Over Your Head [Training]

compose a reply
Over Your Head [Training]May 7, 2023 4:52:13 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Spark Word---

Running along the village walls was admittedly an excellent way to not only burn energy, but also chakra. While likewise being mildly more interesting then hanging from a tree by her chakra while reading. Her brother often jogged along the walls like this with the Guardian Corps she was certain when he wasn't in the gym and in Mitsu's opinion if it was good enough for Morihito then it was good enough for her until she decided otherwise. Because like any good little sister she did often judge the hell out of her older brother's tastes.

There was of course only one slight issue with Mitsu's plans however. She, unlike Morihito, was not a hulking rock of muscle, and while she certainly was fit for her age she was beginning to realize maybe she'd bit off a little bit more then she could chew with this exercise. Iwagakure was a BIG village after all and by the time she'd made one circle around and was half way through the next sweat was pouring off the girl and her once light quick steps were more slow staggers. Until inevitably gravity finally claimed it's due. As the genin's chakra fluctuated stuttering in her exhaustion and breaking her connection with the wall.

Sending Mitsu plumitting down with a loud "EEP!"

To crash surprisingly not onto the hard ground, but atop an unfortunate chuunin Gate Guard as they both hit the ground in a splatter of ink and scattered papers.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火

Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 250 |
Keen has written 67 posts
Over Your Head [Training]May 7, 2023 14:09:53 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Everything has shape if you look for it.
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday 1/24 rank Chuunin occupation Gate Guard

Every so often, the guards at the gates were relieved from duty to take a break. The shifts could be long and exhausting, so this was necessary to promote attentiveness, especially for someone like Emi who found it difficult for his eye not to wander to art at every available moment.

On these breaks, Emi would often stay outside along the wall of the village instead of retreating inside it, looking out at the scenery. Though he saw this view every day, he felt he saw something different in it each time he gazed out at it. A new beauty in this shadow on that rock, or in this bird swimming through the sky alongside that cloud.

As he often did, he began to draw, head down to focus on his ink as it flowed across the page. He was dissatisfied with his progress somehow. Even if he could capture the landscape perfectly, it wasn't quite evoking the feeling he was trying to get out of it. He tapped his bottom lip idly with his brush, trying to decide what to do.

When he finally brought his hand down to draw again, he heard an eep above him. And before his slow reaction time could remind him to loop up, whoever or whatever it was had fallen right on top of him, sending him to the ground along with his scrolls and ink, splatters all over what he was drawing.

This... wasn't an attack, was it? It was way too clumsy and he also hadn't been stabbed yet. People trying to break into the village were usually a lot better than this.

"...Ow," he groaned, when he realized how dizzy he really was, sitting up slowly to examine the heap of girl that had been dropped upon him. "Where did you come from?" He asked, before remembering he should also ask, "Are you hurt?"

Cocoa has written 159 posts
Over Your Head [Training]May 8, 2023 3:12:22 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Art---

"Ow ow owwwww~" Mitsu groaned as she slowly sat up from the heap of tangled limbs and gear the two of them made. A large splatter of ink staining her left cheek black and speckling her hair as she pouted. Only to glance around seeming to slowly register the situation she was in as the tip of her ears turned pink, cheeks flushing with an embarrassed blush. "Ah-no.... I'm so sorry~" She glanced Emi over trying to ascertain his indentity before her eyes landed on the Guardian Corps insignia and she winced. Ohhh her brother was most certainly going to hear about this, "Guardian-san." She murmured as the girl affected an even more regretful mask to hopefully mitigate the trouble she was in. It wasn't until she glanced down and noticed the ruined pictures that she felt a real true stab of regret.

"Ah I'm not hurt. I was... I was training my chakra reserves. You're art though?" Mitsu exclaims hastily scrambling up and back as she tries to collect the paper hopeful to snag the pictures up before dirt or spilled ink ruin them further, but a few she realized with a sorrowful frown might be beyond saving. Painting was such a delicate art. So easy to ruin. As Mitsu bit down on her lower lip to keep it from trembling her arms now full of paper and looking a little panicked.

