Splunking into Danger! [Mission]

compose a reply
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 2:59:06 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Into The Mines--

Mitsu bounced lightly on her heels as she checked her pack for the third time and then squinted down at the map in her hands. Her excitement and delving down into an old Tantetsu mine nearly palpable as she marked the path they were supposed to be taking while she waited for her partner. The mission shouldn't take more then a day, maybe three at most if things went badly, but the girl had always likes to be prepared. That and admittedly she'd made it a habit to make sealing tags and scrolls while she was trying to expand her chakra reserves for want of something to do. Thus she had a plethora of equipment ready and rearing to go for these sorts of activities.

Glancing up Mitsu spotted a familiar shock of Okada yellow blonde hair and lifted her gloved hand in a wave, the shark like teeth of her palms carefully hidden by leather as she didn't feel like having 'that' conversation with her new teammates just yet. "Hey Sakuraba-san over here!" She calls out as her amber gold eyes darts over the boy curious what sort of gear he'd be packing for their mission. "You ready to head into the mine? My clan's loaned us some glow lamps for the mission. They're not a good as other lights, but they last a long time." Mitsu explains gesturing to the two lanterns clipped to her belt as she unhooks one and proffers it out to the boy with a toothy smile.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                                        Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 259 |
Keen has written 67 posts
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 11:42:28 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
I'm done being the eternal second.
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday November 10th rank Genin occupation
Sakuraba was a sort of a minimalist. When it came to shinobi equipment, he wasn’t carrying a lot – a Kendo stick, a handful kunai on his belt, and a holster with shuriken on his hip… and that was it. No sealing tags, no wires, no explosives, no, nada, none of that. His outfit, a black full-body gi with orange contours, was kind of on-brand with the Okada and their fighting style, but the colors orange and black went hand in hand inside the walls of Iwagakure.

Now… mines… not battle cells, not arenas, but mines. Sakuraba looked forward to this mission – he needed to get his mind off of a few things back at home, including the constant reminder that Goro was so much further ahead than him right now. He had to catch up- no, he had to outspeed his cousin, had he any desire to rub his triumphant ascension to legendhood in the other Okadas’ faces.

He briefly heard his name being called up by his teammate, Tantetsu Mitsu, and approached her with his hood still hung over his head. This… this girl, right here, she was something, alright? His blood boiled at the sight of her, not having forgotten the embarrassing first meeting that they’d had alongside Uta. To think that he’d been teamed up with this troublesome, pretty steel bende-

Wait… when the fuck did he ever think of her as pretty? Oh, wait, forget that! She had just asked him about the mi-

"… Oh, uh, c-cous’ I am. Ready fo’ anything, whatcha on about?” he shrugged it off with a confident grin on his face, adjusting his hood as if everything was alright. Still, that last thought of his was on the verge of making him shake. "… Oh, sweet! Did me a solid dere’, Mitsu – y’all make anything outta steel nowadays?”

Gladly grabbing one of the glow lamps from her, he once again got his eyes glued to her smile… oh shit. No, fuck no. Not in a million years, Sakuraba – get the fuck out with that. She woke up one day and literally decided to make a fool out of him, but not today – nah, ain’t no way in hell he’d let her mess with him here. "… I take it ya know da mines better than me. Old Tantetsu mine, prolly an ancestral mine or som’thin… r-right? Well then, lez bounce! Those mines ain’t waitin’ for us all day.”
Koji has written 76 posts
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 12:15:59 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Into The Mine---

The little rose blonde couldn't help, but arch a brow at Sakuraba's question as she passes him the lantern. Her gaze flitting down to the very light she'd just handed him that had the Tantetsu makers mark on it, to the kunai on his belt. The girl stepping close with an amused little snort as she stands on her tip toes grinning up at him. Close enough they were nearly nose to nose allowing Sakuraba to see the minute flecks of gold in her bright amber eyes. As Mitsu snagged one of the kunai from his belt holding the handle up between them as she turned the weapon to show him the makers mark on it. The Tantetsu makers mark. "I dunno you tell me Sakuraba-san. Do we make anything outta steel nowadays?" She teases passing him the kunai as she takes a step back.

