Makers Mark [Training]

compose a reply
Makers Mark [Training]May 17, 2023 13:26:15 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Rites of Passage---

Mitsu was... while not exactly ostracized by her clan she was rarely sought out by them and rarely did she seek them out in turn. Her happiest moment had to have been when Morihito and her got their little house and she no longer had to deal with the prying eyes of whichever Tantetsu family she was forced to stay with that week. She didn't care if the house was a bit small or if the hot water ran out quickly. It was home.

One of the few exceptions to Mitsu and the Tantetsu's mutual agreement to ignore one another was Souma. Cousin Souma was by and large probably Mitsu's favorite cousin and one of the few who knew about her kinjutsu. More importantly Cousin Souma was a a year older, thus wiser, and also 'dating' an Okada. Thus Mitsu doubted Souma hadn't decorated their Okada with some good Tantesu steel and the younger girl wanted to do the same. She just needed to learn the proper jutsu. Which is what brought Mitsu to her cousin's favorite training grounds. The younger girl hovering by the sidelines as she watched her older cousin practice as she tried to figure out what and how to ask and when...

"Souma-Oneesan uh... IkissedanOkadaboyandhekissedmeback. I... uh wanted some advice and to make him something nice. Canyouteachme?" She blurted out the speed of her words only hastened by watching her cousin rip a literal boulder out of the ground with her bare hands.

"I don't really... no one has time to teach me and they already think I learned how to make weapons cause I'm better with liquid metal..." Mitsu explains knowing in her heart she could probably teach herself, but she wanted to learn with Cousin Souma. It was supposed to be something special for the Tantetsu, but those little moments had always been passed over by the siblings in favor of just trying to survive and regain her families pride.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 330 |
Keen has written 67 posts
Makers Mark [Training]May 17, 2023 14:31:42 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 463 | notes

Souma glanced to Mitsu, but she seemed to be distracted, mulling something over. Giving her time to think, Souma pushed a gauntleted hand into the packed earth beneath a large boulder, the dirt crumbling to the sides of her fingers, and flung her arm upwards, sending the boulder into the air, launched by a burst of chakra from her fingertips. Staring at the stone and bracing- she'd have preferred a more realistic target, but she was confident there weren't many that would survive her practicing this technique- and then her arms blurred into motion!

The boulder halted midair, abruptly starting to spin violently in one direction and then another as whipping swipes of Souma's steel cables struck it from all around, trapping it in a barrage of blows before allowing it to descend... and landing a single spinning back kick that turned the boulder into rock dust and gravel skittering into the corner of the training field.

The request for advice wasn't surprising. Souma was smart, and she knew a lot of things, and wasn't shy about sharing her information! What WAS surprising was the context. Souma's cheeks colored behind the high collar of the robes she wore beneath her armor, and she cleared her throat. "I have very good and very bad news for you, nee-chan," Souma responded as her coils wrapped into an obi form behind her back, turning to face Mitsu. "Good is that I happen to be dating an Okada myself, as I suspect you know. And I, too, have kissed an Okada- though she kissed me, I was the one that kissed back.

The bad news is that was last week."

She moved to stand, or sit, by Mitsu, as she felt most comfortable, her cables constructing a sort of hammock loveseat for them to share. "I am not sure I have much more experience than you do, but I am happy to assist."

And then the conversation became more pointed, and Souma sighed in relief. "THAT I can help with, yes," she confirmed. "Though- the Create technique is... fast work. Not truly suitable to making a gift. Would you not prefer to hand... forge..." She processed the statement about nobody having time to teach her. "... I see. Well. I can certainly teach you the technique, but I believe we should spend some time in the forges soon. If you intend to gift your very own musclehead with his... his? Her? His. You said him. His own Tantetsu token of affection, I believe it will mean more if it is something you form with your skill, and not just your chakra. Does that makes sense?"

Used Evil Wind and Tree Leaf Strong Whirlwind augmented by CES!

