Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]

compose a reply
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 14, 2023 23:22:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 276 | notes

Miroru scampered into the village's main street from one of the side alleys, expertly dodging around carts and people, pausing for a moment as she turned to look behind her. Usually, she got a few friendly greetings, tolerant or amused with her antics, but today, not one. She was pretty sure she caught a few people giving her a dirty look, even. It'd been a long time since she'd legitimately caused anybody any trouble, and even back then, she'd never felt quite so...

... unwelcome.

Chewing on the inside of her lower lip, she did her best to be more unobtrusive, slipping along the edge of the road to the little bento shop she frequented when she couldn't get home for lunch, stepping inside to wave at the kindly lady who ran the place. "Hello, Oyama-sama! Can I get two lunches, please? One vegetarian?"

The older lady eyed Miroru a moment, then fetched a couple lunches and briskly stated the price, leaving the redhead blinking and- honestly, a little hurt. They were on good terms, she was sure of it. "Um... yes, here, ma'am. Thank you. I'll see you again."

No response. She just turned away.

Frowning to herself, Miroru slipped back out as fast as she could manage and retreated to the Uchiha compound. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad there. Momo's place was a good start. She could collect her cousin and they could go hide in Miroru's room and read or something.
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,177 posts
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 15, 2023 7:09:45 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
Dame
Uchiha
    Daredemo never really enjoyed staying here longer than she absolutely had to. Most days she would have already gone out to train. Maybe gone to the school to borrow some scrolls. Reading through the history of Konoha was a tedious task but it was always far better than having to remain in this house. But, when the girl had attempted to leave this morning her parents informed her she was actually to help at the shrine today. Her mother was going to be busy in the village, her father... well it had always been a woman's job to take care of the shrine, so he never did. 

Daredemo's mother had been a Miko at the Uchiha shrine for a long time, and Demo had always been meant to take over some of those duties, even if the girl preferred to focus on her shinobi work. While most in the Uchiha compound had their proper homes, Daredemo's family had lived on the shrine grounds for generations now. A basement floor below the shrine proper saw a surprisingly spacious home, and yet it still felt so cramped. Especially with her father remaining here.

As Daredemo walked past his room, she could hear the distinctive sounds of glasses being opened, liquid being poured. At least he was drinking alone, it was a lot less frustrating when she didn't have to see him. The girl would just go upstairs to begin the tasks on the list, most of it just being cleaning around the house.

The young girl spent hours maticulously cleaning, dragging herself into high noon before getting to the small room behind the main shrine that hosted the families Butsudan. There were plenty of places that she was told to clean, but Demo had still run out of excuses to avoid entering this room. She was to clean the room itself, but she wasn't exactly allowed to clean the shrine itself, but her eyes still glanced over the shrine over and over as she focused not on the small statues and religious iconography, but rather to the more personal aspects of the shrine, especially the simple black and white katana that sat at the base, with a picture of her late brother sat behind it. Daredemo's attention had almost been entirely enraptured by the shrine before she heard the ringing of bells that announced the arrival of a new guest to the shrine.

When Daredemo reached the front of the shrine to greet, Miroru would be seeing the girl in a style of dress she was rarely found in. A far more traditional style that Demo had always recieved compliments for, but absolutely despised. She looked like a traditional Miko with Uchiha aesthetics. The traditional red hikama pants with a pure white Kusode. The Kusode having the Uchiha Clan Symbol on either side of the chest. Keeping the traditional look together, Daredemo's hair was tied up with red ribbons. Upon seeing who it was that was going to see her in this outfit Demo's cheeks immediately begin to glow as red as her pleated pants. Daredemo spun 180 degrees, looking down at the floor before finally speaking, "Welcome. Please remove your shoes before entering. I need to clean, but if you need any help please ask." Demo hoped she was just here to use the shrine, the less she had to be seen in this outfit the better. 
Tuturu has written 209 posts
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 15, 2023 21:53:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 263 | notes
Miroru's eyes lit up to spot Dare in one of her favorite outfits to wear personally, chirping happily, "Oh, wow! You look really-" She cut off, though, at the response she got, trying to parse it as Dare spun immediately and stared at the floor. She quickly shed her shoes, thinking it through. Why did this bother her so much? Miroru had loved wearing her Miko outfit, cobbled together as it was. It'd always helped her feel-

More like herself.