The girl unstringing the wire from the reel strapped to her back as she ties off one of her own kunai to each end to make a sort of rudimentary grapple. A careful application of Koton leaving the reel to rewind itself as she passes Sakuraba the map with a little careless shrug. "Here then. If you're worried about me knowing the mines better you can mind the map. Though this isn't any ancestral Tantetsu mine that I know of. Looks to be an old shaft from a few years back we've been loaning to the Hisakawa to dump bodies in of those who reneged on their debts." Mitsu explains as she leads the way into the darkened mind. The entrance looks to be in decent enough shape with relatively uniform cut stone and supports. Whether that will continue further in though is anyones guess.

"Just kidding by the way~" The girl adds glancing over her shoulder to toss Sakuraba a teasing smile. "My Hisakawa cousins don't use the mines to dump bodies. They just feed them to the sharks." This fact, unknown to Mitsu, was probably not very comforting.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 346 |
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 13:21:42 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
… Da fuck was she looking at? The lamp? She was the one who gave it to him – it wouldn’t take a genius to figure out that the lamp was likely a Tantetsu product. A’ight, fair enough, but it only proved his-

Why…?

She was breaking a lot of barriers right now. His personal space was protected by one such barrier, and it shattered with her approach. Without a care in the world, her nose almost poked his own, and his brain was airdropped to the heavens. Nay, what happened was… he was taken aback. Perplexed. Surprised beyond recovery. Was she… fucking…

Trying to kiss him or what? Ain’t no way in hell – he was feeling so fucking dirty just by thinking that! They had literally just met – why was that his first conclusion?! Fucking dumbass, Sakuraba! She was just being weird, like back with the damn wires and her comical antics! Holy fuck, her eyes were pretty-

U-Uh? Oh yeah, his kunais… they were marked with that symbol, yeah. So that was the Tantetsu’s mark… which kind of answered his question. They had products for days.

"… Wrong quesshion, rite ansuh,” he replied with a pearl of sweat gliding down his neck, grabbing his kunai and shoving it back into his belt once more. He did so with a bit of haste, as if he just wanted to move on from that event as quickly as possible. "D-Don’t ha’ to get all up’n ma face bout it, doh…”

A lot of slurs were running through his mind right now, but- hey, look, her Kōton was on display again. Paired with those thin wires that she carried… did that work by channeling chakra through the wires? Could other people’s chakra channel through it, as well? Taking a glance at his raised hand, he did feel it deep inside of his skin, flesh and bones… electric chakra en masse, waiting to be utilized at his beck and call. Chakra worked in weird ways.

But why she handed the map to him was another act of strangeness. He grabbed it in confusion, not at all certain about what she was on about. "I- wha…” he mumbled in slight paranoia before recollecting himself, "If ya insist… Hisakawa, eh?” Lending them to the Hisakawa, a rather foreign business to the young Okada…

As he followed her tail, he couldn’t help but brake in his tracks in a state of ‘wtf-ism’. First of all, how on earth’s glorious fuckness did she even- oh, she kid… damn. "… Oh, yeah, rite… of cous… ya and ya kids’nin-" he tried to shrug it off as if he had an idea that she was lying through her damn teeth, until she came up with the shark thingie as the supposed ‘truth’, "-Wait, Mitsu, da fak? How da hell woud’ja even know dat?! Ya sure enjoy messing with me a bit too, don’ja think?! Wha, wha, I ain’t no impressionable kiddo, mate!”

"… S-So, uh, bout da sharks – dat true or wuh?”
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 13:39:43 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Sharks---

Mitsu couldn't help, but pause blinking up at Sakuraba as he questioned how she'd know about Hisakawa. The girl giving him a look as if to ask if he was really that unobservant. Maybe he was. The Okada were a younger clan so they didn't mingle as much with the older noble clans like the Hisakawa with the exception being the Tantetsu. But that was mostly cause the Tantetsu didn't stand much on principle. "My Mum was a Hisakawa and so is my Uncle or can'tcha tell? I mean it's not like I look much like a Tantetsu." She explains pointing at her much more delicate features, light blonde hair, fair skin, and the vibrant eye color.

"So of course I'd know from my Uncle," Mitsu adds giving a solemn nod, "But don't worry the Hisakawa would never feed their own customers to their sharks. They're very firm about the sanctity of business and protecting their and their customers investments." She states voice solid and firm.

"Enemies and competition though are definitely shark food." The little Kunoichi states with a bright maniacal grin. "Luckily we're neither enemies nor competition right Sakuraba-kun." She teases kicking her feet up a little as she walks. Letting her steps slow as she peers down at the map.