"Maybe we can still salvage some of these?" She offers voice wavering a little as she glances up at Emi a little misty eyed and sad. Her regret real and genuine this time in the face of a fellow artist who's work she may very well have just ruined.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 282 |
Over Your Head [Training]May 8, 2023 11:50:23 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

The girl seemed almost a little playful at first in her apology. Which was probably a good sign. It meant she wasn't hurt, though she was behaving a little strangely. First her demeanor shifted to a more regretful one, flat in its respectfulness. Guardian-san? No one had called him that before. Was it some kind of nickname for the Guardian corps?

Then she suddenly gained more energy, scrambling to snatch up his art from the ground. It had been thoroughly splattered in ink, especially where his brush had been pushed right into the scroll when he fell.

The girl looked truly upset, a little on the panicked side and tearful.

Honestly, he was struggling to keep up a little. He wasn't sure why she would be so sad. He got to his knees slowly, trying to figure out how to help improve her mood, or to explain his own lack of reaction.

"Ah, uhm..."
He placed his hand to his chin, contemplative. "I didn't like them very much anyways," he admitted.

He reached out to take one, looking at the splatters there. They were dynamic, energetic.

"I have a good memory, so I could remake this landscape any time. But I think I like the ink stains here better,"
he decided. "Do you see the motion right here? Ah, I must've made that when you fell on me... It captures the feeling of this day better than the landscape did. I couldn't get it to look right before."

Over Your Head [Training]May 8, 2023 12:52:10 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---A Splash Of Color---

Staring down at the ink splattered paper Mitsu slowly began to relax. The panicked tension draining from her little body as the guard explained that he liked this new art better then his original. A sigh of relief escaping the girl as she realized she hadn't ruined the man's artistic work of the day though she couldn't entirely understand not loving your art, but she as happy he was happy with the changes. "I do like the dynamic splatters better," She admits voice soft as she inspects the piece of paper he's holding up with a nod. She always preferred action pieces over still life's any day. "It looks a little like fireworks." Mitsu murmurs with a nod as she squints at the blob.

"Do you usually paint in black and white?" She questions glancing up towards the man, "I bet you could get some neat effects with color splatters like uh..." Mitsu trails off for a moment taking a few steps back as she funnels chakra into her feet purposefully using a bit too much to cause the dirt and dust to explode outwards from her in little puffs.

"If you did that stepping into a tray of paint it'd probably look pretty spectacular." She suggests already getting an idea for a future prank to perhaps test on her teammates. But only if they were late or bad. Promptness and good behavior deserved reward and tardiness retribution as she didn't want to train them to think otherwise. The sooner they all came to understand one another the better.

Now if only Sakuraba and Uta would stop looking at her so weirdly. At least as a fellow artist this guard seemed to understand her.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 285 |
last edit by Tantetsu Mitsu on May 8, 2023 13:43:32 GMT -5
Over Your Head [Training]May 8, 2023 13:39:43 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

It was good to see that that had worked to calm her down and she didn't seem on the edge of crying anymore. If she'd really gotten tearful and started crying, he's not sure he would've been of much help. He thought he understood her emotions a little better now, though. She was an artist, too, so she was probably upset with the idea of messing up something of his.

He made so much art every day that thinking of it as that important was a little strange to him. He liked his art, of course. It was impossible not to have some emotional attachment to someone you created. Still, though, art was as much a tool to him as a means of expression. If something got destroyed he could just make it again, or keep moving and make something new. Should he mourn more over his art if he wanted to consider himself a real artist? He wasn't sure.

"I usually use black and white," he confirmed. "Though I don't always do still life. I like doing splashes like this," he explained. There were a few abstract Souzouteki techniques that he had been in the process of studying. He knew there was one involving splashes of color...

"I can try it with colored paint or ink," Emi decided. "Thank you for the idea. Is there anything I can help you with?" He was treating this more like a trade of ideas than an apology from Mitsu for having fallen on him.