She blinked, winced, let the sentence die, and responded to Dare's comment instead. "I'd be happy to help clean if that's permitted. And if not, I'm happy to wait outside after I pray until you're finished. It's you I came to see and I don't wanna be a bother. You seem kinda uncomfortable, you know?" She didn't sound hurt- it was clear she didn't think SHE was making Dare uncomfortable. Hopefully it'd help her cousin feel a little bit seen. "How's the day been so far? Not too busy? You can clean while I make small talk, by the by. It won't bother me at all, Itsuki-kun and I chat while we clean all the time."

Even as she spoke, the subtlest flow of chakra continued to flow off her. It'd be really easy to be annoyed at her with the Old Fox sabotaging things the way it was right now.

MISSIONS
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 15, 2023 22:37:08 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo
Uchiha
    It was no surprise to Daredemo that Miroru was cordial in following the rules of the shrine. The girl had always been a kind spirit, and while Daredemo was rarely here in the shrine she had certainly seen the respect Miroru had for ceremony. She even recalled seeing Miroru in a Miko outfit of her own once upon a time. The red head also seemed much more comfortable in the outfit than Daredemo had ever been. Just the thought of someone that actually mattered to her seeing her in this frilly little outfit was embarrassing. The girl had gotten into wearing loose jackets and deep blacks almost explicitly to avoid looking like this around her peers.

Daredemo had to know that a member of the Uchiha clan would see her in an outfit like this at some point though. No matter how little the girl was here, she still had days like this where she had to be, so it was impossible to escape the risk. Why did it have to be today though? 

"I guess you can stay with me. Be respectful though, my dad is still here, and technically I'm not supposed to have guests. But you're just gonna be in the shrine area, so it should be fine," Daredemo didn't really care who her dad wanted around, but he was always fairly controlling over who the girl was supposed to interact with. At least when she was "under his roof". But, as Daredemo said, his roof was technically below the two of them for now. So Daredemo would lead Miroru to follow her to the more private room of the shrine with her families personal Batsudan. It was a fairly simple room with the only places to sit being in front of the Batsudan cabinet itself, which sat on a raised platform in the center of the room. Miroru would have likely seen Dare's brother before, he had been a well respected shinobi for his age, and seeing his picture sat right above the katana would have made it's significance readily apparent. 

Daredemo would simply go about cleaning, keeping her back turned to Miroru as much as possible so she could hide her blushing face.
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 15, 2023 22:58:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 287 | notes
Miroru was, in fact, a stickler for ceremony- so much so it influenced her inner world. Whenever she faced the Old Fox, she did it in ceremonial Miko clothing. It felt like armor to her. Reinforcing who she was in so many ways. She had even been sketching ideas to incorporate the outfit into a field functional uniform for herself!

She followed all the appropriate ritual to approach the shrine, and pulled some memorial incense from her bag before she set it outside the shrine, moving to put a little offering of incense at each of the places in the clan shrine- including Dare's brothers, last of all, due to his significance to those present. Then she lit them in the reverse order, giving the gift of the incense's smoke to Dare's brother first of all. Then- only then, while Momo cleaned, did she pray silently.

Or try.

She hates that you're here, you know.

No, she's uncomfortable in those clothes. I can tell.

It's you that she's uncomfortable around. She's sharp. She might even know I'm here.

I don't think so. If she did, she'd be supportive, not dismissive. She's just feeling not herself.

Foolish child. You need to guard yourself better against others.

You'll learn eventually.

"Hey, Dare-san?" Miroru asked as she finished her prayer, and her little internal debate. "What do you think about us getting you a set of shōzoku to wear on duty? I think you'd be particularly handsome waving around a shaku to keep all the visitors in line!"