"Looks like a fork is coming up. Left or right?" The girl questions making a habit to keep the Okada off kilter. The mission would certainly be more fun this way. Seeing as so far other then the tunnel narrowing a little it appeared thus far structurally sound.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 263|
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 14:10:37 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
... Well, way to make him feel dumb. So she was half Hisakawa, which just closed the book on that debacle that was the shark thing. But still, despite her delicate looks, despite her silky hair, how on earth was he just supposed to know that she was only half Tantetsu? He wasn’t one to make assumptions based on looks – ain’t no way she’d ever catch him assume someone’s damn ancestry based on hair color or something as dumb as that!

That only applied to the Okadas, after all! All them and their blondeness, by the gods…

"… Fuck, ‘kay, look, I ain’t one to assume shat,” he quickly tried to excuse himself with raised hands waving in front of himself, "Assumptions get da boot, after all. Been learnin’ dat plenty from ma ma and ma pa, so you good.” Yeah, sure, as if that’d clear the sheer idiocy that he must’ve emanated… idiot.

"So long as da customers are happeh, I guess…” Yeah, that whole thing was beyond his attention span – he was knees deep in isolated training in order to kick the shit out of his clansmen and prove them wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG! Okay?! Sorry for not reading about other clans and shit, damn! He wasn’t planning to become the Tsuchikage or anything, either way!

"…” Oh, she fucking enjoyed this… this… playing. Nah, yeah, she was playing around, and Sakuraba’s face was getting a little veiny. Red, long time ago, but also a little veiny. Like, damn, she really thought she had everything under control here? Why was that so hot?

"O-Of cous we not, d-d-d-d-d-*SLAP!*”

A loud slap could be heard coming from Sakuraba’s now bruised face, having slapped himself just when she turned forth to continue down the road. Hoping to have avoided her gaze at him, he’d shove his hands into his gi’s pockets, pout his lips and glare to the side, trying his best to avoid her spotting his bruised cheek. "… J-Juz call me Sakuraba-san. We teammates… iz not laik ya want me suddenly callin’ ya som’thin embarrassin’. Laik… iunno, lil’ gurl? Chickie? Honey-”

Oh wait, she was glaring at the map now. He did hold it up to keep track of their advance into the mine, but… having slapped himself, he maaaaaaaaaaaaaaay have lost track for a moment. Thankfully, she mentioned that they had reached a fork – pointing at the nearest fork that he could remember approaching on the map, he took notice of the two paths. Okay, dice roll- wait…

He slowly approached the first of the two tunnelways. The boy took his time investigating the entrance, the edges around the opening, the state of the stone that made the tunnel. He’d do the same with the other tunnelway… as if inspecting the very state of the soil…

"Maaaaaaaaaan, I ain’t got no Dōjutsu, can’t tell shat apart from these tunnels. Lez go right, Mitsu-kun-"

Wait, did he just call her-

"-SAN!!!”

"… *cough* Mhm. Ya weirdness is rubbin’ off on me…”
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 8, 2023 16:38:22 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Cute---

"Chan~" She corrects him off-handedly with a sly grin as the two head down the right tunnel, "You can call my Mitsu-chan if you'd like Sakuraba-san. Since you don't feel we're close enough for me to call you -kun yet." Mitsu teases as the girl squints at the walls of the tunnel. The rock here much rougher and showing some signs of water damage. Maybe there was an underground river nearby? Or other source of precipitation.

"Though you know you're not too far off with that last nickname." She adds with a little laugh, "My name actually means 'honey.' Well that or 'light' depending on the kanji." Mitsu jokes as her brows furrow, the girl pausing as she stretches her arms out trying to roughly measure the distance.

"Is it just me or is this tunnel getting narrower? I feel like it's getting narrower." The little Kunoichi questions squinting at the walls. Though the gradually slanting path and narrowing tunnel wasn't the only thing that felt off, but Mitsu couldn't quite put her finger on what else was different. Sakuraba's banter easily distracting her as she tries to put the pieces together.

"Sides I'm not the weirdo who's slapping himself." She quips with a shake of her head and a reproachful look shot the Okada's way. "Honestly you're lucky you're really cute or else people would probably think you were way weirder. Then again all the Okada are a little strange, but I guess that's what makes them interesting. They're nothing like the Tantetsu were uniformity is considered a virtue." Mitsu mutters a touch of resentment to her tone that spoke volumes in regards to the usually cheerful and unflappable girl.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 283|
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 9, 2023 8:11:45 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
… Oh, fuck off. He messed up the honorific- how’d he even do that? Was he that flustered? Was he that beside himself today? What a heavy hit to the stomach, that one… it physically changed the look on his face into a dreadful, dark hue. It fucking hurt… he’d never felt like this before.

And it was as if she felt bad for not being allowed to call him -kun… maaaaaaaaaaaan. Why’d he even care so much? Why was it so embarrassing?! Well, obviously, did he even… did he trust her fully yet? She was his teammate, after all – yes, one fucking prank at the start, so what? Sakuraba, you were acting all sorts of crazy since you met her… weirdo. "A-w-well, w-w- fuckin- fine, call me what ya want… I dun care…”

And Honey… that was the meaning of her name, huh? So he couldn’t even make her fluster a little bit- he lost. He lost! Great, marvelous – what a chaotic passage of time, this entire week has been…

"Honey… yeah, not callin’ ya that, den. I think I’ma stick with Mitsu-chan…” Ohhhh, he wanted to slap himself again, but he managed to hold onto his composure, or whatever was left of it. Now, however, he returned to the task at hand – the tunnel that they were walking through… it was getting narrower. He, too, could tell that from the way they were pushed closer to each other ever so slowly as they advanced through the tunnelway. "Ya know, it kinda is. Ya reckon I chose a wrong pa-"

She did catch him slapping himself earlier, huh. C’mon, he was already half-dead here, give him some slack. "J-Just to keep ma focus, nuffin’ wrong with dat…” he quickly tried to excuse himself, realizing once again that silence was at times better than words. So, uh… yeah, he must’ve been such a loser in her eyes. Fuck. Taki would not be proud of him, tell ya that.

But her next words made his eyes widen. She found him… really cute? Okay? Uhm… oh no, why was his face flaring up? Stop that, stop that, stop that! "Cute? C-C-… I-I-I guess I’m a lucky guy, den…” he shook it off as a mere fact, but he couldn’t stop the ticklish feeling from bubbling up in his throat, "… Y’all got Kōton to deal with, doe. Plenty o’ room for creativity.” Maybe he misunderstood her, but he genuinely thought that her Kekkei Genkai was cool.

"…” Shaking his head viciously, he’d return to the duty at hand, "Oddly damn quiet in ‘ere…” Holding his glow lamp closer to one of the walls, he’d begin to get a clearer look at what appeared to be linear lines dug into the rocks… as if the cavern had been dug out by someone with claws. And those claws looked sharp as well, but also heavy.

"Ya see these claw marks?”
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 9, 2023 8:42:10 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Burrow---

"Ok Sakuraba-kun~" She teases, but the way she beams up at him all blush tinted cheeks and happy when he calls her name properly is a sight to see. Mitsu's chest warming in a way she hadn't quite expected when she'd grown so used to resigning herself to 'Tantetsu-san' or just 'Mitsu'. Though maybe she wouldn't have minded so much if he'd called her 'Honey.' The thought catching her off guard as it was the little Kunoichi's turn to blink in confusion. Suddenly aware of the narrowing passage even more so do to the fact it had pressed her and Sakuraba close till now the two were nearly shoulder to shoulder to avoid brushing up against the walls.

Come to think of it it'd been a while since she'd seen a tunnel support... The girl blinking as Sakuraba lifted his lantern illuminating the large claw marks on the wall as Mitsu glanced at them, and then down at her feet where the one smooth tunnel floor had shifted to packed dirt leaving dread pooling within her stomach. The actually mine tunnel had ended a long time ago... now they were in some creatures burrow.

"Uh... Sakuraba-kun... I think this is a Mole Bear nest." She mutters voice pitched low as a loud rumbling growling echoed from further down the tunnel likely startling the two genin. "And it's angry." Mitsu managed to squeak out as the air was filled with the sound of scraping claws and snarling making it clear the owner of said nest was rapidly moving right towards them. Their lanterns giving the two genin their first glimpse of the beast in the darkness.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 276 |
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 10, 2023 12:34:31 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
… Damn, once she shed the troll covering her face, she actually looked… pretty cute. But obviously, it was just a façade, wasn’t it? As if he’d fall for something like that… he wasn’t that braindead. Still, it didn’t prevent his face from flaring up as he turned away from her angelic gaze. "A-Anyweh, darn hole cut us short,” he commented, noticing that the floor was getting less even, and that soft mounds of dirt provided the only foothold that they could embrace without doing ninja stuff.

