Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]

compose a reply
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]May 26, 2023 16:26:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 308 | notes

Miroru screwed her face up at the name on the letter as it was delivered to her home, but opened and read it anyway. It wasn't a long message- the information that was intended to be shared was going to be delivered in person. This was just a direction to a meeting, one that for Sayuki was likely a long while in coming. She'd wanted more information about Miroru as a shinobi, had expressed her doubts about how skilled she could possibly be and why she merited training and consideration by so many top names within the village.

Well, with the advent of the broadcast exams, now she had that info. And it seemed she wanted to discuss it and help decide where she might be most useful for the village moving forward, which... if Miroru was honest, was exactly the sort of insight she wanted now.

It'd been easy to plot her course to this point. Learn what she needed to graduate the academy. Learn what she needed to qualify for the exams. Learn everything she could to excel at the exams themselves. But now? As a full-fledged Chuunin?

What was she supposed to do now, besides the obvious?

Maybe Sayuki could help with all that.

The redhead travelled through the village and woods as a fox today, opting to adopt the fully vulpine form for its smaller size, swifter speed, and just because it was fun being fuzzy. Darting through the village, she made her way to the designated training lot to meet Sayuki, and padded into the area in search of the girl with whom she was here to confer.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on May 26, 2023 20:08:39 GMT -5
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]May 26, 2023 19:46:15 GMT -5
Kyōbō Sayuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyōbō Sayuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday 10/21 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Operations Team 3 Member
Dear Miroru,
Congratulations on becoming a Chūnin! Even though, I may be the last person you want to hear this from. Recall when I help reorganize Chūnin teams to aid the village success rate via skill compatibility? Well, you fall under my purview for the time being, and I wish to verify your skills, should you accept this program, please meet me at training lot 3.
Best of luck,
Kyōbō Sayuki

Short and sweet, or so Sayuki would think if she hadn't had that whole fiasco regarding Tomomi, Shigure, and of course, Miroru. The young woman felt a sense of anger how everything played out. She wanted the knowledge, she wanted the control, Sayuki couldn't understand how she felt when everything seemed to rule against her. To say it pissed her off was generous, it was a kin to light a match and the fires of hell exploding out of the source. Sayuki couldn't understand why she was in the wrong, what was so bad about entrusting her with knowledge when a shinobi who made accomplishments through unnecessary risks and failures made a rank better than her got access to that knowledge? Just thinking solely on that made Sayuki stop writing out another reassignment draft midway before throwing the pen at a wall with such force, it smashed the pen and cracked the drywall making up her home. "To hell with misplaced trust, and to hell with all the pathetic people calling themselves a title they never earned." The adolescent could see her body flicker with violet and she assumed a relaxed posture, closing her eyes yet tightening her fists. She squared her breathing and the flickers slowed gradually before stopping entirely. She opened her eye and felt a surge of the anger rerouted into a more confined use, feeling the emotional stress in her fists. It took a moment before she finally relaxed and moved to grab her equipment.

It honestly was quite early in the morning before she finally went outside and sent the letter to be mailed. The Kunoichi took a deep breath before walking to the training lot. There wasn't a lot of pedestrians this early but of those that were out, Sayuki didn't need to hear for them to know they were still making snide comments about her immigrant status, the fact she covers her left eye, or both. Sayuki was used to them, some would say they were uncalled for, but she just didn't care. If the comments were worth hearing, someone would have stopped her and said them to her face. Sure, the might gain a fractured skull, but if it needed to be said, they would have to pay the price. The Kunoichi moved ever closer to the training lot as doubt crept in her head about whether or not Miroru would show. It was a fear that for the most part, Sayuki ignored. It didn't make sense for her to worry, yet she was mature enough to acknowledge these feelings and thoughts were her own. They didn't belong to anyone but herself. It just made her angry she was so weak.