MISSIONS
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 15, 2023 23:42:01 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo
Uchiha
    The amount of care that Miroru seemed to have for Daredemo's family shrine was heartwarming. Even if Daredemo wasn't watching as closely as she, in all fairness, should have been, the girl did sneak the glances that she could, and quietly observed Miroru's rituals. It was almost peaceful. It was so unusual seeing someone actually so interested in the ceremony of the shrine. Daredemo had long since lost her love for the work that went into the shrine, and her father's work as a priest had fallen. Daredemo could tell it was her brothers death that had lead to the sharp decline in her fathers care for the shrine, but she couldn't really forgive him for that either. In a lot of ways, his lack of care had bled over to her, but Daredemo rarely liked to dwell on the parts of her personality that bore any resemblance to the drunken bastard she called 'dad'.

Just as Daredemo's mind was about to delve into that pit of self pity and hatred, Miroru asked her a question that snapped Dare out of the daze. The use of the term handsome leading to an audible squeal of joy that Dare quickly surpressed before shaking her head. "N-no..." the girl paused, as if saying these words caused her physical pain, "My father is still the priest of this shrine. He's made it very clear that my role here is as a Miko. It... wouldn't be proper for me to wear the garb of a priest."

'Even if I could do the job ten times better than him.' Dare made sure never to let comments like that slip out loud. Not again anyways. Her father hadn't taken it well last time she made a complaint like that. "Thank you for the compliment though. If it helps, you look much better in Kosode than I ever have." 
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 15, 2023 23:54:58 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 319 | notes
It was easy to show care for Dare's family. Dare herself was important to Miroru, and she herself adored their entire clan as family, never mind how genetically distanced most of them really were. She knew the ache Dare felt for her brother's absence, too, and she hoped her respect and attention could help soften that spike inside her heart, just a little.

BINGO. Miroru noted that absolutely joyous squeal and grinned to herself, gracing Dare with an escape from the smile as she replied. "Mm... I'm not sure about that. I understand what you're saying, but I think... I think the spirits care most about our sincerity in our adherence to these rituals and traditions. And while you're certainly being sincere in your service to the shrine... sometimes I feel like the roles you show that sincerity through don't quite match how you see yourself. I don't know for sure, of course- I'm not Itsuki-kun, I can't read minds- but I know how much it bothered me to get sent to the academy in a boy's uniform every day, and how much better I felt the first day I wore a skirt instead. So maybe it'd be worth trying sometime. Because in the end, if you're a more sincere version of yourself wearing the shōzoku rather than a kosode and hakama... I can't imagine the spirits looking down on you bringing your most sincere self to serve them."

Miroru shrugged, making sure to leave Dare an out. "Buuuuuuut that's just what I think, based on my experiences. It doesn't mean they're the same ones you'll have. But sometimes considering options can make things better, even if we decide to keep things the same in the end!"

MISSIONS
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 16, 2023 20:40:44 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo
Uchiha
    What Miroru was saying meant a lot to Daredemo. She hadn't really heard actual care to her comfort like this before,  not here in the shrine. The guests never seemed to really pay much attention to her, and if they did it was to call her cute or adorable in her outfit. Her father had certainly never been of any help. Signs of discomfort or irritation were met with guilt trips and stories about her 'far superior' older brother. But at the end of the day, it wasn't like her father was actually maintaining his duties as priest. She couldn't even remember the last time he had overseen any of the ceremonies.

"Thank you Miroru," Daredemo sighed and walked over to her, taking the empty spot next to her and kneeling in front of the Batsudan with her. "At the end of the day though, the spirits know that I'm sincere. It's not them I worry about," it quickly appeared as if Daredemo was forcefully stopping herself from continuing with that line of thought, instead turning her attention to the shrine and bowing her head, clasping her head together and giving a small prayer towards her brothers spirit. A prayer wishing for his ease in the world after. Daredemo had never been sure if he deserved it, if she deserved it, if any shinobi truly did, but she'd send out the prayer regardless. 

