Last Man StandingMar 7, 2023 10:01:28 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It had been months since the girl had been promoted to Jounin on the Eve of the 3 year anniversary of her uncle’s kidnapping in November and despite how much she's grown as a shinobi, her sage mode progression had been slightly stagnant. She had many obligations to balance out her time which could've been a partial cause, such as her students and family obligations. But never really had the chance to properly train up her transformation, and on the few chances she had used sage mode, it was powerful but it always felt the same.

She had been making progress towards finding her uncle which she figured the breakthrough and the satisfaction she felt would've made the process significantly easier, however despite the fact that everything was coming together and things in her life seemed to be on a relative upswing something wasn't right. She could feel something like something was on the horizon and she didn't know just how all of it would pan out. She thought back to the Chunin exams and how badly those events panned out for her, losing Kasumi, failing to demolish that white eyed bastard from Konoha and nearly failing out of the exams, she had thought so highly of herself and came up short and perhaps wondered would that happen again?

The only difference being that on the grand of a stage the consequence wouldn't just be embarrassment but disaster. She was always so confident so mentally impregnable but the constant doubts of others and the reminder of that failure only served to be the one thing that broke through her exterior she used to make a living on bravado but even that couldn't save her from reality one that she keeps telling herself she's prepared for but she isn't as certain as she thought she was. And she wasn't sublimating these feelings she was repressing them which was causing a regression in her training, creating a psychological barrier that was hindering her progress.

And with time being a factor she couldn't afford such mental distractions, she was trying not to let it manifest itself but avoiding it only caused frustration and while it was mild if left unchecked it could return to a distraught rage much like before. It had her pinned down and no matter how resilient she was she just couldn't kick out. As she stayed at the edge of the patio of the large tree house she and her students had built after a storm tore their old resident to pieces she would meditate on these feelings but was having a hard time keeping her composure to the point where she wasn't even able to mix any of her chakra it would seem the thoughts had already come to a head.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

463 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Mar 7, 2023 10:04:33 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Last Man StandingMar 8, 2023 7:34:51 GMT -5
NPCTICIAN
the best medicines always taste bitter.
NPCTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday 11/10 rank occupation

FUDO
A-RANK GORILLA SUMMON

The Gorilla Sage, young as she was, bore a heavy weight on her shoulders: a high military ranking, earned quickly and at a young age; the Sage mantle thrust upon her as abruptly as a turn in the weather; students clamoring for her attention and wisdom; and not least of all an uncle, still lost to the world beyond her country’s borders, a thorn that kept the deep wounding of her heart from healing over with time.

The Sage and her students had built a large treehouse, picturesque, with a beautiful view that Fudo enjoyed from time to time. It was here that the ape found the Sage on the patio… restless. Angry. She was trying to meditate, clearly, and clearly failing; the turmoil in her mind was potent, like an aura enveloping her form. She was in no risk of hurting herself yet, but she could be, if she tried to train in this state.

Light and agile on his feet, Fudo leapt to the railing of the patio and perched lightly there, crouching with feet and hands wrapped gently around the wooden beams to maintain his balance. Head tilted, the flames of his hair flickering idly behind, Fudo said, "Still your mind, Taki. Your balance is in chaos. What’s troubling you?”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 4 posts
Last Man StandingMar 8, 2023 9:32:18 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl continued to attempt and meditate on her feelings she’d find herself slightly exhausted from forcing the merger of chakra this was much to her detriment to try and continue on this path if it wasn’t getting her anywhere. But before she even had time to stand up to her feet, she’d be met by Fudo who would arrive quietly the jets of his fur bringing a warmth to the already humid environment. She would sigh as he asked his question, "What is dis a therapy session?” the girl would say as she got up and leaned over the railing of the patio looking out a tall waterfall in the forest.

"Honestly lots a tings…” the girl would say as recalled everything that was at the back of her mind. "I got a lot awn my plate…and I can’t sort through awl dhese thoughts…and doubts…” the girl would state her last words rather quietly she didn’t like to admit to a lack of confidence it was very much not Okada like even if showing vulnerability wasn’t.