Over Your Head [Training]May 8, 2023 13:56:15 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Staying Out Of Trouble--

She paused blinking a bit in suprise. She hadn't really expected to get anything in return for her suggestion. It was just an exchange of ideas and passion of the moment. As careless and light hearted of an expression as a casually tossed firecracker or the flare of a sparkler in the dark. An encapsulated moment that could be neither truly bought, traded, nor owned, but she knew it'd be foolish to waste the offer of help. "Well... actually I'm trying to improve my chakra reserves. I know I can expand them by expending a lot of chakra, but I'm not sure what other methods there are to improve." She explains a little awkward and shy as she scuffs her sandals against the ground.

"Ah! I'm Tantetsu Mitsu by the way," Mitsu quickly adds as she finally remembers her manners and offers the man a gloved hand in greeting. "Um... could you maybe not tell my Aniki Morihito about today? I don't really want to bother him while he's at work with the Guardian Corps." Which was of course a bit of a lie. She never much cared about bothering her brother, but she was trying to be a bit better about it with him making a concerted effort to spend time with her.

"Is drawing your only art medium or just your preferred one? I like sculpting myself and pyrotechnics myself." She adds quickly changing subject lest he ask her awkward questions in regards to her brother. Not that she can blame him. Mitsu and Morihito were startlingly different in appearance other then their hair and somewhat their eyes. The two siblings looking more like distant relatives without their parents around to tie their appearances together then as brother and sister.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 292 |
Over Your Head [Training]May 8, 2023 14:24:50 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

The girl introduced herself as Tantetsu Mitsu and asked him not to tell Morihito about the spill she'd taken. He hadn't really been planning on it, especially since he didn't know this girl's relation until she'd pointed it out.

"Tantetsu Morihito," he repeated, almost a mumble, like he was remembering something. "He's the 218.5 centimeter one working with the Yamatate, right?" As a gate guard, he made it his duty to memorize facts like that about people throughout the village, so that he could better assess any potential disguises. His very solid memory made it much easier - most other guards needed to write those kinds of details down.

"Now that you mention you're related, I can kind of see the resemblance. Only a little. You two don't look very alike." He was a very straightforward person. And he'd gotten so caught up in his own memory exercise he forgot to respond to her request.

"I'm part of the barrier squad, so we really only see each other during large drills. I don't have a reason to talk to him outside of work, so I probably wouldn't mention it anyways."
And there he was being blunt again.

"I pretty much only do drawing and calligraphy. I guess I sculpt somewhat as a doton user, but I prefer ink. Ah... I'm Souzouteki Emi," he finally introduced himself. That might shine a little light on why ink was his predominant medium. That's what the clan was known for, after all.

"As for chakra reserves..." Well, his weren't especially good. And his control was nothing to write home about either. So this was down to what he'd heard from other shinobi, which he luckily remembered well.

"I think reserves aren't just about being able to expend a lot, but also about how much you can hold onto at once," he speculated. "So if you only practice burning the chakra off, you'll mostly become wasteful with your chakra. You want to make sure your aura is naturally holding a lot of chakra in, too."

Over Your Head [Training]May 9, 2023 7:15:48 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Tips & Tricks---

At the mention that the two did not look terribly alike Mitsu shrugged, "My Mother was a Hisakawa. I'm told I look much more like her and her clan then the Tantetsu other then my ability to use Koton and my stubbornness." She explains not particularly put out by this observation. It was a rather common one once people learned they were siblings. The two could not be more different then if they were water and oil, but that didn't stop Mitsu from loving her older brother all the same.

"But thank you for agreeing not to tell him Emi-san. I appreciate that and it's nice to meet you even if it's under such circumstances," Mitsu adds as she shows off her nice, if a little overly sharp manners she'd learned from her Uncle Nobu. The slight mob leanings only showing just the tiniest bit. Though her eyes spark at the mention of doton. "That's the next element I want to learn. Well it at Katon." She admits with a sharp nod. Though as Emi explains about her aura is naturally holding a lot of chakra in in order to improve the girl frowns.

