compose a reply
Right of Light! [C-Rank Mission | Mitsu]May 18, 2023 11:23:22 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
I'm done being the eternal second.
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday November 10th rank Genin occupation
Sacred ground.

A bright, marble room around him, as Sakuraba found himself sitting on a stone bench. They weren’t in one of the Okada clan’s gyms, no, this place was far more rural. Marble and stone surrounded him, and there was an entrance that led to a wide, stony colosseum-like area outside. Right now, Sakuraba was preparing his equipment, having been led here by friendly members of Hikari’s religion – they had requested for a couple of Iwa-nin to help them with sparring. Apparently, the members of this religion wanted experience in fighting shinobi, and due to the alliance between Iwagakure and these followers, it’d do them best to teach those faithful how to defend themselves against shinobi and their Jutsus.

Now, usually, Sakuraba would’ve been ready the moment he was led into this room along with Mitsu, but… while they had refreshments and snacks to preoccupy themselves with – props to the followers of Hikari for supplying them with such delicacies – Sakuraba had his eyes glued to an opened scroll in his hands. Instructions, handseals, and a drawing of a line of pillars made from lightning bolts was shown on the paper, and it would become clear that Sakuraba was intending to master this Jutsu for the spar… j-just to flex a little bit.

"Hnnnnnnng… mhmmmmmmmmmmmhm, yup, yup…” he mumbled to himself, thinking back to his meeting with Captain Morihito, "If I mastuh dis technik, den…” Should be good to go now. With that said, he rolled the scroll up again and shoved it away into a bag that he’d leave behind in the marble room before straightening his back, hands on his knees and take a deep breath. He could… assume that Mitsu wasn’t the biggest fan of this mission, but they did get a hefty pay from it.

Still, he wasn’t getting up from his bench just yet. Whenever she’d pass by him, he’d smoothly latch an arm around Mitsu’s waist and pull her down so she’d plop on his lap before smooching her cheek as a motivation booster. "I know dis mission’s kinda nawt ya forte… sorreh ‘bout ett,” he’d apologize, instinctively nuzzling his face into hers. In the end, he remembered that it was ultimately him who agreed to take this mission when they were summoned, "I’ll buy ya sum’thin nice later, or give ya a massage, or whatevuh ya want, so lez show ‘em sun doods who’s boss. I even gawt a new Jutsu ta show ya! ‘Is gawn be worth ett, I promiiiiiiiiise…”

Yeah, over the time since that day at the park, Sakuraba’s gotten really… affectionate. At the very least, this applied when it was just the two of them – he’d often apply to himself the role of ‘tsundere’ when Tetsuo or Taki or his parents were present, if only because that in those cases, those pesky Okada cousins wouldn’t be too far away…
Koji has written 76 posts
Right of Light! [C-Rank Mission | Mitsu]May 18, 2023 14:01:33 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Welcome Distraction---

Mitsu was not a fan of religion. She hated the idea that there was some all knowing force controlling her fate or destiny, hated the idea that things happened for a reason, that those things were out of her control. Everything about most religions from smiling forgiving gods if you just bow down and follow them, to preaching that if you'll perish in hellfire if you fail to follow their ideas... it disgusted her. Her parents had already perished in fire and Mitsu knew well enough that she'd probably go out the same way. It wasn't a thing to fear, but that didn't stop her from pouting something fierce that they had to 'entertain' these monks. The little Tantetsu stewing in her own thoughts as she paced back and forth.

Only to find herself ensnared by the welcome distraction of Sakuraba's warm arms as he tugged her onto his lip. His kiss and nuzzles smoothing away the worried furrow between Mitsu's brows as she lets herself melt against his front. Returning his nuzzle with one of her own as her arms come to loop loosely about his neck. "It's ok money is money. We can't always pick the missions we want to do." Mitsu soothes as she presses her own little kiss to Sakuraba's brow.

"What's this jutsu you've been working on? You've been busy the past week." She questions with a smile, well aware he'd joined the Guardian Corps, but wanting to hear it from the boy himself. Her eyes bright with interest and her previous ire forgotten in the face of the grinning affectionate Okada.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 262|
Keen has written 67 posts
Right of Light! [C-Rank Mission | Mitsu]May 18, 2023 15:19:06 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
He’d gotten much closer to Mitsu over the time, yeah. Nuzzling with her, kissing her, pressing up against her, it all just felt right – and as long as it was between the two of them, he felt 100% comfortable being a little bit touchy with his girlfriend. His face always reddened up regardless, thoroughly expressing to her how happy it all made him.

Hell, even being called a jobber back at the gym often felt like a blessing in disguise… because it’d led to cuddling like this! Insane, right?

"I wuz inspired a lil’, so… Raijinheki. A thundah wall,” he’d reveal to her, resting his chin on her shoulder with their cheeks pressed against each other, "Gotta be able to res walls, some’ow, but I ain’t got Doton chakra. Still, a thundah wall sounds way cooluh in ma ears.” If push came to shove, he might’ve been able to enclose the entire village in a dome of lightning… but nah, that sounded a bit too much. Like his chakra.

