Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]

compose a reply
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 8, 2023 16:53:36 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Expectations---

Mitsu tried so hard not to fidget with excitement where they waited by the docks to catch a boat out to the Iron Fort Sea Ship. Not only was she getting to go see a massive floating metal ship, but she was getting to go on a mission with her Aniki! Oh and Sakuraba was there too. She guesses that's probably a plus. Hopefully he wouldn't embarrass her in front of her brother as Mitsu would be the first to admit she really wanted to show Morihito what a cool and competent shinobi she was growing into. With cool and compitent and definitely not weirdo teammates who keep staring at her when they think she's not looking. At least it's just Sakuraba today. She's pretty sure he can manage to not get caught, but if it was Uta and Sakuraba one of them was certain to get spotted by her brother and then he'd ask her why her teammates were so weird and she'd have to tell him she doesn't know and die of mortification.

Thus would end her glorious career as a shinobi.

But that's NOT going to happen. As turning Mitsu narrows her gaze on Sakuraba with all the intensity of a magnifying glass held over an ant. "So... my Aniki is going to be leading us on this mission. He's like really cool. Definitely the best big brother in the world." She begins with a bright smile full of threats and false cheer as she leans right into Sakuraba's face.

"You're not going to fuck this up for me right?" Mitsu mutters through gritted teeth chakra weighted with intensity. She doesn't wait for her teammate to answer.

"Right. Cause you're a good boy." She states as where a moment ago she looked ready to tear his throat out with her teeth she's now all sugar and sweetness her smile expectant. "My teammates could only ever be the absolute best of course. So it's obvious you'll do your best." Mitsu states as though by her word alone she could force this into reality and maybe she could. She was a stubborn one after all. That stubbornness probably the only thing that marked her solidly as a Tantetsu.

SA's

Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 370 |
Keen has written 67 posts
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 9, 2023 7:29:19 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
I'm done being the eternal second.
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday November 10th rank Genin occupation
Mitsu was a weirdo, so obviously, her family must’ve been weirdos too. And yet, it all depended on whose point of view you saw things from… Mitsu made that abundantly clear to him. He felt like he was being burned alive by her eyes only, but he was damn stubborn himself. He didn’t budge from his position, even with her heavy gaze weighing his neck down. Her Aniki, her brother, would lead them on this mission, and she wanted to impress him…

He looked so monotone. Like, he got what she meant – who didn’t want to impress their family? Damn, he could at least relate to her in a way – if it was Taki leading them on this mission, then he’d probably overcompensate with crackhead menace himself. "A-"

He didn’t get to answer. Obviously. Although, she could stop with the ‘good boy’ title right damn now – just hearing that made his skin shiver and his veins press in a way he couldn’t possibly explain. And it was scary. Hellish horror. She could stop that right fucking now. "…” Damn it all… he needed some better motivation than that. Yeah, yeah, absolute best teammates out there – sounded like he was held at knifepoint.

With his hands in his pockets, he sighed deeply. "Yes… Mitsu-chan. I’ma do ma best, ‘course. If I don’t, who will?” he spoke up with an uncanny, wide smile on his face, "Ya Aniki sounds laik a badass, a real fuckin’ legend. Would be too bad if ya made a fool of ya self…” Honestly, he didn’t intend to sabotage her – that’d just get himself killed, financially, carrier-illy, metally and physically. But… somehow…

Mitsu had been messing around with him a bit too much. He wanted revenge.
Koji has written 76 posts
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 9, 2023 13:04:10 GMT -5
Tantetsu Morihito
Tantetsu Morihito Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
✪ Yamatate Captain ✪

The night before they met up for their trip for the mission to a boat. Which side note boats were not his favorite thing in the world. He is not a big boat person. Something about being his size and the fact there is no earth. He would meet up with Mitsu for dinner at their favorite noodle place "As you know I am leading your mission while out at sea. On this mission while we are working it it either sir, captain morihito, or something like that. Do you understand? It is a work trip not a family vacation. Now during down times I do not care but while working it is official business and nomenclature.” They would eat in peace and have a good conversation.

The next day with his luggage and in his captain’s uniform walked a mountain of a man in sunglasses and his official hat with some luggage. He would walk up "Good morning Mitsu and Sakuraba. Are you all packed and ready for the trip on the boat? Ok you two will being staying with the normal crew while I am in my officers quarters. Go explore the ship and meet me in my room in 2 hours for a mission briefing.” He would then board the boat ahead of the two Genin and would talk to the captain. He would then head to his room and would start to get the briefing for the two Genin ready and would start putting his clothes and things away.

✪ Yamatate Captain ✪
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

last edit by Tantetsu Morihito on May 10, 2023 20:25:56 GMT -5
has written 66 posts
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 9, 2023 13:53:23 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Disappointment---

Mitsu narrowed her eyes at Sakuraba her gaze promising painful painful retribution if the boy thought he could ruin this for her. Luckily for the Okada he was saved from being made a preemptive example by the arrival of Morihito. The little Kunoichi smartening right up as she straightens at the sight of the man having recalled their conversation from last night. She'd tried hard not to let her Aniki's words hurt her. This was a mission of course and not a family vacation and she wanted to do well. She just wished he'd trust her to do well on her own.

'And it's not like we've ever been on a family vacation together,' Mitsu silently thought, the girl struggling not to sulk as she stared down at her feet. Her Brother was always too busy. The girl uncharacteristically reserved from what Sakuraba had seen of the usually vibrant little Kunoichi as she mumbled out a "Yes sir." To Morihito's orders. As Mitsu nudged her teammate towards the small transport ship that was due to take them out to the massive Iron Fort Warship that lurked just on the edge of the horizon. They'd be living on the little ship for the next few days as it remained tied up next to the warship so they could delve under the water to clean off the barnacles and other debris that had gotten stuck to the hull.

With two hours to kill Mitsu was quick to stay out on the deck. The lapping of the ocean waves and bobbing of the boat as it took off from the dock towards their destination making her feel a little better about the situation. She was still excited to spend time with Morihito, but some of the shine had certainly worn off as she realized her Brother meant what he had said.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 306 |
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 10, 2023 13:25:31 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
This mountain of a man was a sight to behold, dear lord, he was big. Instinctively, he too straightened up and remembered how to act – after all, he didn’t want to embarrass the captain of today’s mission… he wanted to troll Mitsu-chan. She 100% deserved it, and she 100% knew that deep inside.

He nodded in agreement and made a mental check of all of his equipment… yup, it was all ready. "Ya, sir,” he replied, not capable of letting go of his accent even in the presence of authority. Truth be told… this would be the second time, most likely, where he’d been on a boat. And to think that the transport ship wasn’t even the actual boat that they talked about – like, daaaaaaamn? She didn’t have to be so impatient, he was following suit… but Mitsu-chan did act way more quiet in her big brother’s presence. It was so adorable.

… Oh shit, if he angered her too much, he’d have nowhere to run. That ship was cut off from any land, so he’d have to be smart about his approach. So… while sailing towards the warship, they had time to kill, eh? All discreet and not, Sakuraba quickly went to glance over the deck and down to the waving water’s surface, visibly appearing to… suddenly struggle with something that had caught his hand. "D-Damn, stupid lil’- g-get off-"

Rapidly shaking whatever that was off of his hand and turning around, he readjusted his sitting to look as chilled as ever. Whistling quietly, he’d then try to stir up a conversation: "So… das ya big brodda. Not gonna lie, none at all how I imagin’ him lookalike. Like a damn hunka cliff o’ silver compared to ya petite ass… I outta ask ‘em for sum tips. Ye, good idea – I’ma go do that!”

Sakuraba would spend the rest of the 2 hours napping, unless otherwise in need of responding. At one point, he'd open his eyes and speak: "Justa bunch’a octopi down ‘ere, I thought we got bigger bois to deal with… oceans ain’t dat scary, I bet… hmh, maybe I oughta check-”

He'd get up on his feet and approach the edge of the deck… and time would move slowly. That was, until a huge wave slammed upon the side of the boat, frightening him to the point where he leapt backwards and landed on his butt in sheer shock. He quickly recovered, but fucking hell. "D-Daaaaaamn, dat shit wuh close - fuck me."
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 10, 2023 20:26:26 GMT -5
Tantetsu Morihito
Tantetsu Morihito Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
✪ Yamatate Captain ✪

Morihito would lose track of time especially in this smaller boat waiting for the Dramamine to kick in. Drinking plenty of water but nothing would help. He would have taken his captain's uniform off and would have his civilian clothes on. He would be in the bathroom throwing up when the two Genin would knock on his door and he would just instinctively say come on in. "I am sorry, give me a minute and read those handouts.” He would then go throw up and rinse his mouth out. Then come back out and say "ok I think my medicine is starting to kick in. I am starting to feel better. So as you can see from our handout the ship is about 3-5 hours away depending on the tide so we can take a break till then. After that we will be looking for orcas or sharks and kill them or at least deter them enough to protect those navy men who are cleaning the hull. So Raiton is not an option because that would hurt the men. So what do you guys think? Obviously, this is not my forte, the ocean or boats. I did not take my medicine in time because this was a bit of a last minute thing for me because I had some office work. But think about it; however , be on guard in case anything on the way happens. But you can stand down till we get to the ship which is hopefully a little less wavy and more stable.”

✪ Yamatate Captain ✪
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

has written 66 posts
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 13, 2023 13:04:04 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Bigger Fish--

"He takes after the Tantetsu side of the family and I look like the Hisakawa side of the family," Mitsu explains with a loose shrug, but she couldn't help, but smirk as Sakuraba got himself bit and then promptly soaked. Not that either of them were gonna stay drying during this mission. The girl snickering as she shook her head. "You look like a drowned cat." She teases with a laugh to see Sakuraba pouting so fiercely.

"Don't worry there's plenty of bigger fish down there. There's always a bigger fish," Mitsu assures him, "And we're probably going to see some scraping those barnacles off the side of the ship and protecting the other workers doing so." She adds as the two head below deck to see Morihito. The poor man looking more than a little pale and seasick as Mitsu frowns. She was a bit upset with her brother, but she did love him and to see him looking so miserable upset her.

"Captain maybe you should try nibbling on some crackers? It'll help with the medicine. That stuff isn't good to take on an empty stomach." She suggests deciding not to give him false hope about the Iron Fort. The ship was larger yes, and likely more stable out beyond the wave breaks, but that meant the waves when they did happen were bigger and the entire ship shifted and flexed with them.

"But I understand sir. Protect the navy men, help clean the hull, run off or kill any sea life that might try to hurt us or them. Will you be join us underwater Sire?" She questions her words a little stiff. Still uncertain how to deal with the man that was both her brother and team leader and how to treat him.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 298|
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 14, 2023 12:12:04 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
So Tantetsu looked more like metal, while the Hisakawa looked prettier? Now he just felt a little bad for Morihito, that warehouse of a man… too bad that Sakuraba was too mortified by the loud waves to think further about that. Nah, he wasn’t a coward! Those waves just caught him lacking!

He was pouting madly, though. The waves really got to him right then and there, but to catch him with his pants down in Mitsu-chan’s presence was such a damn, disrespectful move from the ocean. It would pay for that! "I dun givah shit ‘bout those big fish, they just declared wuh…” he cursed with a vein crossing his entire forehead, "Think dey can jumpscare me laik dat… buncha pushovahs…”

He continued cursing those marine animals to oblivion on their way below deck to meet up with Morihito again… huh, was he going to be okay? Genuinely, Morihito looked a little beside himself, and that was quite an achievement for a captain of his caliber and appearance. Sakuraba could only tilt his head at the scene, nodding in agreement with the task at hand – the large, distant ship’s hull was being cleaned by navy men, and the two Genins’ job was to protect them from curious orcas, sharks and other marine animals that would like to impose themselves upon the hull.

"Ah, f-ffffff-yes, understood…” Sakuraba affirmed regarding the prohibition from using Raiton, his favorite element. He couldn’t help but stuff his hands into his drenched pockets and daydream about beating up the mean fish that made a fool out of him earlier… maybe eat a few of them, while he was at it.

"No Raiton means… gotta shank ‘em if they get close. I can do dat,” the young Okada confirmed with a raised head, "Consider dose navy men safe, sir! If push comes ta shove, Mitsu-chan can just fish ‘em all back up again befoh da shankers can munch on ‘em. Laik fishin’ wid live man bait…”
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 15, 2023 16:45:52 GMT -5
Tantetsu Morihito
Tantetsu Morihito Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
✪ Yamatate Captain ✪

”Thanks Mitsu, we should meet at the mess hall after this. I will try to remember that for next time and you both can relax. We are not technically on duty till we get out to the warship.” He would say appreciative. Then he would say ”in your handout you see some things we might have to look out for. Including orcas and sharks. Now we aren’t going to just go killing them all preferably if we could be a deterrence but if it comes down to it kill them. I will be in the water walking on top with some steel with me. Avoid using Raiton if possible. We do not want to shock the navy men. But we are the protection and the sooner they are done the sooner I can get back to solid ground. Back to the village and back to comfy dirt. I feel like melting this ship down stead of working on it. But I am not incharge, I get a mission, I do a mission. So it is 10:00 meet me on the the deck at 1300 for our ship transfer when that captain will give us more details. Now I am going to eat some noodles for brunch. You can explore the ship or join me. If you all have any questions or statements please continue.” After they continue their conversation answering any questions then he would continue ushering them out then locking the door. He would head down to where the kitchen and mess hall was and would eat.
[/color]

[/div]
✪ Yamatate Captain ✪
[/div]ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ[/div]
has written 66 posts
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 17, 2023 11:06:39 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Orca's---

"Sorry Cap'n you can't melt down this ship or the War Ship, but we should be there by the time lunch is over so we can get to work on a full stomach. Which is good. That water is going to be coooold." Mitsu confirms perking up a little bit at the prospect of going for a swim. She loved the ocean and honestly strongly considered signing up for the navy in addition to the Blast Corps. Working out on the open water sounded like her idea of heaven.