"I'm... not actually sure how to do that." She murmurs, the tip a good one, but she's not certain how to apply it. The thought of wasting chakra was a worrisome one though and she wasn't liking the idea of spending more then she needed. Especially given she needed a lot for her ideas to blossom. "Um do you have any tips on how to go about that?" Mitsu asks knowing she's pushing her luck a little here.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 287 |
Over Your Head [Training]May 10, 2023 12:34:09 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

A Hisakawa, hm? He ran through the faces of dozens of Hisakawa in his head, trying to composite an image to look like her. She did she a resemblance with their general family line, too, but picking out the specifics would be impossible without knowing her family. He tried to recall if he knew of the families of any Hisakawa living in the village, but none of those that he did included Mitsu. In a rare moment of clarity, he decided he probably shouldn't ask - Mitsu had spoken about her mother in the past tense. It was likely Mitsu and Morihito were orphans. Emi had also lost his parents, and he knew he didn't like to speak about it.

Mitsu asked him for more tips on how to go about practicing her chakra reserves. Emi tapped his chin again, humming in thought. He wasn't quite as good with his words, so he sat down, grabbing a fresh scroll and unrolling it to start drawing up a little diagram.

"A person with a normal chakra pool looks like this...," he said, painting a stylized doodle of Mitsu on the right of the scroll. There was a small aura around her. "Uhm. This is metaphorical, it's not quite exact. The chakra is usually more inside of you than around you, but it's about the feeling," he clarified. "But someone with a large chakra pool looks like this..." Another doodle of Mitsu on the left, this time with a larger aura around her.

Finally, he drew a third drawing of Mitsu in the middle, with a relatively regular aura, but spikes of chakra coming off of it.

"Right now, what you're doing is like this. You're releasing a lot of chakra, but it's in bursts... You want to... Eh..."
He twirled his brush in the air, trying to get the words to come to him.

"Release it and then hold it," he decided. "Let the chakra out of your core, but don't actually burn it off. You want to get your body used to holding its chakra here," he motioned to the left drawing, "instead of here," and then to the right.

"Having large chakra reserves is about holding that chakra in reserve. You need to condition your body's ability to hold onto it instead of letting it go when you have "too much" by forcing yourself to keep it in."

Over Your Head [Training]May 12, 2023 12:56:05 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Be The Water---

Mitsu stared down at the diagram Emi had drawn. A little furrow appearing between her brows as she examines the drawings trying to figure out how to take the information displayed there in theory and put it into practice. Most techniques in her arsenal were not sustained techniques that held chakra other then water or tree walking. They were quick bursts, but to do what the Guard described she'd need to hold chakra around her within her aura a little bit like... balancing a water droplet on your finger without letting it burst. "So like... channeling chakra to my entire body as if I was water walking? Instead of just to my feet maybe? Would that help practice holding chakra with my aura?" She questions giving Emi a curious glance as she looks between the painting and the man next to her.

"I don't have many sustained jutsu yet." She mourns as she considers the task at hand. It's not impossible with her arsenal, but would be a bit difficult. Like covering herself in molten chakra laden steel. The girl experimenting as she tries to draw her chakra from her core up to the surface of her skin not just on her hands and feet, but her whole body. Beads of sweat forming on her forehead as she closes her eyes in concentration. Her arms and legs were easy enough to manage, but expanding it further was proving slow and tedious with her control. The chakra crawling over her body inch by tenacious inch as she attempts to hold the stream without releasing it like water clinging to a surface or a bead of molten metal balanced on a hot blade.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 281 |
Over Your Head [Training]May 13, 2023 1:03:47 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Mitsu asked for more advice on how to properly proceed with this training, like what she could do to help practice this sort of thing. Emi was, honestly, no chakra theorist. He was happy to skirt by on what he already knew of chakra and focus his attentions elsewhere. Still, he was good at thinking through processes, so he should be able to provide her some kind of advice. He pondered what it was Manami, his old mentor, might say if he had asked her a similar question.

"Without sustained jutsu it can be a little complicated," he agreed, his own brow furrowed now. "However, having tree walking and water walking is a good comparison. I think holding the chakra around your whole body is a good start, creating that layer to maintain it consistently. It's also about, uhm... Convincing your body it needs to hold on that level all the time," he explained.

"Like when you eat protein and then go to exercise afterwards to help support your muscles. If I was training my reserves, what I would do is... I'd probably practice holding that layer of chakra over my whole body while doing other things. Like doing that and then also practicing taijutsu. You'll exhaust yourself quickly at first, but over time your body should adapt to thinking it has to be ready for that kind of expenditure all the time."

