Scorched

compose a reply
ScorchedSept 18, 2023 16:31:00 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

"Yeah I wouldn't have expected you too, at least not on purpose. The first time I did it was a complete accident, almost burned the house down, but I imagine you have been practicing focusing and molding your chakra in the academy so we'll just expound upon that." Asahi replied. He had no expectations of Senshi being able to pull this off but the foundation of her training would be to get a feel for how she should do things so that after a lot more practice she'd be comfortable with the mechanics.

From his seated position the chunin would keep an eye on Senshi's efforts not just in the visual sense but also with his abilities as a sensor. He was getting better at not only picking up signatures from further distances but was also becoming adept at noticing individual elements as they were being molded (or in this case a dual element) and figured this was a better time than none to get some practice in. If he hadn't been sitting directly next to her the small blip of chakra would have gone unnoticed but there was something there and it was a start.

Hearing Senshi's question would elicit a small chuckle from the chunin. "Funnily enough I can't use katon, still working on it. Futon, however, it's like a rush of wind coursing through your entire body and you have to focus on where to direct it. I guess in terms of Shakuton though think of katon as the power source and then futon as the tool you use to strengthen the fire and direct it's movement."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Kyokujitsu Asahi on Sept 21, 2023 10:38:13 GMT -5
Kata has written 604 posts
ScorchedDec 22, 2023 9:36:38 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday January 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1 Member
She didn't really know what the word "expound" meant, but she could understand his demonstration. "It's like the sun, and the wind is used to move it!" She says, imagining forming this ball of heat, condensing it in her hands, and pushing it outward with a burst of heat. Or so was her imagination anyways. Everything was so thrilling and exciting, she knew that there had to be a lot more to it. So, with that said, as she listened to his demonstration of sorts, she proceeded to take a deep breath and formed the tiger seal, well associated with fire jutsu, and tried to mold it in her chest. Get a feel for the element, and channeled her chakra in the pit of her stomach.

Let it grow, and burn through, and swallow up her chakra, as she opens her mouth, and takes a deep breath. Trying to channel and focus her own inner fire. Focused and channeled the power deep within herself and she feels her chest puff of ever so slightly. Before she opens her mouth. With an exhale, she feels something. A little something as a small puff of smoke leaves her mouth. A little drifting bit of ash along the wind, before she coughs; sputtering for a moment, before she wipes her face and eyes. Sputtering for a few moments more, before turning towards Asahi. "...Do I need to start smoking in order to get good at the fire thing? I know my uncle used to smoke a lot."
Dandead10 has written 191 posts
ScorchedDec 22, 2023 13:28:29 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

Asahi would nod at Senshi's interpretation of his explanation though if he were to correct her on anything it would be that the wind was used to strengthen the flames of the sun instead of moving it, but that was splitting hairs at this point so he'd let her continue on with that line of thinking. The chunin watched as the young student prepared for an attempt at molding chakra, specifically katon given the seal she was holding, and once more focusing his own efforts as a sensor to develop a mental picture of what was going on in her chakra network. Being this close and concentrating as he was would allow him more leeway on the detail he'd be able to get and he could sense the sparks of heat that came with low level molding.

The attempt would materialize as little more than a puff of smoke coming from Senshi's mouth and a coughing fit to boot, but it was at least progress. Her question would make the Kyokujitsu laugh though she did raise an interesting point about the correlation of people who used katon chakra and those who smoked. "I don't think that's necessary, and there's plenty of other reasons people pick up that habit, but I'd say that was a really good attempt for a beginner. Y'know what they say, if there's smoke there's fire so with some more practice you'll be shooting fireballs in no time. How about one more go?"

Progress was not always linear and there was no guarantee that one attempt would be leaps and bounds better than the next, but consistency was key in developing skill in the ninja arts.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
ScorchedDec 22, 2023 16:05:19 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Honestly, Senshi didn't have all that much skill when it came to cooking or anything like that, and had never worked in a forge. So it made sense that she didn't put it all together yet that wind and fire were opposing elements on the spectrum, but vastly complemented one another when it came down to strength. He laughed, and he said he didn't think it was necessary to start smoking. "Oh, just askin', because I never see them cough when smoke comes out of their mouth." Not knowing that the dangers of nicotine was an addictive and horrible process. She just knew she was told to stay away from the stuff. So, before long? He'd asked her if she had it in her for one more go. She coughed a few more times, before nodding her head.

"Sure thing!" She says, before forming the ram seal, to control her chakra a bit better, and then transitioning to the tiger seal. Taking a deep breath, she channels the chakra deep within herself, feeling the energy flow, and burn, build up inside of her like before. Feeling the intensity increase as she pours as much of it into herself at the same time. A burst of energy influx; as she puffs her chest up and opens her mouth. She tries to exhale and let it all out in a singular flow of motion. Except this time, she didn't cut the flow of chakra short. Instead, she continues to run it through. 