Her therapist insists that Sayuki acknowledge them and let them come and go, to cry if she felt sad, to smile if she was happy, and panic if she was scared. Not to turn everything into fuel to constantly be angry. That was a foreign concept to her and perhaps, every Kyōbō. Minus the odd Reiji she met in Kuwana. Sayuki just couldn't grasp at the straws, make sense of these odd feelings. Peace was not a luxury she could afford, nor one she wanted. It was easier to just put up walls than try to shift her very being. The Kyōbō was painfully aware she needed to try but her response was and always will be "Why?" They were at war, even if it was a time of relative peace, tensions continued to rise and Sayuki could feel a volcano brewing like it was about to burst at any moment. After a morning walk of relative peace, Sayuki continued onto the center of the training lot. She had no clue when Miroru would get the letter nor what time. Sayuki adopted a meditative stance which involved her on her knees, sitting on her legs. She rapidly crossed her arms in an 'X' and waited as her sleeves went over her shoulders, looking very much like a vertical crossed straight jacket.

Any minute... any minute... I'm going to be here for hours, am I?

SAs Used:
『Weaponized Chakra』
Sayuki's clan, the Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced mutually with anger and can be controlled if Sayuki control's her emotions, this is not a simple task. The more anger she has, the stronger (and feral) her attacks are, but of course, this makes her prone to lose her control. Sayuki is more attuned to great outbursts of anger, meaning her combat is more feral. These attributes, in essence, makes her a true berserker.

『Kyōbō Chakra Pool』
Along with weaponized chakra as part of her clan's KKG, Sayuki's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables her to utilize more Ninjutsu-based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Sayuki is quite capable of having good control, she is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with her chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at her current skill level.

『Wrath of Kyōbō』
Coming from the feral branch of the enraged Kyōbō clan, Sayuki had to quickly learn how to weaponize her normally uncontrollable anger. With discipline and intention paved and clear, Sayuki has adopted a masterful state of combat. By focusing the very Kyōbō rage in her blood, the girl can use her emotions as a boost to her combat prowess. With this ability, her emotive combat strength stands equivalent to the power of those dedicated in Taijutsu of similar rank (Strength Bump to Tai Primary). This power boon steadily grows relative to Sayuki's base skill. Thus allowing the Kyōbō's rage to truly turn into a weapon much like her clan ability demands. (Requires Limit Breaker [Rimittoburēkā] to be continuously active)

『Beaten Brawler』
Over the years of excruciating torture, and years of pushing her body to its very limits, Sayuki has adapted to withstand even harder wounds and attacks with little reaction. The girl has fought tirelessly and taken blow after blow to further enhance her body and harden her conviction. These stressors on her body have also awakened an undying light, a spark to keep her fighting even when her body falters. Her rage and anger keep her focused on her goal while her body focuses on keeping itself strong enough to achieve her goal. (Split SA of Endurance|Resilence)

Jutsu(s) Used:
N/A

Equipment Used:
02 | Melody Arms (Continuos)
Necro has written 42 posts
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]May 26, 2023 20:20:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 266 | notes
The words of the letter floated in Miroru's mind as she scampered across the town's rooftops on all fours as a fox. Sayuki wasn't the last person she wanted to hear from. Sure, their last encounter had been rough, but the reasoning, at least, was sound. She wanted information she believed she should have in order to do her job to its fullest. Did she need that information? No. Was she permitted that information? No. Did she handle it poorly? Miroru thought so- but at the same time, she felt that it hadn't been malicious. Callous, maybe... but not malicious.

It really wasn't much of a wait at all. In fact, Sayuki's wait would mostly depend on how fast she herself headed to the grounds. Once Miroru got the notice, she'd started heading over, so it wouldn't be long after that before she arrived.

As the fox trotted into the training grounds, she unfolded and melted up into a familiar redhead, albeit one wearing a chuunin's flak jacket now! Her right hand was wrapped in bandages, and some burn scars curled around her left forearm, but she seemed mostly none the worse for wear post exams.

Her bandaged hand lifted in a wave, and she called over as she approached. "Kyōbō-sama! Nice to see you again- especially on less tense circumstances. Er- at least I hope they're less tense. Have you been well?"