"It’s been effectin my meditation and my progress.” if Fudo wanted answers he’d have to dig them out of her she didn’t want to wallow in her feelings but she was more so hoping that they’d just go away much like a young child would when faced with something they didn’t want to deal with. She was forced to grow up even faster than she would’ve liked but her emotional maturity in some ways was lagging behind.

She knew how she felt but didn’t want to talk about it, she wanted to run from it, she knew she shouldn’t but didn’t want to admit it because she felt that in doing so it would only cause her to focus on it. "I just wanna improve but I can't when I got awl dis crap goin on, like I just I can't tink straight." she'd say a hint of aggravation in her voice, not quite a shout but not quite a calm voice either. The girl was filled with a million micro aggressions so much so that her face didn’t know how to paint it her expressions were just as confused as her head was, anger, frustration, doubt and maybe some she wasn't even aware of, she could work a crowd but not through these emotions but if she wanted too she needed to talk about it.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

331 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Mar 8, 2023 9:38:18 GMT -5
Last Man StandingMay 16, 2023 22:00:52 GMT -5
NPCTICIAN
the best medicines always taste bitter.
NPCTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday 11/10 rank occupation

FUDO
A-RANK GORILLA SUMMON

In moments like this, it was easy to remember that the Sage, accomplished as she was, was still so young. Her frustration was palpable, the turmoil in her heart and mind plain to see.

"Your thoughts and doubts are affecting your meditation and progress because you allow them to,” Fudo said bluntly, his head tilting to the side as he considered Taki’s dilemma. She was obstinate, frustrated, clearly unwilling to talk about whatever hurts were weighing on her heart. "You should know better than most the importance of your mind-body connection. You’ll never be able to focus and train if you cannot take control of your emotions.”

And yet, he thought, someone who relied so heavily on physicality, and pushed her feelings away like something shameful to be cast aside… she would need a little extra work to find herself back in balance.

"Come,” he said, swinging down from the railing and to the forest floor below, into a clearing set aside for training. "Spar with me, fists and feet, and tell me what’s on your mind.”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 4 posts
Last Man StandingMay 17, 2023 21:19:00 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

The gorilla would mention that the girls thoughts and doubts were effecting her meditation and that they only fester because she allows them too, the girl would let out a sigh as she placed her hands into her pockets he would continue on stating how important her mind and body connection was supposed to be and that she can’t train if she doesn’t learn to control her emotions. "I know dat…but wit awl dat I’m feeling its a bit hard to let go of it awl…it usta be what kept me goin but now, I tink I’m lettin it get to me.” the girl would think to herself as she glanced to her teacher somewhat dismissively.

She knew all of this stuff already but she didn’t really know how to keep it all under wraps but this time it wasn’t just frustration it was doubt so much time had passed and she felt things were out of her control her anger making her anxious now as she felt that her efforts were more and more in vain with each passing day. He would gesture for her to follow him towards the forest floor, she’d nod.

"Yes Sir.” as the two of them made their way towards the ground the girl would keep her hands in her pockets a looser stance than normal, it was a new technique she was attempting to implore with the manner in how she fought it might seem a bit confusing if not dismissive to some but that was partially the point. Fudo as wise as he was might see through it, but if he didn’t that was perfect. For now she was expecting him to come charging towards her.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

273 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on May 17, 2023 21:20:27 GMT -5
Last Man StandingAug 19, 2023 17:08:54 GMT -5
Exousia
Kermit is the only frog you need.
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 30 years old birthday rank occupation NPC Mod
Fudo watched the girl with a calm, level eye, his face impassive as she followed him down to the forest floor and assumed a loose, almost disrespectful stance, hands still held in her pockets. It was nearly enough to make him angry with Taki- but unlike his troubled student, the gorilla’s mind was not clouded by the past, and he saw the slight twitch of her muscles that signaled she was far from the relaxed girl she appeared to be.

