Grab Me a Coconut from the Top of that Tree [Training]

compose a reply
Grab Me a Coconut from the Top of that Tree [Training]May 4, 2023 18:23:56 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

There came a time when one could not solely focus on their own development but had to help in rearing up the generations beneath them. A village could only prosper if it continued to raise up competent shinobi and learning the basics was the first step in that process. Asahi had agreed to help out one of Suna's genin in learning one of the essential 'walking' techniques and the locale chosen was one he ironically had used to help Ayukawa learn the water walking technique some time ago. It was an oasis not terribly far away from the village complete with a decent sized body of water and large enough trees that could be stepped on without fear of breaking them.

The genin in question was Shigeru, one he wasn't familiar with personally but was happy to help nonetheless. He has instructed the boy to meet him at the oasis to begin his training and was waiting for him to arrive. Asahi passed the time sitting by the edge of the water giving momentary thought to his own progress over the last few years. He and his fellow Suna-nin had been through plenty of adventures the last few years and while they were any combination of stressful, annoying and down right murderous sometimes he felt stronger for it. But there would be time to ponder on his journey later as there was one who needed his help now.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 604 posts
Grab Me a Coconut from the Top of that Tree [Training]Nov 12, 2023 21:11:07 GMT -5
Ōshi Shigeru
Ōshi Shigeru Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv Genin occupation Sage Apprentice
It was rare that Shigeru managed to make time to train with anybody other than his sensei. Rare enough to be a completely welcome change of pace, at the very least. Today’s focus would be on one of the "walking” techniques, though he’d recently learned tree climbing. Water walking practice was doubtless going to be much harder to master than tree climbing had been, though he was still riding that high. Tree climbing hadn’t been the easiest technique he’d learned yet, his larger reserves making the kind of control needed for simpler techniques much harder to achieve.

He’d brought his equipment with him, the familiar large scroll containing his weapons slung across his back. He didn’t think he’d be using them today, but he felt naked without bringing at least Kazaha with him. Especially not to meet someone he barely knew, for training or not. Regardless, he’d brought his equipment with him. Approaching the oasis, he decided that his entrance deserved some flair, and decided to hold the hand sign for Shunshin.

When he did appear in the oasis, it was in a swirl of sand, only slightly stumbling after he stuck the landing. It took him a few seconds to fully shake off the disorientation, since he had yet to master the technique, but once he did, his eyes locked onto his would-be teacher. Lips quirking in an almost-amused smile, he bowed his head before standing to properly introduce himself. ”Ōshi Shigeru, at your service. Are you Asahi-san?” he asked, though the answer was obvious enough. The man was the only one here except for him after all, but pleasantries had been drilled into his head long ago. Introductions were polite.
Kitarial has written 22 posts
Grab Me a Coconut from the Top of that Tree [Training]Nov 14, 2023 14:33:19 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

The 'ping' of chakra rapidly approaching him set off his sensory abilities without much in the way of concentration, a weird gift given due to all the training he had done to hone his craft to sense chakra over the years, though the signature itself was unfamiliar. He watched as a twist of sand kicked up for a few brief moments before the form of a person took its place. The boy introduced himself as Shigeru and this was exactly who he was supposed to meet. Taking a moment to get back to his feet and dust himself off the newly-minted special jounin would return a smile. "I am, nice to meet you Shigeru."

"So which walking technique did you need help with learning today? The memo was kinda vague." Asahi inquired. He was happy to help with either and had made sure to pick a locale that would suffice with whatever they needed to get done, all he needed was a direction to begin teaching in. The fundamentals for both jutsu were about the same but there were a few differences that called for some adjustments in the way they were taught, and it'd also be super awkward for Asahi to start teaching a technique that Shigeru already knew.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 604 posts
Grab Me a Coconut from the Top of that Tree [Training]Dec 26, 2023 22:27:33 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 16 November 1009 rank Genin occupation Team 1
Go and find Kyokujitsu Asahi and request further training, the directive had been simple enough. Of course, it hadn't been explained to Ameko whether the senior shinobi would be expecting her, merely that he was administering training to the sage apprentice and it was the type of essential skill that she was required to attain. One that she was sorely lacking. That had been all the information she had to go on, that and it was not the type of training that necessitated combat nor the use of her familiars. Thus, the hyenas had been left to enjoy a rather lazy day in the sun, chewing on pork bones and belly fat. A particularly unsung bonus of her clan's signature jutsu, the ability to recycle offcuts and discards of meat. Whilst she was content enough to leave her erstwhile companions behind, being without them was still a sensation that left her feeling next to incomplete. As she ran to the oasis, she had to fight the instinct to check the absent spaces beside her. Subconsciously, she felt their absence in a way that she could not articulate. It left her on edge, at least more so than usual. On her best days, Ameko was about as soft to the touch as a desert rose, and those days were few and far between.

Her entrance to the oasis reflected as much. There was no elegant arrival, no display of ninjutsu skill, just the rapid approach of the athletic-looking girl. The figures already present in the oasis were already engaged in conversation, but she did not allow pleasantries or politeness to dictate her actions. She slowed as she approached, but called out as she did so, not bothering to come to a stop or to allow for their conversation to naturally acknowledge her presence.

"Hey! Yo! Kyokujitsu Asahi!?" She came to a stop with the last syllable, taking a brief moment to rest her hands on her knees and to catch her breath, before turning her attention to the other man. She supposed he could have been a boy, but he was taller than her and that alone mandated that he was almost certainly her senior. Not the most logical conclusion, but instinct had guided her well enough for the past fourteen years, "Oh, uh, shit. I forgot to ask for your name when they mentioned there was training - uh, Warai Ameko. I mean that's me. Right, yeah, ok, look, there was a mention of training and I was informed I could benefit from it. So, here I am."

She blinked before adding, "Nice to meet you both. Sorry about the interruption."
bonobo has written 141 posts