree." He turned his head from Yaki as he felt like if he kept eye contact she would just glare at him judgingly. He knew he was behind and he didn't need her to remind him, but that didn't mean he was going to give up. He needed to prove himself and if it meant relying on others for help so be it.

ulla

[newclass=.vcrashBG]background-color:#fff;margin-top:20px;border-bottom:#DEAA68 5px solid;width:450px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashIMG]height:350px;border:#DEAA68 5px solid;border-bottom:0;background-color:#eee;width:200px;float:left;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody]color:#000; height:295px;padding:15px;padding-right:10px;border:#ccc 1px solid;border-bottom:0;border-top:0;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:13px;overflow:auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody b]color:#DEAA68;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#ccc;width:1px;border:#fff 4px solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashLyrics]background-color:#DEAA68;color:#000;font-family:verdana;font-size:8px;height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;line-height:10px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashInfo]opacity:.99999;background-color:#DEAA68;height:60px;padding-top:40px;font-family:trebuchet ms;color:#000;font-size:10px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 38%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 38%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 38%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 38%);margin-top:-38px;transition:.3s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashIMG:hover .vcrashInfo]margin-top:-100px;transition:.3s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashInfo a]color:#fff!important;font-family:trebuchet ms!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoDiv]background-color:#eee;padding:0px;height:1px;opacity:.2;margin:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoNotes]margin:5px;height:35px;overflow:auto;line-height:10px;padding:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoNotes::-webkit-scrollbar]width:0[/newclass]
Weigh Me Down (Rei)Sept 28, 2023 22:25:19 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

The girl had to admit she was expecting a far harsher answer on the matter. He was obviously mad, not that she actually cared whether he was upset. If he wanted help, he would accept what he could get or his pride would be the folly to his life. He had already lost an arm thinking that he knew better after all. She had no reason to believe he had learned his leason.

Her stare was not scathing, but it was as harsh as it was honest as she sighed, "Consssidering your grasssp on ninjutsssu isss sssolid itsss a good choice for you to, yesss. I can't teach you the correct way to do sssomething I have not yet learned myssself, but I can asssissst you in learning the art. How far can you get usssually before falling?" Yakitsukeru would say setting her explosives to the ground so to be unburdened as she performed the handseal needed to turn off the weight inside of her haori.

Stretching, the crack of bone was loud like someone far older then her doing what she was doing. Straghtening she offered a hand out to the boy from where he was, an agreement, though he probably wasn't gonna like her training that much, "Giving up and being sssorry for yourssself isss failure Jokyu-Sssan. Asss long asss you never do either then you have never failed, jussst learned how to improve."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts