Not My Color

compose a reply
Not My ColorMar 24, 2023 2:36:05 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
Today is a weekend and a rare day when the cafe/restaurant that the Gurē elderly couple run was closed, this meant that An was free for the whole day and what better way to spend a free day than learn some new jutsu, which is exactly what the young light-haired girl had planned to do today.
[break][break]
An had recently discovered an intriguing technique for changing one's hair color. Obviously, the young shinobi thought this might be useful to know; being able to conceal her hair color could be extremely useful on a mission. Unfortunately for the girl, no one around her could teach her the skill, as such seeing how much the youngling wanted to learn it, her grandparents decided to hire her a private tutor, specifically for this skill.
[break][break]

[break][break]
The arranged time was somewhere between the usual breakfast time and noon. She would wait for her tutor in the front garden, which has a small table, two chairs, and a red-colored parasol placed over them, right next to the stream that runs along the house. An placed a couple of yunomi cups filled with refreshing iced green tea on the table, just in case her teacher for the day would be thirsty after their journey.
[break][break]
共生遺伝学| Kyōsei Iden-Gaku [lit.Symbiotic Genetics]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter.
[break]
[Everything is directly determined by the clan member's rank and skill.]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 207
[break]

[break]
[1/6]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Gurē An on Apr 18, 2023 6:22:37 GMT -5
Yofie has written 346 posts
Not My ColorApr 4, 2023 13:13:32 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Ikana had been relatively busy, but she was becoming a better person and human being. As far as she was concerned. She'd tried to be a bigger part of her community. Tried to help others if she could afford it. Now, she was trying her had at investing into the future. Kind of sort of. Being a private tutor for another person was something that made her head spin. To some extent. After all, she was a kid herself, and while she was talented in a variety of jutsu, so much so that one might look at her with fascination at her skill, she felt she'd plateaud. Approaching an almost serene and idyllic house, it made Ikana's eyes widen to an extent.

It was a good home and it contrasted heavily from Ikana's own small apartment. Blink. Blink. Slowly stepping forward, she unwrapped a dark blue scarf which she wrapped around her arm. "Ohayo." Raising a hand, she waves out to the girl resting on the seeming porch. "Are you Gure An?" She found herself gazing at the almost angelic figure before her. Assuming she confirmed, she came forth, making sure she looked presentable for the moment, looking at her reflection from the water's stream. Making sure she didn't in fact sprout a second head, or break out in zits or something, she bows her head politely.

"My name is Kyobona Ikana. I'll be your private tutor starting today. Your family had asked me to help you excel in your classes. I'm well versed in ninjutsu, fuinjutsu, kenjutsu, and a few other skills. I'm a jack of all trades." That said, she came forth to seat herself along one of the seats." It was odd how she had met the elderly couple, having heard good things about their store, she'd come for a meal and refreshment. One thing lead to another between business individuals, and here she was. Slowly performing a short handseal sequence, she allowed her hair to change. Changing into a silky white hair color with a high ponytail. A slightly elongated bang that extended over her cheek.

"The hair transformation technique. You wanted to learn this one right?" 
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Apr 18, 2023 8:18:28 GMT -5
dandead10 has written 642 posts
Not My ColorApr 18, 2023 6:24:39 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

As the young girl sipped her tea and relaxed, her instructor for the day arrived - a young girl with brown hair and eyes and a light skin tone, probably a few years older than her, who gave out a very pleasant vibe. An's face lit up the instant she saw her, and she set down her cup of tea and rose up from her chair to welcome the elder girl in return, "Good morning! That would be me." She followed the other as they sat on their prospective wooden chair after exchanging greetings. "Please have some iced tea," she gestured at the cup that was placed on the other side of the table, "but if you would like something else I can bring that,” she continued, ready to bring anything else the girl would like, in case iced green tea was not her cup of tea.
[break][break]
The young Gurē listened intently as Ikana presented herself further, concluding with a demonstration of the jutsu that, ideally, An would master by the end of today's tutoring session. "Yes!" her eyes glistened at the sight, "That's the one I wanted to learn!" She was taken aback by the girls' new hair color, which she thought was fascinating and would come in handy for the young shinobi-to-be in the future.
[break][break]
"Where should I begin?" she inquired, eager to learn.
[break][break]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter.
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 225
[break]

[break]
[2/6]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Not My ColorMay 3, 2023 1:12:45 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
"Ah. Iced Tea." She responded with a casual blink, before slowly seating herself and taking the cup. "Thank you." She responds with a bright smile as she slowly takes a sip. "It's good. Very refreshing." The question then came pretty quickly. Where should she begin? Well, wasn't that the pickle.

"Well. You'll find if you're good with transformations. It's not all that different. You just need to focus on your hair in particular." Releasing her jutsu, she lets her hair turn back to her normal brown. "Really useful if you've got distinctive hair like yours. Ahem. Try forming the handseals, and when you do? Focus your chakra to your hair, and really try to envision it." Performing a few handseals, she shows her slowly. "Henge." With a change, her hair becomes longer, blonde in color. "Just like that."

Assuming she was pleased by the explanation, she set herself back for a few moments. "You can use it to change the length. The style. Color. I learned this jutsu way back when I was in the academy. Back when I didn't have too much to learn. It really set the foundation for some of my other hair jutsu I guess. If you'd like, and if you'd like to keep me around. I could show you all sorts of jutsu? Give you an idea of what kind of advanced techniques I have in mind. Gives you something to really work and look forward to."

"Well...and also, for you to keep me employed for. Ehe." Smiling vibrantly, she rubbed the back of her head.
Not My ColorMay 3, 2023 6:34:00 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An wasn’t the best when it came to transformation jutsu, but she wasn't the worst, if she remembered correctly she was somewhere in the first half of the students that learned and passed the particular skills exam.
[break][break]
As far as An knew, her hair color wasn't too different from many in Kirigakure, but the elder girl made an excellent point that it may be very different in different places and countries, as they might not have clans like the Kaguyas, which have many light-haired members. "Mhm, I will try that,” she observed carefully the other girl, as she transformed her brown hair once again, this time changing the length, making it longer and the color blond.
An was surprised to see that she could do a lot more with this fundamental jutsu than she had previously assumed, "Of course, Ikana-sensei! It would be great to study even more jutsus; I will discuss this with my grandparents. But I'm sure they'll agree," she said with a smile to the other.
[break][break]
The young Gure followed Ikana’s example; she formed the horse hand sign and closed her eyes trying to envision her hair turning black. A good minute passed before An spoke, her eyes still closed, "Did anything change?” not sure if she should release the hand seal yet or open her eyes, or even if anything changed.
[break][break]
She waited for the other to say something before opening her eyes, and most likely attempted again, as the chances of her succeeding on her first try were slim, as concentrating chakra in one place was much more difficult for An than distributing it widely.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 271
[break]

[break]
[3/6]

Not My ColorMay 4, 2023 1:08:07 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Ikana-Sensei?...Sounds wrong to me." She says, awkwardly rubbing the back of her head. "As for your hair? No. Not quite yet. It might take a few tries." That said? Resting back in her seat, she took a sip of the tea for a second, enjoying how good it was. It felt peaceful here, and watching someone else work was somewhat reassuring, especially seeing they were doing it with her instruction. "I'd keep the transformation simple." Not that she was insinuating that An wasn't. Though. She didn't want to disrupt her concentration.

"You seem to be the kind of person that takes a lot of pride in their hair." She said, looking at how silky smooth it seemed. Ikana's might look glossy, but it was often a bit more rugged or unruly. Course. "Maybe when you become Genin, I'll teach you this jutsu?" She proclaims. Forming a singular seal, her hair seems to rapidly extend, and using some fine tuned control, she has a tendril of hair grasp and wrap around the cup in her hand, tilting it towards her head. A drastically reduced show off of its capabilities, but she'd see Ikana only use a single seal to cast it. Before then, Ikana takes a long sip of the tea from her cup. Her hair tilting it for her.

"Just showing you a sample of something you can really look forward to." She expresses, trying to impress her new charge. "With this technique. My hair becomes as sharp as steel."
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on May 4, 2023 1:08:36 GMT -5
Not My ColorMay 5, 2023 11:20:50 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Oh, I thought it would be just proper to show you respect as a teacher because you are teaching me something, but if it makes you uncomfortable, what would you like me to address you as instead?" she opened her two light-colored, marble-like eyes. An inquired, her face filled with real interest and a smile, before returning to mastering the jutsu.
[break][break]
She formed the horse hand seal once more and concentrated her chakra on her hair, spreading it slowly from the top of her head root to the ends of her hair, remembering what the other girl said about keeping it simple. Black. All she could think about was black hair, so when she opened her eyes, the tips of her hair were black. "Oh," she exclaimed, shocked, "I think I'm starting to understand it," she remarked as her mind examined the sensation she was experiencing before opening her eyes. As a result of the girl's imbalanced chakra spread, the hair was altered to the point where the majority of it accumulated at the tip of her hair.
[break][break]
"Hehe," she chuckled at the unexpected remark, "more than me, my grandma helps me with applying oils to it, saying it's an investment for the future." An was taken aback by Ikana's jutsu demonstration; manipulating one's hair to such an extent must have needed incredible chakra control, "it's amazing, your chakra control must be very good!" "Of course, I want to learn it," the young academy student said, "I just need to become a genin first." An giggled.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 257
[break]

[break]
[4/6]

Not My ColorMay 6, 2023 1:15:40 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
What to address her as? "Well...I guess your logic does make sense. Maybe sensei does work..." Ikana was never so authoritarian or pretentious to believe she had much authority over anyone. She was more of a follower that listened to others, mainly because she was used to that her entire life. People always seemed to hold a dominance, and very rarely did she ever have the ability to assert her own power over anyone. Except those bandits as of recent. She remembered the feeling of her kunai stabbing and thrusting into that bandit's balls. The squelch and sinking feeling of the blade. Yeah. Probably one of her more violent moments.

"...Oils huh? Any chance I could get some of that?" She asked with a light hearted giggle, mainly in jest, but when asked if she had great chakra control, and An's seeming interest in learning the jutsu? Ikana thought about that for a second. "I...suppose it is. I had a dangerous medical procedure done on me before. So I had to learn to control my chakra twice. I guess you could say that uhh. It makes me twice as experienced." Awkwardly shifting her right hand left and right, as if trying to express that her thought on the idea was "so, so", she didn't really know what to think on that regard.

"Genin. It's not the most glamorous position, but we have our place in service." Nodding her head affirmatively. "Hmm. Hmm." Her eyes closed as she nodded, until she opens one to look An over more closely.

"Sorry if I'm...not the best at explaining. I'm kind of new to this. A kid teaching a kid. So...But try focusing that chakra evenly, and start from the roots of your hair."
Not My ColorMay 7, 2023 3:11:15 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Then Ikana-sensei it is," she said, her smile returning to the older girl, who appeared more receptive to the title now. "Of course," the lighthearted chat proceeded, "I am sure we could give you some." An was not one to be frugal with her goods, especially if it made someone's day better or was otherwise valuable to the other person. "Woah, that's amazing," she said, her lips forming an "o" shape in surprise at the other girl's amazing performance. "Doing it twice is even more amazing!" An's chakra control was not her strong suit; it wasn't bad by any means, but it might be better; as a result, her eyes were filled with adoration for the other, and she herself was thankful to her grandparents for finding such a good teacher.
[break][break]
An tried as her teacher had suggested, spreading the chakra evenly from her roots, as she envisioned her hair becoming black. Slowly but steadily, she could feel her chakra wrapping each and every strand of her light-haired hair, transforming it into that of a pitch-black night. Her eyes opened to confirm her suspicions of the jutsu's accomplishment, even if it was simply the color change, and she stroked her fingers through her black ponytail. "Seeing my hair in a different color feels so strange, Ikana-sensei, was it the same for you, the first time you did it?" she grinned, "but your advice helped a lot, so don't think you're not good at explaining."
[break][break]
"How about changing it back to its original color, as well as the length and how do I control that?" An inquiry because the color change was only one of the ways to alter the hair, and being able to return to the original was also significant.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 291
[break]

[break]
[5/6]

Not My ColorMay 10, 2023 4:05:58 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
An truly did seem to be a sweet and wonderful little thing. Ikana honestly couldn't believe that there was something so seemingly jovial and light hearted. Then again. Everyone lived different lives. Her honey suckle eyes looked down to the tea cup, and she saw herself in the reflection. Her eyes looked back tired. So tired, as she slowly raises the cup and drinks it slowly. It was sweet. Refreshing to her as she takes a deep drink. In the same moments that An closed hers.

"It was in a way. I looked like an entirely different person." Though in truth, when she thought about that, she found herself excluding the next part. That Ikana wished that she was. She closed her eyes and smiled politely. An was truly a generous and appreciative student. Some that didn't seem to judge her for what she was. It was a moment though until she was asked how to control the length and return it back? Luckily, the distraction of work kept her from her darker thoughts. 

Ikana forms the ram seal for An to see. "Kai..." Release. In doing so, she might feel the chakra flow stop, undoing the illusion on her head. "As for length? It's just like any normal transformation. You do as you did, expand the chakra across the hair, and as you do, focus beyond it. Extend it so that you know what you want it to look like."
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on May 10, 2023 4:06:43 GMT -5
Not My ColorMay 11, 2023 11:50:43 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Of course, anyone would be surprised to see themselves look completely different, and the older girl was no exception, which made the young academy student feel relieved, her feeling of strangeness was validated.
[break][break]
"I see, so the most important step is to learn to properly distribute the chakra along the hair,” she said, as she once again formed the horse seal - Henge Kaminoke no Jutsu, this time trying to change her hair to a shorter length, as her natural hair length was already quite lengthy. The work was not as hard as An had taught before, since she had comprehended and felt how the chakra traveled along her hair, so as long as she kept the image in her head the time the energy was disturbed, the jutsu was pretty much a success. Of course, there were some variables, such as uneven hair length, but with practice, she got the hang of it.
[break][break]
Releasing the jutsu was not a problem either for the budding student.
[break][break]
"Thank you so much for today, Ikana-sensei, I hope you can help again sometime,” the young girl stood up from her seat and offered a slight bow as a sign of gratitude. An would offer the other a free meal as an extra thank you for the nice time spent together, before departing to her own business, like doing some homework for tomorrow's classes. Feeling quite good about today.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 234
[break]

[break]
[6/6-Exit]

last edit by Gurē An on May 11, 2023 11:53:26 GMT -5
Not My ColorMay 14, 2023 4:36:12 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
The jutsu seemed fairly simple. Where she would proceed to nod her head at An's explanation. It was pretty easy. Though, the next part was something else. "I can. I will." When she mentioned helping again. The bow was polite, and the offer of a free meal was something else. How odd it felt, for someone to look up to her and call her sensei. How she seemed to make a difference in this person's life. It felt kind of good she supposed. Not like how she sold weapons or materials at her store, though it was something like that. She felt prideful as she looked to her go. Ikana might just need to cash in on that meal at some point. Overall? She notched out her schedule on the lesson plan.

She found herself headed to An's grandparents, and when offered money? Ikana slowly raised her hand and shook her head. "I don't need it. It was my pleasure, and I'd like to help her again." Just like that? The Ikana before them would poof into a cloud of smoke. As the original back at her store found herself flooded with an influx of memories. Her mind processing everything as she momentarily pauses, before continuing her stroke of the brush, finishing another explosive tag. The other clones doing the same. "Free meal huh?" Ikana says to herself.

"I guess I should have asked what was next on the lesson plan. Oh well. I'm sure they'll come let me know." What a good day it was.