MISSIONS
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]Aug 29, 2023 0:09:42 GMT -5
Kyōbō Sayuki
Kyōbō Sayuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday 10/21 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Operations Team 3 Member
Eventually, her thoughts wandered from time passing to how she was going to examine Miroru's capabilities. What was seen in the exams versus what wasn't seen is where Sayuki was interested. Every shinobi recorded is bound to feats that are not recorded, the written can only grant so much knowledge, but it is better to know the parts you can't be taught by ink and paper. It didn't feel like she waited long, Sayuki was lost in thoughts when she heard someone make their approach. A greeting of her by name, Sayuki opened her eye to see the redhead. She remained seated before cracking a smile. Standing to give a slight bow. "Yes, the terms are not severe, it is a pleasure to see you, Miroru-san." Sayuki decided to let herself go on autopilot as her smile slowly faded. "That jacket suits you, again, congrats on earning the jacket." The Kyōbō stated almost matter-of-factly. The young woman allowed her arms to drift at her side. "Before we get started, how are you feeling today, physically, mentally, emotionally?" The warmth of her words were there, but only those who truly knew Sayuki, like her therapist or Tomomi, knew Sayuki wasn't asking if rescheduling was needed, more how much she needed to test in that area.

Tomomi was right when they stated that Sayukki preferred to eliminate the human element. She didn't care about emotions and feelings if she did, she cared about success rate, the execution and the results. Being human was a luxury people forfeited when they became shinobi. They should start recognizing it and respond accordingly. Sayuki swung her torso idly side to side as her arms slowly waved around her. She gave time for Miroru to speak. Regardless of what Miroru said, Sayuki chimed in only a second after the younger girl concluded. "My composition test has proved successful when utilized. The information gathered here will only remain between us and any third party you wish to disclose to. Village documentation will only get the results of the draft I write up, the reasoning is only given upon being asked and that reasoning will be of vague answers to ensure privacy." Sayuki paused to exhale only to inhale so much air, one would think she was about to scream for the entire country to hear.

"The test is made of multiple tests ranging from physical capabilities to that of emotional well-being. Due to how volatile some results are, some tests have already started. Any and all relevant information to your capabilities will be calculated to ensure both the survival and success rate between you and your teammates. In the event something traumatic comes up, the tests will not conclude. Tests may be named and identified when appropriate. However, no instructions will be given. Hints may be dropped but will not be identified. Each test will conclude in one of two conditions. Enough intelligence for results are gathered or the proctor deems the response enough to generate a result. The status or identity of a test may not be inquired. Upon agreeing to meet to take the Composition test, any and all tests are automatically agreed to. There are ways to fail the Composition test. Certain conditions constitute different outcomes. If the tests are visibly too much for a candidate, the proctor may opt to dismiss them. A retake is recommended after several months should the examinee be dismissed. If the proctor is incapacitated in any way, the test concludes and the examinee is required to submit a request for retake at any time with proper time given to the proctor to recover. Should the examinee be rendered incapacitated, the only retake allowed is when the proctor sees it fit to test you, the examinee, again. These tests look for the ideal, optimal performance of you, the examine, for beneficial results to you, your team, and the village. The overarching test will span the length of the day, further testing beyond a day should not be strived for and will earn negative results as these results are used to create team harmonic synchronization, not discordant mishaps. Any questions you wish to ask before the difficulty increases?"

Once Sayuki was done explaining the terms and conditions starting at the arrival of the training lot, she took her time to regain her breathing, trying her best to remain as composed as possible for Miroru.

SAs Used:
『Weaponized Chakra』
Sayuki's clan, the Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced mutually with anger and can be controlled if Sayuki control's her emotions, this is not a simple task. The more anger she has, the stronger (and feral) her attacks are, but of course, this makes her prone to lose her control. Sayuki is more attuned to great outbursts of anger, meaning her combat is more feral. These attributes, in essence, makes her a true berserker.

『Kyōbō Chakra Pool』
Along with weaponized chakra as part of her clan's KKG, Sayuki's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables her to utilize more Ninjutsu-based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Sayuki is quite capable of having good control, she is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with her chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at her current skill level.

