compose a reply
A LetterMay 26, 2023 16:37:24 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7, -4 SD rank Chuunin occupation Kunoichi
"To Miroru Uchiha,

I've heard you've promoted to the rank of Chunin and at the top ranking of the participants. To that, I give you a formal congratulations. 

I write to you to let you know some things, regarding our last meeting. I'm Hatake Shinde. However, I wasn't always that. I wasn't born mighty and privileged. I wasn't anyone special. I was Iruhi Shinde, the daughter of a single mother. Born from wedlock. Never having known my real father, who approached me one day at the age of twelve, about a year ago. So...No, I never thought I was too good for you. If anything, I feel inadequate as ever, to be in the position that I'm in, and I'm grateful for everything I have. 

The day you and I met again in Kuwana, you came to me, angry, and upset. You already presumed me guilty. I remember that look on your face. Angry. As if I was the most disgusting and revolting person. As if I was garbage. I remember the face of your "older sister", Aburame Azarea. How she glared daggers at my face and threatened to kill me if I got near you. You have good friends that seem to want to protect you and will always take your side. I'm happy for you. I imagine that when she split my jaw and tongue in half, she might have done that for you. Those looks on your faces. The scars I have. I will remember them for the rest of my life.

I'm writing this respectfully, to clear up the air. I was given some formal advice by my superiors.

I will attempt to avoid the Uchiha compound from this point forward, and rest assured, I will never touch you again.

I formally apologize.

It would likely be best if we part ways from this point forward. Pretend as if we never knew each other, and maintain a strictly professional relationship. 

Signed, 

Hatake Shinde
Heiress to the Hatake Clan."

last edit by Hatake Shinde on May 26, 2023 16:39:48 GMT -5
dandead10 has written 307 posts
A LetterMay 26, 2023 22:46:05 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7, -4 SD rank Chuunin occupation Kunoichi
A letter is returned relatively soon, in this game of back and forth.

"You seem to misunderstand Miroru,

A lesson that's not often taught but is very real. That not all mistakes get second chances, and the consequences of mistakes, even small ones can be very permanent. People talk about forgiving and forgetting, but there's just some things that you don't forget. You can say that you shouldn't be held responsible for what happened because you were angry, or upset. That doesn't change what happened. That doesn't change the way I feel.

You found disbelief that Yaki would kill her pets, and so you accused me. That at the end of the day is the hard truth. Regardless, it's a situation that's going to end up in a circle I feel like. The letter you're writing me is similar to that day. So let me put it to you. When you came to me, as a friend, and said in that angry tone that accusation? You threw away that friendship before I did. I only reciprocated it clearly. You came as angry as you did because you already thought me guilty, and wanted to confront me. You didn't come to ask, you came to interrogate. You came to judge and with spite. Not with the intention of understanding.

You've hurt me more than you can imagine. The worst part is? You're not the least bit sorry. Instead, you justify every reason.

You have plenty of other friends that love and adore you, that I'm sure you love in turn. It is regretful that I wasn't, and likely never was one of those.

Signed,

Hatake Shinde."

last edit by Hatake Shinde on May 26, 2023 22:47:42 GMT -5
dandead10 has written 307 posts
A LetterMay 26, 2023 23:00:27 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki
Delivered in short order, in pristine handwriting:

Shinde-

You should report your discovery to the Hokage. He'll want to know about this amazing new form of self-targeted Genjutsu you've clearly developed.

Professionally,
Miroru

All further letters are returned unopened.
Threnody has written 1,179 posts