She feels more smoke exhale from her mouth, a larger amount before, and ashes, before she lets out a small plume of it. Inadvertently, using the handseals for the Haijingakure no Jutsu. She'd cough and sputter again, hard, as she feels tears well up in her eyes. Coughing hard into her arm, as she could feel the lingering feeling of heat and ash in her mouth. "I don't know how they do it." 
last edit by Kyokujitsu Senshi on Dec 22, 2023 16:05:40 GMT -5
ScorchedDec 25, 2023 22:50:18 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

"Well, they generally aren't dealing with as much smoke as you are, or what comes after it and it's just a feeling you have to get used to." Asahi replied. He had never smoked before but had been around plenty of people who did, whether due to it being ta stress reliever or just a way to give a momentary buzz. He wondered for a moment if the same troubles Senshi was having would befall him should he ever begin to learn katon jutsu, and if so what remedies could he find for a throat covered in soot and ash? Questions for later.

The girl would agree to giving it another go and focus her efforts once more as Asahi did on his end. He could feel the familiar welling and molding of chakra from her previous attempts but this time there was a greater amount. Had she figured out that getting beyond the smoke would require chakra to be released? It was a lot to ask of one so young but this was why they practiced and it would only help the young Kyokujitsu in the long run.

A great exhale of smoke and ash and maybe, just maybe, fire to follow but there would only be more of the former. The amount was akin to that of a jutsu but it definitely couldn't have been something that was done on purpose. Reaching into his pack Asahi would pull out a bottle of water and hand it to Senshi to help ease her discomfort. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you did a katon jutsu, maybe not the one you were expecting but one nonetheless. Don't worry about it too much, you're still young and in the middle of your studies at the academy so there's no need to beat yourself up over it. One thing you have done really well though is given me some good practice with my sensory techniques."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
ScorchedDec 28, 2023 11:28:01 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Asahi was always so reassuring! "Well...I guess you're right! I'll just keep working at it, and I'll do my best!" Pumping her fist into the air, he held the post for a few brilliant moment, before swiftly coming forward and taking the offered water bottle. The elixir of life, as she drink deeply and feels the liquid running down her parched throat. "But hey. At least I got something down! Soon, I'll be the strongest in all of Suna!" Giggling happily at the thought. Though she knew she had a hell of a long way to go before she could pull anything like that.

"Honestly Asa-Nii. I'm really grateful." She says with a small flush of her cheeks. "That you're training me and all that. And really showin' me all the ropes!" Sighing contentedly, she'd take another sip of water, before then offering the bottle back to him. "I think I've just about got the idea of it, and I'll make sure to continue workin' it on my own and all that. Maybe stop by the clan library and see if there's a fire jutsu or somethin' I can learn in my offtime. I gotta prepare to be a Genin for real now." She'd realized she was growing up, and needed to take things more seriously.

"And I'm glad I could help you with your sensory stuff!"
ScorchedDec 30, 2023 19:48:22 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

One thing the girl was not lacking in was spirit, which was a great quality to have not only in training but life in general. The life Senshi was working towards was not a glamorous one and there was a reason so many different techniques had been developed over the course of history: to increase the chances that you made it back home to fight another day. Someone had to lose and it was often permanent so keeping a positive attitude through the often grueling training was key. Asahi had no doubt that his young clan mate would master the the clan techniques in due time and reach her goal of becoming the strongest in the village. She was part of the next generation and one day it would be up to her and her cohorts to take the reigns, so why not be the one to lead them?

"I expect nothing less, and then I can be your bodyguard, future Kazekage-sama." The young man replied with a laugh. Senshi would remark that she had a good grip on what all they had gone over today and she would continue to study on her own which seemed to mark the end of their training for the day. It wouldn't be too long before she was ready to take her academy graduation exam to become a true shinobi, and if she went into it with her the same vigor and excitement that she did today then there was no doubt in the chunin's mind that she'd do just fine.

"It was my pleasure, I'm glad I could help you out. And thank you for helping me, I got some great work in and soon enough I'll be able to tell what someone ate for breakfast." Asahi replied with a laugh. No one was too old to learn and everyone had something to offer regardless of skill or rank. "How about we head back to the clan compound? My parents should be back and I'm sure they're cooking up a storm just for you."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
ScorchedFeb 6, 2024 3:42:50 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
"Be my bodyguard?" She says incredulously, her eyes widened. "That sounds pretty killer. Not gonna lie! Ehehe!~" She giggles, their eyes becoming devious and gremlinish as they imagined the future ahead of her. "I'm going to get this Shakuton stuff down flat, and I'll become awesome!" Though, she imagined that as she went about, there was going to be more difficulties than she could have imagined. Though...That was fine. She approached nearly every problem in her life with incredible enthusiasm and gusto.

"Yeah. We should head back together and eat lots! Afterwards, I'm going to try to mold this Shakuton chakra and stuff. Because I got a totally awesome idea. I'm going to try to use the jutsu to cook an egg!" That awesome looking sun looked like it'd be awesome for making the best sunny side eggs she'd ever seen. She happily followed after him, and as she did, she'd do twirls of joy and delight, always seemingly that sunny personality that could never get knocked down. Not only psyched to be in a brand new location, but also to get in touch with new people. The opportunities to learn were increasing all the more, and she felt absolutely perfect.

"I'm super excited to learn more!"

[End Training]
last edit by Kyokujitsu Senshi on Feb 6, 2024 3:43:17 GMT -5