『Wrath of Kyōbō』
Coming from the feral branch of the enraged Kyōbō clan, Sayuki had to quickly learn how to weaponize her normally uncontrollable anger. With discipline and intention paved and clear, Sayuki has adopted a masterful state of combat. By focusing the very Kyōbō rage in her blood, the girl can use her emotions as a boost to her combat prowess. With this ability, her emotive combat strength stands equivalent to the power of those dedicated in Taijutsu of similar rank (Strength Bump to Tai Primary). This power boon steadily grows relative to Sayuki's base skill. Thus allowing the Kyōbō's rage to truly turn into a weapon much like her clan ability demands. (Requires Limit Breaker [Rimittoburēkā] to be continuously active)

『Beaten Brawler』
Over the years of excruciating torture, and years of pushing her body to its very limits, Sayuki has adapted to withstand even harder wounds and attacks with little reaction. The girl has fought tirelessly and taken blow after blow to further enhance her body and harden her conviction. These stressors on her body have also awakened an undying light, a spark to keep her fighting even when her body falters. Her rage and anger keep her focused on her goal while her body focuses on keeping itself strong enough to achieve her goal. (Split SA of Endurance|Resilence)

Jutsu(s) Used:
N/A

Equipment Used:
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]Aug 30, 2023 16:22:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 470 | notes
Miroru made sure to return the bow herself, straightening and stretching a little bit as she adjusted the strap holding her war gunbai to her back. The gesture showed off- briefly- the fingerless gloves she had acquired from her parents, as well as the paired sandals, the paired set an heirloom from her mother's time in the Barrier Corps. "Thank you for the congratulations! The exams were- intense. To say the least. I think it was the first real picture I got of what it's like when shinobi meet in the field. I've faced bandits before, even a few with a jutsu or two, but. That was something entirely different," she admitted.

"Um...Physically, great. Mentally and emotionally... I feel pretty good. Better than I did. I went into the exams deliberately holding back a lot in the direct combat sections, but one of my opponents didn't seem to realize I was taking it easy on him and just- insulted me, over and over and over, so... I got too serious for a moment, and it cost him his arm." The redhead looked up at the sky for a moment.

"I felt bad about that for a while. Still kind of do, but. Everyone keeps reminding me, we were meant to be taking it seriously the whole time. And I was, really, but I was definitely trying to minimize the force I delivered while still achieving my goals." She looked back to Sayuki. "I didn't want to, like. Do like the Okada kid did and just ERASE my opponents in an instant for an easy win. Everyone worked hard to reach the exam finals. It felt like a lousy play on my part to take the easy wins and shut down my opponents before they got a chance to show off their skills. I wanted the others to pass or fail on their own merits, not get axed just because of a bad match with me."

As Sayuki began to explain the basis of the test, Miroru nodded. "I'd like the results to be available to the Hokage and Yamanaka Tomomi-sama, at the very least. I think they'd be best suited to determine who else gets access, in any case, so anyone they wish to grant access to is fine by me as well."

The outright barrage of terms and conditions left Miroru staring slack-jawed and blinking, astonished at what she managed to get out in a single breath.

Ye spirits, does this brat even NEED to brea-ah, theeeere's the panting.

Be nice. She's trying to explain the thing.

Sounds like she's trying to cover her own rear so she can say it's your fault if you make a mistake.

"Uh- no, no questions. Thank you for sharing the conditions of the examination! Please, feel free to proceed!"

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Aug 30, 2023 16:35:57 GMT -5
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]Sept 30, 2023 23:19:06 GMT -5
Kyōbō Sayuki
Kyōbō Sayuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Sayuki, while still catching her breath, nodded at Miroru's answers, thinking of all the potential outcomes, analyzing how the younger kunoichi answered. Holding back in direct combat was not good. Given that she has admitted to holding back, regardless of who she was facing. Miroru had no stance to hold back. She was proving her worth as a shinobi and Sayuki wouldn't feel comfortable placing this uncertainty aspect with any other reserved shinobi. The scenarios where self-doubt clouds the mind are dangerous in high-stakes missions, where Miroru would feel those stakes more immensely. Even if she had a moment of realization where it needed to happen, that is rather poor. She looked Miroru with her sole violet eye. Miroru already knows of the red iris staring at her, hidden from the world. "Already, I prefer the Okada kid. If I had the world of team assignment potentials, I'd pair you with him. Your clones can support the kid actually acting his potential." Sayuki didn't specify it, but the test already starting was that of mental strain. Her questions of an innocent nature were purposefully to get any point of pressure that could be adversely used and dig salt in those wounds. The long terms were to exhaust Miroru's ability to stand at attention. The slight mental decay was the perfect light test of the waters.