"Ya… shiiiiieeeeeet,” he cursed under his silent breath at Mitsu’s realization. A Mole Bear nest… those big critters, huh? With the void eyes, the sharp teeth, the almost larvae-like bodies? Ah hell no-

Its scraping advance towards them was imminent, jumping out of the shadows like a WWE legend. Ain’t no way in hell that this freaky creature was going to throw its sack around like that, not on his watch. With the small room that they had, however, Sakuraba had to exert himself a little more than usual in order to pull this move off…

And so, he met the challenge head-on. Make no mistake, the Mole Bear was fast… relatively to a digger, but not in the free. And despite its girth, Sakuraba could twist his body forward and lock his arms around its neck without scraping himself too much on the tight walls of the tunnelway. First, a Full Nelson… and then-

Before the creature could swing its long claws at him, Sakuraba tested his flexible body even more by bending back towards the other side, with enough force to slam the Mole Bear’s face into the ground. -A Power Slam Counter! Perfect! For a brief moment, the Mole Bear was too stunned by the attack to move, but if Mitsu didn’t act upon the opening-

"Y-Ya turn, Mitsu-chan!” he called out, waiting to see her Kōton in action again… wait, she was just going to stab it with a kunai, right? To kill the mood? Stupid Mitsu…
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 10, 2023 13:54:59 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Molten Metal---

The Mole Bear was BIG. Big enough Mitsu wasn't certain what Sakuraba was thinking charging the thing head on, but to her surprise he actually managed to get it in a full nelson. The creature as perturbed at it's prey coming right for it as Mitsu was at the Okada's brazenness as the monster flailed against the blonde haired boys attack as he slammed the Mole Bears head into the floor. The tunnel around them shuddering from the impact and the scrape of the monsters claws as Mitsu flew through the seals for the Kōton: Ekikōsō [Steel Release: Liquid Steel Stream] to finish the Mole Bear off... only to realize Sakuraba unlike her was not immune to molten steel. The girl flinching through the last of the seals feeling her koton already bubbling to the surface beneath the best as she flung her wires out. The steel cables wrapping about Sakuraba instead of the Mole Bear likely confusing the larger boy. As with a twitch of her fingers she jerks him back and towards her...

Right as a molten gout of burning metal erupts beneath the beast coating it in napalm like metal as the animal screams and flails trying to retreat back from the geyser. It's eyes burned, and it's flesh melting under the heat as it goes into a death roll likely not long for this world, but the tunnel even less so.

"Quick this section is about to collapse!" Mitsu yells in warning not even waiting for Sakuraba to respond as she takes off dragging him with her through the air by her wires as the girl bolts hauling him behind her like a kite on a string.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
name: Kōton: Ekikōsō [Steel Release: Liquid Steel Stream]
cost: Low
class: Ninjutsu, Kekkei Tōta
element: Kōton
Opening a small rift in the ground, a jet of liquid steel spurts forth, coating a target in burning napalm-like liquid. The range is rather short however, due to the weight of the substance.

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 282 |
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 11, 2023 15:29:56 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Okay, let us see what nasty Kōton Techniques she had up her sleeve. The Mole Bear was crazy strong, and his grip was slowly loosening, albeit he kept it in place with all of his might. The Okada were all about gripping, grabbing, locking and holding down. That singular trait was the pride of their fighting style, and Sakuraba wasn’t about to be overcome by a damn animal.

Why was she standing st- oh wait, there they were. The steel wires that she was such a big fan of – can’t go anywhere without them, eh?! And yet, what the fuck… WHAT THE FUCK!?!!

WHY WAS HE ENSNARED IN IT?!?!

"W-WHADDA FUCK?!” he cried out in perplexed, mind-numbing confusion, only briefly seeing the molten geyser of steel coating the Mole Bear where he had stood only moments earlier, "Oh shit, da wuh close! Ya coulda turned me to an exhibit, ya moose!” Understandably pissed off, the situation only got crazier when she ran back to where they came from, hauling him along like a damn kite – Sakuraba tried his best to avoid-

Ouch, ouch, ouch-

-getting hit by debris and boulders, but the tunnel wasn’t waiting for them. Knocks, bonks and groans of pain could be heard coming from him, but he began twisting his body as they were charging out of the tunnel. His belly and stomach muscles, especially, helped him evade a rock that his face was about to slam into, and his legs and arms also got to slither around other rocky obstacles on his way to lessen the damage that he took. It was like playing… some kind of game, like a snake game.