Over Your Head [Training]May 13, 2023 15:09:40 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---A Good Idea--

"That's..." Mitsu begins her voice a little strained and brow furrowed as she finally managed to cover her entire body with a wobbly layer of chakra. Her concentration a bit strained and split as she finally cracks an eye open to glance at Emi, "A good idea." She agrees giving the man a bright smile. It would be difficult, but nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

"I guess I should try and finish my last lap around the village this time." She muses her words slow, but at least she hadn't lost her grip on her chakra yet. "Maybe this time on the ground." Mitsu mumbles cheeks heating with an embarrassed blush as she recalls her plummet onto the guard. She hadn't meant to fall on him, but she should probably be a bit more careful in the future. Not having a Sensei to train with at times could really suck. Even if she did thankfully have members of the Blast Squad around to oversee some of her experiments.

"Umm... I don't suppose I could trouble you to let me back through the gates could I Emi-san?" She questions turning wide bright eyes on the man hopeful that she didn't have to climb back up and over the wall. I mean she probably could, but she didn't want to risk losing control and falling again or worse falling forward and embarrassing herself by sticking entirely to the wall.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 254| @sumieri
last edit by Tantetsu Mitsu on May 13, 2023 15:14:11 GMT -5
Over Your Head [Training]May 14, 2023 2:24:53 GMT -5
Souzouteki Emi
Souzouteki Emi Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

It seemed like the young girl was having to concentrate really hard, her sentences coming out slowly as she split her focus between her chakra and speaking with him. It was clear already that she was putting a strain on herself. If she'd been working out before this, that was only natural. She was probably already very tired, to have fallen off the wall like that, so pushing to practice that chakra layer was a lot... Though, ultimately, it was probably also what she needed to do routinely if she wanted to shore up her reserves.

The girl asked if he could let her back in through the gates and he nodded. He began to gather up his things, packing away the scrolls, ink wells, and brushes. It took him a moment - he didn't seem to be particularly in a rush - but he was eventually ready to go.

"My break is just about over anyways, so now is a good time to head back. ...You should probably do your runs inside the walls from now on," he advised her.

"Climbing back and forth over the walls isn't a good idea. If a guard spots you doing it, they might think you're an invader and end up picking you up for questioning. That wouldn't be a very fun afternoon." Though maybe she'd done it because she was worried about people inside the village spotting her doing it...? He remembered in his academy days that some other students could be weird about others seeing them exercise, though he couldn't say he understood why.

Over Your Head [Training]May 14, 2023 9:50:54 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Art Of Tomorrow--

"You're right..." Mitsu murmurs shoulders hunching up around her ears in embarrassment as she tries to hold her chakra around herself like a blanket. "I probably should have tried running on the inside of the wall or doing laps in the training ground." She admits as she grasps her arm with one hand feeling a bit silly and awkward in that moment.

"It's just I recently got assigned a genin team and my teammates are struggling. We don't have a Sensei so I've been teaching myself first and then teaching them. I'm worried that if they see me learning and failing they'll lose confidence in me as a teacher and leader and won't be willing to follow my lead." Mitsu explains as the girl worries her lower lip between her teeth as they walk. The two slowly approaching the entrance with Mitsu's measured steps.

"The next exams are right around the corner and I don't want them to be ill-prepared. It's really important we're all strong enough to compete. So if I can't motivate them then we might lose." And losers got hurt. It was just the nature of things and if you got hurt you might die. Mitsu wasn't exactly fond of her teammates, well ok the Okada was fun, but she didn't want them to die. Sure so many heroic stories began with the tragic death of ones teammates, but that wasn't a story Mitsu was particularly interested in experiencing.

As they approached the gate Mitsu fished out her ID card and rattled off her information to the currently on duty guards. Pausing before she entered the village to turn to Emi once more. "Thank you for today Emi-Senpai," She murmurs with a little bow, "I hope your art continues to blossom!" Mitsu quips with a bright beaming smile the girl giving him a little wave before she departs. Legs a little wobbly, but determined to succeed in her training.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 322| @sumieri