"Miroru, tell me. What's your answer, not the morally or subjectively correct to the following question. There is an attack from an enemy nation on Konoha, the destruction is unprecedented. Your practical sister and best friend has to face an opponent of Special Jōnin strength but for one reason or another they are outclassed immensely to the point they will not survive the fight. Behind you, a group of academy students in a shelter are targetted by a group of Chūnin and despite shelter from a generic attack, they will not survive the onslaught coming. You have the capability and strength to save either if you rush in time, but you will not be able to save the other as time moves regardless of your actions. Who do you personally save, why would you, and why did you leave the unshielded to die?" Sayuki took a few steps closer to Miroru, her blank poker face only adding to the tone that any answer would leave disappointment.

She smacked her arms together and a high pitch ringing came from her sleeves. "Who do you save?" Before an answer could come, she repeated the action and question with a more aggravated and frustrated tone. "Why did you leave the other to die?" Again, she repeated the action. "Why do you have the power to choose who gets to live and die?" Sayuki's voice was cracking, as if she was distraught and directly affected by Miroru's hypothetical choice. With a tear inn her eye, Sayuki fell to her knees and through a sobbing voice, she threw her another curve. "Are you even human?" The woman waited to hear Miroru's full answer. She gave her time, it was almost eerie, seeing such a stern woman break down over a hypothetical, yet, that was exactly what was happening. Sayuki's goal was to gauge how Miroru would fair against the existential question old as time.

SAs Used:
『Weaponized Chakra』

『Kyōbō Chakra Pool』

『Wrath of Kyōbō』

『Beaten Brawler』

Jutsu(s) Used:
N/A

Equipment Used:
last edit by Kyōbō Sayuki on Sept 30, 2023 23:21:19 GMT -5
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]Oct 1, 2023 1:27:01 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
Sayuki came in hard and Miroru squinted a tiny bit. "I mean. I guess? Him acting his potential is why he lost against me. I knew his strengths before we even matched. I had cards left to play that he didn't know about. He played all his and lost. All the power in the world means nothing if your opponent denies you the chance to ever utilize it." Miroru stated the words calmly. She WAS frowning a bit, but more in confusion. It seemed really strange for someone so deeply invested in the trenches of teamwork and compatibility to completely overlook something as simple as avoiding showing one's entire hand while knowing one has battles left to fight.

The question posed to her deepened that frown. Sayuki was clearly aware she could utilize clones- and, she was certain, likely also aware she was a strong summoner. The idea of being unable to contribute to the battle in two places at once seemed completely nonsensical. But, it was just a question, the rules were in place, and-

CLANG

Miroru jerked, unprepared for the sharp noise and immediately thrown off. It repeated, the aggressive questioning pressed further, fracturing, Sayuki collapsing and sobbing and dropping one hell of a question.

Are you even human?

Truth told, the sharp sensory overloads and aggressive press did a lot more to stall her decision making process than the collapse. The question, though, struck a chord, and if Sayuki looked up at her, she might even catch a brief glimpse of... something. Behind her eyes. Something in the way she looked down past cheeks still lightly padded by youth to stare down at her like an eagle staring down a nice fat salmon.

One deep breath, then answers.

"In order- the children; because it is a larger blow to their forces to wipe out a squad of chuunin and it isn't the children's fault they aren't strong enough to defend themselves; because it is more likely that someone who can defeat a single Tokubetsu Jounin will arrive to assist or avenge my sister than someone able to fight down a squad of chuunin arrives in time."

Why does she get to choose who lives and who dies? "Because I earned that power, by training my body, by training my skills. And am I human?"

She crouched, peering at the strangely broken woman before her. "Yes. Because I have to be. Because it's the only sights down which who lives and who dies ultimately gets aimed."

MISSIONS
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]Oct 1, 2023 2:56:46 GMT -5
Kyōbō Sayuki
Kyōbō Sayuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Comparison, in moderation, is a tool for self-improvement and reflection. It seemed like the moderation Miroru has allows her to see it with the right lens where the benefits and pitfalls can be analyzed and calmly raised to improve. Most people aren't that lucky, and most cannot moderate it. For Miroru, there is that silver lining. While it was a jab, her response to it was, enlightening. Sayuki was impressed with the answer. However, she was disappointed that the "what if" support role to that kid was compared in a fashion of "since I can beat him, he's not good." Sayuki wasn't looking for a contest, despite potentially being an adversary, she wanted to hear how Miroru's collaborative efforts could rein him in and make it so that he wouldn't reveal his hands, that together, they'd be a great team in another universe. Sayuki admits that her line of thinking is linear but rapid enough to almost not make sense. So, she didn't mind Miroru's looks. She wasn't a mind reader but the older woman felt the younger was rightfully confused at her. It made the most sense to Sayuki.