"Trying out a new stance?” He asked, granting Taki a rare smile as she slid his left leg back, raising his right arm while folding his left behind his back; a classic pose, albeit one not typically used by his race for fighting. She would recognize it though, from her own time training as a Shinobi. A balanced form, meant to be good in both offense and defense, but with a slight bent towards defending; clearly, Fudo wished the girl to be the initiator in their spar. Perhaps there was a reason for that. "Then allow me to show you something new as well. Attack, child. Hold nothing back. Fight me as you would an enemy- for I promise, I will do the same for you.”

has written 180 posts
Last Man StandingAug 19, 2023 17:24:37 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

The girl kept her hands in her pockets but it seemed like the old gorilla wasn't going to bite asking her to come to him. "Aww how am I s'posed to put dis ta use if ya don't attack me foist." she was a fool to think it was going to be that easy but none the less she'd take him up on his offer and begin to charge towards the gorilla, attempting to leap into the air and smash him with a precise strike to the sternum.

She'd been reading a few books on the subject of anatomy in an effort to try and maximize the potential of her her strikes she wasn't the best at it. But did her best to try and make it count, in doing so she'd send a charge of raiton through her boots in an effort to try and send some of that through his body in order to possibly prevent him from moving.

With Fudo's flaming jets trying to get her hands on him from behind was going to be rather difficult so she needed to use her head. Something Fudo might not be expecting or maybe that was apart of what she was trying to do in an effort to lift her confidence. Either way if the strike landed the girl would land on her feet and attempt a follow up rushing towards the gorilla and attempting to wrap her hands around his head and slam him into the ground provided he hadn't been knocked to the floor before hand.

So far so good.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

[NAME] Okada-ryū: Ryūsei Keri [Okada Style: Shooting Star Dropkick]
[RANK] D
[CHAKRA USAGE] Low
[CLASSIFICATION] Taijutsu
[ELEMENT] N/A
[PRE-REQUISITE]
[DESCRIPTION]

With this technique the user using their strength will leap into the air and raise up both feet and push forward into the opponents chest. This strike in particular has the potential to knock the wind out of the opponent as well as leave them short of breath for a few moments and could even knock them down. After performing the maneuver, if the strike successfully lands, the user kicks off of the chest of the opponent and is able to land on their feet.

EQUIPMENT USED:

Wrestling Gear

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

0000 WORDSTAGGEDSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Last Man StandingAug 19, 2023 20:20:45 GMT -5
Exousia
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
Taki’s pouting did the girl no favors, but Fudo said nothing, staring down at the child with a mixture of calm determination and focused intent. He was no longer in the mood for speaking much; now was the time to let his body talk for him, with the exchange of blows doing more to convey what needed saying than any words ever could. That was what humans missed so often in life, what the Okada girl was slowly coming to learn- the answers to her problems were right in front of her, so long as she calmed her mind and focused on the natural world that infused her very essence.

It came as no surprise that she chose to come straight in for a headlong attack, but it would also come as no surprise to the girl that he dodged it, slipping around her kick with a simple pivot to his left, her blow landing on nothing but air as he whipped his left from around his back in a rapid, straight strike to her sternum that utilized the Kasokudo technique to maximize its destructive force while minimizing the required distance it traveled through intense and instant acceleration.

Should the blow land, it would likely only knock the wind from her chest (she was remarkably tough for a human), but that was the point of it; a quick, sharp reminder that, for all she had grown, there was still much for her to learn, as a fighter and as a sage. How long it took her to recognize that, and to process the churning emotions that seethed within… well. That would be up to Taki.

Comat Info:
Fudo
Jutsu's Used: NAME: 側スタンス | Soba Sutansu [Side Stance]
COST: Insignificant
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
DESCRIPTION: Unlike many Martial Arts, Wing Chun never really uses an open and straight stance. Rather, they are almost always place at an angle to an opponent (nose-to-ear), allowing them the advantage in positioning. This allows them to face the opponent and attack but limits the opponent's ability to attack due to the angle. This stance is the foundation of Wing Chun and is ingrained into the practitioner's body. In order to truly master the martial art, they must root themselves into this stance and maintain it with accompanying footwork. The arms in this stance has one arm outstretched and one arm kept close to the chest so as to both attack and defend.

NAME: 加速度 | Kasokudo [Acceleration]
COST: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
DESCRIPTION: Wing Chun is not a strength driven Martial Art, though that is not to say it can't be used by one with strength. It is just not the central or focusing point of the art. Rather, it focuses on instantaneous and rapid acceleration, which ends up achieving the same results. Practitioners are taught to relax their body and keep their limbs at rest so that they can, at any moment, accelerate.