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 347 posts
Makers Mark [Training]May 17, 2023 14:57:13 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Unwelcome--

Mitsu settles down on the metal hammock chair next to her cousin and tries not to look too disappointed that Souma doesn't know much about dating an Okada or well... "I... think he and I are dating. We've not really said so and I don't know what's well... normal for his clan." She explains as she draws and fiddles with one of her own kunai needing the feeling of her hands occupied in that moment. The repetitive motion easing the tight knot within her chest she couldn't quite explain. The same knot that just got tighter when Souma mentioned the forges.

"I don't think they'd welcome me in the forges..." Mitsu murmurs uncertain how to express herself in that moment? Should she be happy? Sad? Their disinterest didn't matter to her, but it still left an emptiness in her. So for once the girl settles on allowing the practiced emotions to slide off her face. Her expression flat if a little eerily blank.

"They don't like how I do things and I don't like how they do things. I've caused a lot of accidents when we've butted heads." She admits as her mouth slowly curls into a stubborn and resentful frown. Nor did she have parents to learn from so every day it was a different teacher and every teacher did things a different traditional way and none of them liked it when she took the best of each way for herself. It had to be there way. So Mitsu just did it hers after being sent back to coal and water duty enough times. Until finally one day she was sent away all together.

"I don't really have a talent for creating. I just have a talent for destroying," She repeats the words she'd heard so many many times, "So... making it from chakra is good enough. Sakuraba-kun won't care. I'll still be the one making it." Mitsu adds as the girl draws up her legs, chin at rest on her knees, and arms around her legs.

"I just want to make him something nice that he won't feel burdened by."

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 353 |
Makers Mark [Training]May 20, 2023 2:42:28 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 346 | notes

"His clan is not big on traditions outside the ring and business around it. They care more about the truth of feelings, sincerity, strength, and the willingness to use it for the right reasons. Though they consider themselves the best informed on what those right reasons are, I can warn you of that much," Souma admits quietly. "I and Taki do not always see eye to eye on that marker, but I still support her. It has never been such a big disconnect we could not find a way forward."

Souma looked puzzled at the idea of Mitsu being unwelcome in the forges. She looked away, transparently trying to remember if she'd heard any such things. "That does... not... sound right to me. You are not a clan traitor or any such things. Surely there is room for you to find your own way to forge..?" She frowned more firmly. "I will inquire. I feel it likely there has been a misunderstanding on somebody's part. I am not sure who's."

"Destroying is most effective when one understands the fundamentals of creation. One cannot effectively undermine the strength of a thing without knowing those strengths, and what would make it weak in the first-"

She stopped, watching Mitsu draw into herself.

"... I am rambling. I apologize, the thoughts... just run away with me sometimes." She recentered. Deep breath. Then she moved to kneel in front of Mitsu, placing her hands on the girl's knees.

"Then we will start by making him something he will know is from you. Something that proves you thought of him, and put effort into improving his life, for no reason besides finding value in him and his well being." She paused another moment.

"Can... I ask why you think he would feel burdened by a gift? You are not a burden. Your affection is not a burden. Why do you think he would perceive your gift as a burden?"

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 347 posts
Makers Mark [Training]May 22, 2023 20:42:22 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---A Gift---

Mitsu slowly closes in on herself. The girl's expression flat as she listens to Souma's words. Of course she was welcome in the forges, of course it was just a misunderstanding, of course the problem like always was just her. The little Tantetsu knew all too well how these conversations always went though she tries to plaster on a weak smile for her cousin. "Sure Oneesan. I'm probably just overthinking things." Mitsu murmurs her tone polite, but guarded. Her expression only opening up a bit when the topic turned to her Okada.

"His name is Sakuraba. He's kinda an idiot, but he's a very smart idiot and he's a lot of fun to ruffle and tease." The girl explains her amber gold eyes sparking with a bit more life now. "But his clan tease him a lot too and not always in the friendly way. I don't want to give him anything that will get him teased if he's self-conscious." Mitsu explains recalling how compared to other Okada Sakuraba seemed a little shy. It was cute and just made Mitsu want to tease him more, but she couldn't very well let others steal those moments from her.

"I was thinking maybe a necklace or something to protect his throat that he could hide under his hoodie." Mitsu explains before pausing a spark of malice to that bright gaze, "Or maybe something to serve as a warning to others." She muses looking thoughtful. If you can't hide it, flaunt it, as one might say.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 253|