During the appetizer, she was thoroughly proud of Miroru's quick thinking when delayed in what many consider a difficult question. How the Kyōbō proposed it led her to believe Miroru's way of thinking was predisposed to be objective rather than based on morality. No heroes, Sayuki enjoyed that. A shinobi thinking themself to be a hero is a self-limiting handicap. Even Shigure, as much credit and stellar results as he delivered, was no hero. Upon hearing the rest of Miroru's words, Sayuki smiled and covered her tear-soaked eye. Sliding off her bandages to reveal the kept dry, crimson eye. Without missing a beat, Sayuki exhaled and inhaled, to deliver a less shaky, solid voice. "What if I told you you aren't a human? Not with the power you earned." Sayuki stood back up with the hand dropping the bandages before returning to her side. After letting the words soak in, Sayuki half expected a rationale how she was wrong. "We fought hard to earn whatever power we have, but I truly mean it. Neither of us are human, what you explained is a tool. We are ordered for results, no human can build a life on the lives of others... I'm sorry... but the sooner you realize we shinobi are merely tools... the sooner you can sharpen your skills." The white haired kunoichi was rather quick to shut down the mere thought. "None of us have the honor to be human, not with the power we have."

Sayuki looked down to her hands and slowly clenched and unclenched her fists. "Do you know, I killed my cousin to get here?" Here was intentionally left vague, for it could mean physically, psychologically, emotionally, cognitively. Sayuki did have a single tear fall, but for the most part, she seemed unfazed. "What do you think, should I have not came here? What is more important, my family or my capabilities?" Sayuki figuratively but Miroru in the light she stood. She wanted Miroru to tear her down. Regardless of the answer, she wanted to hear Miroru's words. With the previous questions and statements, she expected Miroru to know what Sayuki was trying to get out of her. She wanted to see if Miroru's convictions to humanity were strong or not. Which would be interesting, the Uchiha clan is known to have intense emotions, values, beliefs. But, do they hold others to that standard?

Sayuki clasped her hands together in front of her chest. She had just enough info to set up a psychological profile. Coupled with prior experience, she was almost sure she could build a better report of Miroru than of herself. She still needed more information for the desired results, yet, Miroru was psychologically a sound candidate with what she currently knows of Miroru.

SAs Used:
『Weaponized Chakra』

『Kyōbō Chakra Pool』

『Wrath of Kyōbō』

『Beaten Brawler』

Jutsu(s) Used:
N/A

Equipment Used:
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]Oct 1, 2023 15:16:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
What if I told you you aren't a human? Not with the power you earned.

Ohhhhhhh.
If she only knew~

Miroru's eyes slid to the side as if ashamed at the phrasing Sayuki used, but locked back on when she changed it to apply to all shinobi, listening and absorbing her reasoning. She nodded slowly, taking in the words shared.

"You sound... a lot like Hatake-sama used to sound. You know Toshizo-sama, right?" Miroru tilted her head, considering how to share this. "When I first met Toshizo-sama, that's the same sentiment he expressed. That we as shinobi are tools to be used. But later, as he got to know me better, he changed the line to hope I could be more than just a tool." Another moment of consideration. "I think that mindset is useful for keeping people from thinking they're big dang heroes- but I also think it hampers reaching our full potential for the village. Our ROLE is to be tools, to be dispatched to assure the completion of the tasks we're given, that's absolutely true- but the one giving the orders is almost never on the field with you when you're working. Which means they can't give realtime adjustment to orders in ninety nine scenarios out of a hundred. So it's vital that we ACT as tools- but THINK for ourselves to find the best WAY to do the tasks assigned. Making objectively bad decisions because the orders given before new information came to light didn't take such eventualities into account is definitely not a strength, and leadership will only accept "well that's what you told me to do" as an excuse for poor judgment so many times."

She took a breath and huffed it out. "... I probably could have said all that by just pointing out that good judgment is one of those skills we need to sharpen, huh."