"WHA- *bonk* - W-WAI- *bonk* - S-ST- *bonk* - DAMN I- *bonk*”
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 12, 2023 13:37:09 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Dust and Debris---

Mitsu did not in fact slow down. If anything the girl sped up with the rumble of collapsing dirt and rock behind them though t Sakuraba's cries of pain she did start trying to reel him in till he was right next to her. Allowing for when she dodged for him to be tugged along with her and out of the way of the worst of the danger. Until finally they burst from the end of the 'dead end' tunnel out into the main mining tunnel skidding to a halt in a plume of dust and dirt as Mitsu hacked and coughed. "T-that was *cough* that was close!" She explained doubled over trying to get the dust out of her lungs as the wire around Sakuraba finally loosened dropping the boy to the ground.

"Are you ok?" Mitsu questions turning to glance towards her partner, both of their lights dim in the darkness, the glass cracked and the two smeared with dirt and debris. "I've got a first aid kit if..." She trails off getting a good look at Sakuraba finally as she makes a little choking noise "Oh... oh kami you look like you lost a fight with a bag of wheat flower!" The girl laughs doubling over now not just from dirt and out of breath, but at the slight of her rather banged up teammate.

"Do you... do you want some bandages?" She questions between giggles. "I guess we can mark off that tunnel on our map... wait... where's the map?" Mitsu questions glancing around as she pales slightly.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 262 |
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 12, 2023 13:53:04 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
They made it, they made it, they fucking made it! Against all odds from his perspective, they made it out of the collapsing tunnel, and now they were back at the crossroads of the mine. And while Mitsu was so relieved to have made it out of there, Sakuraba was having all sorts of inner and outer pains deafening his relief – like, his body was aching… but truth be told, he would’ve sustained much more damage had he not played slithery snake with the boulders heading his way. His flexible stomach, back and leg muscles were put to the ultimate test right then and there, and thank the kamis that he reduced the damage taken…

"Faaaaaaaaaa… aaaaaaaaa…” he groaned in obvious waves of aching pain, a hand ever so slowly rising up to stretch a thumb up, "K-K-Kay… y-ya better warn me next taim…” His head might’ve gotten bonked a few too many times throughout the escape, but! But! BUT!

If you thought about it, they secured one of the tunnelways now… okay, it was nigh untraceable with all of the dirt that now buried it, but the Mole Bear was taken care of. And! He got to see her Kōton again – that molten metal that she burned the Mole Bear with-

Something about his sentence didn’t make sense. Metal that burned? Could they heat up metal too, like that in a forge?

"I-I got da map…” he reminded her, slowly picking it up from his pocket. The map was scratched by hitting the sides of the tunnel, scraped and bruised, but it was still usable, "I c-coulda need sum bands, ya fuckin' stoat…”
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]May 12, 2023 14:03:52 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Mission Complete---

"All right all right. Here let me clean you up and get you bandaged up." Mitsu agrees finally straightening from her laughter as she makes sure the map is out of the way before she cleans the worst of the dirt off of Sakuraba with her canteen before bandaging up his cuts and bruises best she could. He looked a bit like a snow country trainwreck, but he wasn't bleeding anymore and she even had painkiller meds which she gave him passing him the canteen to sip as she took the map. Marking off the tunnel they had collapsed as 'cleared.'

"The other tunnel only goes down a little further. Come on we're almost done." She assures Sakuraba. Slinging the boys arm over her shoulder as they limp into the darkness. Thankfully only finding sheer rock and no cracks or other unpleasant surprises at the end of the last tunnel. Leaving them to make their faltering way back up to the surface. Their job thankfully done.

"We should probably get you to cousin Souma. I'm pretty sure you have a concussion." Mitsu adds as she half considers just scooping Sakuraba up with her wire again... but in a rare change of heart decides maybe it's best to let him maintain his dignity as the two make their way towards the Iwagakure hospital to get the Okada's scrapes and bruises tended too before making their report. Their paychecks thankfully prompt and not too shabby for the risky work.

"Man too bad we couldn't catch that Mole Bear. It would have made a rather nice rug." The girl quips with a shake of her head. An idea for another time perhaps?

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 271 |