As she opened her eyes, however, they focused in on his blade. Something she held deeply in her heart. "You know... he was actually in the process of getting a new blade made for himself. He was going to give me this one... before he passed. So my parents decided it be better to honor his memory by adding his blade to the shrine. I remember I cried for hours that day. I was such a baby. Making his funeral about me. About a dumb sword." 
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 16, 2023 21:10:10 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 273 | notes

Miroru shifted a little bit as Dare knelt down beside her- not making room, but eliminating it, nudging her knee into the other's gently. Discrete contact and support without interference. "I think you're right- but it's really hard for me to accept the idea of bending to fit someone else's idea of who I should be. I-" She bites the inside of her lip. "I get enough of that from the elder's total dismissal of me as a low-use pawn. I know you know your situation better than me, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, it's- just why I didn't suggest the obvious option of keeping your head down."

She listened, too, as Dare spoke of the blade and it's importance to her. She shook her head slowly, fluffy red hair wobbling as she did. "I... don't think it's dumb. That was something he intended for you. Something that would have been a comfort and reassurance to you in a way it isn't for anyone else. That specific blade didn't mean the same things to your parents. They could have put up the bokken he practiced with as a child, for instance."

She's quiet a long moment. "I don't think you were wrong to feel like they were discarding the importance of your feelings in such a hard time. It doesn't sound like they were there for you very much back then."

MISSIONS
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 20, 2023 10:23:10 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo
Uchiha
    Daredemo's face grew flush once again as she felt Miroru scooting closer to her. It didn't help that she was talking about something so intimate. Something that Daredemo rarely, if ever, thought of. It made things a lot more stressful when she fought against it. It was best to just except her role as a Miko and deal with it until she was strong enough to live on her own. What was Daredemo going to do about it for now? She couldn't say for sure, but keeping her head down had been working so far, and the girl didn't see too many reasons to change course.

But through all of this, Miroru was still making her happier. She was learning so much a girl that she had for a long time hated. It wasn't fair of her to do that, not to someone who was clearly going through so much. Daredemo didn't understand everything in life, but she understood the concept of hardship and struggle. She understood what it was like to feel unwanted, to feel lesser. The way the elders made Miroru feel, Daredemo had felt it at the hands of her own parents. But at least she had had her brother. Miroru could have her now. 

Daredemo didn't fully understand the emotions going through her head, but she understood what was making her heart flutter. She understood that Miroru made her happy. And the girl leaned closer to Miroru. Her eyes closed, almost as if she was scared to see the reaction. She could feel her heart beating in her throat as her lips parted.

And the sound of shattering glass filled the sanctuary. 

Daredemo jumped back. The moment was gone, ruined once she heard a familiar voice screaming an unfortunately familiar name. "Dame!" her fathers voice pierced every corner of the temple, "come clean up this god damn mess," even from this distance, the slurring of words was readily apparent as Daredemo quickly shook her head and rose out of her kneeling position. "I'm so sorry," what the girl was apologizing for specifically was unclear, "I should... go see what that's about."
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 20, 2023 22:49:26 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 234 | notes
Momo didn't need her eyes open to be aware of Miroru's reaction. She leaned nearer, and there was just... warmth. An arm curled around her side. Melted against it, palm tucked into the small of her waist, helping her ease closer.

Daredemo fit there. Right against Miroru's side- just so.

Lips parted, and Miroru spoke in the quietest, breathy little voice. "Dar-"

"DAME!"

The fragile spun glass of the moment crashed down in pieces as Dare jumped and Miroru's hackles SHOT up, pupils constricting almost vertical for a split second as the truth of the voice poured into her. The Old Fox made sure she could pick up every ounce of scorn, careless dismissal, the casual use of demanding his child, his property, clean up HIS mess. She felt her nails quiver and closed her eyes, pushing it all down, squashing it. Not now. Not here. Not again.

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault he ruined it." Subtle, but confirmation. The moment mattered to her, too. As did its loss. "Are- you... going to be okay? He sounds..." Sloshed. She doesn't say it. She just pivots, an odd twist as she goes to her feet in a single movement. "I'll come with you."

MISSIONS
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 21, 2023 7:50:51 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo
Uchiha
    The last few moments had felt like they were moving in slow motion. Daredemo could feel the warmth radiating from the two of them, she could feel Miroru's arm wrapping around her. It was as if the entire world slowed to oblige Daredemo this one moment, and yet something else had conspired to interrupt and ruin it. And part of Daredemo took it as a sign. Not to let herself be opened like that. Her face was still a bright red, she could feel the intense heat of her blushing cheeks. So much she was trying to avoid thinking about what happened, and so while she did steal a glance back at Miroru, she quickly hid her face once again.

Daredemo wanted little more than to stare into her eyes. She had been looking right into them, and... had something been wrong with Miroru's eyes? Daredemo looked back at her, into her eyes once again, and they seemed normal. Beautiful. Daredemo got lost in her eyes, and didn't realize for a few seconds that she had been staring. Finally, she began to respond to Miroru as she watched the girl stand up, asking to follow Daredemo to whatever state of drunken stupor her dad had found himself in.

"Miroru," Daredemo wanted to tell her not to come, to protect herself from her fathers hatred. Daredemo wanted to protect her from her father, but there was another part of Daredemo. A part of her that first knew how stubborn Miroru could be when she had put her mind to something. Their entire friendship had mostly been based on Miroru's unwillingness to stop bothering Daredemo after all. More importantly, there was a part of Daredemo that thought she might not be able to deal with her dad right now. Maybe, for once, Daredemo was going to allow herself to be protected.

The girl shook her head and started walking back to the entrance to their home proper, underneath the temple. "Just... I'm sorry," this time Dare did know what she was apologizing for. As the girl opened the door to her house the smell of Sake filled the air. There was little chance it was solely because of the spill. He had likely been drinking quite a bit by now. 

"Dame!" her father once again barked, causing Daredemo to look over to the source. He sat with their back to them, barely holding himself over what would traditionally be the dinner table, though Daredemo can't remember the last meal they had there together. She saw the mess next to him, 2 bottles, one had been full, Daredemo could see the cork still in the now shattered neck. The other had likely been mostly drank based on how much Sake covered the floor. Daredemo was increasingly saddened by the fact she could eyeball the amount of spilled liquor. She decided to avoid stating that out loud, she didn't need Miroru to worry anymore than she already clearly was. 

"Clean this shit up, and grab me another bottle while you're down here." 

"Father," Daredemo's tone had completely changed. Gone was the content, often cocky tone Daredemo carried. There was only a scared child, pleading with her father, "Since mom's not here, is it not more important I look after the-" 

"why are you talking and not cleaning." 
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 21, 2023 16:19:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 527 | notes

If nothing else came across, Miroru's equal adoration of that brief moment is reflected in her notable upset at its interruption- and further at the tone used to deliver it. She paused only when Daredemo said her name, holding her gaze evenly- and then she apologized, and Miroru stated simply, "It's okay. I'll be here for you."

And then they descended.

Miroru's nose wrinkled at the sharp scent of alcohol. Clean- sake was nothing if not a clean taste, as long as it was GOOD sake- but still. Astringent. Overpowering when spilled. She withheld judgment as best she could, but-

Heheheh. Your little friend has been lying to you. Hiding things. Painting a pretty gray picture over black tar to protect... I wonder who~? Herself? You?

THAT thing~? Maybe we'll find out together, child.

The conversation snapped as Daredemo's father did, and Miroru's hackles spiked again. The Fox grinned inside her. He could use this. She didn't hate for herself.

But oh, did the fiery little redhead hate for OTHERS.

And Mikki could be just- EVER so tricky when she wanted.

She rested a hand on Daredemo's shoulder. 'Stay here', it said. 'I know what I'm doing', her look said. And then she moved to kneel and start collecting shards of porcelain in her stead.