The next line, though, slapped Miroru in the face, and her eyes widened in shock. Her eyes dropped as she thought things through, and she took a slow breath. "I... don't know... enough to answer that." She lifted her head and let her breath out slowly. "I don't know if you mean that your hand was forced, and killing your cousin was the right move and earned you this position; or if you mean that your cousin tried to stop you from leaving, and you had to kill them to go; or if you mean that you assassinated your cousin for clout with Konoha leadership. There's so many shades of how that one sentence could play out, I can't possibly judge you on that alone."

She was quiet a long time.

"More important isn't a meaningful classification without context. Air is more important than water, which is more important than food, if you're talking about human survival. But if you're talking about seaweed, air and water switch places immediately. If you're talking about a picnic, it changes again. And when you consider some of the wild clans out there, it changes all over again. So when you ask me to weigh your capabilities against your family... I'd need context. Absent context, I have to impose my own, which is "in general as a shinobi", and then I'd have to say your capabilities are more important. After all, at the Exams, outside of my friends who both made excellent use of their clan's Hijutsus, the two that had the best showing of pure force were a kid from a Narashi clan and a kid from a big clan without their inheritance."

MISSIONS
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]May 4, 2024 12:18:20 GMT -5
Kyōbō Sayuki
Kyōbō Sayuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
It was clear given how Miroru was answering that she at some point had a clear blind-side for Sayuki's questioning words. In response, she drew comparisons to that of Hatake Toshizou. From what Sayuki was allowed to know, Toshizou was a fierce and driven individual, his skills with a blade were unmatched. According to Miroru, the Kyōbō kunoichi and the alpha male had a lot of similarities. This both gave the hope competency was in the upper rings and there was truly a burning desire for true justice. Sayuki continued to listen to Miroru's words. The man remained hardened but something gave in him to be more hopeful of the present and future. It caused the young woman to widen her visible eye, she had admittedly some trouble that someone so stuck to their waves could easily change. There may have been more external factors neither she nor Miroru had accounted for. But, it did seem to earn the young girl's respect. She went on to say that the shared mindset was useful for keeping in line and not becoming something people are not, but it hampers not reaching full potential. It was an interesting train of thought Sayuki had not considered. Mainly because it made little sense. If a sword wanted to become a hammer to make new swords, would the full potential be met? No, the tool was explicitly designed to cut and stab. Any blunt force would ruin the sword. That is why they had specialists, that is why not everyone got the same job. Because nothing will get done. At least, that was how Sayuki viewed it. How Miroru saw it was a little more catered to flexibility. That while shinobi had the role of tools, they had autonomy to be flexible. Realtime adjustments can't be given a lot, her point on that is true, her explanation was sound but then she added "Making objectively bad decisions because the orders given before new information came to light didn't take such eventualities into account is definitely not a strength, and leadership will only accept "well that's what you told me to do" as an excuse for poor judgment so many times."

So? Orders do not change at new information unless drastic. Objectives may be added or removed, but changing a whole ordered mission is ridiculous. It is true that it had a set reach of allowance, but the order should be completed. Sayuki did her best not to show any further bias when Miroru attempted to back track. The act of external thinking, albeit rare to be given any form of acceptance, was enough to show some humility and even adaptability. Sayuki was completely aware of that but she knew not all agents in leadership accepted that. While she admired Miroru's free-thinking, she couldn't always see it passing. The next big thing was both a look of truth into Sayuki and a chance at Miroru to rehash the line between ethics and morality. A trolley incident like question only targets the most extreme action, but this, asking of her input, might reveal more. Might, as Miroru admitted she did not have enough to answer on that alone. Sayuki waited for silence to capture all the words Miroru had. "Alright... make the same discernment with this added context. As a Kyōbō clan member, our clan acts extremely feral. Our only structure is obeying the 'Father' akin to wolf packs and their Alpha. It is the male's duty to be strong, to bring about our peace in a sense. While in a similar fashion, they are more in a position to hunt. As women, our predominant role is to both birth and raise the next potential 'Father'. With that, I refused to be used to only completing that role, so I chose to run to somewhere more aligned with my thinking. Tagging back to my original question, should I not have come here? Does the added context sway your decision, do you see why I did what I did? What do you believe? What is more important with that information?"