"…” Damn it, now even he didn’t want to go out there now. He was feeling really comfortable now – like trying to get out of bed early in the morning. "Dey’ll… dey’ll tryna find us if we dun walk out soon. Ya can go out dere and wait for meh – I need a minute ta memorize da scroll,” he stated along with a last smooch, this time locking his lips with hers for a solid couple of seconds before letting her go. The followers of Hikari awaited them outside, all wearing bright robes of different styles, but all appearing to be long, loose and almost ascetic styles. They were friendly, all with even brighter smiles as they’d welcome the shinobi into the church’s plaza for some sparring.

The plaza did look like an arena in and of itself, with ruined pillars here and there as well as seats made of cut boulders for other followers to rest on. It was a sunny day as well, so many of them were in the middle of a prayer by the time the shinobi would arrive.

As to why Sakuraba needed that extra minute, he needed to learn how to hide a kunai.
Right of Light! [C-Rank Mission | Mitsu]May 18, 2023 15:45:41 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Stalling For Time---

"Wow you're first personal jutsu! That's big Sakuraba-kun! A wall made out of lighting would be difficult to pass through without shocking or hurting yourself. That's pretty ingenious." Mitsu praises him, her words honest and it was clear the girl was genuinely impressed. She'd been working on some concepts for her own techniques, but she'd yet to put them together into full jutsu like the Okada had. Her grin bright and proud as she leans into his kiss with happy hum.

Outside of the waiting room it was a beautiful and sunny day. Absolutely perfect weather for a spar, but here Mitsu was wishing she could just tell the Followers of Hikari to go pound salt so she could stay curled up with her boyfriend. Sakuraba's suggestion that she'd better head out there and stall so he can finish the technique earning a pout from the Tantetsu. "Fine... but only for you." Mitsu grumbles out standing slowly only to lean down to playfully nip Sakuraba's ear.

"Don't keep me waiting too long all right~" She whispers into the same ear as straightening she strolls out of the room unaware of the weapon conundrum the boy is currently having. As the Tantetsu plasters her best customer service smile on as she enters the arena.

"Good afternoon honored monks. Who among you today will be my partner and I's opponents?" Mitsu inquires sweetly as she turns towards the two well dressed men waiting across from her in the ring at the ready.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 250|
Keen has written 67 posts
Right of Light! [C-Rank Mission | Mitsu]May 19, 2023 13:52:51 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Hng… hmmmh…. HNNNNNNG! DID SHE HAVE TO NIBBLE HIS EAR?!?! Like, he wanted her to, but he didn’t want her to right now, but at the same time, he didn’t really care, because it was awesome- FUCK ALL OF THIS, MAN! She was such a tease… did she notice? He couldn’t really tell if she did, but maybe that was proof that she didn’t- did she, though? Maybe she intended to egg him on, just to make him embarrass himself in front of the Hikari worshippers-

No, no, no, no… she wouldn’t do that, right? R-Right? At this point, if he knew her character… she’d only embarrass him in private, right? Between the two of them, yeah! He knew that she could get pissy, if that was even sufficient to describe her expression whenever he got shanked on by his cousins back at the Okada’s houses. So she didn’t notice… good. But at the same time, he felt a little disheartened- wait, why did he feel disheartened?! HE HAD A MISSION TO COMPLETE, DAMN IT!

"The two of us will be your opponents, fair kunoichi. I am Sarujin, and this is my brother Harujin… forgive him for his silence, he’s mute,” the first of the two well-dressed men presented. The man called Sarujin had a single ponytail strapped to an otherwise bald head, while Harujin had what looked like dreadlocks spread over his skull. "May Hikari’s light favor you all. We have practiced Ninjutsu in the past, and we’d like to contribute this strength to Hikari’s cause, for which we practice today. Once again, we thank you two for your cooperation-"

"I-I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m read- oh…” Sakuraba proclaimed in a hurry as he waddled outside in his black and orange wrestling outfit, "Thought y’all decided to start without meh. F-Fair…”

"My apologies, shinobi. So, since we’re all ready… Maruhime!” Sarujin called out to another Hikari worshipper – a female clad in garments of an Onmyōji standing by the marble seat located in the middle corner of the arena. "Sarujin. Harujin. Tantetsu-san. Okada-san. Your spar may… begin!”

Sarujin pulled up a staff and launched himself with it towards Mitsu’s position, aiming to land a flying kick at her. Sakuraba’s eyes tracked Sarujin’s movements, but Harujin was cartwheeling towards him and flung a flurry of kicks after his head and torso, all of which Sakuraba were able to evade with crude difficulty. "T-Taijutsu, huh?! Y’all scared o’ angerin’ Hikari with ya Ninjutsu?!”

Harujin wouldn’t say a word. It was true that they desired to keep usage of Ninjutsu to a minimum, due to their growing dedication to Hikari.