compose a reply
The Churning of WaterMay 10, 2023 18:52:21 GMT -5
Kiseragi Hozuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kiseragi Hozuki Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday Nov 1st rank Jounin occupation Seven Swordsman
Time had came and gone.

The Hozuki known as Kiseragi had finally been released to active duty and even though he had lost the 3rd seat as a result of his illness, he was given a new opportunity with a new weapon. His day started with him waking to the evasive poking of the sun through his blinds. The warm rays poked and prodded at his face until he had stirred awake, his left hand moving slightly to shield his yellow eyes from them before a yawn soon escaped his lips. Sitting up he looked over toward the chair adjacent to his bed which held the legendary weapon Kabutowari, his new partner. Shifting for only a moment he would stand tall and stretch before scratching at his stomach that had soon after began to rumble with the ferocity of the earth. The first thing he did was take a long drink from the glass of water that had been on a nearby nightstand before sighing in relief. Getting dressed he would wear his usual attire- his jounin flak jacket underneath a long black jacket. Black pants. And lastly black boots. Within the loops of the pants sat his Kiri headband. Before he walked out of the room he would grab the hammer and axe combo, attaching the axe onto a loop on his jacket and the hammer firmly on his belt loop. Slowly each foot would be placed in front of the other as he left his home, his destination? The Mizukage's office. 

So much had changed since his hospitalization and one of those things had been a shifting of power. The Mizukage that had been in power during his tenure had been replaced by someone new and that meant introducing himself. If he was going to be in the Seat of the Seven Swordsman he would need to make himself known no? So with that his stride carried him through the village and to the large building that would house his conversation. Something had caused him to pause for a moment before he opened the door. How long had it been since he had last been in these walls? No matter. Pushing the door open the Jounin would walk in proudly and declare the reason he had been here. Of course he would follow the proper protocol, announcing himself to the secretary," Good morning. Jounin Hozuki Kiseragi reporting to meet with the Mizukage," he would of course wait for a moment or two before walking the familiar path he had known so well. 

Memories flowed through his mind of the past where he had came through these halls. First to be promoted to Jounin. The second to receive Hirameikari. And here he was now. How much had changed since he was no longer within the forces? Only one way to find out. The soft pattering of bootsteps would fill the hall until he stopped at the door of the office. With his right hand he would knock upon the door three times before walking in and announcing himself.

"Good morning Lord Mizukage." 

These would be the first of many words to leave his mouth as he awaited a response and then from there he would see what would come of this.
Egglandsaga has written 3 posts
The Churning of WaterMay 13, 2023 8:41:11 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world
The morning had come with the peaceful chirping of summer birds, the crow of a nearby rooster in the Kaguya compound, and the strange peppering of sunlight into the Mizukage's bedroom. The teen stirred at such a sight, it was rare in the village, he knew many would be happy with this - especially the farmers who grew valuable crops to feed the nation and bring in equally valuable money to circulate into the economy of the village and nation. The circle of life, he sat and stretched feeling the bandages along his torso pull a little bit. Soon, he would need new ones, or perhaps he would need to wash the ones he had though this sort of cloth seemed to fall apart in abrasive washing conditions.

A simple breakfast was had, Toru had never gotten the hang of posh food. He ate like the most common of people in his village on a day to day basis - mackerel, tea and rice. The tea was one that Daichi had selected for him sometime ago, he still had some petals from it, and he treasured it - though he would never admit to it in the cool light of day.

The Daimyo and Mizukage had a busy day today, as all days. So he ate and dressed in his plain garbs - a summer yukata, and standard issue sandals, taking Takashi with him for the day the wolf and he wandered towards the opposite side of the village towards where the administrative tower was, where his office was at the very top of the tower itself. He walked in, waved mannerlessly towards some individuals who worked in the building before he rose to the top and went to sit on his proverbial throne, to wear his figurative crown as he looked over schedules, missions and debriefs in an endless supply of paperwork to do.

Takashi had settled with a whine in the corner of the semi-circular room donned in dark illustrious browns and beautiful shades of blue.

The secretary noted the Hozuki's arrival and told him where to go - though he seemed to already know. The guards that stood at Toru's door opened it for the man to let him inside. Toru, already expecting the Hozuki had brewed another cup of tea and the entire office had started to smell of a grassy floral scent, rich, deep, slightly bitter, of a wonderfully sourced matcha.

The white haired teenager's back was turned when the door opened and the man announced himself, he glanced over his shoulder briefly.

"Good morning," It was a simple greeting, with no particular expression that rose to his features. Some might have smiled, but Toru did not such thing. In fact, nothing seemed to pass, he just remained at the pot that he had heating up.

"Tea?" He offered, staring at the green swirling around.

"You may sit." There was a seat, directly across where Toru sat at his desk, some preferred to stand but Toru felt it was far more casual if an individual sat across him and they had some tea.