As much as Sayuki likes orders, she knew she disobeyed one that strongly changed her life but this was one of the few orders she was glad she disobeyed. It does present a unique question almost fit for assessment as there's no black and white, but given the context when it's given, the options exist.

So far, out of a basic, on the fly and no analysis, eval of psychological performance. Miroru would range a 4/5 on conviction, a cozy 3/5 on morality and ethics, a 3/5 on premeditated - cognitive - quick decision, these alone Tell Sayuki nothing and merely act as a check mark on only one aspect of Miroru, the assessment gets harder from here and where the more manual tests begin.

SAs Used:
『Weaponized Chakra』

『Kyōbō Chakra Pool』

『Wrath of Kyōbō』

『Beaten Brawler』

Jutsu(s) Used:
N/A

Equipment Used:
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]May 4, 2024 15:18:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Miroru frowned at the explanation, then forced herself to relax. "You know- I think I can safely say yes, both from my perspective and your family's. By their own metrics, strength in females is intrinsically less important than being a female itself. In fact, if your primary responsibility is to birth and raise new males, a strong female unwilling to be bred would be a liability. HAD you stayed, I think it fair to say that you would have been useless to the task of raising any young you were forced to birth, and further dangerous to any family members too weak to force you to do as they wanted."

Miroru's face twisted a bit. She didn't like making herself think like that.

"From my perspective, I think it's hideously reductive and myopic. Forcing males into the role of cultivating power and females into the role of breeding that power, first off, is a two-fold coin flip. Not all females are good at raising or, for that matter, birthing children. And not all females are without power. Likewise, not all males are bad parents, and not all males are powerful. By those imposed metrics, you're- er, colloquial you, not you specifically, obviously- losing half those who would excel at each role, and filling those ranks with those who explicitly do NOT excel."

She nodded to herself. "I do not think you should have remained in a position where your obvious intellect was wasted on making babies and being expected to teach them things you didn't yourself believe, and if someone tried to make you do that and prevent you from leaving, I think you did what you had to do. And from their perspective, you were essentially useless as anything but a womb due to your beliefs, and your cousin wasn't strong enough to stop you from leaving. Even from their perspective, they should view you leaving as an overall desirable situation."

COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Assessment [Miroru/Sayuki]May 5, 2024 23:03:50 GMT -5
Kyōbō Sayuki
Kyōbō Sayuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Sayuki took in Miroru's words. She was able to separate familial ties and capability enough to weigh the options. Sayuki was expecting some pushback given how she believed duties needed to be followed but was surprised Miroru sort-of sided with the capability angle Sayuki prefers. She wanted to smile or sigh in relief but it was still an assessment. To give credit where credit was due though, Miroru's perspective and vocabulary was extremely refreshing. Sayuki nodded to acknowledge she was still listening to the red-head girl, trying to analyze the answers for a deeper meaning. Admittedly, Sayuki herself was feeling a toll, doing this sporadically, multiple times, it gets to her; holding information in her head was hard. She needed to delve into the other fields, the question is how, does she really want to warn Miroru or just jump right in? Sayuki thought back to the agreed terms to remember what she laid for Miroru to expect. Identity of test and name may be expressed when appropriate... No instructions but hints may be given... Status may not be inquired... Got it. Hint... name... well, it's physical now so I don't need to dance, besides, I'm getting this willingly now.

Miroru, with her intellect, may have seen Sayuki start to think via her body language of idle body swaying and head bouncing. "Hey Miroru-san... Have you limbered up?" The Kyōbō kunoichi stretched her arms above her head, a very slow chuckle leaving her lips. "Don't you feel like moving?" The young woman kept stretching first her arms, then her legs, then she started doing jumping jacks. "Hey Miroru, how fast do you think you can run? Do you mind showing me?" Sayuki wanted Miroru to run, mainly cause the minute she did, the next test would begin. Sayuki weaved and prepared seals, but held from doing the last one, she really wanted the girl to run. She did not want to surprise Miroru too much, after all, a test shouldn't be too hard. Not this test anyway.

SAs Used:
『Weaponized Chakra』

『Kyōbō Chakra Pool』

『Wrath of Kyōbō』

『Beaten Brawler』

Jutsu(s) Used:
??

Equipment Used: