Nice Tea See You Again

compose a reply
Nice Tea See You AgainMar 22, 2023 2:15:27 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Rooibos

As much as Azarea was loath to admit it there was nothing quite as good as Hi no Kuni tea other then maybe tea straight from the Land of Tea from which most of Konoha's was imported. The short trip keeping the goods fresh and well preserved and it showed from the delicious scent slowly wafting up from the Kumo nin's tea cup as she savored a fruity rooibos tea. Savoring the taste as she sampled a few seasonal wagashi. Not the best combination with her already sweet tea, but her Kikiachu were quite fond of the taste and Azarea herself admittedly had a bit of a sweet tooth. The woman relaxing back into her seat eyes half lidded when she felt a familiar chakra field brush against her own. The genin's eyes fluttering open as she glanced towards the door just in time to see a familiar blonde pony tail belonging to one Yamanaka Tomomi walk in.

"Ah Tomomi-san," She calls out in greeting lifting a hand to wave him over, "Long time no see. Care to join me?" Azarea offers gesturing to the empty chair across from her.

"It's my treat," The Kunoichi adds as in her mind covering his meal was the least she could do for teaching her a technique that had gone on to save countless lives in Kaminari no Kuni including her own.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Nice Tea See You AgainMar 22, 2023 2:31:06 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Tomomi's days started early and were incredibly long. It was rare that he would find a moment to take a break, but when he did, it often involved stopping for a spot of tea. There was something meditative about drinking tea. It brought on a calm and re-centered the mind, preparing him for his next phase of intensive work. The caffeine probably helped, too.

There were many good places to stop within Konoha proper, but there were also many fantastic tea houses in the areas surrounding the hidden village. He found himself passing one on his way back towards the village, after having been on a brief investigation trailing away from the walls of the village (there had been a contraband problem of late, one him and Urikohime had begun to delve into weeding out), and decided to stop in for a pick-me-up before returning to the office.

Upon entering, he was greeted by Azarea, the Kumo(/Konoha) shinobi he had met for a mission dealing with a small pirate problem. She invited him to her table and he came to join her.

"Hello, Azarea-san," he greeted back, giving her a shallow bow before he took his seat. "It's a surprise to see you here," though not really - her chakra signature hadn't registered as odd. "I suppose you must be here for another of our villages' joint missions. I hope your partner is as pleasant to work with as you are. How have you been fairing?"

Cocoa has written 693 posts
Nice Tea See You AgainMar 22, 2023 2:45:01 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Matcha

"I've been doing well. I just finished up a job with Hyuuga Asuka and some training with Miroru and thought I'd take a break to recuperate." She explains her smile gentling and the sharp white of her chakra signature softening, "The medics have been fussing at me for pushing myself too much so I thought with the final round of the exams just around the corner I would take a little break." Azarea adds as she pushes her plate of treats forward to share and waves down a hostess to order more for the table and so Tomomi can put in his own order. The sweets small, tasty, and seasonal. Cutting the bitterness of matcha and other darker teas nicely in a complimentary contrast.

"How about yourself? You're looking about how I feel of late. Has the village been working you hard?" She inquires with a tilt of her head as she glances the man over. A subtle brush of chakra... it's frequency familiar, washing over the Yamanaka as Azarea takes in his condition with a touch of concern. Though her smile soon shifts to one of amusement and just a touch of pride knowing Tomomi will doubtless pick up on the trick and it's implications.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Nice Tea See You AgainMar 22, 2023 12:36:50 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

On break from the exams and still working. Tomomi couldn't really judge - he knows that if his exams had had a break like that in the middle, he probably would've jumped right back to missions as well.

"A good idea. You want to make sure you're in proper condition for the next round. The third isn't always the most brutal... but it often is." Tomomi was only a little surprised to learn that the second round had been the one pitting the shinobi against each other. Iwagakure must have wanted to thin the herd early for whatever was to come next.

Then Azarea waved down the hostess and Tomomi was given a moment to order. He decided on black tea for today. He usually preferred something a little less strong, but he needed the extra boost - something which Azarea could perhaps pick up on, given that she then commented on how tired he seemed. He laughed and grabbed one of the sweets, taking a second to enjoy that before replying.

In that second, he could feel the creep of chakra. Azarea's chakra signature diffusing, making contact with their own. Another sensor's outreach, but very particular, assessing Tomomi's own chakra signature.

Tomomi's chakra signature was a calm teal, and incredibly steady. Almost eerily so, even. Even when they realized what she was doing and seemed amused, it fluctuated very little. This was, perhaps, revealing to something about Tomomi's nature - the emotions on their face weren't necessarily honest to their internal experience. Many of Tomomi's emotions were "overacted." Internally, there was mostly an unflinching neutrality. (Or maybe Azarea could interpret the opposite - that they were so good at controlling their chakra signature that it didn't reflect their true emotions. It was really down to personal belief).

"I'm always working hard,"
Tomomi confirmed, tone slightly bemused. "Chuunin Exam season has me writing twice as many reports as usual, naturally. Especially with this extended break and our genin coming back to Konoha for missions. I've also been on a few investigations of late. I see you've been hard at work, too, though - that's quite the skill to pick up in such a short time. Emotional reading and all. You're a quick learner."

Nice Tea See You AgainMay 6, 2023 23:52:45 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Oolong

Azarea prods curiously at Tomomi's chakra as the girl slowly tilts her head. Examining the Yamanaka before her with open interest and carefully controlled excitement. "I like to be prepared," She admits with an incline of her head. "I know many genin favor training over missions to get ready for the Chuunin exams, but fighting another living being out to hurt you is different then sparring with an ally." Azarea explains as she takes a slow sip of her tea. Tomomi's compliment catching her slightly off guard as she gives the man a real genuine smile. Her cheeks dusting pink.

"Thank you. I've put a lot of work into it. Your own skill is quite impressive," She murmurs squinting a bit at the tired man. "Are you... using the ability to mimic others signature to project and artificial signature of calm?" Azarea theorizes, infinitely curious of how the man was managing this. "I've not yet mastered the skill yet, but I want to apprentice to the War Council after the exams. The Minds Eye is good for diplomacy."

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Nice Tea See You AgainMay 7, 2023 1:16:41 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Azarea inquired if he was utilizing mimicry to project an artificial calm. They had such an ability, but it wasn't one they utilized in their day-to-day life. It was better as something to fully complete a transformation technique, or to blend in with a crowd even more thoroughly. Especially skilled sensors could utilize chakra signatures to make guesses about things like clans (though there was rarely much certainty), so obfuscating that could be a useful tool, as well as masking emotions through regulation.

Tomomi's smile grew slightly, but he adopted a mildly confused tone as he answered,

"I don't think anything you're feeling right now is artificial." He'd leave that one to Azarea's interpretation.

"These sensory skills are fairly good for diplomacy, though. Being able to interpret intentions through chakra fluctuations... I can mimic chakra signatures when I want, however."

In demonstration, Tomomi formed a few hand seals. Their chakra signature shifted, taking on the shape and nature of Azarea's own. To a sensor, the two would suddenly be indistinguishable. He wondered if it would be strange to sense one's own chakra - if Azarea would even be able to recognize it instantly for how odd it might be.

"If you have any questions about the technique, I would be happy to answer," he said. The conversation was briefly interrupted by his tea being delivered. He thanked the server with a slight bow of his head before taking it to gratefully drink.

Nice Tea See You AgainMay 8, 2023 5:41:28 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Mirror Image

"So you never feel anything, but calm?" Azarea questioned with an arch of her brow and a curious tilt of her head. If it wasn't a result of the Mindseye then perhaps it was something to do with being Yamanaka. The mind was their playground and it wouldn't be too beyond the pale to consider that Tomomi had perhaps developed a jutsu to allow himself to surpress his own emotions or at least his body and chakra's expression of them. Leaving Azarea rather thoughtful as she leaned aback in her chair observing the man before her as she continued to sip her tea. Only pausing to nibble a bit at her snacks.

Though as he formed the seals and shifted his chakra to a new signature all together that gave the young woman real pause. There was something eerie about it. Like seeing your own face in a dusty mirror in an empty room. You recognize the shape, but the situation is so foreign as to bring unease.

"Is that what I feel like?" She murmurs curious as she traces the false shape of her own chakra. The color a pale silvery white steel shot through with scarlet red like fresh blood on the edge of a well honed blade and carrying the scent of petrichor and iron. Her signature singing like the steady rhythmic rasp of a kunai on a whetstone. Familiar and reassuring as the fit of a well worn weapon brought to hand or the weight of a Hitai-ate on their forehead. Needle like in it's sharpness, and pointed as senbon riddling ones skin, cold driving rain, and tingling nerves just on the edge of going numb. Wary, but not unkind. It reminded her too much of Toshizou's as she frowned brow furrowing.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Nice Tea See You AgainMay 8, 2023 11:40:07 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

It was less that she never felt anything but calm and more so that that was her most common emotion. Training to keep composure under duress had made well sure that she was incredibly emotionally consistent and didn't give away her feelings too readily. She could get worked up on occasion - mostly on missions directly related to her pride as a member of the barrier corps. And like anyone else, she was susceptible to being startled, though it took a little more for her than for most.

She wouldn't answer the first question, since Azarea had asked her another. Right now, the subject of Azarea's chakra signature as well as the subject of mimicking others was the most important thing.

"That is what your signature feels like," he answered affirmatively. She had a very interesting one, in that it was strongly familiar in ways he felt difficult to quite put his finger on. There was that experience sensor trouble. He knew he'd felt like signatures somewhere before, but it was extremely unlikely he could pinpoint what they were without many comparisons available.

Tomomi shifted the signature slightly, subtly, capturing the minutia of her own slightly unsettled feeling. It made the signature a fraction of a percent pricklier.

"It's strange to have your own signature reflected back at you. Though in the end, once you know how to analyze a signature, it's not that difficult to emulate one."