This allows them to deliver remarkably strong blows without wasting unnecessary stamina on maintaining high speeds or utilizing a lot of power. In many ways, Wing Chun is the difference between a sniper and a bazooka. While a Bazooka might have more firepower, a sniper is trained and focused on each shot.

To visualize this, Wing Chun is capable of punching straight through a boulder leaving only an arm/fist sized hole rather than causing the entire boulder to be destroyed. The focused aspect of the art allows them to be more precise in their blows. Higher leveled practitioners can coat their hands and fists in chakra to avoid damaging them and increase their durability.
has written 180 posts
Last Man StandingSept 30, 2023 9:41:20 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girls dropkick whiffed she'd find herself floating for a moment before Fudo practically knocked her out of the air with his strike that would cause her to roll over onto her back and slide on the ground eventually she'd stand up to her feet and notice the distance between the two.

With that the girl would once again try something a bit different crafting a series of handseals and attempting to create a barrier that would entrap the older gorilla, while leaving a small enough opening for his head. She wasn't as adept with Ninjutsu as others and for the most part would resort using abilities whose sole purpose was to entrap or ensnare the opponent to give herself the opportunity to strike.

If she managed to keep him held down long enough she'd then craft another few handseals using a wind style technique to try and break the cage open with a series of 6 concussive wind bursts to and smack the gorilla against the back of the stone wall, repeatedly no less.

She wasn't sure if she could catch him from afar so entrapment seemed to be her best option or so she would think. She too didn't say anything and simply focused on trying to fight her opponent, keeping herself calm and not letting herself get frustrated it was more progress than she had shown in many other cases prior.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

NAME: Doton: Tsuchi Kairō [Earth Release: Earth Corridor]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Doton
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
This technique causes the earth in the surrounding area to rise up and over a target and create a cavern, imprisoning the target. The user can leave an opening to allow attacks to go in to strike down the trapped adversaries, or close it up completely to prevent escape.

NAME: Fūton: Kūki no Dangan [Wind Release: Air Bullets]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Fūton
DESCRIPTION:
After the formation of the Bird hand seal, the Shinobi will knead chakra in their gut. From there, the chakra will be formed into one to six orbs. When expelled, these orbs move with enough concussive force to knock the wind out of its targets. With enough power to dent wood, a hit from one these bullets to the head is enough to render a man unconscious.

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

225 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Last Man StandingSept 30, 2023 18:24:13 GMT -5
Exousia
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
When Taki got back up, Fudo didn’t immediately attack; instead, he moved, running to his left on all fours, allowing the girl the few seconds she needed to form her hand seals, only to feel the earth shift beneath him. Instinct took over, flames pouring from the palms of his hands as he leapt up in forward handspring, utilizing the fire to propel himself over the rapidly rising earth before shifting the Katon chakra from his left to his back, allowing him to whirl out of the way of the Okada’s barrage of air bullets, though the first one did clip his shoulder, sending a shock of pain through his body.

As he flew, Fudo form a set of three hand seals, sucking in all the Katon chakra he had channeled through his arms and back and focusing it in his gut before expelling it out in a hail of small, wickedly fast fireballs that, while not individually powerful on their own, would collectively force Taki to find a way to either block or dodge them, as together they would amount to a substantial threat. "Katon: Housenka no Jutsu!”

If his attack went as planned, the gorilla would land safely a few meters from where he had been, rolling his shoulder in pain but not attacking further- this was, after all, a spar, not a battle… and Taki had some things she clearly wanted to work out.

Combat Info
Fudo
Jutsu Used:
Name: Housenka no Jutsu [Phoenix Sage Fire Technique]
Chakra Usage: Low
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: Katon
HANDSEALS: 3
Description: After performing the necessary handseals, the user expels a series of small fireballs, each one about the size of a kunai. This are fired in succession and in such numbers that it makes it difficult to dodge by simple means. They are light in form and so they can even be used to hide shuriken within them without being disturbed.
has written 180 posts