Han has written 2,374 posts
The Churning of WaterJun 10, 2023 15:20:54 GMT -5
Kiseragi Hozuki
Kiseragi Hozuki Avatar
groupnull
There was a small silence that filled the room before the Mizukage spoke, and the Hozuki took the time to look over the male that had just been adjacent from him. Nothing in his mind had remembered the male in any capacity but that was neither here nor there. He had done something to earn his position and that in itself garnered the Jounin's respect. When the question of tea came up, Kiseragi would remove his weapon from his back and sit it to the right of the chair and smile revealing those shark like teeth of his," As long as it is fresh I do not mind," and soon after he had taken the opportunity to sit. Moving the hood out of his way he eyed the room for a small moment before speaking up once more," I have not been in this office in quite some time but nothing has changed except for the one occupying it. So congratulations on being the Mizukage even if it is late. I figured since I was now back in active duty I would announce myself and also meet the one I would be fighting for and alongside. How long have you been the Mizukage," the question would be asked as the tea was passed around and sipped slowly. The heat honestly didn't bother him since he simply just "melded" with the water like substance.

One thing he would notice was that the Mizukage looked either younger or the same age as the swordsman, but even age was ambiguous in these trying times. For now however he would sip his tea and answer any arising questions from the male to make this interaction a little better.
The Churning of WaterJun 12, 2023 15:07:36 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world
"It is the finest there is." Which was true, Toru had gotten interested in tea ever since he had taken up his position in the office. It was something that gave his mind some solace, something to savor and enjoy while he was filling out paperwork, and constantly seeing people come in and out of his office with requests. This was something that centered and grounded him, so of course he had the nicest teas brought to him. Daichi brought some too on occasion to please him, and it was in some ways very endearing to the young leader.

Once the tea brewed properly he poured it into two ceramic cups that were carefully painted with white and red dancing cranes on a blue field. Wisps of trees decorated the top as well. He settled one in front of the Hozuki, a kettle between them both as he sat down in his polished, old, chair.

"Thank you." He responded quietly, curtly. He was not lacking in politeness but the emotion behind it was not there. It was as if Toru could not, or would not feign niceties. The feelings were dampened in a way that was not uncommon for a boy who had seen and done what Toru had experienced up to this point in his life.

"Almost two years now." Soon, soon it would be two years of carrying the weight of over a million people upon his shoulders. Some might call it a burden but Toru saw it as an opportunity to lighten and better the lives of many. He was seeing it through every day he sat in this office, no matter how many enemies died in the process of that goal. It was what had made him such a stable figure in the last several years. People had learned to trust him.

"And I welcome you back into the forces, I hope you will serve myself and the village well. I see a bright prosperous future for you."

The Churning of WaterJun 19, 2023 9:45:49 GMT -5
Kiseragi Hozuki
Kiseragi Hozuki Avatar
groupnull
From what he could tell Toru was a man of few words, but one thing he could point out that was probably interesting was that his tone was to the point. Not people people had the skill to do so always faking politeness to try and please others but not the Mizukage. Taking a sip of the tea would be taken aback by its aroma and taste which brought a soft, but quick smile to his face as he sat the cup down. Two years he had said. Almost as long if not longer than him being decommissioned due to illness. The cup was sat down for a moment as he pondered on the words of the Mizukage, only opting to think of what exactly to say. Shrugging mentally he would finally respond as the cup was picked up into his left hand," It is my desire to make up for the time I have missed due to my illness though so many things have changed since my last appearance. I cannot remember who the last to wield this blade was but I hope my old partner has found itself in the hands of a great swordsman. Off topic however, i'd like to learn more about your Lord Mizukage. You never know when the time will come where we will have to stand on the battlefield with one another."
The Churning of WaterJun 30, 2023 21:12:27 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru quietly observed the moment, his gaze upon Kiseragi as he took his first sip of the tea. Then and there his features would light up, seemingly enjoying the expensive beverage that had been given to him. Toru was glad, though it hardly held the crux of the conversation. Though Toru could certainly hold a conversation about tea and their qualities, there was a careful meticulous nature to how one brewed just the right cup of tea. Toru found in the last few years of being the leader, that it soothed his mind almost as much as holding a blade in training did.

The fellow swordsman spoke, explaining that he desired to make up for lost time. Toru doubted that it would be possible. Time lost was time lost. But there was always a place for everyone in the world to prove themselves. It was more difficult when one lagged behind, but it was not impossible. He would look forward to Kiseragi's growth, as he worked to prove his worth once more as he so desired.

"I am sure you will meet them in due time and be able to discern that for yourself," Toru responded taking a quiet drink of his tea, allowing himself to savor the taste before he was asked about himself.

"What is it you would like to know?" The young leader did not find himself to be a particularly interesting person. Not talkative, someone who worked in an office quite a bit. Perhaps the most interesting thing about him was the fact that he was a leader of an entire nation at such a young age - no one else in the world could say that about themselves.