"Because your judgment is impaired, Oji-sama." One had to essentially climb the entire family tree to get all the way back to the connection that left them related. Really, he'd be a cousin, but calling him uncle lent respect to the term. Miroru was carefully cutting away everything he could object to besides the truth. No disrespect; his orders followed; and no punches pulled in her words. "Your posture is unstable already, and I'm sure you wouldn't be treating your child with such unnecessary disrespect for simply attempting to ascertain whether you really wanted sake soaked into that nicely pressed hakama, so I think it's safe to say you're already inebriated. And it's your home, that's not a problem, but it -is- the answer to your question, Oji-sama." She picked up shard after shard as she spoke, quick hands making quick work of the sharp porcelain bits. "But don't worry. I'm not wearing any ceremonial clothing, so I'm happy to clean up the mess. It's important to keep the home clean, but let's have someone not in sacred garb handle such a messy task."

She looked back at Daredemo, skipping her name to avoid conflict over which name to use. "Where can I put the porcelain pieces? And could I have something to sop up the sake, and some warm soapy water with a rag to wipe it down with afterwards?"

Was there a significant chance her father would lose his temper on someone else's child?

Absolutely.

Had Miroru ensured he would have absolutely no excuse for having done so?

Yes.

Was the Old Fox loving every second of this?

But of course.

MISSIONS
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 22, 2023 19:18:28 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo
Uchiha
    Daredemo had felt incredibly disappointed by the fact that she was putting Miroru through this. She didn't deserve to see this part of her life. No one did. It was a part that Daredemo had always kept away from the prying eyes of others. It was something she regularly found herself ashamed of. But when she felt Miroru's hand on her shoulder, when she looked in her eyes again, she just had so much authority. So much power behind a simple look. A face that truly told Demo that se was safe and protected, that Miroru wouldn't let anything bad happen to her.

How Miroru had so much confidence was beyond Daredemo. 

In a lot of ways it seemed if her father was more confused than he was angry. The full brunt of what was transpiring didn't seem to hit him as he simply tried to place the face of this girl. Miroru was well known at least, so it didn't take long for her face to be recognized. But the confusion had already generated a lot of time, and Miroru had more than enough of that precious resource to pick all the pieces of porcelain of the ground. Daredemo nodded her head at her request. "O-oh of course. there's a trash bin right here next to the counter in the kitchen, I'll get a rag for you." 

Daredemo started to go about her plan of attack, going to the kitchen and grabbing a small bucket kept under the sink, placing it in the sink before pouring some cleaning liquid into the bucket and turning the water on. It would become plenty warm before it had entirely filled, and the time it would take to fill gave Demo plenty of time to head to a hall closet and grab a small rag. The frantic nature of the scenario had finally been fully grasped by her father however. 

"Dame!" he spilled out the name, "I didn't say you could have guests over." 

"I-i know father. She just happened to be visiting the temple when you had called me," not technically a lie. Just stretching the truth for a movement. 

"That doesn't mean this disrespectful little brat can come in here and do your job," he finally actually turned his attention to the girl and growled his own discontent at her out, "Didn't your parents ever teach you to respect your elders?"
Darker Days [Miroru/Daredemo]Mar 22, 2023 22:22:59 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 300 | notes
It helped a lot to know that of the two outcomes Miroru could see, both got her what she wanted. Either he let her help his child, or he went off on somebody else's- for doing nothing but clean up a mess at his house and state simple facts respectfully.

She worked with Daredemo to resolve the mess in record time. Shards into the trash, then back onto her knees with the soapy water and rag to mop up and clean the floor.

"I apologize for the intrustion. We heard something break, and wanted to be sure everything was alright." Accurate- but two separate statements. They heard the breaking porcelain- and she had come along to ensure everything would be okay. "You're an Uchiha as well, after all, Oji-sama- it's really no trouble to be of assistance."

He kept going, though, but so did Miroru- cleaning up the last of the mess and responding while she did. "I don't believe I've said anything disrespectful or used anything but a respectful tone, Oji-sama. You asked a question, and I helped answer it. You needed something done, and I made sure your child didn't sully those pristine garments by doing it myself. I'v shown nothing but respect for you, the clan shrine, and your home- by providing answers you asked for, allowing the shrine's caretaker to avoid sullying their uniform, and by cleaning up your floor on my hands and knees." She finished, and set aside the rag, looking up at him calmly.

"If you can explain what disrespect I've shown, I'd be happy to apologize for it, Oji-sama."

MISSIONS