Night AT The Museum [M|B]

compose a reply
Night AT The Museum [M|B]May 21, 2023 6:52:51 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 220 | notes

Souma issued a soft sigh as she reviewed the assignment. A late night task, discretely planted within the museum. After a credible tip that a skilled set of ex-shinobi intended to raid the museum to pilfer its collection of high-end gemstones, it was necessary to ensure the public didn't lose faith in Iwagakure's ability to defend them, and so she and one of the Okada had been tasked with ensuring no such thing came to pass.

It was a bit unsettling to be set out to spend the entire night at the museum. She wasn't unfamiliar with the place, having made trips to study more than once, but she couldn't help but fixate on the negative impacts of interrupting her sleep cycle, missing sleep, and such. 

Oh well. There wasn't anything to do about it.

When the time came, Souma stood in the designated place outside the museum, dressed for work. Her armor sat neatly over her robes, her steel cables wound behind her back in an obi tie. She didn't SEEM armed to the layman, but she was more than ready to go to war if needed.

She just had to wait for her partner.

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 348 posts
Night AT The Museum [M|B]Jun 1, 2023 6:51:24 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday February Third rank Special Jounin occupation Bakuha Gundan Lieutenant

Okada Tetsuo

To go on a mission again at last was almost a breath of fresh air to Tetsuo, though he was a little disappointed in the kind of mission that it was, it was definitely better than all the babysitting gigs he had been doing recently. It also absolutely beat the bedrest and physiotherapy that had made up much of his life after his injuries. It might not be an assault mission, but he was pretty good on defense as well, and since he'd get to stack the deck in his favour... well, it would rather suck to be whoever was stupid enough to come into the museum that he was set to guard.

Though he couldn't help but think two Tokubetsu Jounin might be overkill. And sending in a Bakuha Gundan member might not be that smart either... he was going to have to tone down the explosives, wasn't he?

Approaching the museum with his full gear, including his flak jacket worn under his coat, and his ENES firmly attached over his eye, Tetsuo couldn't help but be amused to see that his partner for this mission was already here, some agitation apparent in her posture and expression, but it was probably fretting over something or other.

"Yo, Souma-sensei, you ready to hopefully do nothing for a night or two?" he asked with a slight grin, his family's accent leaking out around the woman who'd put him back together. They both knew that wasn't going to be happening, it may not be tonight, but there'd be a fight eventually. They'd just need to avoid collateral damage.

Word Count: 267
Tags:
Mission Count: 2/20

Eleri has written 43 posts
Night AT The Museum [M|B]Jun 15, 2023 19:06:39 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 202 | notes

Souma was faintly surprised to see who she was paired with, but it passed, and she nodded with satisfaction. "Hello to you, too, Okada-san. I am a touch surprised you are released to action so soon, but if you had to be, you have excellent company to ensure you do not over-exert." Meaning herself, of course.

"Forgive me asking, but the Okada are not... precisely... known for their restraint. How well do you think you will be able to manage combat without damaging articles and exhibits within the museum? Whatever your answer is fine, it will simply help me see how to maneuver our enemies and ensure you can maneuver into the best position for your style and the safety of our surroundings."

She waved for him to follow and led him to a side door that she'd been given a key for. There, she paused and frowned after grabbing the door handle to unlock it- as it moved, clearly already open.

"... I believe the latch may have been severed, Okada-san. We may be on the back foot, here."

Night AT The Museum [M|B]Jun 16, 2023 8:27:44 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday February Third rank Special Jounin occupation Bakuha Gundan Lieutenant

Okada Tetsuo

Tetsuo blinked slightly at the response he got before shrugging, "I figured the release woulda gone over your desk, but guess not." Souma's experienced eye would be able to tell that he was walking easily without trouble, and the movements of his prosthetic limb also matched that of a natural arm. Regardless of any other trouble he might cause, he definitely remained on top of his physiotherapy to ensure that he was at his best.

Her other statement also led him to raise an eyebrow, wondering just how focused she'd been on his cousin to think such a thing. Of course, Taki would absolutely have difficulties not completely trashing a museum with her boisterous combat skillset... and then there was Goro who didn't really know the meaning of the word restraint... yeah, ok, that was a fair question.

"I might be part of the Bakuha Gundan, and an Okada, but I was a Warden once Souma-sensei, and I'm a fuuinjutsu master as well. I'd work best if I can prepare the surroundings and capture anyone who tries to enter," he explained as he followed after the blue haired woman. The realisation that their was likely already a break in had him frowning, his hand reaching up to tap his ENES, setting it to infrared in case it was too dark to see properly. At the same time, he pulled a small scroll from his thigh holster and unsealed a pair of lightning rods, carrying them carefully in his hands as he prepared to enter into the museum.

"That's unfortunate timing... I suppose the client should have hired us sooner" he murmured as he got ready to follow the other shinobi in. He was out of practice on active duty, so he was going to follow her lead for now.