"Come on Sakuraba-kun. Let's head back up to the deck. We can grab some instant noodles and eat up there so you can see us pulling up to the war ship. The Iron Fort is MASSIVE." She explains as she stands up leaving her brother to recover. "Then we can get down into the water with the Navy men and get to work." The Girl adds grabbing the pair of them said instant noodle cups with some hot water to make them with. Leaving her poor brother to recover himself and his pride without the prying eyes of curious little genin giggling at him.

"So just so you know most sharks if you boop them hard right on the snout they'll go away. You don't have to kill them. Orca's though... they're a lot bigger and a lot harder, but they don't usually target humans. They might be hungry though and then they get a lot less choosy." She adds turning to glance towards Sakuraba. Sure the sharks weren't her sharks, but Mitsu didn't really want to hurt them.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 268 |
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 17, 2023 13:01:22 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Orcas… those suckers looked awesome! That black and white color! Their torpedo-like bodies! Were these… uh, they looked a little friendlier than sharks, but they also had to be wary of both. So these orcas must’ve been very dangerous, but… he couldn’t put his finger on why, but they looked kind of adorable. At least, by the appearance in the handout.

"Roger dat, Taichō, I won’d shock our naveh bois- I mean, da naveh men,” he corrected himself out of respect, "I can do moh dan just Raiton, doe… like grabbin’ stuff, liftin’ stuff-" Oh, noodles sounded great right now – even though he had eaten breakfast already, who would say no to noodles? Especially since they had 3 hours until they reached the Iron Fort, which – according to a very enthusiastic Mitsu-chan – was one huge ass ship.

"Dat Iron Fort is dat massif? Shiiiiet, it like a floatin’ village?” he wondered with a raised brow at the very idea… oh, noodles! Why, thank you, Mitsu-chan – almost as if she read his mind… or read the obvious. "Nooooice, dank you, Mitsu-chan! I wuz starvin’!” he thanked her before indulging in some noodle slurping with puffed cheeks and a bright, happy look on his goofy face. For now, they’d give Morihito-taichō some space…

”… All ya haf ta do is boop ‘em on da nose? Why da fu- wuh?” He did not believe that for a few seconds, "Sawch a dum weak point, doe… dar noses are rite on da front o’ deir faces.” Did that mean that they got scared of bumping into walls underwater or something? Did they get scared of swimming into prey? What a weird thing! It sure made a lot of question marks leak out of his ears when he heard from her… but orcas sounded friendly- RELATIVELY friendly.

"Sounds ezy ta scare ‘em sharks off, bawt da orcas… ‘nother story. I saw dat dey look laik dolphins, doe – maybe dey’re intelligent like ‘em, too? Intelligent enuff ta leef us be, if we… if we… if… if we… uhhhhhh… *noodle slurp sound*” Yeah, his brain was loading, give him a second or two…
Dangerous Sea Scales [Mission]May 30, 2023 19:37:20 GMT -5
Tantetsu Morihito
Tantetsu Morihito Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Morihito would sit back in his chair then he would get up to walk down to mess hall with the two Genin. "Since we are technically off duty. How are you two doing on your new team together? Any good stories I do not know about yet. I doubt it but I keep track of everyone’s progress who is important to me. Mitsu and Souma and some other cousins help out when I can.” He would continue as they get their noodles. He had 2 or 3 cups due to his size. He always ate quite a lot but he remembers trying to put food on the table sometimes when times were tight for the family. He always made sure Mitsu ate but sometimes he would not get his fill till he got his job at the guardian corp. They would have a lovely dinner and would talk some more.

"Well sharks have a lot of sensory organs in the tip and their noses. So it is a very sensitive area that is why sharks are not my biggest concern. It is some rogue orcas. They are very smart and cunning and usually hunt in family units called pods. They usually stick to themselves and do not usually attack humans however once I can get off the boat I will be able to think more. Can I run to it? I will be down there because it’s the boat not water. I will be ok and walk on the water. I will support you two from the top. Sound like a plan?”
has written 66 posts