Recovery and Realization Mar 4, 2023 14:08:12 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday July 4th rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 2
a Noble or an Idol

Coma

Uta was screaming in terror and pain as she was dragged onto the medical gurney brought to her in this underground fighting arena. She was scared. She had little idea where she was, no idea what had happened. As she looked around, she recognized some of the faces. So she had to assume that this was still part of the exams. She was still underground, but this wasn't the same room as before. Her brain was rushing to try and process everything, but her brain was already working fairly hard on keeping her alive as she dealt with the incredible burns across her body. Her mind was overwhelmed, so as she tried to look around for answers, all she'd actually see was black.

Her eyes opened again not to the underground, but to a hospital room. She could hear a beeping noise at regular intervals. She'd look down at herself again, this time she wouldn't see the burns. Her body was wrapped in bandages. Some of them still white, most of them covered in sweat, blood, and whatever other fluids her wounds produced. As she tried to steady her breathing, she could feel a tight pain in her chest. She remembered the broken bones she had felt before. She could see a thick cast on either leg, and on her right arm as well. As she continued to look around the room, she saw a nurse with her back turned to the girl. 

Uta went to speak. Her voice was weak, but she managed to squeak out the word 'nurse'. The woman turned with an expression of shock and relief, and rushed to the girls bedside to confirm what she had heard. Seeing the girl's eyes clearly open, watching her. She smiled wide and began to rush out the door of the room. "Doctor! Doctor come quick, she's waking up!?" Uta heard her yelling as she rushed down the hall. Uta could barely keep her eyes open. They continued to want to drift closed. And as she heard the nurse getting back towards the room, all went black once again. 

When Uta's eyes opened again, it was much darker. Had she fallen back asleep? It was a bit late to wake up, but the girl figured she hadn't much to do. She still felt weak. This time, she couldn't even push out any words. She tried to call for a nurse again, but she couldn't force herself to make the words, instead just devolving into a coughing fit. It was then that she heard voices. She couldn't see them, as she turned to face them she saw only a medical curtain, separating her bed from the rest of the room. 

"I just don't know what to do anymore," Uta heard the voice say. It was to far away to hear clearly. She was getting bits and pieces, not the whole thing. The voice felt so familiar. "we knew.... She's a shinobi now, I know that, but..." Was that... no. Uta shook her head. They wouldn't have come to see her. They never had before. But as she tried to listen closer, the world faded to black again.

It was morning the next time she woke up. Early morning. Was it the morning of the night she had just seen? The girl sure hoped so. But as she woke up this time, it felt different. She was still in pain, she was still weak, but when she tried to sit up this time, she could. It hurt like hell, and she let out a yelp of pain. She devolved into coughing as the noise escaped her throat, which only brought more pain, which brought more involuntary groans and squeaks, which brought more coughing. But... she wasn't falling back asleep. She wasn't as deathly tired as she had felt the past times she woke. She continued to look around, when certainly her curtain swung open. It was the same nurse as before, and she was beaming. "you're not gonna fall asleep on me again now are you? You sound better this time, so I'm hoping so." Both of them were surprised to hear a large laugh, as another woman walked into frame. A doctor of some sort, holding a clipboard. "Now now Hina, can't blame her too much for that. I'm just happy to see you up. It's been a touchy week." 

Uta quickly asked what they meant. And the doctor began to explain to her what had happened. After the shock of the exam, Uta had slipped into a coma. She had woke up for a few moments the day after she had been brought here, and then was out again for about 5 days, which is where she found herself now. Uta realized that no one must have seen her awake that night. Had she even been awake? Maybe that was just some sort of coma dream. The doctor had a lot of questions for her, making sure she wasn't worse than they had imagined. They also explained the bandages. Over sixty percent of her body had been covered by the flames. They had done what they could, but for now they just had to let her body do its own healing. 

"I just... I don't remember the fight," Uta stated. The doctor looked sad, but he nodded his head before saying "The brain can also suffer memory loss when confronting a traumatic experience. As I understand it, this was your first major combat injury. I wouldn't worry too much, your memory should come back in a couple of days." 

Uta guessed that made sense. She didn't feel in the right place to question what the doctor said. "Now that you're up though, we should inform your visitors. I know she'd want to be here as soon as possible now that you're talking again." 

Had it not been a dream after all? Was... was she really here to see her daughter? 

made by eden @ gs and thq

Tuturu has written 78 posts
Recovery and Realization Mar 5, 2023 17:06:04 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It had been a week since the exams and everyday she had the chance would attempt to go and visit with Uta, she had heard that she was injured specifically by Saga and was barred entry to come and see her for the few days due to the doctors not wanting her to be disturbed during her recovery process but the second she was given the chance she was going to take it. Upon heading into the room she’d see the girl on her hospital bed noting the injuries that she had suffered.

"Eyy champ…how ya doin…” she’d say with a slightly weak smile still keeping up her usual jovial bravado not wanting to bring down the girls mood by being so melancholic. But she’d be lying if she said seeing the charred burns on the girls body didn’t disturb her to some degree. She was thankful that Goro didn’t get so hurt during his fight, but it made her worry for him. Now seeing one of her closest friends since her time as an academy student laid out in font of her it was…harrowing a dose of reality she wished she didn’t have to see.