Word Count: 299
Tags:
Mission Count: 4/20

Night AT The Museum [M|B]Jun 25, 2023 13:08:13 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| 225 | notes

"I agree that it should have, but unfortunately, that is often not the way of things. When leadership wishes a particular unit or individual to return to the field, medic diagnosis and prescribed treatment becomes... a suggestion," Souma stated flatly. "It is... fine. It generally works out well. They are not often disregarding things such as needed recovery. More often, it is simply taking the recommended time before redeployment as negotiable."

"Excellent to know. If it comes down to it, do not be afraid to ask me to buy you time. Part of my training is to ensure I can hold off enemies while others are treated, or while I do the treating."

The discovery of the door, however, led her to make a different recommendation. "Step inside and prepare what you need to trap anyone attempting to leave. We will proceed once your preparations are complete. Acceptable?" Souma asked quietly before moving inside quietly and posting up just inside the door, leaving room for Tetsuo to work while she kept an eye out. Her cables remained wrapped around her forearms, but she was ready and waiting to unleash them on any deserving targets that might wander into view or need subduing!

Night AT The Museum [M|B]Sept 23, 2023 7:37:48 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Okada Tetsuo

"Hai," the Okada responded simply, cautiously stepping into the open door and glancing around at their surroundings, his ENES enhanced sight making sure he wouldn't be caught off guard by changes in lighting. Assuming the coast was clear, he begin preparing a number of tags, "you will need to come through first Souma-sensei, to avoid triggering this." That said, he formed three quick seals, grateful that his mechanical hand moved as fluidly as his natural one nowadays, as he strung a number of trip lines connected to tags covered in Oshiishi seals, meant to wrap around the individual who had triggered the trap and lock them down under their own increased weight.

Without rising, he formed another handseal, his chakra gathering in both hands and flowing into the seals as he pressed them down onto it, the intricate markings of the fuuinjutsu simply vanishing from view as he used the Conceal Seal Jutsu to make it much more difficult to detect.

"Most of my seals require more active measures to utilise at the moment," he whispered quietly as heturned to look at his cousin's 'friend' briefly before returning to scan the environment, looking for any signs of the intruders that might be going after the museum's precious gems. They had no idea what to expect after all, and Tetsuo was already trying to figure out what he could about the situation in order to be able to better prepare.

At least he knew his backup was reliable this time.

Word Count: 249
Tags:
Mission Count: 6/20

last edit by Okada Tetsuo on Oct 6, 2023 22:56:24 GMT -5
Night AT The Museum [M|B]Dec 17, 2023 4:22:55 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

| ### | notes

Souma did precisely as directed, moving into the area and leaving Tetsuo to arrange for the seals he intended to use to secure the area, listening quietly while he worked. She pulled a small sheaf of seals from her sleeve as he did, offering them once he rose and looked away. "These are much the same, but may prove useful for you or others. Apply and infuse a small amount of chakra and they will activate a healing technique." She paused. "I apologize if you dislike jellyfish. It is unavoidable."

Taking point, she moved further in, taking her time and doing her best to remain somewhat less than easily noticed, glancing here and there as they moved. She pointed out a set of signs as they worked further into the museum, indicating the directions to the different displays present- including the target of the heist, the gemstone collection. A quick point and a nod was all it'd take to communicate her intention to move in that direction, and then they were off, on alert for whatever might await them.

Or whoever.

Night AT The Museum [M|B]Dec 22, 2023 7:55:12 GMT -5
Okada Tetsuo
Okada Tetsuo Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Okada Tetsuo

With his trap set into place, Tetsuo moved back up next to his partner for the mission, taking the seals she offered in mild bemusement. "I can't say I have any particular feelings about jellyfish, beyond a desire not to be submerged in water if I can help it," he remarked as he stared at the seals for a few moments, making a note of how they were constructed and adding them to his mental repetoire of seals. He wouldn't be able to make them, not fully, he was no medic and they clearly needed to be fuelled by iryo-ninjutsu, but the seals themselves didn't seem to hard for him to draw.

Lightning rods held carefully in a ready position as he followed after Souma, Tetsuo scanned their environment carefully, the infrared vision of his ENES meaning that there were no corners of the museum hidden from his sight, at least not due to any sort of natural darkness.

As they moved into the area containing the gemstone collection his attention swung rapidly through the exhibits, which thankfully appeared to be untouched at this point. That would imply that their intruder hadn't escaped with the gems yet... or they had replaced them with exact replicas. Though, that seemed unlikely and so he would operate on the assumption that their thief had been interrupted before they could do anything. Moving as quietly as he could through the displays, Tetsuo kept a close eye out for anything out of the ordinary, trying to spot the intruder that had clearly made their way in here.

Word Count: 262
Tags:
Mission Count: 8/20