"I tried to come and see ya everyday I could’ve they only just now let me in, you got any kind of a timeline one when ya gonna be up and runnin?” the girl would say wondering about her injuries, they looked awful two broken legs and her skin mangled. She looked different from when she saw her last and should consider herself lucky she didn’t suffer a worse fate when she was in the exams, having a few of her own scars from it as well.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

283 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Mar 5, 2023 17:07:04 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Recovery and Realization Mar 5, 2023 17:44:58 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

a Noble or an Idol

Wake Up

The girl couldn't lie to herself in the moment, she knew exactly who she hoped would walk through that door, someone who hadn't seemed to care about her for years. Someone she had even dreamed about seeing apparently. With all of that on her mind, there was an immediate sense of disappointment. She tried not to show it on her face, quickly burying that feeling as she realized how rude that mentality was. A friend she had had for a long time was here to say hello to her. Was here to talk to her after such a traumatic experience. 

Uta was glad to have a friend to say hello so soon. So she gave Taki the warm smile that she deserved. "I'm doing okay, according to the doctors." Uta's voice was still weak. It was taking a lot for her just to push the few words out. She could feel her ribs stinging away at her. "I haven't really been awake, so I don't think coming to visit me would've meant much anyways. I think they only let family visit the sleeping patients," that fact was true, but Uta didn't know wether or not her own parents had taken advantage of that part of the law. Instead she just once again tried to bury that thought. "I'm fine now though. They told me I should be able to leave the hospital in time to watch the finals. Usually they'd transfer me back to Iwa, but they said since I'm from here in Kuwana I could stay here for the full recovery if I wanted, or just wait till the exams are over before I transfer to the new hospital. It'll be a lot longer than that before I'm back on my feet though."

Recovery and Realization Mar 5, 2023 18:11:24 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

The girl would spot a chair and pull it up towards her the raking noise of the chair against the ground being rather grating to the ears, for a brief moment. But after getting it the girl would turn the chair around and take a seat her hands outstretched over the top of the chair as she took in everything for a brief moment, she’d tell her that she was doing okay which was a good sign she was happy to hear that she’d been recovering relatively well.

But by the sounds of it she wouldn’t be heading back home to Iwa anytime soon, thankfully however she was told that she was going to be back on her feet but not anytime soon. "Did ya folks come by?”

Taki almost wanted to grab her friends hand to show her that she was there for her in solidarity but with the wounds that she had it probably wasn’t the best idea. "Are you gonna be able to walk? How long till you’re back on your feet got a timeline?” Taki wanted to be there every step of the way and even help if she could, Uta had been a good friend and it was hard to see her like this. There was a melancholy beat in her heart that she had felt every time she had to look at her, it was hard.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

232 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Recovery and Realization Mar 12, 2023 7:40:58 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

a Noble or an Idol

Wake Up

Acknowledgement of her parents by name wasn't something Uta knew would hit her as hard as it did. She felt her heart beats speeding up in her chest as the question was asked and she simply shook her head for a moment. She didn't have it in her to ask the doctors if she had heard what she believed she did. The girl didn't know if she could handle either answer. If they had been here, why weren't they here now? Why could they only see her when she was unconscious? If they hadn't shown up at all, did she really still mean that little to them?

The other question was easier to answer. The doctors had given her a timetable after all. 

Only a few days had actually been a lot more recovery than Uta had originally assumed. She wasn't completely stuck in her bed anymore. They had started her up on physical therapy. Walking still wasn't easy, she could only manage a couple of feet before needing to go back into her chair.

Her chair. She was going to have to get used to that idea.

Uta had been relegated to a wheel chair for the time being. Not even enough strength to regularly use the chair. At least it was able to get her around however. And at least Uta had things to look forward to. Taki had made it clear she wanted to help out with the recovery process, and that included being here during Uta's physical therapy.

Recovery and Realization Mar 28, 2023 10:28:34 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

After speaking with her for a while longer the girl would make her exit form out of the hospital and promised her to come back she was given a window of time on her recovery and Taki insisted she be there to help, as the days came and went Taki would arrive always there to help wheel her out if need be, she’d stay in the room offering moral support as the girl would attempt to try and get herself back on the up and up, having a small set up for her practice walking once again.

She’d keep her distance not sure if she wanted her too get too close not sure if she’d feel bad about needing help. Uta wasn’t ever someone that Taki had considered to be overly prideful but it isn’t something she’d want someone doing for her so she kept her distance until she had said so. "Alright, C’mon…you made it 3 feet last week let’s go fa four!” the girl would say trying to push her forward with some motivational words like the coach that she was. Still keeping her distance as the girl tried to walk but was ready to rush over at a moments notice if she needed it.

She felt bad that the girl had gotten so badly hurt had she been there she would’ve done something to try and stop it it was hard to believe that one of her students was capable of something like this, she may need to have a talk with him about not hurting allies a bit later.

It’s a shame she had such pretty skin and now look at her. "Ya know…I know a doc dat might be able to help wit ya boins…she’s busy wit odda patients but I don’t think she’d mind help you out.” the girl would say offering up Souma to perhaps assist her with her injuries it might’ve been too soon to bring something like that up but she didn’t want to have to stay like this if she didn’t have too.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

343 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style

quick reply

compose a reply